Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM   #16  

Good morning fellow IPers! I am feeling great and am excited to go for a walk later. The snow is melting and is close to being gone which means I am living in a muddy, soupy mess! At least it isn't cold so I can take my boy out and about for walks.

I haven't wanted to give into cravings but I have been angry at times that I allowed my weight to get this high before doing something. I know that I am doing something great for myself now, and that is what matters, so I am trying to tell my angry self to be quiet

Sugadiva-Good luck, I'm thinking of you today!

Juice man-I agree with you, bmi differs depending upon body type and underlying muscle structure. My husband is 6' and is supposed to be 180,but he would be skeletal at that weight, so he is shooting for 220.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 212/175/140

Height: 4'11"

CaperTiff, you posted yesterday about wishing you could lose as fast as some of the other "fast losers"...

I know exactly how you feel! My third WI was yesterday and it brought my total to 11.8 (I like my scale at home better, haa haa). I have lost inches though, but not quite ready to go down a complete size.

Hang in there -- we'll get through it together
Old 04-05-2011, 10:48 AM   #18  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Tate - BRAVO for that write up....I too go to food when I am happy, sad, mad, etc...what you said really hit home for me. I may be down over 50 lbs but I struggle with it every day...and I know I will continue to struggle even after this IP phase of my life is over Thank you for your words.

I hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:50 AM   #19  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
To 2riderollercoast. Would you tell me how you add the vinegar to the kale chips? Do you mix it with evoo and drizzle over them and then bake? Plain they kinda taste like I am eating crunchy tissue paper.
I put about 2 tablespoons of vinegar (or cidar vinegar) in a small bowl and wisk about 2 teaspoons of evoo in. Then I put the Kale in a big bowl (season if you like, I do black pepper and chili) then drizzle the vinegar mixture on top and with my hand swish it around so every chunk of kale gets some. put on a cookie sheet and season with salt. It tastes way better that way.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:58 AM   #20  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Hang in there today, everyone. My stress is coming in the form of work this week so it is much more superficial than what most of you are going through, but it is stress nonetheless.

Let's all try to stay focused and help each other get through these times.

Juiceman-- SusieB and the others have posted great points. When push comes to shove you need to listen to your body. You know what's best. I'm confident you will reach the right goal for your body. Using a scale or other device to measure your actual BMI will put your mind at ease.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone. Keep truckin'.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:03 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
i would think they'd have the same restrictions as red tomatoes. maybe someone else here would know for sure?? also maybe u could "bread" them with the southwest cheese curls and bake them in the oven???
Well, luckily the breading on the tomatoes isn't my weakness. It's the tartness of the cook green tomato. Goodness, I could eat those every day for every meal! Until I find out for sure, I'll just treat them like ripe tomatoes. Thanks for the suggestion, though!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:06 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 460/411/150 24" lost!

Good morning all! I am starting day 3 today. I hurt like heck last night until I drank more water and had a pinch of salt. Then last night I dreamt about water. Being in water, being by a lake, having to "go". I woke up this morning feeling much better than last night!

I'm still working my way through the tips for newbies thread. You guys are all so inspiring!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good Morning my fellow IP troopers! Here is to another 100% day. Seems like a lot of us are having stressful times in our lives, be it personal, emotional, work or family related. Stay focused and stay on protocol, I know it may be hard, but being overweight is hard on us too. Do this plan for yourself and yourself only. Compliments will come with time, people will notice. I am 60+ into this journey and some people are just now saying, wow you have lost weight. WE CAN DO THIS!

I had a dr. appt yesterday and they were amazed with my weightloss. I guess he did not think I would do this well with IP. I even told him that I no longer go to the clinic or use IP products. He was happy with everything I was doing. I then asked him what I should get down to, he when right to the spinny wheel of death, (that is what I call it). It is the BMI calculator for the average person. He again told me around 180#. He said I needed to get to a BMI of 25 or less to live the healthiest and longest. My goal was 200. 200 puts me at a BMI of 27-28 which still says overweight. He said I could do that but still threw in there that if I wanted to be healthy and live the longest I needed to be 25 or less. GRRRR

14 years ago I was an athelete, muscular and 13% body fat and I weighed 200+. I would cut weight to 189# for wrestling and then get back to 220's for football. I had to work extremely hard to maintain 189#'s. It was crazy hard to stay there. I do not see how I can comfortably maintain below 200#'s.

I want to be healthy and live the longest, but I just do not see another 40#'s on me that I have to lose. I was a bit frustrated with him. Him and I are close to the same height and we clearly have different body structure. I said so you are telling me that I need to look like you? I should just be average and then I will be ok? All men at 5'11" should look the same? I told him that my muscle mass was clearly much more than his, my wrist is clearly larger around than his leading towards a larger bone structure than him. **** we even wear almost the same pant size. He is a 34 and I am 36. I just dont get it.

Sorry for my venting. This really is my first time venting to the group. I think I am still just going to stick with my 200 lb goal and see what I am like when I get there.

Have a great day ALL!
You know your body and how you feel better than the Dr. I would go with what you want. Of course we all want to live the longest, but we also have to be happy and comfortable!

Last edited by mamabearone; 04-05-2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: delete email
Old 04-05-2011, 11:15 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 301/239/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Good morning friends,
I think I am getting past my *carb* cravings! Finally, it took me 3 weeks. I am going to keep plugging away. I wish I could lose weight as fast as I have gained it! All of you on here keep my spirits up and my will power going. Thanks. Everyone have a great day.....
It was difficult for me to get over those carb cravings also. You did it!!
Hang in there, you can do this. This is a wonderful support group!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:22 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 177/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi all
Tried the big Mac in a bowl last night-wow!! Delicious!

My husband asked me to make him one today-he thought it smelled great!

I think it was even better than the "original"!

Happy Tuesday!
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

JUICEMAN I think Drs, sometimes look at the BMI too closely, My son plays major junior hockey (which feeds the NHL), and their weight it checked daily, acording to the wheel of death he is overweight, lol. This is an someone who is watched very carefully to get the kids in the best shape as possible. Alot of times they dont consider other factors. So your bmi is right on the money, you dont exercise, eat fatty foods, I am not a dr, but I think that is alot worse then in your case. He should give you a lot of positive words, what you have done in turning your life around is amazing, not everyone is able to do that.

Last edited by locks; 04-05-2011 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:27 AM   #27  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Happy Tuesday

I have a question??? How is everyone doing with the April/speedo challenge? are you doing anything different? restricting your restricted items? I will know this Friday as I started week 8 on Friday April 1 and so I can basically be right on for the April challenge. Good luck everyone, and I am curious to know what if anything we are doing different?
Old 04-05-2011, 11:29 AM   #28  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Good Morning my fellow IP troopers! Here is to another 100% day. Seems like a lot of us are having stressful times in our lives, be it personal, emotional, work or family related. Stay focused and stay on protocol, I know it may be hard, but being overweight is hard on us too. Do this plan for yourself and yourself only. Compliments will come with time, people will notice. I am 60+ into this journey and some people are just now saying, wow you have lost weight. WE CAN DO THIS!

I had a dr. appt yesterday and they were amazed with my weightloss. I guess he did not think I would do this well with IP. I even told him that I no longer go to the clinic or use IP products. He was happy with everything I was doing. I then asked him what I should get down to, he when right to the spinny wheel of death, (that is what I call it). It is the BMI calculator for the average person. He again told me around 180#. He said I needed to get to a BMI of 25 or less to live the healthiest and longest. My goal was 200. 200 puts me at a BMI of 27-28 which still says overweight. He said I could do that but still threw in there that if I wanted to be healthy and live the longest I needed to be 25 or less. GRRRR

14 years ago I was an athelete, muscular and 13% body fat and I weighed 200+. I would cut weight to 189# for wrestling and then get back to 220's for football. I had to work extremely hard to maintain 189#'s. It was crazy hard to stay there. I do not see how I can comfortably maintain below 200#'s.

I want to be healthy and live the longest, but I just do not see another 40#'s on me that I have to lose. I was a bit frustrated with him. Him and I are close to the same height and we clearly have different body structure. I said so you are telling me that I need to look like you? I should just be average and then I will be ok? All men at 5'11" should look the same? I told him that my muscle mass was clearly much more than his, my wrist is clearly larger around than his leading towards a larger bone structure than him. **** we even wear almost the same pant size. He is a 34 and I am 36. I just dont get it.

Sorry for my venting. This really is my first time venting to the group. I think I am still just going to stick with my 200 lb goal and see what I am like when I get there.

Have a great day ALL!
I think BMI calculators are ridiculous. You get to the weight that you feel comfortable with. If you know that hanging out in the 180s doesn't work for you/your body type...then don't do it. You've done a phenomenal job...keep up the great work!

Day 3 of being sick. I skimped on veggies yesterday and might do the same today since I don't want to add more fuel to the fire. I did make pancakes out of my oatmeal packet and they came out great! I love having variety and I'm really happy at how well a lot of the recipes I've tried have come out.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday and I hope the weather is better where y'all are. It's miserably wet and rainy in CT today
Old 04-05-2011, 11:32 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 323/288/230

Height: 6' 2"

Quote:

Have a great day ALL!
I know how you feel - i'm 6'2 with a weight goal of 230-250. My goal is gonna be primarily on body fat % though which bmi doesn't factor. Personally I ignore the bmi reading and I'm just focused on body fat % and other healthy numbers like visceral fat, body water %, etc.

If you're gonna be under 15% body fat at 200 then I think that's a perfect goal. Congrats on the weight loss so far and my vote is to just go off your body fat % and ignore the bmi #'s.

Old 04-05-2011, 11:36 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 172/160/140

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
I'm still working my way through the tips for newbies thread. You guys are all so inspiring!
Is this tips for newbies doing IP? I can't find the thread you're talking about, but I'd love to see it.

Also, this is my first morning on IP. I made the mistake of having breakfast (a shake) way too early, and now I'm dying for lunch. As far as unlimited lettuce goes, am I allowed to have it any time of day, or does it have to be at lunchtime with my second packet and my veggies?

One more question....where is this Big Mac in a bowl I keep hearing about?

Thanks!
Closed Thread