Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:47 PM   #31  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

Happy Friday everyone! I'm down only 2 lbs. this week but I blame that on TOM so hopefully next week will be a better loss. I don't get too discouraged though because I look better and things fit better so 2 lbs is great in my book! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 04-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 267/253/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Ideal Protein Believer

I
I started IP 2 weeks ago and I have lost 15 pounds as of today at my WI. I am ubber excited!! I'm still learning and have made a few mistakes here and there just not knowing or remembering what foods to eat when. But, I think that I am going to do well on this plan and get to my goal of 130 pounds by the end of summer.
Happy dieting everyone!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 236/222/185

Height: 5'7

If *if* I can lose 2 pounds over the weekend (fingers crossed) I will have lost 20 in a month. I weigh in Monday. I'm so excited about it, I can't sleep. The scale doesn't lie, but I'm still amazed!
Old 04-01-2011, 05:56 PM   #34  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelbeliever View Post
Good Morning:
I have only been on the IP diet for 3 weeks. I have lost 14 lbs. But, have 65 more to go. I was such a carb freak and I miss PIZZA! I have to continue for my health and self-esteem! Congratulations to everyone!
Hey there 'Angel'! Congrats on your success, that's awesome! We're samers..I've lost 15lbs in two weeks!

As far the pizza goes, I hear you!! I am an addict. I'm going to try the IP Pizza using the IP crepes. (This wasn't the one I saw originally but this might be good, haven't tried it yet)

Pepperoni Pizza

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1 Crepe packet
Walden Farms Marinara
Turkey pepperoni

Mix Crepe with less water than usual, to form a thick batter. Spread onto parchment paper, and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Spread with WF Marinara, and top with pepperonis. Bake for an additional 5 minutes!

I've heard there's such a thing as veggie cheese but never seen it and don't know if it's allowed..

Have a great weekend on protocol! We can do this

Last edited by sugadiva; 04-01-2011 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #35  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
WOW--lots of lbs you said good bye to---well done!! As to the popcorn.....IDK about you, but movie is a true weakness of mine. Here are my thoughts on that---ok, you went off plan. You had a small . You didn't have a bucket with butter all over it AND nachos AND candy---it could have been far worse. No biggie.

#2 These are AWESOME opportunities for us step back, NOT JUDGE OURSELVES and examine what was going on for us at the time. What were your thoughts? There is a BIG difference between "I'm at the movies and MUST have popcorn"and "Ya know, it might cost me at weigh in, but I really want this, so I am going to have it". Not judging, but acknowledging the consequences is an excellent way to be loving to ourselves while we are on this journey!
Absolutely Tate! Thank you for the encouragement, it was a great chance to look at it and go....ok...this food plan is that... a food plan...I need to keep working on the mental/emotional side of things too because I could easily have gone off the deep end food wise, it took a lot of strength and was a big struggle even though I was so happy with my loss. Even when I get to 100lbs (my goal) I think I'll still struggle...so it was a chance to look at that realistically and be grateful for IP but also be aware that I still need to keep working on WHY I binge eat and why I let myself get to where I got to before I started this plan.
Old 04-01-2011, 06:12 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 283/241/133

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugadiva View Post
Hey there 'Angel'! Congrats on your success, that's awesome! We're samers..I've lost 15lbs in two weeks!

As far the pizza goes, I hear you!! I am an addict. I'm going to try the IP Pizza using the IP crepes. I'll look for the recipe for you and post it. I heard it's good and I'm willing to try anything to get that pizza fix!!

Have a great weekend on protocol! We can do this
Okay, pizza addicts - I tried one of the pizza recipes today and it was really good! Different, of course, but good.

I tweaked the crepe mix by adding basil, garlic powder, and onion powder.
I used pico de gallo, because I had made some fresh last week and need to use it (mostly red pepper, cucumber, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, lemon juice with a little tomato), for the 'sauce' and topped with fresh sliced mushrooms and turkey pepperoni. I also drizzled some WF Seafood Sauce over the top (because I forgot to do it sooner - had intended to use it on the crust). I made a *really* thick 'paste' with the crepe mix - I might add a little more water next time to thin it down some so it isn't quite so thick of a crust (it puffed up a bit while baking). I baked it using the parchment paper (to prevent sticking) for about 15 mins at 350. I then took it out, flipped it over, topped it, and put it back in the oven for about 5 mins. (Maybe less - it was getting late and I needed to get back to work.) I would probably let it cook at least 5-7 minutes the second go-round, if I had the time. It was really quite tasty! I thought I might miss the cheese, as I LOVE cheese, but I really enjoyed it. While it wasn't the pizza we are 'used' to, I can certainly see using it in the future as a 'pizza fix' with good results!

During maintenance, I could see adding cheese for a 'cheat' day!

Sherilyn
Old 04-01-2011, 06:20 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 159.9/156.3/135

Height: 5' 7"

Does anyone know where to find the Stir Fry using peanut butter recipe is? I have been searching for an hour. Thanks
Old 04-01-2011, 06:21 PM   #38  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I'm down only 2 lbs. this week but I blame that on TOM so hopefully next week will be a better loss. I don't get too discouraged though because I look better and things fit better so 2 lbs is great in my book! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
You are officially in the 18x's! Congratulations!
Old 04-01-2011, 06:36 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 159.9/156.3/135

Height: 5' 7"

I started IP 10 days ago and had a very rough start. Hated vegetables and was sick the first three days. However thanks very much to all the wonderful recipes and knowledge I got from this website, it has been pretty smooth since day 4. I found a recipe for vegetables that someone had put on here and it has made it much easier.

Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement from everyone. I know it makes a huge difference to me as a newbie.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: Weight loss goal 60 pounds

thank goodness it is friday! I am off to dinner with a friend of mine that I haven't seen since before I started IP (she also doesn't know I am on it) I'm REALLY hoping she notices the weight loss. I have had very few people notice which is sad becuase I have worked so hard! so hoping for some encouragement tonight!! We are going to Milestones I staked out the menu I'm going to have the lamb medallions with all veg and no potatos yum! I haven't had much but chicken and ground turkey/beef since I started this diet!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Congrats to all who had WIs today!! Lots to celebrate! I had WI #6 today. It was only 1 lb, my smallest loss so far, but I'm fine with it. Expecting next week to be better.

I was thinking today how I've crossed some kind of barrier in my thinking. At the beginning, I guess I was still fighting hopelessness, and deep down wondered if this would really work for ME, not just for everyone else. The numbers were everything at the beginning, but now I really know I'll get there, and while I'd rather it be sooner than later, I'm just not stressed about it.

Celebrated by buying myself one HOT pair of shoes!!!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:36 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Has anyone in Canada found MIO anywhere? So far, I've only checked Safeway, with no luck.
Old 04-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaya2081 View Post

This morning I am having the fine herb and cheese omelet. This is my favorite food so far! Have any of you microwaved the omelet to cook it? I travel a lot for work and would love to be able to bring this along and have it for breakfast.
Like others have said, the omelet is microwavable as long as you keep an eye on it. I often cut up veggies (asparagus is good) and pour the omelet over the veggies, and microwave it a minute at a time. It's a really satisfying lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
After some disappointment about not seeing any changes in how my clothes fit and such........

I AM WEARING JEANS I COULDN"T ZIP UP 3 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!

they are "stretchy and I have a minor muffin top thing going on (but only when I am sitting"). I am SO diggin' this!!!!
Good for you! Because I am tall, I have to lose quite a bit of weight to make a difference in my clothes. I have lost 25, and am still wearing most of the same clothes, they are looser and more comfortable, but not falling off me YET. I know it will keep getting better and better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom24boys View Post
Hi Everyone! I am starting IPD on Sunday and I'm so glad I found this forum! I'm going shopping today for my veggies for the week. Can't wait to get started, and hoping I get some of the fabulous results I'm reading about here.
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
For those who are new, by the 3rd week on IP I had to cut 1/2 of my blood pressure meds out! That may not sound like much but I had to take 9 RX pills a day to keep things under control. I had a heart attack at 53 yrs. Now I am down to 5 RXs a day and the doc wants me to stay alert and soon drop down to 4! That is amazing to me!
That is wonderful! Keep up the good work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Morning everyone! Just a quick, drive by post for now as I have a beautiful newborn coming into the studio for her first photos this morning (best job EVER!).

It's Friday morning which is WI morning for me and I just got home. I'm THRILLED to announce that week #6 weigh in shows another 5.4 lbs. gone forever!! For a grand total of 30.2 lbs. and 20.8 inches total in 6 weeks!!
It's hard to believe how many things have changed for me in 6 weeks but I feel amazing and I hope the newbies to the group will stick it out long enough to realize that this DOES work and it's a great feeling

Anywho, thanks for letting me share, will catch up later on!
Congrats 5.4 in one week is incredible, plus you hit the 30 lbs lost mark!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunbumblebee View Post
So I'm doing great on this program. I've lost 26.6 pounds in 2 months and have basically never cheated. I can actually visualize my goal weight in my head. The problem is that I've noticed that I've started taking an inventory of all the "bad foods" that I want to eat when this journey is over. This makes me panic because I do not want to gain this weight back.

Do any of you have these "bad thoughts"? I have a history of eating disorders and I'm afraid I will go on a major binge once this is all over with.
I have a list of what my cheats will be. I got the idea from someone on here. I try to be very selective about was goes on there, I have to crave it several times before it goes on the list. Plus I have taken things off this list, because what I craved at first, doesn't really sound that great anymore. Just like Laura (longdivision) and so many others have said, my tastes have changed. I didn't think it would happen, but it did!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Happy Friday everyone! I hope no one has been fooled so far on April Fools Day. I just got back from my WI and I am down -3 lbs this week. My total inches so far is 35.5 inches since January.

Looking forward to reading how everyone did today so far.

Enjoy your day!
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by louisianagirl View Post
I too LOVE carbs and bad carbs at that!! lol I miss the chips and pizza like crazy!! I had my 2nd WI and only lost 3 lbs...my coach was expecting alot more, I have not cheated on my diet.....anyway my coach wants me to go ahead and do the Nova Cleanse because I have had alot of problems with constipation....I hope this will help....So many ppl lose a big number of pounds each week, I wish I could !!!!!
Good job on the 3 lbs. BTW, Chips and Pizza are still number one on my cheat list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp8275 View Post
Congrats on the 2 lbs. Keep up the good work and the positive attitude that you have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4apark View Post
I started IP 10 days ago and had a very rough start. Hated vegetables and was sick the first three days. However thanks very much to all the wonderful recipes and knowledge I got from this website, it has been pretty smooth since day 4. I found a recipe for vegetables that someone had put on here and it has made it much easier.

Thank you for the wonderful words of encouragement from everyone. I know it makes a huge difference to me as a newbie.
Great job! Almost to two weeks!
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 228/228/150

Height: 5'1"

Default Thank You

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To read about the big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: IP Daily Chat - 31 March 2011
THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS STARTING THE DAILY THREAD, YOU ARE A CONSTANT THAT HELPS TO KEEP ME GOING! I HOPE LIFE IS KIND TO YOU, THANK YOU AGAIN. CAROL
Old 04-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #45  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinergirl View Post
Well...after thinking that everybody on here must be totally crazy! I managed to make the turnip fries that everybody raves about without gagging. They aren't crispy but the taste is sweeter without that nasty aftertaste. AND....I made the kale chips. For the life of me I was not able to imagine how this weed was gonna turn into a chip, but it shrunk up and was very crispy! Kinda like popping a crumpled peice of tissue paper in my mouth but the taste was pretty good! I have switched up from my typical stir fry veggies to oven roasting them and it is a nice change.

Another NSV...had two people ask me last night how I was losing so much weight. They said they didn't recognise me from the back.
re: kale chips

I have heard everyone here raving about them so I wanted to try this. I didn't even know what kale was (I wasn't familiar with the veggie section at the supermarket until IP) So I saw this curly leafy rabbit food and asked myself "this is kale?? how is this supposed to be a chip??"

I bought it. and my fiance asked me what I was making, and when I told him he looked confused.

We both LOVED them, and our 18 month old daughter gobbled them up so quickly! delicious!

My only problem is I feel robbed because they shrink SO much that 1 cup becomes like a small hand full.

That must have felt so good when they said that!
Closed Thread