Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 01:09 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
It did....I read that tip in my packet of information but was skeptical...thank you again!

So Im wondering if anyone else felt that the packets leave a little to be desired (taste wise) Do you get used to this? I had the cream of chicken soup for lunch yesterday and did not enjoy it at all I am hoping the food grows on me b/c I am in this for the long haul!
Hey there and welcome!! This program gets sooooo much easier as time goes on, the first week is the hardest so if you can get through that, you'll be good to go

As for the foods, the soups are the only ones I stay away from. I too tried the chicken soup and no matter how I doctored it up, I just couldn't do it. Since then, I've gotten a bit of everything BUT the soups and have been really enjoying everything! The RTD shakes are my fave, along with the omlette (with some hot sauce), the butterscotch pudding for a treat and I love the banana pineapple drink too. It will take some experimenting but you'll find stuff that you'll like and the recipes thread is fantastic!

Good luck and visit here often, these gals (and guys) are what's helped me get to 30 lbs gone in just 6 weeks!!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:16 PM   #137  
I have HOPE!

S/C/G: 290/254.5/170

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
So I went out for dinner last night with my bff that I haven't seen since before I started IP. I was really hoping she would notice the weight loss.....and nothing! if she did notice she didn't comment (which she is the type of person who would). Gah I know I am doing this diet for myself and how I feel but it sure would be nice if other people noticed once in a while (sure helps with motivation). I have only had one person notice the weight loss who didn't know I was on IP I guess its just not as noticeable as I think it is...which is fine I still lost the weight thats all that matters and I'm sure the next 30 lbs will be much more noticeable but still just feeling a bit let down........
Hang in there.....I am down a little over 20lbs and can barely see a difference but my family swears there is.....it is so dependant on your body type, the clothes you're wearing, your TOM etc....don't worry about how other people see you, see yourself changing and love it! Congrats on your awesome success and keep up the great work!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treena View Post
SV: WI #2, down another 4.8 pounds, that makes 10.8 in 2 weeks!!! And I lost another 4.5 inches!!! I got tears in my eyes when I saw the numbers!!!
That's such an awesome feeling isn't it? Congrats Treena (that's my best friend's name so you must be an awesome person!) I got tears in my eyes when I saw my starting number (290) in the IP office and then I got tears in my eyes when I saw 270 on the scale in just over 2 weeks....but for different reasons the second time! Keep it up and we will both be 'crying' tears of happiness soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleBell77 View Post
In just 7 weeks on this diet, I have lost 33 lbs. I have Never. repeat. NEVER been able to lose weight on any other diet I have ever tried. I went to Kohl's last night and truly did not know what size to even begin to try on. I have shopped plus sizes for the past 7 years of my life. I even stopped going to Lane Bryant because nothing ever fit right. I finally found that I am wearing a size Large, my first thing I always pick up is an XXL. It was such a surreal moment for me. I just stood there in complete confusion that this person in the mirror was me. To all the newbies out there, YOU can do this! Just do it and be amazed with the results. I love Ideal Protein!!!
Thank you for the inspiration!!! Congrats on your awesome success! I can't wait to get to the Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravis View Post
First question, any men here? Going into my 4th week started at 375 and was 342 at last weigh in. One valuable lesson learned, don't cheat. I ate something that I thought was ok but quickly learned that it wasn't. My body basically said, whoa! what are you putting in here. Felt terrible for 2 days. Don't get too creative with the recipes, but I will say the scallops from Market Day are delicious. I haven't asked my chiropractor yet, but when it says we can have 2 whole eggs, what does that mean?
I don't see a lot of men here but I'm doing the program with my dad. He's having great success! Just over 20lbs in 2.5 weeks! My cousin Couts71 is usually on the forum every day but he's away in NY this week. Keep checking back, you'll find great support from everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
Just had to tell someone about my week.
•7 weeks on program and 30 lbs lost!
•Someone who didn't know I was on IP, noticed my weight loss!!!
•I'm in ONE-DERLAND!!!
•5 lbs to 1/2 way mark!
•bought new, smaller jeans (14's)
•blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and heart palpations, ALL DOWN!!
•I can cross my legs!
•On the flight to Vegas I didn't ooze into the other seats!
HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY!
Thanks to you all for your MARVELOUS support! ~Lori
I'm smiling huge for you! What a great post to read!! Thank you and congratulations!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:19 PM   #138  
I have HOPE!

Quote:
Hola!!

Ok so first day down....yeah!! I went to bed and woke up with the worst headache, I hope this passes quickly! I have a 9 month old that needs his Mamma to be energetic and active and I am SO not feeling that way right now. Tell me it gets better??

Wishing you all a fabulous Sunday.....nice and sunny here, hope the sun is shining for you too!

CIAO
Hey there! My first few days were really tough too (major headaches...the salt/water drink helped a couple times but a couple times I just had suck it up...which I am horrible at by the way). I pushed through and feel so great now....keep going girl, you can do this!! Congrats on making the decision to change your future
Old 04-03-2011, 01:27 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 201.8/180.8/140

Height: 5'6

Default No Soup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontariophotogal View Post
Hey there and welcome!! This program gets sooooo much easier as time goes on, the first week is the hardest so if you can get through that, you'll be good to go

As for the foods, the soups are the only ones I stay away from. I too tried the chicken soup and no matter how I doctored it up, I just couldn't do it. Since then, I've gotten a bit of everything BUT the soups and have been really enjoying everything! The RTD shakes are my fave, along with the omlette (with some hot sauce), the butterscotch pudding for a treat and I love the banana pineapple drink too. It will take some experimenting but you'll find stuff that you'll like and the recipes thread is fantastic!

Good luck and visit here often, these gals (and guys) are what's helped me get to 30 lbs gone in just 6 weeks!!
I stay away from the soups too. They are horrible! They just don't taste right to me. My coach says she likes them but I can't stand the taste of any of them! The chicken is probably the WORST! The Mushroom isn't much better, the Tomato Basil and Leek are tolerable but I just get something else for lunch. Too bad the chili is restricted because that's my fav!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 01:30 PM   #140  
I have HOPE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettingItOff View Post
I stay away from the soups too. They are horrible! They just don't taste right to me. My coach says she likes them but I can't stand the taste of any of them! The chicken is probably the WORST! The Mushroom isn't much better, the Tomato Basil and Leek are tolerable but I just get something else for lunch. Too bad the chili is restricted because that's my fav!!!
Totally agree the soups are not great and I stay away too. I did find that when I cut up mushrooms really small and sauteed them in some chicken broth, spices and low sodium soy first and then added to them to the chicken soup it was more enjoyable...but for the most part I'm making other choices with the IP products too.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:57 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Just finished a serious closet clean-out. I now have a nice minimalist closet of clothes that actually fit. I Cleaned out hubby's clothes too and have a nice big pile for donation. Kidlet needs to ditch his 2T pants for longer ones, so we will all be donating clothes.
I also spent yesterday cleaning out my closet & pulling out summer clothes & sandals. (Yay for the sandals; I LOVE shoes & they always fit!)

I have so many sizes of clothes, most of which still don't fit, but some do. I didn't even pull out most of my summer clothes last year, it was just too depressing. I'm SO thankful this summer will be different. I LOVE IP!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:29 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 305/305/215

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post

Also wanted to say I felt that was heartfelt, kind, wise, and humorous advise you gave shetaz about her situation w/ work and husband. That was advise that can be applied to many people and many circumstances. You are very wise, and it moved me to see someone be so compassionate to another. Thank you and God bless you.

Wow--I am humbled and touched----

Wish I had time to respond to everyone but I spent the last 3 hours organizing my closet and stored clothes by size so that as I shrink I know where to find things (I have clothes ranging from 18/20- 26/28. Right now I have to take my youngest daughter out to buy shorts and capris for her. She needed shirts, too but I gave her the 14/16 ones I had in storage since it will be quite awhile til I get there anyway.

Congrats on all of the good stuff going on and I will pop in again soon!!
Old 04-03-2011, 02:40 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
I also spent yesterday cleaning out my closet & pulling out summer clothes & sandals. (Yay for the sandals; I LOVE shoes & they always fit!)
Isn't that the best feeling?? And as for sandals, I was THRILLED to find that some of the 30 lbs. I've lost must have been lost in my feet because I was able to fit in every pair I tried on the other day!!! That's HUGE for me because normally, I always had to go with the few they'd have in "W" sizes (wide) because my former FAT FEET wouldn't fit into anything else....it was a surprising result from all of this that I hadn't even thought of!
Old 04-03-2011, 03:40 PM   #144  
IP START: March 20th 2011

Height: 5'5''

today is my WI I am down another 2lbs!!! I am OKAY with that! I am down 16lbs in 2 weeks. My first week I lost a WHOPPING 14 lbs. I knew that this week would be less, and I am okay with that.

Hope you all are having an amazing weekend.
Old 04-03-2011, 03:50 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
It did....I read that tip in my packet of information but was skeptical...thank you again!

So Im wondering if anyone else felt that the packets leave a little to be desired (taste wise) Do you get used to this? I had the cream of chicken soup for lunch yesterday and did not enjoy it at all I am hoping the food grows on me b/c I am in this for the long haul!
Hey there! I am glad your headache went away. I start my 4th week tomorrow. The first three days were the worst for me (starting the evening of the first day). After that, it is all uphill and gets way better!

If you really aren't feeling well, my package suggested that you could add a second potassium supplement when you take them in the morning. I find that I feel good with 2 potassium, so I always take 2. Check with your coach if you think this may be something that you might want to try. If you read the bottle, it says to take 1 or 2.

As for the food, it does take some getting used to but it's not so bad. Here's what I have used:

- Cereal: a little powdery, so it needs constant stirring but I don't find it so bad and it has become one of my staple foods;
- Mushroom soup: I cook mushrooms on the side and add them in;
- Tomato basil soup: I add a capful of apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, sea salt, pepper and drink from a cup;
- Leek soup: I added onion, celery and leek and blended... not one of my favorites though...
- Omelet: too heavy for me to eat in the morning but I enjoy it with a salad for lunch;
- Chocolate pancake/muffin mix (restricted - limited to 1 per day): I made it into 2 mini muffins and I rather enjoyed it;
- RTD chocolate drink: my favorite evening snack;
- RTD vanilla drink: one of my favorite breakfasts - I also add some to coffee in the morning and it's fine (except for the sludge in the bottom of the cup) - my coach said it was not substantial enough for breakfast and that I would be hungry but I am fine... I do carry hard boiled egg whites to work just in case I get hungry (on my coach's advice - you might want to check with yours before doing any such thing) but I usually only need those in the late afternoon (if at all);
- Choco-raspberry bars (restricted - limited to 1 per day): Awesome!
- Salt & vinegar ridges (restricted - limited to 1 per day): Awesome!
- Apple cinamon soy puffs (restricted - limited to 1 per day): Awesome!
- Spaghetti bolognese (restricted - limited to 1 per day and no more than twice per week): I cook mushrooms first (just in a little olive oil), then I add the water and the spaghetti mix as per the instructions... I enjoy this!

I also like the Pure Protein bars, which according to what I read on this board are supposed to be similar to IP bars... (restricted - limited to 1 per day).

As you progress on the diet, your taste buds do change and I am already noticing this at this early stage.

Good luck to you! I think you will do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrinking Sandra View Post
today is my WI I am down another 2lbs!!! I am OKAY with that! I am down 16lbs in 2 weeks. My first week I lost a WHOPPING 14 lbs. I knew that this week would be less, and I am okay with that.

Hope you all are having an amazing weekend.
That is really excellent! Wow!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 04-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 05:48 PM   #146  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

so, I've decided that I'm finally ready to try out skinny jeans... I tried some on today and fit into size 4 Levi's! They were too long or I probably would have bought them. But size 4! No muffin top or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
- RTD vanilla drink: one of my favorite breakfasts - I also add some to coffee in the morning and it's fine (except for the sludge in the bottom of the cup) - my coach said it was not substantial enough for breakfast and that I would be hungry but I am fine...
I wonder why your coach would say that the RTD was not substantial enough for breakfast... It's a protein just like all the rest of the packets are! The vanilla RTD with 3 shots and SF almond flavoring is my FAVORITE daily breakfast at work...
Old 04-03-2011, 06:46 PM   #147  
IP Reboot 4/08/17

S/C/G: 258/169/145

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
so, I've decided that I'm finally ready to try out skinny jeans... I tried some on today and fit into size 4 Levi's! They were too long or I probably would have bought them. But size 4! No muffin top or anything...

size 4 skinny jeans!?!?!?! that is amazing and sooooo tiny! i'd say that i can't wait to get there, but i think size 4 will be way too small of a size for my body type. i'll stop around 8 or 6 because i'm tall and the ladies in my family (including myself) are tall and have big hips, so we look anorexic at that size. but congratulations!!! you looks absolutely fantastic!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 06:55 PM   #148  

Hi - went away for the first time on IP. I had WI#4 before I left and I had lost 16 lbs! Anyway, when I was away it was the craziest schedule ever. Every house we went to had bowls of candies out. The only thing I ate off protocol was 3 mini roast potatoes and about 8 Dorritos. Otherwise, I had veggies and chicken, canadian bacon and eggs (poached). I don't feel like I gained anything but I will be back on protocol tomorrow. People definitely notice the weight loss and my jeans are super loose. Oh I have lost a total of 9" too!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:19 PM   #149  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
so, I've decided that I'm finally ready to try out skinny jeans... I tried some on today and fit into size 4 Levi's! They were too long or I probably would have bought them. But size 4!
Congratulations. A true NSV. Are you going to swap to Phase 2 soon? I can't imagine shooting lower than a 4.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #150  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Mrs. D, you are my hero! Woo hoo!!! You have done an amazing job. Congrats.

Closed Thread