Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2011, 07:24 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 179/133.6/135

Height: 5'7"

[QUOTE=Mrs Diettrich;3789521]so, I've decided that I'm finally ready to try out skinny jeans... I tried some on today and fit into size 4 Levi's! They were too long or I probably would have bought them. But size 4! No muffin top or anything...

Size 4 & no muffin top - awesome!!! Of course, you know you will need to buy some now, along with some great, high heeled sandals to show off those skinny legs!
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 PM   #152  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Congratulations. A true NSV. Are you going to swap to Phase 2 soon? I can't imagine shooting lower than a 4.
I don't know... I want to be comfortably in a 4 before I phase off. I need to fit into some more 4s at other stores before I'll consider myself there! My plan is to stay on phase 1 for 5 more weeks, phase 2 for 2 weeks, phase 3 for 2 weeks and then hit maintenance at the beginning of June. I am headed to San Francisco in the middle of June and really want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying too much while I'm there. Originally I had planned on 130 as my goal weight, but seeing as I'm already in a 4-6 right now at 153, I just don't know that I need to hit 130, you know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueandwhite View Post
Size 4 & no muffin top - awesome!!! Of course, you know you will need to buy some now, along with some great, high heeled sandals to show off those skinny legs!
I'll go shopping for them next weekend. I need to find some that are shorter (I have short legs) - today was just to see how they would fit and look now!

Last edited by Mrs Diettrich; 04-03-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #153  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentlehyena View Post
Just had to tell someone about my week.
•7 weeks on program and 30 lbs lost!
•Someone who didn't know I was on IP, noticed my weight loss!!!
•I'm in ONE-DERLAND!!!
•5 lbs to 1/2 way mark!
•bought new, smaller jeans (14's)
•blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and heart palpations, ALL DOWN!!
•I can cross my legs!
•On the flight to Vegas I didn't ooze into the other seats!
HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY!
Thanks to you all for your MARVELOUS support! ~Lori
I love your list.
Keep up the good work

[QUOTE=Mrs Diettrich;3789521]so, I've decided that I'm finally ready to try out skinny jeans... I tried some on today and fit into size 4 Levi's! They were too long or I probably would have bought them. But size 4! No muffin top or anything...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I don't know... I want to be comfortably in a 4 before I phase off. I need to fit into some more 4s at other stores before I'll consider myself there! My plan is to stay on phase 1 for 5 more weeks, phase 2 for 2 weeks, phase 3 for 2 weeks and then hit maintenance at the beginning of June. I am headed to San Francisco in the middle of June and really want to be able to enjoy myself without worrying too much while I'm there. Originally I had planned on 130 as my goal weight, but seeing as I'm already in a 4-6 right now at 153, I just don't know that I need to hit 130, you know?

I'll go shopping for them next weekend. I need to find some that are shorter (I have short legs) - today was just to see how they would fit and look now!
Way to go Mrs D, you are an inspiration. I think now you are going to look great in those jeans. I am just a tiny bit jealous.... I have some jeans in a drawer since early 80's those are my... YEP you definately lost weight now take these things off and donate them.
Have a great night everyone. and congrats on all the sucesses over the weekend.

Oh before I forget, one of the newbies a while back was asking about peach tea. I have found some Arizona peach tea singles, that are 0 cal with splenda... it is delicious
also for blue and white, I haven't found mi0 yet but have found true lime/lemon/orange at a grocery peoples today.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #154  

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemissbutterflyz View Post
It did....I read that tip in my packet of information but was skeptical...thank you again!

So Im wondering if anyone else felt that the packets leave a little to be desired (taste wise) Do you get used to this? I had the cream of chicken soup for lunch yesterday and did not enjoy it at all I am hoping the food grows on me b/c I am in this for the long haul!
Hey! Your in Ajax and I'm in Oshawa! I hated the cream of chicken and pretty much all of the packets when I started (I'm in week 5). I actually didn't like the whole program but I've been off for 3 days eating just low carb and I'm actually eager to go back on it. I have a book of recipes in word format if you want it for Phase I. If you want to trade packets - we can do that too since your close. I actually bought the dark chocolate pudding and don't like it either. Keep it up - it does get better!
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #155  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Hi everyone! Grat to hear about all of the great weight loss for the week's WI and hang in there if it's coming off slowly.

I had WI#1 on Thursday, and lost 5.5lbs (TOM)! I was super happy with that, and I'm going to skip the restricteds for the next few weeks, hoping to boost that a little bit.

I have a question about snack. My coach said to make sure I still have my snack at night, and not to switch it up at all. I hear conflicting advice here, so just wondering if it slowed down your weight loss any to have it in the afternoon instead of at night. We eat supper at around 7:30, so it's tough to squeeze that last packet in afterward.

I skipped my night time snack for almost a week and it didn't affect my weight loss at all. Sometime instead of an IP packet for snack I have a Perfect Protein drink. It seems to me that if you are having a snack that is nutrient equivelent to IP that it shouldn't make a difference. I sometimes wonder if its just to get you to use more of their IP products.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:47 PM   #156  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
I skipped my night time snack for almost a week and it didn't affect my weight loss at all. Sometime instead of an IP packet for snack I have a Perfect Protein drink. It seems to me that if you are having a snack that is nutrient equivelent to IP that it shouldn't make a difference. I sometimes wonder if its just to get you to use more of their IP products.
I sometimes do the same thing (pure protein drink). I think the theory behind the snack is that you need something close to bed so that you aren't faint when you wake up. My dr asked me if I was ever dizzy. I said that i felt a little lightheaded sometimes when i first get out of bed, but that it seemed better if I had a snack the night before that was relatively high carb. He said that it was interesting that i had figured that out all by myself. Having salt first thing in the morning also helps.

I've also heard that some people lose more weight on phase 2, when you eat more real protein and fewer packets. I doubt that they want that getting out either...
Old 04-04-2011, 12:41 AM   #157  

S/C/G: 189/157/140

Height: 5"4

So i'm new to the forum officially but I have been checking it out for a few months now......I joined Ideal Protein for the first time right before christmas should have known better I had great results 20lbs in 1 month but then I had a week where I had 3 Christmas dinner parties to go to.... ended up cheating and diddnt go back on it......I joined again 5 weeks ago and this time I refuse to quit I cheated once at a work event last days off but I actually made good choices at Boston Pizza lime shrimp skewer with a dry salad wasnt that good but at least I made it through the social event without eating pizza and pasta!!

Now tonight Im back at work on nightshift and my whole work group every nightshift has a meal together.....last set was chinese food so I made myself a stirfry so I diddnt feel too bad.....This set is Pizza and wings needless to say I am not going to even go in the room cause I wont be able to watch them scarf it down.....I honestly feel like punching the first person who comes into my office eating a piece of pizza.... so hopefully they are considerate for once.

On a positive note I'm down 25lbs so far next weigh in will be wed but I dont know how its going to go I tend not to lose a big number when I'm on nightshift dont really know why I never cheat guess my body just wants to be asleep. I know it will show good next time though!

OH yeah I am a scale ho as well cant give it up.....I find it motivating and a control thing ......in life I know if I dont weigh myself I have a reason and its usually cause I cheated or gave up on the diet .....

I also reached a goal this week I finally made it back into my old work pants ..... a month ago I couldnt get them up over my thighs now Im sitting here wearing them.....huge sucess for me I was devistated when I got back from vacation last summer and I couldnt get them on.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:21 AM   #158  
Re-Start for the Last 20

S/C/G: 230/195/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate View Post
I have had a SUPER workin hard stressful week....then problem's with my son's school (he is 17 and has autism) and just a REALLLLY rough day. My usual response to this would be to go bowling (Fri nite league I am in) and drink several rum n diet Cokes. I was thinking about it late in the afternoon until the drive home from work......weighing the pors and cons....fighting with myself.

This is a BIG battle for me---honestly, until about 3 weeks ago I had at least a drink or two (or three) just about every nite---some people use food for comfort, I used booze. On my drive, I thought to myself...I know it will be fun for tonight, but how will I feel tomorrow....and at my weigh in on Thursday? I have been TOTALLY OP since I started almost 3 weeks ago----am I really ready to give that up???? Decided no....left off the booze. Rutabega "fries" are in the oven and I am going to have some pork roast since I haven't had dinner yet. Feelin pretty darn good about myself right now!!
TATE ~ you are amazing. So strong. Difficult situations, difficult temptations and you were able to rise above and see a bigger picture! WOW! Kudos girl! I think there is a daily struggle for each of us, in many different ways, and that's why we all come here.....to share those times and feel the love, so here's some love for you! WAY TO GO ~ GOD BLESS YOU!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:36 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 189/157/140

Height: 5"4

I have a question for the Canadians on here.......My sister and I are both on IP and my dad hearing the results we are having wants to join (and needs to very badly) The problem he's in Cape Breton Nova Scotia and I've been looking online and cant find a center there....I know he could order/we could send him the products but I think he really needs the accountability factor......does anyone know of a place in Cape Breton that does the program.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #160  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Arrow This Thread is now Closed

Please continue the conversation by placing all replies and new posts on today's thread: IP Daily Chat - Monday, 4 April 2011
Closed Thread