Old 03-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 158/137/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SusieB View Post
Happy Friday everyone!

Congratulations on those who had WI's and on the NSVs!

I know it hasn't been long but I have already noticed something missing from my life since being on IP: anxiety attacks, irritability, digestive problems and bouts of "depression" (I use quotations because any professional that I've seen says that it's not "depression", it's just "the blues" but I beg to differ). I am wondering if this will keep up? I am also wondering which is the culprit: refined sugar or gluten? I've had the blood test for celiac twice in the past and it came back negative but... wow! I feel like my old self again (before marriage and children and so on)!

It's denim day at work today and my jeans (size 15) were fitting a little loose around the waist and it made my stomach look puffy... so, I went out at lunchtime and I tried some on that were the same brand: I would have gone from a size 15 to a size 11!!! ...but I thought that the 11 looked a bit tight (although the salesgirl insisted they would stretch) and the price was $36, which is not bad but I decided to wait (the size 13 was loose and I don't want to pay too much for something I hope will be too big soon).

So, I went to another store and I found THE perfect pair of jeans for $19.99 (+ tax)! Size 13!!! I am so happy! I wear jeans every weekend and they are a bit tight but they look fantastic and I've already received comments from at least 2 different colleagues! For now, I will just wash in cold water and hang dry and if they become loose, I can wash in warmer water and throw them in the dryer!

I also bought nail polish! ...I haven't done that in a long time! This process is making me into a "girly girl" again! I actually care about "me". Today was about "me"... not my kids... not my husband... "me"!

I also picked up my next week's worth of IP groceries (week 3) and I am looking forward to trying the apple cinamon soy puffs and some restricted items (spaghetti, choco-raspberry bar). I am also looking forward to having salt and vinegar ridges again! I feel like I just made a "junk food" run! Of course, I will make sure to only have one (R) per day and to spread them out but I mostly like them for the weekends! ...but WI is on Monday at lunch time (mid-day with clothes), so I have to be careful!

I think I am going to get on the WII Fit Plus this weekend and see how that feels!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Isn't it great?? I also feel better - healthier - happier - and more energetic. I'm more hungry now than I was in the beginning but am learning that if I mix it up a bit it helps. Try crushing the salt and vinegar ridges (just a few) into the tomato basil soup. It's yummy. Congratulations on the jeans. Mine are literally falling off - I've never worn a belt in my life but will until I'm down one more size. I need smaller bras too - for me that's big! Well, ok - small. I love it - no more feeling like my boobs enter the room 10 minutes before I do. Woo Hoo
dunwitfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:59 PM   #62  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
My suggestion is to def make reservations at the restaurants you want to eat at. Also the menus are online so you can get an idea of what they have. I also loved the turkey legs for a quick snack during the day.
Hi I have a dumb question WDW related... Is Turkey Legs a big thing for everywhere in the southern states? or just at Disney? I saw them in California and at Florida... just kind of wondering, it was just odd to see.

2RIDEROLLERCOAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:21 PM   #63  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
The place to post progress photos is always in the open post of the daily chat thread:
Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.
Just start a new Thread. Scroll towards the bottom where it says Additional Options and click Manage Attachments.

thanks so much!
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:58 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 163/133/130

Height: 5'0

wannabsize8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 159.9/156.3/135

Height: 5' 7"

Hi, I just started IP on Tuesday and have been very sick to my stomach and having an extremely difficult time getting the veggies down. Does anyone have an idea to supplement if I can only get down 1 cup of veggies per meal?
4apark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:23 PM   #66  

Oh my goodness, what a coincidence...I just posted my tip regarding this exact thing on the thread "questions about veggies..."

Hopefully it helps you

Last edited by meowmisan; 03-25-2011 at 05:23 PM.
meowmisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #67  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susanmly View Post
Hey Amylew, what part of Iowa are you from. I'm down in SE Iowa in Burlington Cold and yucky here this morning also.
We are almost neighbors! I live outside of Wapello! Too funny.
iowahawkeyemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:42 PM   #68  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
That's great.....I'm hoping to get to Phase II before I head out for vaca in May.
You don't have far to go at all, you might even be close to phase 3 by the time you go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
Hi I have a dumb question WDW related... Is Turkey Legs a big thing for everywhere in the southern states? or just at Disney? I saw them in California and at Florida... just kind of wondering, it was just odd to see.

Honestly I have no idea, I think it is just cheap for them to make, easy moneymaker.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 05:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 248/239/160

Height: 5'6"

So many great SV & NSV - congratulations everyone!! I had my WI for week 7 today and was down a total of 30 lbs!!! Can't stop grinning!!! I am going to hit some thrift and consignment stores this week - nothing fits anymore!!!
Hope everyone has a great weekend!!
jd447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:10 PM   #70  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Well just got back from WI#18 and my second WI while on phase 2 and I lost-2.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -90.8 lbs what a great feeling. Keep up all the hard work you all are doing and lets all finish this weight loss marathon we are running you can all do this. I believe in all of you IP Champions.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #71  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunwitfat View Post
Isn't it great?? I also feel better - healthier - happier - and more energetic. I'm more hungry now than I was in the beginning but am learning that if I mix it up a bit it helps. Try crushing the salt and vinegar ridges (just a few) into the tomato basil soup. It's yummy. Congratulations on the jeans. Mine are literally falling off - I've never worn a belt in my life but will until I'm down one more size. I need smaller bras too - for me that's big! Well, ok - small. I love it - no more feeling like my boobs enter the room 10 minutes before I do. Woo Hoo
Thanks for the laugh... My jeans are falling off too. I need to get a few things to transition, but since I plan to go through at least one more size, I will be headed to consignment store. Haven't needed new bras yet, but I'm sure that is coming too. I've had several people at work notice my weight loss, including people who didn't know I was in a diet. That keeps the motivation up too!

Here's to boobs that arrive in the room with the rest of us!
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 06:34 PM   #72  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well just got back from WI#18 and my second WI while on phase 2 and I lost-2.4 lbs for a total weight loss of -90.8 lbs what a great feeling. Keep up all the hard work you all are doing and lets all finish this weight loss marathon we are running you can all do this. I believe in all of you IP Champions.
You are an incredible inspiration to all of us. I know we say it all the time, but I needed to say it again. When I get down I look back at what you (and other seasoned IPers) have done and it helps me keep going.

Thanks for continuing to remind us that it isn't a sprint (even if we want it to be).
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Good for you! You have done an amazing job!!
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:38 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Thanks for the laugh... My jeans are falling off too. I need to get a few things to transition, but since I plan to go through at least one more size, I will be headed to consignment store. Haven't needed new bras yet, but I'm sure that is coming too. I've had several people at work notice my weight loss, including people who didn't know I was in a diet. That keeps the motivation up too!

Here's to boobs that arrive in the room with the rest of us!
Girls, that is too funny. So far the ONLY clothing I am having problems with being too big are my bras. And I didn't have a lot to begin with! I guess we all lose differently.
brandam6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 07:59 PM   #75  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandam6 View Post
Girls, that is too funny. So far the ONLY clothing I am having problems with being too big are my bras. And I didn't have a lot to begin with! I guess we all lose differently.
ROFL, I'm in the same boat as you are!!!! Hate it when the coach measures me and I lose more inches in the chest than everywhere else!!!
SJackson is offline   Reply With Quote