Old 03-26-2011, 11:13 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 220/220/120

Height: 5'3"

I have something kind of funny to say. Well at the time it was not even close to funny. As I was getting dressed this morning I asked my DH if I looked ok. My pants are all super baggy and so are my shirts and sweaters. He said "Yes, sweetness you look beautiful as always." So out i went to the store and to meet my sister. I ran into a old co-worker and the first question out of her mouth was, "Are you preggo?". So in the back of my mind I am fuming. Thinking that b****, how can just say something like that. I then met my sister and told her what happened. She said, "Well you kind of look like your hiding something with clothes that baggy". We went shopping & got new pants & shirts and went home and yelled at my DH for letting walk out the door like that. His response, " I didn't think you looked bad just thought you wanted to wear baggy clothes."

I learned try not to wear pants that are 4 sizes to big and big shirts are not attactive they make you look preggo. LOL!

I love going from a 18 to a 14 but man this is going to cost some major money for new clothes!!
Jaclyn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:27 PM   #137  

Susy B, I'm so sorry to hear about your father in law. My mother was in palliative care only for one day before she passed on. My sister went to see her around 11:00 pm and she passed away while she was reading to her. It was such a comfort to know she didn't pass on alone. I know what a stressful and sad time it can be and my thoughts are with you.
2manysizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrean View Post
good for you with the eating out! I've found its not as hard as I thought it would be most places are able to subsitute and make changes as you need it. Whats really hard is going over to ppls houses for dinner!
Also Red Peppers are not restricted anymore...on the new protocal sheet it says you can have bell peppers all types
Yay! So happy to hear about the red peppers! Does that also include eggplant and tomatoes to be non-restricted? I never really understood the restricted items. I have never had more than 2 cups of tomatoes or eggplant a week since I started.

I have started buying alternative proteins for shakes. There are some good ones out there that are less money and equal in nutrition and carbs. Also, since I don't have any of the "restricted" I make my food more flavourful by adding very low carb/sodium cooking sauces. I just bought an Asian ginger one which was delicious. I'm a bit worried about all the chemicals in the foods and I want to get back to eating healthy whole foods as soon as possible. I bought some Atkins Vanilla Shakes and use them to top up my chai tea. Delicious! I also found a low-carb (4g) microwave chili which was a real treat. IP says their chili is 10g carbs so I thought it was a good trade-off. I went shopping at Low-Carb Canada and they had all kinds of goodies.
2manysizes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:20 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

SUSIEB.....Sorry to hear about your father in law...my thoughts are with you and your family.
Maggiemagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 12:59 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Hey everyone, just a quick check in here for me with a quick question....could somebody please re-post the salt water flush recipe? Still having big time issues with the big C and finally want to try this...thanks in advance
ontariophotogal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:19 AM   #141  
Kathy

S/C/G: 165/120/120

Height: 5' 1"

I know somone earlier asked about soy sauce and I wanted to let them know I use tamari (gluten free) sauce instead of soy sauce it's lower in carbs with the same flavor. If you are going to use soy sauce I would recommend the low sodium version and only one serving which is typically a tablespoon.
Alaskaipjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:21 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post

Please Read This
EVERYONE ELSE from one who knows DO NOT keep the clothes you shrink out of! It makes it easier to go back to the old ways and the bad eating habits! I am just back from a break in which for some reason I beleived I deserved to eat, well whatever I wanted all the salty, all the sweet, all the whatever! Well I started to notice my pants were getting uncomfortable, tighter and such. I am in size 8's and have gotten rid of everything bigger than that, thank goodness. It woke me up! I have nothing to wear everything is to tight WTF! I say to myself "Peggy what are you doing! Wake up!"
So I did and here I am on day 4 and my 8's are starting to fit again and I can't wait to shop for the 6's!
Pegsi- welcome back! great advice about the clothes. i'm starting to think alot about life after IP. been down the gain it all back road before, don't want to travel it twice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Ok so speaking of clothes, I have 6 bags packed and ready for the goodwill, on my way to drop them off right now. When I was done with my bagging, I noticed the only work pants I have to wear are the 3 that I bought at the goodwill last weekend (they are 10's and loose)....Holly Crap!!!! How am I going to work all week and go to a business conference all next weekend with 3 pairs of pants. Well I'm on my way out to find some bargains....wish me luck!!!

I will also NOT be keeping ANYTHING in a bigger size then I need because I will NEVER be that size again!!!!!

What a wonderful problem to have
maggie- have you tried JC penney? i always am able to get nice slacks there for work. usually around $15 with whatever sale they have going on. we are about in the same boat with clothes and size right now...i have brown and black. i wore my grey thursday and they went in the goodwill box as soon as i got home. waiting for another good coupon and i'll go back for another color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calival View Post
My sympathies are with you, I lost my mom and dad several years ago, three days apart from illness. Blessings, and have another cup of tea!! i love wine, but I find that when i am stressed, a good cup of tea in a pretty china cup does wonders.
susie- sounds awful.... do try the hot cup of tea. decaf of course.... i stopped drinking when i started ip in january, and have found that the making tea routine is my go-to activity now when i feel like i "need" to drink. very calming somehow...and it keeps my hands busy playing with the tea bag and forces me to breathe as i have to sip it slowly because of the heat. kind regards to you and yours in this stressful time.
rondar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 02:51 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaclyn06 View Post
OK I have a question. I am a total coffee creamer person. I love all the Coffeemate flavors with my coffee. Now that I have been doing IP I have been using skim milk. Well today at the store I found a hazelnut creamer made from coconut milk it is gulten free. There are 0 fat, 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, 0 sugars, 0 protein. Would this be OK to add to my coffee in the morning?
Oh Jaclyn I can sympathize, I am a total coffeemate addict and I am sorry to say that it is poison! Its a metabolic killer, and I LOVE it. But even a little will destroy your losses, I know this from experience. (Boo Hoo) I always thought coconut milk anything was very fattening so I don't know about that. I use Atkins vanilla RTD (you can buy it at walmart) and the splenda flavours for coffee. You can get mocha, french vanilla, hazelnut, and I think caramel, they also used to make cinnimon spice but I haven't seen that for awhile! Also find a good decaf because you will have to drown yourself with water if you drink to much caffine! Only 1 free caffinated coffee per day!
Pegsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:12 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 206/192/150

Height: 5'9"

Hi - I am new to IP and have voraciously reading these boards - they are so helpful!

Two questions:

1. I thought I read somewhere that week 2 is a bummer when it comes to WI. Have many of you experienced that? I am a total scale whore and although my second weigh in us not until Tuesday, I have only lost 1.5lb and thought for sure I'd lose at least 3 this time.

2. Can we have lemon juice? I know it's a fruit, but I thought I read about people having it. Had some on a kale salad with olive oil last night and it was delish. Yes, Kale salad. You sort of massage the leaves with your hands and the oil, sea salt and lemon juice. A friend that eats nothing but raw food turned me on to it. Serve with something like radishes or red onions - tasty!
hotmama72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:38 AM   #145  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Well I finally did it. I posted my progress pics so far. It was such a hard thing for me to do but got the guts to do from most of you with your progress pictures.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. Enjoy your Sunday!
Beachbella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 07:44 AM   #146  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Well I finally did it. I posted my progress pics so far. It was such a hard thing for me to do but got the guts to do from most of you with your progress pictures.

Great work so far! Keep it up!
juiceman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:43 AM   #147  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

So, i hosted my cooking club last night and stayed completely on program. I think i even discovred a recipe that I can adapt. While they had appetizers, I was getting the grill ready for the chicken. Not ven tempted. I had my water in a lovely wine glass so that I didn't feel deprived as they had red wine. When they served soup, I had a nice mixed green salad with WF dressing.

I roasted some fennel and turnips and one person brought asparagus, so my veggies were all set. I served a lovely grilled chicken with Herbes de Provence and everyone loved it. Some ladies tried my roasted veggies, and I got a "the fennel is amazing!" comment... When they had dessert, I ate my raspberry jelly.

The soup was a zucchini soup from cooking light. I plan to adapt it as follows to make it IP friendly: Leave out the onion, replace with garlic, and add powdered onion. Leave out bread, of course.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...10000001049332

I was inundated with questions about the diet, and knew most of the answers thanks to this forum. So, thank you all for sharing wisdom. I also loved all the positive comments on my loss so far. I see them again in about a month, so I'm excited to take my "own food" to someone else's house next month and show off another great month of progress.

Last edited by Pxlkitty4; 03-27-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 AM   #148  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 206/167/150

Height: 5'8"

I get to go to my friend's daughter's 1st birthday party today. She is having it catered by a local baker/pastry company. Yep...awesome. I'm going to hang out with my cup of tea in the corner lol.
sp8275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:20 AM   #149  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
I know somone earlier asked about soy sauce and I wanted to let them know I use tamari (gluten free) sauce instead of soy sauce it's lower in carbs with the same flavor. If you are going to use soy sauce I would recommend the low sodium version and only one serving which is typically a tablespoon.
Ooooh! Thanks! I will buy some tamari today!! PS: glad you had a wonderful time at Disney!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post

Wow!! What a difference!! You must feel fantastic because you look fantastic!! Way to go!!
disgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #150  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Sunday morning...

Thank you everyone for the kind thoughts.

My Father-in-law is still hanging on and I have not cheated. I even did the 30-Day Shred (Jillian Michaels) this monring (level 1). It was brutal but felt good!

One day at a time.

Wishing everyone a terrific OP Sunday. It's a beautiful, sunny day here.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote