Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thursday, 10 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Wednesday, 9 March 2011
Old 03-10-2011, 06:52 AM   #2  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Probably will not be on the board today as I am home taking care of my 2 oldest daughters. My 4 mo old son was put into the hospital yesterday with RSV. Mommy is staying with him. He will be ok, just a bit scary. I hate seeing my little man hurting and in the hospital.

WI #9 this am and down 2.8#'s. Little low but I will take it. Feeling great and lets all keep pushing ourselves the finish line. Whatever pace we "run" it only matters that we finish the race. Have a great day!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #3  

Default Miracle Noodles

Good Morning everyone!
Today was the first time that I've heard of miracle noodles. Are these allowed on phase 1? Thanks a bunch and I hope that you all have a great day.
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. Probably will not be on the board today as I am home taking care of my 2 oldest daughters. My 4 mo old son was put into the hospital yesterday with RSV. Mommy is staying with him. He will be ok, just a bit scary. I hate seeing my little man hurting and in the hospital.

WI #9 this am and down 2.8#'s. Little low but I will take it. Feeling great and lets all keep pushing ourselves the finish line. Whatever pace we "run" it only matters that we finish the race. Have a great day!
There's nothing worse than seeing your little ones not feeling well. I hope he gets well soon!
Old 03-10-2011, 07:41 AM   #5  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
YAY!! I'm so excited. My BMI is 24.9 I am "normal" well most people who know won't believe that one haha but I am not longer "overweight" by the BMI chart. And yes I know it is just a number but I"m excited anyway!
Have a great tomorrow.
You should be excited! Congrats on your achievement! It may just be a number, but we have to measure our successes somehow! Nice job LadyV!
Old 03-10-2011, 08:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Ideal Protein is amazing...the first week yes many of you experience is tuff..because your adjusting..but learn the first week..because it gets better...you learn you get excited..you start coming up with ideas..have fun with it..and everyones family can eat the basic foods you're eating..they don't have to have the bad stuff either..teach them to be healthy too...
I'm 12 lbs away from my red swimsuit..and in size 12's.. I feel marvelous and I'm very happy...some days I want to fight pidgeons for crumbs..but its not forever and its for me...me me me me..when I'm frustrated I go buy a pair of goofy..really goofy fun socks...they make me laugh...hugs to all today...
Lets get er done...

Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:

Oh no! Hope your little man is feeling better soon Congrats on another loss though, it may be small but you're plugging away and just look at that number on your ticker...amazing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoGirl View Post
Ideal Protein is amazing...the first week yes many of you experience is tuff..because your adjusting..but learn the first week..because it gets better...you learn you get excited..you start coming up with ideas..have fun with it..and everyones family can eat the basic foods you're eating..they don't have to have the bad stuff either..teach them to be healthy too...
I'm 12 lbs away from my red swimsuit..and in size 12's.. I feel marvelous and I'm very happy...some days I want to fight pidgeons for crumbs..but its not forever and its for me...me me me me..when I'm frustrated I go buy a pair of goofy..really goofy fun socks...they make me laugh...hugs to all today...
Lets get er done...

LOVE this Thanks for the early morning smile about the socks, too cute!

Weigh in number 3 tomorrow, according to my scale I'm doing well but it's not official unless it's on my coaches' scale. Still dealing a bit with the big C so hoping to "get things moving" before tomorrow.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Hugs,
Stacy

Last edited by ontariophotogal; 03-10-2011 at 08:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #8  
start IP Feb 8 2011

S/C/G: 241/146.6/141

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Lets get er done...

Good morning Judo Girl.... I am keeping an eye on your progress as I have basically the same goal as you and same starting point. I am looking forward to when I too can fit into a size 12 and be excited. It has been a loooong time I can't even ever remember wearing a 12.

Have a wonderful day everyone. It will be WI #4 for me tonight I hope to hit the 20lb lost today, and I don't ever want to find them again...
Old 03-10-2011, 09:12 AM   #9  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
My 4 mo old son was put into the hospital yesterday with RSV. Mommy is staying with him. He will be ok, just a bit scary. I hate seeing my little man hurting and in the hospital.
Juiceman, I hope he recovers quickly, and thank goodness it was caught before getting even worse. Poor baby.

Amanda, micracle noodles are not technically ok for phase 1, but ask your coach. Some have them kind of as their one/two-carb-extra. Personal decision, again. As to their taste...some people love them. I hate them, they don't taste like noodles or feel like noodles and they just made me want real noodles. Be careful what sauce you put on them!

Stacy, try Carla's suggestion from a few days ago about the salt flush! I did and I'm moving moving moving! A little TMI... Here is the link to the salt water flush information. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/3744761-post559.html

Judy, I love your energy and the sock trick! Thanks for being so upbeat!

As far as the discussion yesterday on stress and weight gain, here are a couple of articles on the effects:
http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalfatigue/default.aspx
http://www.womentowomen.com/adrenalf...eightgain.aspx

AFM: The twins SLEPT last night from 9-7:15. I feel about a thousand times better today, so WHY am I so "snacky"? Eggs are boiling for the whites, and hopefully I'll be over it by the time they're done, but if not, they're there.

2 NSV's for me this morning...(1) My son didn't finish his breakfast, and I kept eyeing (sp?) it. I picked it up, and told myself "If I can throw this away, I can stay OP today." It is in the trash. I don't care how snacky I am. I won't eat something out of the trash. (2) My mom and I see the same stylist, and I had my hair done Tuesday, she had hers, coincidentally, Wednesday. She told me that he was absolutely raving about how good I look, how much better condition my skin and hair is in (really?), and how much happier I seem; she told me it's like watching the weight fall off and my (loud, funny, sometimes slightly obnoxious) real personality come back, and that I'm not "hiding" anymore.

Last edited by Joliebug82; 03-10-2011 at 09:18 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:18 AM   #10  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
You should be excited! Congrats on your achievement! It may just be a number, but we have to measure our successes somehow! Nice job LadyV!
Great Job Kim....you are now my inspiration...25 BMI here I come! (hopefully by next Christmas...as I will phase off to maintenance for summer and tackle the last 10 or so next fall).

Quote:
Lets get er done...

Alright lady...we worked this together all fall...let's get this done. I am with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
Juiceman, I hope he recovers quickly, and thank goodness it was caught before getting even worse. Poor baby.

AFM: The twins SLEPT last night from 9-7:15. I feel about a thousand times better today, so WHY am I so "snacky"? Eggs are boiling for the whites, and hopefully I'll be over it by the time they're done, but if not, they're there.

So happy the babies slept for you.

2 NSV's for me this morning...(1) My son didn't finish his breakfast, and I kept eyeing (sp?) it. I picked it up, and told myself "If I can throw this away, I can stay OP today." It is in the trash. I don't care how snacky I am. I won't eat something out of the trash. (2) My mom and I see the same stylist, and I had my hair done Tuesday, she had hers, coincidentally, Wednesday. She told me that he was absolutely raving about how good I look, how much better condition my skin and hair is in (really?), and how much happier I seem; she told me it's like watching the weight fall off and my (loud, funny, sometimes slightly obnoxious) real personality come back, and that I'm not "hiding" anymore.

Stay strong. YOu are doing great. It is so hard....but in the words of a great man (my hubby)...this is a life change so it is a marathon not a race...we will have good times and challenging times....good days and challenging days...but it is the overall recovery after the bad times that really show us how we have changed and learned and grown. How is that weather down south? Another day off from work...6 more inches of snow...the snow is almost up to my roof.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:34 AM   #11  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Darbs, wow. Do you want to come move in with me? It's actually getting down into the low 40's tonight, but all the bad storms have moved on, thankfully. This weekend will be in the mid-70's! I saw you live near Lake George, and I have to say I just LOVE it up there, even if it is cold and snowy. I worked in Upstate NY (Raquette Lake) for a summer, and it was probably the best, most fun summer of my life! I was, get ready for a giggle, a lifeguard and comptetivite swim teacher...swimming comptetitively myself, portaging canoes on week-long adventure hikes, kayaking, white water rafting, water-skiing, wakeboarding...well, I'd like to get back to all that and teach my kids, too! Next year at goal, you come here and we'll do Mardi Gras up right and then I'll come there and party it up on Lake George.

This is from yesterday's chat from a newbie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liltex3 View Post
I am new to IP. I am in my 4th week and down 14 pounds. Very excited about this.
My coach told me that I could only eat one high carb meal a day. So, I have been eating my chocolate bar in the morning and it is 12 grams of carbs. Well, I was looking at the oatmeal and shake and combined they are 13 grams of carbs. If the combined carbs is only 1 gram higher could I not do both of those? Oatmeal in the morning and shake for lunch? Does anyone have the answer to this?
The shake isn't considered a high-carb meal. You could have the oatmeal or bar for breakfast and the shake (plus veggies! and water!) for lunch, and another shake, drink, pudding, jello, soup, or omlette for a snack. You are only allowed one restricted a day, oatmeal and bars are restricted, as are puffs, crisps, cheese curls (my fave, I don't keep them in the house!), and pancakes/crepes. Congratulations on your great loss in 4 weeks! and WELCOME!
Old 03-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #12  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewels09 View Post
Off the subject, but, I was looking at your progress photos. I love the change!! I'm working on getting into a wedding dress right now, I haven't started looking yet, want to lose more weight first, but need one by August for my wedding. You look gorgeous in your dress, just wanted to say
Thanks Jewels...my nickname too! I am nervous because I ordered my dress a size smaller but I really have not lost a dress size yet. Through this whole IP journey, I have lost over 60 lbs, but only 3 dress sizes. I know I have time, but I worry either I will not lose another dress size, or I will lose too much.....and those dresses aren't cheap!

You had better start thinking about purchasing one....they can take a long time to come in! Congrats on your big day! Mine is August 6th....when is yours???
Old 03-10-2011, 10:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Good morning everyone!
NSV: Yesterday there was a dinner at my friend place, I told her I would arrive after the dinner. (She is a chef, LOTS of Carbs everywhere, sugar, fat.. soo good, but not for me for now). So I arrived at 7:30 to enjoy the rest of the evening with my friends.. and they just started to eat. And then for dessert it was a big plate of all different cakes, cupcakes.. I said No thank you to everything!!

I have to thank my big protein dinner and my chocolate pudding for me being strong, and I had a great time with my friends!

Funny to see my friends all bloated after the meal, that's the thing I don't ever want to feel again.

Have a grat OP day!!
Old 03-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #14  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

I too am a social worker (child protection though) I feel you it is SUPER stressful a lot more days than it is not. Stress makes it so tempting to eat whatever. I have noticed this a lot at my job that people use food as a coping mechanism to deal with the stress of the job (as a result I work with some very overweight people).
Good for you for recognizing that you needed to be held accountable though thats a good sign! you are doing awesome keep up the good work!

Adrean,
I work for child protection services as well (I am just assigned to our Family Drug Court. I agree with you that I see my co workers using food to cope as well and I must admit I have been guilty of it myself. Thanks for the support and understanding.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 164.6/138.5/135

Quote:
I really hope your little boy will be better.. I have a positive tought for him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnamaj View Post
Good Morning everyone!
Today was the first time that I've heard of miracle noodles. Are these allowed on phase 1? Thanks a bunch and I hope that you all have a great day.
I reallly really tought I could use this in phase I since it's 0/0/0 for me I use it once a week.
Closed Thread