Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 06:18 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Wednesday, 9 March 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what you missed yesterday: Tuesday, 8 March 2011
Old 03-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #2  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good morning everyone:

A few people asked about the Novi Cleanse I am on that was given to me by my Coach. I copied the paperwork that I was given when I bought the cleanse onto the "Newbie" sticky. It was a 2 page description, guideline, etc. for the cleanse. Hope it helps with any questions everyone has.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:35 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Deew: I was a diet mt dew junkie, 12 pack a day. While the caffeine withdrawals subsided after the 3rd day or so, It was about a week before I stopped obsessing over it so much. People told me that I would no longer want it after being on the plan for a while. It's been 4 weeks, and I am not quite there yet, I no longer mourn over it in the grocery store.

Slickmouse & Figgypudding& ShowirlAZ: While I am not menopausal at all, I can relate to all of that. I am hypothyroid as well, and that may be my problem who knows. But it seemed that for me, diets and exercise would work for about a month or so, then nothing, no matter how hard I tried. Now that I've been doing IP for about a month, I see my weight loss slowing, and I have to admit, It's really got me worried. But I am going to stick with it! I try to look at it like a 401k, you don't change your investments and give up after a couple of bad weeks, it's the results over the long run that are important!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:14 AM   #4  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Good morning everyone:

A few people asked about the Novi Cleanse I am on that was given to me by my Coach. I copied the paperwork that I was given when I bought the cleanse onto the "Newbie" sticky. It was a 2 page description, guideline, etc. for the cleanse. Hope it helps with any questions everyone has.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today.
You rock!

Where is everyone???

Well, good morning, another wet day here in South Louisiana, and so ready for our springtime to be back. Today is Ash Wednesday, and so begins the start of Lent. I'm doing my own 40-day challenge during this time, and while my family and friends are giving things up, I'm making sure I add all the right things! All the veggies, supplements (how I hate taking pills!), and 120 oz. of high-quality H20 a day. Still pretty excited for my loss yesterday, and the fact that my coaches were BOTH in office, took lots of time to address all my questions, and had just gotten a shipment of food in. "See" ya'll in a bit!
Old 03-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #5  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
You rock!

Where is everyone???

Well, good morning, another wet day here in South Louisiana, and so ready for our springtime to be back. Today is Ash Wednesday, and so begins the start of Lent. I'm doing my own 40-day challenge during this time, and while my family and friends are giving things up, I'm making sure I add all the right things! All the veggies, supplements (how I hate taking pills!), and 120 oz. of high-quality H20 a day. Still pretty excited for my loss yesterday, and the fact that my coaches were BOTH in office, took lots of time to address all my questions, and had just gotten a shipment of food in. "See" ya'll in a bit!

Hope you were able to get some rest from your children being up all the time. We were spoiled with our now 5 year old sleeping throught the night at a very early age. Our next daughter who is 15 months, wakes constantly through the night, many times we do let her cry it out. Our newest addition, our boy 4 months old had started to sleep throught the night, but for the last month he wakes about every 2 hours or more, not hungry, just takes going in his room putting his pacifier back in and rub his head. Exhausting for mom and dad. The 15 mo old wakes almost every day between 5-6 am, no matter the time she is put to bed. I feel your pain and I know my wife does.

Good choices for Lent. Not sure what more I could give up for Lent with all the items I have given up already. Not trying to sound selfish, but this protocol will serve as my Lent "giving up" of something.

Keep up the good work and hope you can get some rest.
Old 03-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #6  
Loving the Sleeved Life

Thanks, Juiceman. I know y'all feel the pain...let's hope it gets better for all of us! I did give in last night and slept in the rocking chair...le sigh. Oh well.

Anyone else having ticker issues? Mine won't let me change just the number anymore, and I have to start completely over. I think the ticker may just fall by the wayside if that's how it is.

Last edited by Joliebug82; 03-09-2011 at 09:49 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 10:11 AM   #7  

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning All...

Very good morning for me! When I first started IP I went through all my old jeans and put them in order of size. I'm happy to announce the first old pair fit perfectly this morning!! Last week I couldn't get them on!!

Did I mention that I love this diet!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 10:57 AM   #8  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Morning all....maybe TMI.....BUT, I take a b-12 every morning along with my cal-mag, omega, etc......I had to go do a urine test for work yesterday morning....and I couldn't help but laugh to myself....talk about neon yellow! Wondered what the nurse thought of my sample! I'm sure she was thinking that I don't get enough water.....HA! If she could only see the 100 oz jug I carry with me to work every day!

Have a great IP day......no sweat over the drug test....unless the handful of pills I pop every day count!!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #9  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Oh yeah....I'm not Catholic, but, really, I don't think giving up a food item for Lent is smart for IP folks......we have already cut everything! I would think you Catholic folks would cut tangible items.....that is my thought! My fiance and I were discussing that last night at supper......sorry, random thoughts!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:00 AM   #10  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Hey everyone. Had my weigh in this morning and I am sad to report a gain of 1lb. I have no idea how this is happening, I am doing everything correct my body just hates me right now I guess. It continues to be frustrating and even more so knowing that my birthday is next week and I am NOT loosing. Still undecided at this time about staing on plan for that one day, I have mixed feelings about it now that I am gaining instead of loosing. O'well.
I am going to just remain OP until monday and decide then.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #11  
started IP 1.11.11

S/C/G: 242/209/175

Height: 5'7"

Jolie, I feel your pain. We took the paci cold turkey from my son last Friday night and it's been h*ll ever since. The night before last he was awake 1am-5am. Made for a tired mama! Last night was his catch up I guess b/c he slept 9pm-9am. Thank goodness! Hopefully tonight is more peaceful for you.

I just wanted to publicly confess my love for vanilla RTD mixed with coffee. It's something I look forward to every morning. I'm a coffee geek.

Deew
: I, too, was a Diet Mt Dew addict pre-IP. It's been hard, I still crave it (8 weeks in). What has helped me through it, though, is an occasional 0-0-0 Dt Hansens or Dt Rite made with splenda. It's a bit controversial but hasn't stalled me and I get a little fizz to fight that pop craving.

Happy 100% IP day, everyone!!! I'm off to pack my lunch for a play date for my 2 yr old. All the moms are making bagel sandwiches and I'll be munching on a salad of course!

Last edited by ash825; 03-09-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:08 AM   #12  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
good morning everyone! I remember someone asking if they knew the nutritional facts for the apple and cinnamon soy puffs, well here it is.

CALORIES 150
FAT 5g
saturated 0g,trans 0g
CHOLESTEROL 0mg
SODIUM 140mg
POTASSIUM 150mg
CARBOHYDRATE 15g
FIBRE 0g
SUGARS 5g
PORTEIN 15g
VITAMIN A 0%, VITAMINS C 2%, CALCIUM 30%, IRON 15%

Hope this is the right place to put it!
Thank you very much!
Old 03-09-2011, 11:38 AM   #13  
Loving the Sleeved Life

Oh, Melissa, I'm so sorry you're still struggling. I know how frustrating it is, and GAINING just plain out sucks. Maybe it IS time for you to move forward into phase 2 to shake things up?

Don't worry, guys, I'm NOT giving up anything for Lent. I am working on making sure I follow the protocol perfectly. I agree that doing what is best for my body (and soul because a healthier me is a happier me) is the best resolution. I teach catechism classes to 5th graders, and several of them are inspired by me to ADD something good to their lives. I had them reflect on what they were lacking, and they are working to incorporate more good. Sorry for any confusion!

I realize that many people are not religious, and I would never be one to push my beliefs on others, so please don't take this in that way. We hare our lives...I'm just sharing mine. That said, you all are doing wonderful things for your bodies and minds, as well as your hearts. This will make us stronger and help us love ourselves more. I hope you all have peace with this diet today, especially those of you struggling.

I love you all (in an Internet, non-creepy kind of way!).
Old 03-09-2011, 11:47 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Lent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Oh yeah....I'm not Catholic, but, really, I don't think giving up a food item for Lent is smart for IP folks......we have already cut everything! I would think you Catholic folks would cut tangible items.....that is my thought! My fiance and I were discussing that last night at supper......sorry, random thoughts!
As a practicing Catholic, (Catholic school for 17 years) I don't always "give things up" but you can also 'do' something, like go to church every day. Do nice things for others, work in a food bank, take people to appointments, kind of the -- heal the sick, feed the poor --

Mary
Old 03-09-2011, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepeterson View Post
Hey everyone. Had my weigh in this morning and I am sad to report a gain of 1lb. I have no idea how this is happening, I am doing everything correct my body just hates me right now I guess. It continues to be frustrating and even more so knowing that my birthday is next week and I am NOT loosing. Still undecided at this time about staing on plan for that one day, I have mixed feelings about it now that I am gaining instead of loosing. O'well.
I am going to just remain OP until monday and decide then.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!
I think it's the weather. How about joining us in boot camp? It can't hurt! I refuse to eat the restricted at all. I want this over with as quickly as possible.
Closed Thread