Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:31 PM   #61  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastergirl411 View Post
Ok I don't know if this is ketosis or what. I am on Day 8 and this started about 3 days ago...

It feels like gas is emitting from my tongue. I also have a nasty taste in my mouth, kind of thick and metally tasting. I have also been light headed and run down feeling in my head. Kind of like my head is FULL and lots of pressure.

I added 16 oz of water today but it hasn't helped. Still tasting it and feeling yuck! Could I have gone too far into ketosis or is it ketoacidosis or something?

I may not be getting all of my oil/fat in everyday. I am taking 4 multivitamins per day. The potassium and the Cal mag daily.

I lost 4.4 lbs my first week so I don't want to stop but I don't like this feeling at all.
I can't address the other issues, but 4 mulitvitamins a day is TOO MUCH if, for no other reason, than the fact that you should only be getting 400 mg pf folate a day. You're possibly getting 4 times that much. And 9 grams of EVOO/day is de rigueur. http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/folate
Old 03-04-2011, 06:36 PM   #62  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Had my first weigh in today. Started IP last Friday I was down 6.5 lbs, even with one night away from home in New York. I'm ready to lose the weight for good. Just had grilled chicken with Herbes de Provence, grilled leeks, and steamed broccoli for dinner and looking forward to a great weekend. I am so happy to find something that works!
Old 03-04-2011, 06:38 PM   #63  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Success, weigh in number 8, down another 4.2 pounds!! 29 pounds lost and 25 inches.
Congratulations! It's very inspiring to see success like yours, as I am just starting out. Have a great weekend.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:43 PM   #64  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Anyone else drink their puddings? What is the secret to not getting the little chunks? I shake it really hard but am still left with them. They are starting to get to me!
I mix them up with about 8 oz water and a few ice cubes. I don't get chunks when I do that.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #65  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
This is my first time on IP and I am on day two. Yesterday was brutal. All I did was obsess about food and what I couldn't have. I had a headache and felt irritable and unfocused. I am very much struggling with the veggie thing since I have never liked them. Eating a big green salad for lunch yesterday actually made me gag. Nevertheless, I persevered and got through the day with no cheats. My motto now is "one day at a time". Given my addiction to carbs, I cannot possibly think of going 1, 2 or 3 weeks without my carb crutch. I can only get through one meal at a time and trust that it will add up to days and weeks of success. I never realized how much I relied on sugary foods for that quick "comfort" fix. My Phase I is very strict as its the Jumpstart Program. It does not even allow Splenda. However, I have drawn the line at my daily cup of tea. If I can't have a decaf tea with splenda and a bit of milk, then getting up in the morning may not be worth it. Wish me luck. I will post again on my progress.
Hi. I felt terrible the first few days. I was still getting over a nasty ear infection, and my doc said I could start the diet even though I was sick, and I figured I might as well. The first few days were truly terrible. I know the headache was partly due to the carb withdrawal. My coach sent me something on carbs being more addictive than cocaine. That made me feel better, as I felt worse than when I was getting off vidicon after wrist surgery 5 years ago.

Now I'm one week in and the addiction is broken. I looked at a box of girl scout cookies the other day and realized it was just a box. I had a chocolate drink and went on with my life.

My coach doesn't allow restricted foods at the beginning, because she thinks they cause cravings in some people. I would suggest staying away from them so that you have a clean break.

It dies get better, trust me.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 185/182/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskaipjourney View Post
Success, weigh in number 8, down another 4.2 pounds!! 29 pounds lost and 25 inches.
Congrats! You are doing great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well just got back from WI#15 and I lost -3 lbs and -1.5 inches thats a total of -81.2 lbs and 55.5 inches. I love this plan. Keep up all the hard work all you IP Champions are doing and have a great weekend.
Congrats! You are such an inspiration to us newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pxlkitty4 View Post
Had my first weigh in today. Started IP last Friday I was down 6.5 lbs, even with one night away from home in New York. I'm ready to lose the weight for good. Just had grilled chicken with Herbes de Provence, grilled leeks, and steamed broccoli for dinner and looking forward to a great weekend. I am so happy to find something that works!
Congrats on your first weigh in! This really is a wonderful diet.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m in my 7th week on IP, and the last few days when I eat my salad I get a stomach ache. Any ideas why?? Just feel really bloated and yucky. I don`t remember feeling like this earlier, so why now? I have LOTS of lettuce, 1/2 cup each of mushrms, cukes, gr.pepper, cabbage, same as I`ve always had. I`m in phase 2 now, so I add an egg and 4oz. chicken to the salad. Also get gassy now when my stomach hurts! Uncomfortable and annoying to me. Is there anything I can do?
Maybe it's the addition of the egg? Maybe try a different protein?
Old 03-04-2011, 07:28 PM   #68  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by couts71 View Post
Well just got back from WI#15 and I lost -3 lbs and -1.5 inches thats a total of -81.2 lbs and 55.5 inches. I love this plan. Keep up all the hard work all you IP Champions are doing and have a great weekend.
Awesome! Great work. Almost there. What a wonderful feeling. You are an inspiration!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
I had my husband hide the scales when I started IP (at the advice of my coach). Have others done that? I know I'd weigh myself too much if I had it right there, but I also miss knowing.
My coach suggested the same and I did it...she told me to trust myself and the program and let her scale tell the story
Old 03-04-2011, 07:40 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default stomach ache

Quote:
I`m in my 7th week on IP, and the last few days when I eat my salad I get a stomach ache. Any ideas why?? Just feel really bloated and yucky. I don`t remember feeling like this earlier, so why now? I have LOTS of lettuce, 1/2 cup each of mushrms, cukes, gr.pepper, cabbage, same as I`ve always had. I`m in phase 2 now, so I add an egg and 4oz. chicken to the salad. Also get gassy now when my stomach hurts! Uncomfortable and annoying to me. Is there anything I can do?
Sounds to me like may be you need some fiber capsules, or psyllium. When I was little and had a tummy ache my mom would tell me to try to go poo.

Mary
Old 03-04-2011, 07:43 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default tongue gas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastergirl411 View Post
Ok I don't know if this is ketosis or what. I am on Day 8 and this started about 3 days ago...

It feels like gas is emitting from my tongue. I also have a nasty taste in my mouth, kind of thick and metally tasting. I have also been light headed and run down feeling in my head. Kind of like my head is FULL and lots of pressure.

I added 16 oz of water today but it hasn't helped. Still tasting it and feeling yuck! Could I have gone too far into ketosis or is it ketoacidosis or something?

I may not be getting all of my oil/fat in everyday. I am taking 4 multivitamins per day. The potassium and the Cal mag daily.

I lost 4.4 lbs my first week so I don't want to stop but I don't like this feeling at all.
OMG you made me laugh out loud. I am also taking 4 multi's a day because that's what the bottle says! I haven't had any problems, some times though Orbit gum does the trick and makes you want to drink a lot of extra water. My dr. uses it all the time.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #72  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
This is my first time on IP and I am on day two. Yesterday was brutal. All I did was obsess about food and what I couldn't have. I had a headache and felt irritable and unfocused. I am very much struggling with the veggie thing since I have never liked them. Eating a big green salad for lunch yesterday actually made me gag. Nevertheless, I persevered and got through the day with no cheats. My motto now is "one day at a time". Given my addiction to carbs, I cannot possibly think of going 1, 2 or 3 weeks without my carb crutch. I can only get through one meal at a time and trust that it will add up to days and weeks of success. I never realized how much I relied on sugary foods for that quick "comfort" fix. My Phase I is very strict as its the Jumpstart Program. It does not even allow Splenda. However, I have drawn the line at my daily cup of tea. If I can't have a decaf tea with splenda and a bit of milk, then getting up in the morning may not be worth it. Wish me luck. I will post again on my progress.
In the beginning, I told myself that I was going to do this for two weeks, no matter what. But after that first weigh in I was hooked. I was not only addicted to carbs, but I was addicted to caffeine via diet soda. All I did the first few days was obsess over them. The first day I got "the headache" that neither ibuprofen or acetaminophen could touch. I had to just go to bed (at 7:30) and thankfully went to sleep. There were many days I went to bed early. I felt like I was in a daze for 4-5 days. I got sick of lettuce and broccoli both. I started trying other vegetables and experimenting with different recipes, and have found new favorites (cauliflower roasted with chili powder and garlic powder), and also had some failures (okra, blech). I doctor my salad dressings with different Mrs. Dash's and actually like eating salad. Others have said it before, I think your tastes change on this diet. The things I thought I would miss the most, I don't.

Just stick with it, it will get better! Reading this forum helped me alot.
You can do it!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:58 PM   #73  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Cabbage and eggs are very gassy items and mushrooms ALWAYS do me in. They're a fungus type food and they just do not agree with me. The big D everey time.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #74  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

My new favorite breakfast is the chicken soup, lots of hot sauce and about 1-2 ounces of shredded chicken. Yum!!!
Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelee10 View Post
I've been noticing that my skin is drier than normal. Also the big c. I'm starting to think I need more oil than the 2 teaspoons we are allowed in phase 1. Are you all strictly adhering to that? My coach said I could do a tablespoon which is just one more teaspoon. Doesn't seem significant. By the time I brush a little on my protein before cooking that still just leaves 2 teaspoons for a salad. I'm not crazy about the WF. Does everybody really just put 2 teaspoons of dressing on their salad?
coaches do vary. My coach said 2 TBSP for me. I have lost 25 lbs.............. You know your body maybe test things and see how it effects you. I also use some coconut oil for cooking.
Closed Thread