Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
No, the cereal is not restricted. I'm hoping that you start to feel better in the next day or two - the first few days are the hardest as you get into ketosis as your body is going through a huge shock as you are withholding sugar, carbs and its usual amount of calories from it. Most of us went throught the 3 day **** when we started. I personally turned the corner on day 3 and went from being non-stop hungry to being good with the amount of food that we are allowed to eat on phase 1. I looked at the "jumpstart" protocol - the only thing that I see that differs from phase 1 is that it looks like she allows a packet at dinner as well as your meat & veggies. Most people in phase 1 only have 3 packets a day (though many coaches allow 4 or even 5 packets in the first couple of weeks).

I understand your frustrations, but your coach should have filled you in on the veggies you were allowed to eat before you commited. You need to have those veggies - for the nutrients, the sustenace and the roughage! How much are you trying to lose? Are you drinking all your water? Cups of hot tea, hot coffee (preferably decaf) and other hot things will help you feel more full.
Thanks for that feedback. I am trying to lose about 30 lbs. I am definitely drinking all the water. That has been huge for me since I only drank one 8 oz glass of water a day before this. I can't even leave the house now without a washroom close by. Sometimes its hard to get it down but I drink 64 oz. I have managed to eat the veggies everyday but I can't get the salad down all the time. My coach said that I should stay on Phase I until 90% weight loss but I've heard other people say only 80%. I dearly miss the idea of my daily multigrain sandwich with sliced avocado, swiss cheese and chicken. In WW points (which I did before this) that sandwich had about 7 points but it tasted so good! I feel like I am grieving my carbs and am going through some kind of denial/resentment that I can't have them anymore. Not just the carbs but the veggies that I do like (which are few and far between) and the dairy. Non-fat yogurt was part of my daily diet. I went on IP because I know that I cannot stick to a diet for an extended time. The fact that this was very low carb (to curb my carb addiction) and was fairly quick gave me hope that I could finally meet my weight goal. I am actually only 4'11" so 30 pounds looks pretty heavy on me.

I really thank you for replying. I know that people who have support have a much better chance of success. To know that you and others have gone through the same thing is encouraging. It's just today, between the reality of a plate of pasta and the dream of wearing my summer shorts, the pasta is looking mighty good.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #137  

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Sorry about the headache. If you are in week two, you are probably still adjusting to the ketones as a source of energy. You might be burning of some toxins or extra hormones that was in that stored fat. Both of those items can cause a headache. AND, the occasional withdrawal feeling can be happening.

If water or salt doesn't work, you may certainly use advil or tylenol or aspirin. Try not to do the aleve. It has caused water retention for some people although, that is for more regular use.
Thanks showgirlaz...I'm feeling much better after a great night's sleep (oh boy this Ketosis has been messing with my beauty sleep!) Toxins certainly make sense, lord knows I've not treated this body very well over the years. Afterall, that's why I'm hear right? lol

I'm very happy to know I don't have to suffer through another one!!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:29 PM   #138  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolberger View Post
Beachbella,

I love your new avatar! You are beautiful!

Lynn

Aww Lynn thank you sweety...Finally thought it was time to stop hiding behind my avatar. I should feel proud of my 44lb weight loss so far...thank you
Old 03-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #139  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Thanks for that feedback. I am trying to lose about 30 lbs. I am definitely drinking all the water. That has been huge for me since I only drank one 8 oz glass of water a day before this. I can't even leave the house now without a washroom close by. Sometimes its hard to get it down but I drink 64 oz. I have managed to eat the veggies everyday but I can't get the salad down all the time. My coach said that I should stay on Phase I until 90% weight loss but I've heard other people say only 80%. I dearly miss the idea of my daily multigrain sandwich with sliced avocado, swiss cheese and chicken. In WW points (which I did before this) that sandwich had about 7 points but it tasted so good! I feel like I am grieving my carbs and am going through some kind of denial/resentment that I can't have them anymore. Not just the carbs but the veggies that I do like (which are few and far between) and the dairy. Non-fat yogurt was part of my daily diet. I went on IP because I know that I cannot stick to a diet for an extended time. The fact that this was very low carb (to curb my carb addiction) and was fairly quick gave me hope that I could finally meet my weight goal. I am actually only 4'11" so 30 pounds looks pretty heavy on me.

I really thank you for replying. I know that people who have support have a much better chance of success. To know that you and others have gone through the same thing is encouraging. It's just today, between the reality of a plate of pasta and the dream of wearing my summer shorts, the pasta is looking mighty good.
2many,

Mrs. D is full of wisdom, and I’d like to add a bit. Hang in there, because you will get to enjoy your beloved carbs again once you reach Phases 3 & 4, but by then you will have retrained your body on processing them properly, and educated yourself on when and how to eat them so the weight doesn’t come back on. I am almost finished with PH 3, and have come to realize that the way I ate before IP is very similar to the choices I can make now, and will make during maintenance, to keep the weight off. No, you can’t go back to unhealthy eating habits, but that breakfast sandwich you mentioned? You’ll be able to work that in. Follow the program, it is worth the sacrifice!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:33 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 240/240/160

Height: 5'7"

Just checking in. I am on my 2nd week of IP. I have been reading posts for the past week... and I am so encouraged by you all.

I had a major detour last night when mhy husband and I went out to dnner with some clients. Today, I will not let that discourage me and throw in the towel. I have had my breakfast and lunch and I have a plan for dinner. I have to do this. I am tired of playing the weight-loss yoyo game. I want to lose this weight and move on with a healthier life!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:44 PM   #141  

Default Technical question

Why doesn't my profile picture show up with my post? I checked the picture size and it looks ok.... I deleted it and re-added it. Any suggestions?
Old 03-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #142  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenshoopie View Post
Why doesn't my profile picture show up with my post? I checked the picture size and it looks ok.... I deleted it and re-added it. Any suggestions?
You have to put it in under the "edit avatar" page.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:48 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 209.6/201/145

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone, had WI #4 today and have lost 19 lbs. I love this diet. It was hard at first but mind over matter helps.I have found that when you think something looks good and you are hungry. If I drink some water at those times it seems to take that craving away. Good luck this week to everyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 01:58 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manysizes View Post
Is the crunchy cereal a restricted food? If so, I wasn't told that. I find that it's barely enough to eat as it is. I can't imagine just having a shake or a soup for breakfast. My coach's jumpstart IP protocol is 1 IP package at breakfast with tea; lunch is 1 IP package salad/veggies; dinner is 1 IP package, protein source salad/veggies and snack is 1 IP package. Is it just me or is this way too little food? I am restricted from tomatoes except for 2x a week so I can't even make a tomatoe base sauce for the veggies. This is only day 3 and I am already prepared to give up. I can't imagine eating this way for another month. It's not that I'm even craving sweets - I'm just craving food! I went through the whole recipe section to find some recipes to make the meals more palatable but the vegetables are pretty boring with restricted tomatoes and only 2 servings of oil on them. I also stocked my spice cupboard but it doesn't seem to be helping me. I dished out alot of money to start this program but I had no idea it would be so restrictive vis a vis the vegetables you can eat. And I hate vegetables anyway. Sorry for the rant. Feeling very pissed and hungry.
I got the Walden Farms Marinara sauce at the IP place I go to. I don't like their salad dressings much so I had low expectations but think it's pretty good. I was able to use it during my first week. It is carb free, fat free and calorie free. I don't know how they manage that because it is made from tomatoes. I put it on my chicken and some fish. Maybe it would give you a tomato fix. And yeah, it's not a lot of food. Are you able to minimize your exposure to the real world? That helps. I started one week after shoulder surgery so my life was cleared. I stayed in my room a lot reading and watching recorded t.v. - fast forwarded through the food commercials! If I had to be in an office surrounded by temptations and food smells - like I used to be it would be tough. I don't go into an office anymore so it's just my social life that is tempting. I know I am fortunate in that respect. Plus, my main problem has always been the evening carb binges so I'm okay during the day. But I do still get hungry. My coach said I could do an extra IP pack, a little extra protein or extra veggies (not restricteds.) I found a little extra protein worked best for me - though not at the moment. My weight loss slowed down. I am, however, still in ketosis. Talk to your coach. I think modifying the jump start would be better than quitting. Extra protein would not hamper your ability to get into ketosis. You might not lose as much because of the extra calories but it might ease you into the diet. Oh, and the omelette with added veggies is a lot more filling. I save a little extra from what I cooked the night before, like broccoli, throw in some mushrooms.

Last edited by deelee10; 03-05-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Transfer to another IP clinic?

Hi,

I just moved from the east coast to Seattle. I was wondering if any of the IPers could suggest an IP clinic either in downtown seattle or bothell?

Also does anyone know if you join one clinic, if the membership/support etc is transferable to any other IP clinic?

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipityberry View Post
Anyone else drink their puddings? What is the secret to not getting the little chunks? I shake it really hard but am still left with them. They are starting to get to me!
For a great shake made out of the puddings, throw it in the blender with 4-5 ice cubes, extra water and a splash of vanilla SF syrup. Blend it up and enjoy. For an extra treat I drizzle walden farms 0 everything chocolate syrup on top.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:02 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You have to put it in under the "edit avatar" page.
Thanks! That worked
Old 03-05-2011, 02:06 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Happy Weekend IPers

Anyone have a clinic/coach IP place down in New Orleans? I posted the other day and don't know if there was a response, so I"m putting this out again. I have 2 people very interested and want to send them to someone who's on the ball.
Thanks and keep truckin' everyone. I'm gratefully maintaining one day/one meal at a time on ph.4.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #149  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Hi,

I just moved from the east coast to Seattle. I was wondering if any of the IPers could suggest an IP clinic either in downtown seattle or bothell?

Also does anyone know if you join one clinic, if the membership/support etc is transferable to any other IP clinic?

Thanks in advance!
Is Issaquah too far from you? If not, the Fern Life Center in Issaquah is good. Susan is the name of the coach. I can send you her info if you are interested. I think we could both benefit from the referral, too.

There is a clinic in Bellevue that sponsors the program too. I didn't pick that one because it is also a plastic surgery center. For some reason that bugged me. (I never called them, just a snap judgement.)
Old 03-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #150  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Aww Lynn thank you sweety...Finally thought it was time to stop hiding behind my avatar. I should feel proud of my 44lb weight loss so far...thank you
Yes! You should be very proud! I LOVE LOVE your "kissing" picture! That is my dream. I can't wait until the day I can pet one, let alone have the same experience that you got to have. How wonderful.
Closed Thread