Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 PM   #91  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
I should know this by now but ....can someone please tell me how to multi quote, I have read before to click on the + in the corner of the reply box, is this right? It doesn't seem to work for me...Thanks for your help!!
In each post that you want to quote, click the box with the + sign, then on the last post you quote before you reply, click the "quote" button. They will all show up in the reply box.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #92  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Hi everyone:

LONG Day today finally getting on to read everyone's posts for today. I had my WI today and I am down 2 lbs and 6 1/2 inches this week, the lowest weight loss I have had so far since starting IP in Jan. I am ok with it though I know it is due to the cleanse and my body not accepting the cleanse at this point but I am not going to give up the cleanse and will continue it until I am finished.

Carla - thank you for the suggestion of the sea salt flush it worked and I am feeling alot better! That is a keeper for me. Hope everyone has a nice weekend
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 188/188/160

Height: 5'6"

Well hello everyone, stayed op today, may need a cup of tea tonight yet but other than that Ihave no cravings. I just can't wait until I have a Saturday night with movies and popcorn. Know I have to wait till phase 4 but I can see my goal getting closer. Everyone have a good weekend, maybe will need to try that cauliflower popcorn.
Old 03-04-2011, 11:39 PM   #94  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Not that I consider myself an IP oldtimer, but I know that for me, some days I'm just kind of burned out by the forums... So, I lurk but don't post as much.
Yeah, what she said! Me too. I have A LOT of catching up to do. Hope all is well with everyone.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:02 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Oh look they are crawling out of the woodwork! Mrs.D, AmyonIP! This is a shout out to Svelting I see Linden was here today! Showgirlaz! Medicmom! ladyVrod! Darbs7! cmsgrrl! Come out come out wherever you are! LOL
Ah I am just playing around... sorry for those that I missed its a long list!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:13 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Oh look they are crawling out of the woodwork! Mrs.D, AmyonIP! This is a shout out to Svelting I see Linden was here today! Showgirlaz! Medicmom! ladyVrod! Darbs7! cmsgrrl! Come out come out wherever you are! LOL
here I am. by the time i read the question someone has beaten me to the answer. haha I have posted today...................sniff sniff no one noticed haha
Old 03-05-2011, 01:14 AM   #97  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
hahahaha - aren't you the feisty one tonight?!?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:37 AM   #98  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

POST for BEACH BELLA FROM YESTERDAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Ladies thank you for responding I really appreciate it.

1st Linden - .....The only meds that I am on are highblood pressure meds. Diovan and amlodipine.

Carla - Besides taking all my IP supplements that IP offers including the enzymes I am also on the Novi cleanse that is an option through our IP Coaches.

Novi-Renal Bottle- ash tree extract 31.25 mg, bearberry extract 25 mg, birch tree extract 15.63 mg
Novi-Pur Bottle- barberry extract 81mg, dandelion 61 mg, sarsaparilla extract 41 mg, burdock extract 41 mg, chamomile extract 40 mg, cascara sagrada extract 27 mg, sage extract 24 mg, yellow dock root extract 20.3 mg

Novi-Lax Bottle- Psyllium 250 mg, Aloe Vera 150 mg, Prune 50 mg.

I am taking 4 Novi Renal and 4 Novi Pur a day. AM and PM after meals and then taking 2 Novi Lax before bed with my enzymes. I honestly can't figure out why I am having this problem. Protein wise I eat fish, chicken, turkey, lean pork, 1 x a week beef. I also make sure I have at least 1 tsp of olive oil a day some times I use a little more. I am interested in this sea salt flush you speak of. I think I am going to plan on doing this Friday night into Saturday and see how I feel. Thank you for the idea.

Thank you both again. I will give the vitamin c and sea salt flush a try
Hey there!!

Just seeing this. I can't see any reason why you would be backed up with all the ingredients in the novi cleanse.

On the other hand..... ARE YOU STILL TAKING THE Ideal Protein POTASSIUM?? If so, please, call your Doctor. Diovan and Amlodipine are both contraindicated to potassium. AND, having too much potassium can lead to constipation.

Your coach should not have you on those med with potassium unless you have consulted your doctor. PLEASE, do so and explain you have been on a cleanse and are still having constipation. Better safe than sorry.
Old 03-05-2011, 03:43 AM   #99  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Wow this is so weird! I noticed there are barely any posts by the long term IPers! Seems to be a disturbing trend, its to bad that all the new people don't get to learn from them and all the knowledge they have accumulated over the months and I am not talking just 2 months or 3 months but 5 6 7 8 9 etc. months they have journeyed through the land of Ideal Protien. Is it possible they have all finished IP and moved on?
Here I am. Just being quiet as a , enjoying my and, all the . Trying hard not to jump in at times and !
Old 03-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi IP'ers,

I've been gone a couple of days, had my 5th weigh in today and am down 2 lbs. I've definitely slowed down. My WI's have been 5, 4, 3, .5, .5, , 2- that's only 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I've started to do things a little off program, I started using 1/2 and 1/2 in my half cup of decaf coffee in the am because I saw on this site that somebody was doing that and it hadn't affected their weight loss. I started adding protein here and there throughout the day. I was eating more restricteds (like 1 1/2 some days) I didn't have anything off program - just more than I should of things. It has slowed down my weight loss. My coach told me to cut back on restricted this last week, so I did, and had the 2 lb. loss. I've got to tighten things up again but one of the things that trips me up - is I just don't have a lot of energy. It seems like every third day, I can barely get out of bed. I'm just a limp noodle. Also, I get weird flutterings in my stomach, some nausea, some blah feeling. Does anyone else have energy problems? And if I try to do my speedwalking, forget-about-it. I walked Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday I literally could not get off the couch. My coach thinks I'm making things up, she has no tolerance for anything outside her own experience.
Does anything I'm saying make sense to anyone? I get all my salt, water and supplements in every day. I don't suffer from Big C. I'm just tired. All the time.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:03 AM   #101  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by esammy12 View Post
Hi IP'ers,

I've been gone a couple of days, had my 5th weigh in today and am down 2 lbs. I've definitely slowed down. My WI's have been 5, 4, 3, .5, .5, , 2- that's only 15 lbs in 6 weeks. I've started to do things a little off program, I started using 1/2 and 1/2 in my half cup of decaf coffee in the am because I saw on this site that somebody was doing that and it hadn't affected their weight loss. I started adding protein here and there throughout the day. I was eating more restricteds (like 1 1/2 some days) I didn't have anything off program - just more than I should of things. It has slowed down my weight loss. My coach told me to cut back on restricted this last week, so I did, and had the 2 lb. loss. I've got to tighten things up again but one of the things that trips me up - is I just don't have a lot of energy. It seems like every third day, I can barely get out of bed. I'm just a limp noodle. Also, I get weird flutterings in my stomach, some nausea, some blah feeling. Does anyone else have energy problems? And if I try to do my speedwalking, forget-about-it. I walked Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday I literally could not get off the couch. My coach thinks I'm making things up, she has no tolerance for anything outside her own experience.
Does anything I'm saying make sense to anyone? I get all my salt, water and supplements in every day. I don't suffer from Big C. I'm just tired. All the time.
Just a couple of questions; but they're important. (And I'm no diagnostician; just a questioner and observer.) Do you have hypothyroidism? If no, have you been tested for it? Did you gain your weight rather quickly? Once you drag yourself off the couch, can you force yourself to walk? and, if so, do you feel a little better afterward? And one observation: I'd lose the speed walking altogether. I think your heart rate may be skyrocketing although that is probably only part of why you're tired.

And Pegsi, about the oldtimers. (A truly unfortunate phrase. I'd suggest the word seasoned, but that sounds a bit like the bird that's well past it's spring chick freshness and gussied up with dietary make up.)

I can only speak for myself, but it's unpleasant and saddening to try to help people and to make things easier for them, and then be accused of taking over. We have lives, too. Maybe we chose to live them where we can have some fun; and not care so very much about how other people are doing.

Besides, we're not irreplaceable. Others can do the research we've done. It's all here as well as available in documented research. It takes a while to sift through some of the garbage on the Internet, but it's worth the effort.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 AM   #102  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning all!

Thanks for everyone checking in.

Have a great day!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:09 AM   #103  

Height: 5'2"

Default Headache!

Good Morning All!

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with...

I'm in week 2 and while I managed to escape headaches in week one, last night I was in some major pain I had all my required water (and then some), salt and supplements for the day and even chugged down 2 more litres of water with a smidge of salt to see if that would help. Finally I just decided sleep was my best option.

So perhaps it was just a regular old non-IP headache? Can I take Advil or Aleve?

I'm not typically a headache person so I'm a bit of a wimp when I do get one!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:37 AM   #104  

S/C/G: 198/168/?

Height: 5'2

You experienced IP'ers ROCK! You're so dedicated and full of info, much appreciated for a greenie like me! anyway, here goes. I've been on IP for 8 weeks and have avg about a 3.5 lb per week. My mom who is over 60 started I P a couple of weeks ago, the 1st week she lost 8 lbs and her 2nd weigh in only 1.5. I thought that was really low for a 2nd weigh in. she's not eating restricted foods and is following the plan. I just don,t want her to getdiscouraged when she she she's how well she's been doing? Any advice.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #105  

S/C/G: 256.7/211/155

Height: Start Date: 2-18-11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
In each post that you want to quote, click the box with the + sign, then on the last post you quote before you reply, click the "quote" button. They will all show up in the reply box.
This method is SO much easier than what I was doing before, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Hi everyone:

Carla - thank you for the suggestion of the sea salt flush it worked and I am feeling alot better! That is a keeper for me. Hope everyone has a nice weekend
Any chance you could go over the sea salt flush? I'm needing something to help me over here....thanks in advance

Morning everyone

Was trying to make myself feel better last night after weigh in number 2 and no weight loss (but 11.5 total inches gone), so I went into my closet for the heck of it and started pulling out some clothes. Tried on a few things and noticed that just with 14.5 lbs. gone I can now fit comfortably in a 20, down from a 22. It's a start anyways and I'm really hoping to get the big C all cleared up so the scale with be moving back on down next week.

Have a great Saturday all!

Hugs
Stacy
Closed Thread