Old 05-31-2014, 07:14 PM   #391  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
Is anyone else out there currently in Phase 2 or Phase 3?
Me! I am in Phase 2 and seem stuck. I don't feel ready, physically or emotionally, to move to Phase 3. I can't explain why. I really don't know why. I am feeling less "on top of things" than I ever have regarding IP. Isn't that strange? I should be feeling successful, but instead I feel perched on the edge of failure. I am in the middle of reading The Beck Diet Solution in search of answers.

And suddenly, I feel fat again. I am becoming very conscious, focused even, on flaws or "signs" that I am still overweight, like when I am sitting and my stomach bulges out a bit. I mean. Do I really expect that I am going to have a perfectly flat stomach after this many years overweight? No. A year ago at this time I would have been thrilled to know I would look how I look now, far from perfect as I am. I dunno. Mind is trying to work some tricks on me and it is scaring me a bit.

Thanks for starting this thread . . . I most certainly need it.
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Hi Sylviesgirl,

Take a deep breath. You are going to be fine. It is scary, because we have rocked phase 1 and there is a lot of comfort in knowing the strict parameters. I have not enjoyed Phase 2 because there is so much real protein to eat! Today was my first Phase 3 day and it has been fine.

The same things that =success on phase 1 are still needed in Phase 3: planning, good choices and determination. I spent a lot of time reading the original threads about Phase 3. Information gives me comfort and a feeling of control.

As for your body awareness, I think it is normal. I went to a phantom fat workshop at my clinic. Accepting and loving our bodies just the way they are- is key to keeping the weight off. They recommended changing any negative self talk immediately to a positive comment. Focusing on your assets, no one is perfect. Putting progress pictures where you can see them everyday. I keep reminding myself of the clothing size that I am wearing now. No one in that size is fat!

Also, the question of what comes next can be daunting! Wanting to lose the weight took emotional focus. Working to lose weight has taken effort and intense focus. Now, keeping it off will take even more focus.

No cravings have come back yet. And... I can tell you right now, if you eat all the food in Phase 3 there is no way that you will be hungry. You will be without the positive feedback of losing on the scale, but the mental change will be satisfaction at maintaining your goal number.

We can do this! Phase 1 will always be a tool that we can use, but we are ready.
Slipfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 08:19 PM   #393  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Hi Sylviesgirl,

Take a deep breath. You are going to be fine. It is scary, because we have rocked phase 1 and there is a lot of comfort in knowing the strict parameters. I have not enjoyed Phase 2 because there is so much real protein to eat! Today was my first Phase 3 day and it has been fine.

The same things that =success on phase 1 are still needed in Phase 3: planning, good choices and determination. I spent a lot of time reading the original threads about Phase 3. Information gives me comfort and a feeling of control.

As for your body awareness, I think it is normal. I went to a phantom fat workshop at my clinic. Accepting and loving our bodies just the way they are- is key to keeping the weight off. They recommended changing any negative self talk immediately to a positive comment. Focusing on your assets, no one is perfect. Putting progress pictures where you can see them everyday. I keep reminding myself of the clothing size that I am wearing now. No one in that size is fat!

Also, the question of what comes next can be daunting! Wanting to lose the weight took emotional focus. Working to lose weight has taken effort and intense focus. Now, keeping it off will take even more focus.

No cravings have come back yet. And... I can tell you right now, if you eat all the food in Phase 3 there is no way that you will be hungry. You will be without the positive feedback of losing on the scale, but the mental change will be satisfaction at maintaining your goal number.

We can do this! Phase 1 will always be a tool that we can use, but we are ready.
Thanks Slipfree! I can tell that you understand exactly what I am going through. Yes, I have found much comfort in the strict and simple parameters of Phase 1. I am finding Phase 2 to be more work as there is meat/fresh protein for lunch and that is not as quick or portable as a RTD. But, both phases harmonize with my "all or nothing" personality. I have adapted to "nothing" and find it comforting. (That sounds quite masochistic, doesn't it? lol) "Nothing" meaning no choices, really, no room for "gray area." I feel trepidations about managing the gray areas. I need to look at this as the next frontier and find as much satisfaction in conquering it as I found in conquering Phase 1 and weight loss in general. -deep breaths-

I have been experiencing much more hunger lately. Did you experience that on Phase 2? I don't know it if is related to Phase 2 or if it is just time to start eating like a regular human being now. I have some feeling in the back of my mind that I have been on Phase 1 a little too long and that hunger is just sort of building and building. Anyway, it's comforting to hear that perhaps that hunger will dissipate some on Phase 3.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:55 PM   #394  

Sylviesgirl

I was a little hungrier on Phase 2 but I did not eat all 16 ounces of protein. I confessed to my coach today . I was cravings hungry though- I missed my packets. Today though, I have followed the protocol perfectly and I am full and satisfied.

This can not be about perfection, because we are human. This is for the rest of our lives, we are bound to have some slips. If that happens, my philosophy is fall 3 times, get up four.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:48 PM   #395  

Found these suggestions posted on an old thread:

Waffles with Strawberries and WF Syrup on top, Cottage Cheese and Sausage Links!
Kashi 7 Grain Waffles (2): 150 cal, 18g NCarbs, 5g Fat, 4g Protein
Strawberries (1 cup sliced): 53 cal, 9.5g NCarbs, 0 Fat, 1.1g Protein
Breakstone 2% Cottage Cheese (2- 4oz containers): 180 cal, 12g NCarbs, 5g Fat, 21g Protein
Boca Breakfast Sausage Links (3 links): 105 cal, 4.5g NCarbs, 4.5g Fat, 12g Protein

Totals: 488 cal, 44g Net Carbs, 14.5g Fat, 38.1g Protein (you can always have less sausage links if it's too much protein for you)

2 Slices of Toast with Cream Cheese, Strawberries and Sausage Links!
Arnold HealthFull 10 Grain Bread(2 slices): 160 cal, 24g NCarbs, 2g Fat, 10g Protein
Strawberries(1 cup sliced): 53 cal, 9.5g NCarbs, 0 fat, 1.1g Protein
Breakstone 2% Cottage Cheese(4oz containter): 90 cal, 6g NCarbs, 2.5g fat, 11g Protein
Boca Breakfast Sausage Links(2 Links): 70 Cal, 3g NCarbs, 3g fat, 8g Protein
Philly Nonfat Cream Cheese(two .75oz cups): 40 Cal, 2g NCarbs, 0 fat, 6g Protein

Totals: 413 calories, 44.5g Net Carbs, 7.5g Fat, 36.1g Protein

Kashi Go Lean Cereal with Almond Milk and Strawberries, and 2 Sausage Links
Kashi Go Lean Original Cereal(1.5 cups): 210 cal, 30g NCarbs, 1.5g fat, 19.5g Protein
Almond Milk(1 cup for cereal): 60 cal, 7g NCarbs, 2.5g fat, 1g Protein
Boca Breakfast Sausage Links(2 Links): 70 cal, 3g NCarbs, 3g fat, 8g Protein

Totals: 393 Calories, 49.5g Net Carbs, 7g Fat, 29.6g Protein

FiberOne Vanilla Yogurt with Muesli and Strawberries, 1 slice of Toast with Peanut Butter and Sausage Links
FiberOne Vanilla Yogurt(one 4oz container): 50 cal, 8g NCarbs, 0 fat, 3g Protein
Alpen Muesli - No Sugar Added(1/3 cup): 105 cal, 17g NCarbs, 1.5g fat, 3.5g Protein
Arnold HealthFull 10 Grain Bread(1 slice): 80 cal, 12g NCarbs, 1g Fat, 5g Protein
Smuckers Reduced Fat Natural Style Peanut Butter(1 tbsp): 95 cal, 5g NCarbs, 6g fat, 4g Protein
Boca Breakfast Sausage Links(3 Links): 105 cal, 4.5g NCarbs, 4.5g fat, 12g protein

Totals: 488 Calories, 56g Net Carbs, 13g Fat, 28.6g Protein

FiberOne Vanilla Yogurt with Maple Pecan Granola, Strawberries and 1 slice of Toast with Cream Cheese and Sausage Links
FiberOne Vanilla Yogurt(one 4oz container): 50 cal, 8g NCarbs, 0 fat, 3g Protein
Bear Naked Maple Pecan Granola(1/4 cup): 130 cal, 20g NCarbs, 4g fat, 3g Protein
Arnold HealthFull 10 Grain Bread(1 slice): 80 cal, 12g NCarbs, 1g Fat, 5g Protein
Philly NonFat Cream Cheese(one .75oz cup): 20 cal, 1g NCarbs, 0 fat, 3g Protein
Boca Breakfast Sausage Links(3 Links): 105 cal, 4.5g NCarbs, 4.5g fat, 12g protein

Totals: 438 Calories, 55g Net Carbs, 9.5g Fat, 27.1g Protein
Old 05-31-2014, 11:48 PM   #396  
Started IP 2/13/13

All of these breakfasts sound fantastic. I don't know what is with me today. Reading all these delicious "recipes," almost chokes me up. It will be the first time in really my entire adult life that I will be eating real food in a normal context (not weight loss mode), feeling enjoyment and entitlement, no guilt or misgivings. Do you know what I mean? Since I was in high school, there was always some sort of weight issue. Every time I ate, I had a conversation running the back of my head about either, #1. how I was going to lose weight by making this choice, or, #2. how I was not going to lose weight by making this choice. To think now of just simply eating and fortifying my body, caring for it rather than trying to change it . . . well, it is emotional for me.

And, Slipfree, you're right. It can't be about "perfection." It needs to be a more "global" perspective. Just today, I "ate outside the lines" a bit. Not off-program, but ate things out of order and not necessarily out of honest hunger. Rather than freaking out and chucking the whole day and going wild (which is exactly what I would have done in my pre-IP days), I just focused on making the rest of the day balance out right and realizing that nothing was that out of whack in the first place.

Anyway, I'll stop yammering on here and see what recipes I have been stockpiling on Pinterest that I can add here . . .
Old 06-01-2014, 12:03 AM   #397  
Started IP 2/13/13

Well, these certainly sound delicious. A bit high in protein, though???

Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Ingredients
1 Egg
4 oz Egg Whites
1/3 cup Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
1/3 cup Sugar-free Pancake Mix
4 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener (to taste)
1 Lemon, juice & zest
Fruit Serving: 3 Apricots, 1 cup Strawberries, etc

Directions
1. Mix together Egg, Egg Whites, Ricotta Cheese, Sweetener, and Lemon juice & zest together. I used a fork..
2. Add in Pancake Mix and gently mix together with a fork (don't want to over mix).
3. Slice up Strawberries, or fruit serving of choice, make your coffee, etc while you cook up your pancakes.

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product :Serving :Fat :Carbs :Protein :Calories

(Protein)
Large Eggs 1 egg 5.0g 0.0g 6.0g 70
AllWhites Egg Whites 4 oz 0.0g 0.0g 13g 67

(Grain)
Maple Farms of VT SF Pancake 1/3c 3.7g 8Ng 16g 120

(Fruit)
Strawberries 1 cup 0.0g 12.8g 1g 53

(Dairy)
Lowfat Ricotta Cheese 1/3 cup 3.3g 4.0g 6.7g 80

TOTAL: 6 pancakes 12.0g 24.8g 42.7g 390

Last edited by SylviesGirl; 06-01-2014 at 12:12 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 06-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #398  
Started IP 2/13/13

Default Copied from Phase 3 breakfast recipes thread

Apricot Cake

2 Eggs
4 oz Egg Whites
3 Apricots
3 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
1/3 cup Sugar-free Pancake Mix
4 tbsp No-Calorie Sweetener (to taste)
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
WF Pancake Syrup

Directions
1. Mix together Eggs, Egg Whites, FF Cream Cheese, Sweetener, & Vanilla together. I used my immersion blender to get it all blended.
2. Add in Pancake Mix and gently mix together with a fork (don't want to over mix), pour into pie pan.
3. Cut Apricots into thin slices and arrange on top of pancake mixture.
4. Bake at 350 degrees ~18-20 minutes until puffy.
5. Lightly spread WF Pancake Syrup on top for a 'glaze'

Phase 3 Nutritional Information:

Product Serving Fat C arb Protein Cal

Protein
Large Eggs..................2 egg.....10.0g ..... 0.0g......12.0g......140
AllWhites Egg Whites........4 oz...... 0.0g ..... 0.0g..... 13g ....... 67

Grain
Maple Farms of VT SF Pancake...1/3c... 3.7g ..... 8Ng ..... 16g ...... 120

Fruit
Apricots....................3 (*35g).. 0.3g .... 11.7g ..... 1.5g...... 51

Dairy
Fat Free Cream Cheese.......3 oz...... 0.0g ...... 6.0g ... 12.0g...... 87

TOTAL: 14.0g ......25.7g ....54.5g .....465

*This was Delicious. I added the glaze on top since I made it the night before & wanted to keep it 'moist' in the fridge overnight, and it was!
*I am going to replace the FF Cream Cheese with 1/3 cup Part-Skim Ricotta and see how that turns out. There are a lot of recipes for 'ricotta pancakes' in the internet ether I am eager to adapt! (Originally posted by LizRR)
Old 06-01-2014, 12:24 AM   #399  

Sylviesgirl,

I understand the choked up feeling. For most of my adult life, I too, have either been on a diet or been "far" off a diet. I have never experienced a sense of balance with food, until now. I have faith in this process, because it has served me well. Food has become fuel and sustenance for me. I have made it through the past 7 months without turning to food for comfort or even celebration. I really think that my mind understands that food does not change emotional things in a "good" way. I decided to stop giving power to food. My food rule is that I will not eat to deal with stress or sadness. If I choose to indulge, it will be for joy.

We have the tools and a great protocol based on science to help us create a new balanced relationship with food. Just think how peaceful life is going to be without our ongoing "drama" with food.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:25 AM   #400  

Funny, I copied both of those recipes too!
Old 06-01-2014, 10:46 AM   #401  

Phase 3- breakfast day 2

1 piece of Ezekiel bread
1 tablespoon and a tsp. of almond butter (Marantha)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt (Green Mountain Creamery)
1/16 Bare Naked Maple granola

Learned that blueberries are higher in carbs than strawberries. Was a little high in carbs yesterday, so I cut back the granola to a sprinkle.
Old 06-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #402  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

looking for phase 2 sheet, found all the other phase sheets.
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:15 PM   #403  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Never mind I googled it and found it
AmberLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:25 PM   #404  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Phase 3- breakfast day 2

1 piece of Ezekiel bread
1 tablespoon and a tsp. of almond butter (Marantha)
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup strawberries
1 cup 0% fat Greek yogurt (Green Mountain Creamery)
1/16 Bare Naked Maple granola

Learned that blueberries are higher in carbs than strawberries. Was a little high in carbs yesterday, so I cut back the granola to a sprinkle.
How are you feeling so far, Slipfree?

Any light-headedness or feeling weird after breakfast?

Hope things are going well.
Old 06-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #405  

Hi Sylviesgirl,

Nope! I feel great. Worked in the yard/garden for 6 hours. Tons of energy and no hunger at all.

How about you? Getting ready to make the jump to Phase 3?