Old 06-02-2011, 04:50 PM   #226  

Thanks, Lucky!.. I'm really looking forward to this next adventure... your breakfast looks a lot like what I have in mind... I love Greek yogurt, so I was planning to have it often... I think I read on one of the previous "Life After" threads that it can count as part of your protein, but I need to go back & check... I'll probably re-read them more than once before it's all over with... maybe add a little protein shake powder to up the protein?.. I'll still have to run the numbers by next Thursday... what do you think?..

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #227  

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for bringing this thread back up I just finished my first week of Phase 3 (and weighed in today at the same as last week - no complaints there).

The 25g of protein is all of the components of your breakfast combined. I have been eating the 'nature's valley' and the totals are as follows:

Greek Yogurt (3/4 cup): 120cal, 0gfat, 11gcarb, 18g protein

Alpen Muesli (1/3cup): 113cal, 1.7gfat, 19.3g carb, 3.3g protein

Weight Watchers Multigrain bread (1 slice): 50cal, 1gfat, 7.5gcarb, 2gprotein

Adam's peanut butter (1tbsp): 100cal, 8gfat, 2gcarb, 3.5gprotein

Strawberries (1cup): 43cal, 0fat, 10carb (i don't count protein from fruit since its negligible)

Totals (& guideline for Ph3):
426 calories (400-500)
10.7g fat (<15g)
26.8g carbs from grain (<30g)
10g carbs from fruit (<20g)
26.8g protein (>25g)

*your dairy should be 100-120 calories with <15 gcarbs in it. Add all of the fat grams together - same for calories and proteins. You just take into account the net carbs (g carbs minus g fibre) from your grains and fruits.

I have a few other meat-free breakfasts that I alternate between, if anyone's interested. Hope that helps
meowmisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:19 PM   #228  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

S/C/G: 180/140.2/145

Height: 5 feet, 5 (and a half!) inches

Would you mind sending the info on the other breakfasts you are using? I could really use some help.

I don't know why I'm stressing out about it because I feel fine and I haven't gained a significant amount (maybe .2 lb?), but I feel like I owe it to myself to do it 'right' since I've done this much so far.

Aunt Sheshie- I know what you mean about reading the 'Life After' threads. My husband thinks I'm losing it since I read that thread so often. Last night he asked me 'if that info is always there, why do you have to keep going back to read it? is there something about IP that is affecting your memory?'
Lucky Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #229  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Just a quick question for anyone in phase 4. I would love to find a great protein powder that I can make a good smoothie in the morning. I love the fresh fruit, love the greek yogurt, and toast.... but I can't eat another egg! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I have been using MyoFusion by Gaspari Nutrition. I got it at GNC and it comes in a big blue container. In one scoop, it has 147 cal, 3g fat, 5g carb (1g fiber) and 25g protein. I got it in Delicious Vanilla and I have been pretty impressed with it! It's available on Netrition.
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:28 PM   #230  

So, I have just begun phase 4 and I'm terrified. It is so weird to go from being in weight loss mode to being in maintenance mode. I'm just kind of afraid to eat, because I'm afraid I'll screw it all up. Yesterday was my first day of phase 4 and my last WI. It has been a pretty emotionally draining week and last night after I finished dinner (spaghetti squash spaghetti), I went and tried the new frozen yogurt place that opened a couple of months ago. It was emotional eating, but I can't change that. Anyway, I felt guilty after eating the yogurt. Then this morning I got on the scale (because I was curious) and was up 2.5 lbs from where I was yesterday (I'm not a daily weigher, I was just curious). And my period started this morning. I just don't really know what to do anymore.

Today, I ended up having a phase 3 breakfast, a phase 2 lunch and had a 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1/2 cup of NF greek yogurt with berries along with my yummy chicken for dinner. Does that sound okay?

I liked what Rocky Monarch said about creating a phase 4 protocol sheet and I think I'll sit down and do that this weekend.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:48 PM   #231  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Mrs. D- I'm with you in spirit. I'm scared of how to make this really work, but I spent more time studying the original 'life after' thread today. You might want to spend some time there again if you haven't. BevS and others have some great posts. I'm sure you've read them before, but you might want to revisit.

You have the tools to get back on track if you need to, but my guess is you won't have to do anything drastic. Your body is just adjusting to this next phase. You are going to do well. Hang in there. I'll be with you in 7 days.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:49 PM   #232  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Oh- and I think your day sounds great. When I go back and read the posts about phase 4 (it is a phase despite being maintenance) it seems like the 'balanced' breakfast, no carb lunch and slow carb, low fat dinner is best.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:06 PM   #233  

Height: 5'5"

Ph3 made me nervous at first too...especially because the day after I started, I weighed 1.8lbs more. Ok, I knew it wasn't fat, but it still felt upsetting after being in the 'diet' mentality - and even though they tell you to expect 2-5. Well, the next day I was right back down again, so I was worrying for nothing. I have to keep reminding myself that what I really care about is my size and how I feel...and not the number on the scale!

I'm definitely nervous of Ph4 next weekend, but I have to keep telling myself that I have the tools now and know how to keep that fat off for good! When I freak out inside, I just remind myself that even though I may go on holiday and eat/drink way more than I plan to, I know how to fix it ; and fast (before it becomes a real problem again).

We have a 'fat safety net' for life now...called IP We've beaten this fat right off our butts & I know we can all keep it off! Personally, I'm going to do as suggested by many others and set a weight limit that I will jump back on Phase1 when (if!) I reach it.

I'll post a couple of my other breakfast ideas over the next few days.

Thanks to all of you ladies (& men) for your support & advice on this site over this journey.
meowmisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 162/132/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I have been using MyoFusion by Gaspari Nutrition. I got it at GNC and it comes in a big blue container. In one scoop, it has 147 cal, 3g fat, 5g carb (1g fiber) and 25g protein. I got it in Delicious Vanilla and I have been pretty impressed with it! It's available on Netrition.
Thanks for the info - I must admit after a couple of weeks of bacon/eggs for breakfast - I was totally burned out. I'm not a big breakfast eater and I really enjoy just having the protein drink in the morning. I've been on maintenance for about 6 weeks, had 2 weddings, a cruise and fixing to be on the road for about 4 weeks. I have only regained 3 lbs, which has become my top number. I follow maintenance plan most of the time, although I still prefer phase 2. Really loving the fresh summer vegtables.
rubyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:06 AM   #235  

After one day on Phase 2, I'm down 1.5 lb.!!!.. my body must've been ready for a shake-up... after my workout at the gym, gotta go grocery shopping for more meat...

For anybody in the Dakotas, praying for your safety... sounds like the flooding isn't over yet...

hugs
Aunt Sheshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 09:14 AM   #236  
Started IP 2/25/2011...

S/C/G: 204.5/ 145.0 /145.0

Height: 5' 5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
So, I have just begun phase 4 and I'm terrified. It is so weird to go from being in weight loss mode to being in maintenance mode. I'm just kind of afraid to eat, because I'm afraid I'll screw it all up. Yesterday was my first day of phase 4 and my last WI. It has been a pretty emotionally draining week and last night after I finished dinner (spaghetti squash spaghetti), I went and tried the new frozen yogurt place that opened a couple of months ago. It was emotional eating, but I can't change that. Anyway, I felt guilty after eating the yogurt. Then this morning I got on the scale (because I was curious) and was up 2.5 lbs from where I was yesterday (I'm not a daily weigher, I was just curious). And my period started this morning. I just don't really know what to do anymore.

Today, I ended up having a phase 3 breakfast, a phase 2 lunch and had a 1/2 cup of brown rice and 1/2 cup of NF greek yogurt with berries along with my yummy chicken for dinner. Does that sound okay?

I liked what Rocky Monarch said about creating a phase 4 protocol sheet and I think I'll sit down and do that this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Chick View Post
Mrs. D- I'm with you in spirit. I'm scared of how to make this really work, but I spent more time studying the original 'life after' thread today. You might want to spend some time there again if you haven't. BevS and others have some great posts. I'm sure you've read them before, but you might want to revisit.

You have the tools to get back on track if you need to, but my guess is you won't have to do anything drastic. Your body is just adjusting to this next phase. You are going to do well. Hang in there. I'll be with you in 7 days.
I am terrified of the concept of fewer guidelines in phase 4. For me, I know that I will start to keep a food journal and weigh several times a week to see how I am doing. I think I will also need to come up with several daily protocol/menu sheets so that I feel ok, and plan to put in some phase 2 days here and there after I have food that is high in sodium (my weight seems to jump on the morning after anything with soy). I talked to my coach about that, and she had some good advice: Don't worry too much if you have high sodium meal once or twice a week, but remember that any weight gain is cumulative so you have to recognize the behavior that causes it right away and compensate appropriately.

I wish you both the best. It really is helpful for the rest of us to read about your progress in maintenanace. Feel free to share any tips or menus that you create, too. I love eating healthy whole-grain carbs vicariously.
Pxlkitty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #237  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

I added scrambled eggs to my breakfast this morning to up my protein. Holy Moley that is a LOT of food!!

2 eggs scrambled
1 whole wheat light english muffin
1 c low fat yogurt
1 c blueberries

I'm surprised I still fit into my pants after eating!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:36 PM   #238  

I can't lie - most mornings, I still have my vanilla RTD & espresso shots. I love it. So, I'll get that as soon as I get to work (0630) and then have breakfast on my break (0830). Then I'm still getting all my protein.
Old 06-03-2011, 05:14 PM   #239  
Maintaining since 6/9/11

Do any of you still have bars or other IP snacks (puffs) in phase 3 or maintenance?
Old 06-05-2011, 12:51 AM   #240  

Bump
blkbmr06 is offline   Reply With Quote