3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226541-ip-weekend-chat-25-27-february-2011-a.html)

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulemom (Post 3731809)
I have a quick question. Is it okay to skip veggies at lunch ? I have the chicken soup and feel pretty full. Usually add more veggies for dinner. It has been amazing the past couple of days with no hunger. Sometimes look at the clock and realize that I missed lunch. Thanks for any info!!

Rulemom....

Doesn't matter when you eat them, as long as you have 4 cups.

For me to get them down, I start nibbling on them at 9 am because I know there is no way in **** I'm gonna eat 4 cups of veggies at dinner.

Ohhhh heres a thought for ya Camino....

Have you thought about throwing some veggies in with your salad? That's a good way to get them down too...

petiteandcute 02-26-2011 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quazar10 (Post 3731537)
Hi,

I am new to this forum and I have enjoyed reading all the posts, this is an awesome support group.

My sister lives in Cornwall, Ontario, Canada and she lost 55lbs in 4 months, 4 years ago, and she has kept it off by following a diet that is organic and healthy. She now teaches classes out of her home for people on maintenance after IP, to help them create healthy recipes for their families and continue maintaining their weight. She has a website so if anyone wants to see the healthy recipes they will be able to enjoy once they reach their goal weight check it out at: http://www.thehealthnut.ca/

In March 2008 I had my annual physical and my blood pressure was sky high, I weighed 175 lbs and I had tried every diet out there, nothing worked for me. My doctor put me on high blood pressure pills that I would have to be on for the rest of my life and she said in a couple of years I would have to take other drugs because there would be other symptoms that would have to be dealt with.

I was really upset, I don't even take a tylenol for a headache!!! I called my sister and she told me how to proceed with IP diet since it was not available in Calgary at the time. She gave me the diet and I was able to order the products online. In two months I lost 30 lbs. wow, I weighed 145 lbs. for the first time in years. I felt amazing and my clothes went from size 16 and Plus sizes to size 8 - 10. I was also keeping tabs on my blood pressure daily as I had purchased a blood pressure monitor from Costco. I could see that my blood pressure was really low so the next month I went to see my doctor and of course the first thing she saw was my huge weight loss, she was shocked. Then I showed her my blood pressure readings and she said I had done everything I had to do to get my health back. She immediately took me off the pills and I have never gone back on them. So much for being on drugs for the rest of my life that would have had all kinds of side effects over time.

I kept my weight off for quite a while but I had no support in Calgary as IP didn't exist and I wasn't able to follow all the Phases of the program which would have been really helpful. I gained about 10 lbs over two years which wasn't bad but in the last year I have become pre-menopausal (I am 54) and the weight just started creeping up, this depressed me and I started eating things I shouldn't have and I wasn't exercising. This January I weighed myself after Christmas and was shocked to see that I was up to 172.8 lbs UGHHHH As the IP program is now in Calgary, a friend and I both joined together and this time I will go through all the Phases and then make recipes from my sister's blog. In the first five weeks I have lost 16.8 lbs and 23 1/2 inches all over, amazing!!

So even if you are menopausal you will lose with this diet and if you follow all the Phases through to maintenance and eat healthy after that and exercise, you will keep it off. My sister is proof of that.

:cheer2::cheer3:

Thanks for posting your sister's site. I have already glanced at it and put it in my favorites. I know it will be helpful. I began phase 4 a week ago. I plan to stay this size and I feel like I now have the chance to eat differently than I ever have in my life. I am so thankful to be off of the carb cycle. Judy

couts71 02-26-2011 04:43 PM

Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 04:47 PM

WOW Couts!!!! You like amazing! Thanks for the incentive, and good luck with the team!!! :cheer2: <~~~~~ sideline cheerleader...

Can you tell I use to cheer? lol

JSP 02-26-2011 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couts71 (Post 3731832)
Well I have had a NSV and decided I am going to play indoor box lacrosse again. I haven't played for about 25 years and found a oldtimers league here at home to join. I have been afraid to play any sport just because I was too heavy but now I have no excuse and need to get active. I have also posted a updated picture of my weight loss after being on IP for 14 weeks if you wish to look click on the link at the bottom of my signature. Have a great IP day everyone.

Couts, you should be very proud, what an amazing transformation! You are always so upbeat and helpful, I am always glad to read your posts. :D

petiteandcute 02-26-2011 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calebs grandma (Post 3731691)
Checking in after a long absence .... wow, lots of new "faces"! Welcome everyone and :carrot:woo hoo! on all the NSV and weigh-ins this week.

I am officially in Phase 3 now .... my body needs a break and for some reason, those last 2 pounds won't go away! Finally figured it wasn't worth beating myself up over. I need to focus on the 47 pounds that I did lose -- not the 2 that seem to be hanging on for dear life!

I am having trouble with Phase 3 ... I really like the convenience of a carmel nut bar and a cup of hot tea every morning ... so actually having a real breakfast has been a problem. Trying to get my head around the idea and have put off starting Phase 3 until Monday.

The "good" news is that for the last two weeks, I've been acting like a bratty little kid. Haven't kept a food diary and although on plan 90 percent of the time, I have added an cup of yogurt, a slice of bread, or a small piece of dark chocolate once in a while. But, even doing that, I haven't experienced a weight gain. Makes me think I can keep this off and make good choices.

So, because I know phasing off is so important to the plan's success, I will go back to POP on Monday .... but if all goes well, will be on Phase 4 by mid March.

Now, my own NSV --- I bought a pair of size 8 jeans today!!!!!!!!!! From tight 18s to 8s in 6 months! Thank you, IP and this forum.

You dropped 5 sizes in clothes, I dropped from a 14 to a 6, making mine a drop of 4 sizes. All I can say is there is nothing like it. Although I had met my goal and wanted to move on, I found myself hesitating. I realized phase 1 and 2 had become a comfort zone for me. I like to cook, but I will admit that I had really enjoyed not having to cook breakfast. Once I got into phase 3 I began to enjoy it. I have finished 1 week on phase 4 and have continued to eat basically the same breakfast as I did on phase 3, but I now have the freedom to change my breakfast as I want. I want to enjoy my freedom, but stay within the guidelines of phase 4, to keep my weight where it is now. I know we both will succeed. Keep me posted. Judy

petiteandcute 02-26-2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

I just looked at your pictures. Lookin good!!! I know you feel great.

cmsgrrl 02-26-2011 05:29 PM

Couts - wowza!!! You should be so proud of yourself. And I wanted to add my thanks to you for being so supportive to the people on this forum.

Stacey41 02-26-2011 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mamarix1 (Post 3729612)
I am all for getting clothes that fit. Clothes that are too big are sloppy and you need to feel great! I am getting my clothes at the consignment store. I know this size will only be temporary so after I grow out of them I either give them to someone else, or give them to the goodwill.
I'm not buying new until I get to 150 then I'm heading to Dallas and going on a shopping spree. :encore:
I'm going to start a fund. Each pound lost must be worth something. HOW MUCH?

I did the same thing, and strongly recommend consignment/goodwill/etc. to everyone! You are not only losing weight, your body shape is changing. I really believe it is a great idea to buy "transition" clothing that you feel great in and looks great on you at your current weight. Then, when you don't need it anymore, donate it back because it has served its purpose. Someone else will be glad to get it. It's a win-win situation! :D

Maggiemagu 02-26-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3731764)
I have no desire to eat. I forced myself to have a RTD chocolate drink this morning. It is quarter to three in the afternoon and that is all I have had plus some water. I am heading into my 5th week of the protocol. I have been eating the pudding every day since I started - I am not enjoying it even with modifications (cinammon in chocolate, pumpkin pie in vanilla). I`m not a veggie person to begin with so spinach every day is getting old fast. I`m trying to stay focused on my goal, but with the protocol and the other stress in my life I feel like it is going to make me crazy more than anything else.

Have you tried blending your drinks and/or puddings with some ice the puddings come out nice and thick and the drinks I add a little extra water and have a drink that's like a shake, it's delish!!! Also I'm not a big veggie eater either and tend to stick to the same few BUT, I found that roasting them in the oven has become my favorite way to eat them, I would never eat cauliflower before but roasted it tastes great..Hope this helps a little.

woolberger 02-26-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

You look amazing. I think it's time to change your avatar!

Lynn

4meandbrandon 02-26-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3731177)
Morning everyone :)
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs :carrot:

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!

WOW! That's excellent! Keep it going.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3731195)
Has anyone ever noticed that the like icon that shows that were online
looks like I sunny side up egg?

Well there's my silly little thought for the day......just thought I would share.

You are heeeelarious !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa333 (Post 3731309)
Good morning everybody!!

Last week was HORRIBLE!! I cheated a lot I felt horrible I had stomach pain it was awefull, I didn't drink enough water, missed some vitamines SO, really bad week. I'm back on track this week and ON protocol. I can do this!

have a good OP day!

Put a period on last week and move on. You can never go back but you can make your future the way you want! Like life, we all fall down but the important thing is we get back up, otherwise we would be steppin over a lot a people walking to work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3731435)
Good Morning All

The scale finally moved this morning and I couldn't be happier.....I'm in the 150's finally, well 159.5 but It's good enough for me, I'm remotivated to get to my goal!!! YIPPIE!!!!

Tell the sooth fairy to head my way tonight !

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmilk (Post 3731600)
Very inspiring....great story! Keep up the good work

[QUOTE=Hollmark;3731256]I am a little frustrated, I know there was a scale debate going on here a few days ago and now I know what others were talking about. I had my WI last evening and the scale showed 165. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 160. I know the scale fluctuates, but 5 lbs is a big number. I guess maybe the time of my WI might be a factor. Just wanted to vent....thanks!![/QUOTE

My scale is always 2lbs off the clinic

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom (Post 3731340)
Good morning everyone! Checking in to see how everyone is doing. I haven't posted on here for awhile. I'm currently in Phoenix trying to get warm but they are having a chilly week here. It is still warmer than Iowa. At least there isn't any snow here. I have been off protocol since December and have made plans to restart IP as soon as I get home in a week. Hopefully I haven't done too much damage but the jeans feel tight. It's a funny feeling when you go off protocol just a few pounds makes me feel fat! Gearing my mind and body up to restart. I am hoping to finish this journey on IP by the time summer arrives and the wearing shorts time will be here. The mental part is the toughest.

Welcome back!

Everyone take care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3731400)
Ok, once again I'm running in here for help.

Going out to dinner with the MIL tonight, and we are going to Red Robin (YUM)

I would give my eye tooth for one of their burgers, so I have customizer my burger and it has calculated the the specs for me... (very cool webpage I must say) So what do you guys thing? Seems like a lot of fat (but then again, I don't know now many grams of fat I'm getting daily) and the sugar has me worried.

Shroom Burger - Patty and mushrooms only. No sauce, no bun, no cheese, no garlic butter....

Cal: 421
Fat: 28 g
Sodium 482 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
Weight: 282g - this seem way over weight, maybe eating 1/2 of the patty?
Sugar: 3 g

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

Good plan on having half and when you get there ask if they any lean meat.

Maggiemagu 02-26-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweety bird (Post 3731440)
Good for you congratulations on the last stretch sort of speak, hoping I get in my 50's soon. wieghrd myself this morning and was 163, last 10 lbs have been a struggle.

Thank you!!! You are doing spectacular, you will be there very soon and I will be watching :)

woolberger 02-26-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3730831)
I have been feeling the abdominal/stomach pain for a few days now - I saw my coach on Wednesday and she said nothing about it. The worst part I find is the fact that thinking of food makes me feel sick. I cannot think of anything else that would be causing my pain - it is not TOM, it is not gallbladder or appendix - I just wish it would all stop - it is making me want to quit the diet and I don`t want to do that. I am just feeling at a loss for what else to do. I am waiting to find out if I should be doing the cleanse or not - I am trying to focus on the protein while I am not feeling well, but honestly the thought of eating at all makes my stomach toss and I feel like I need to grab a garbage can.:mad::(

Camio,

I have been following your posts and I'm worried about you. I am not a doctor (but I am a nurse). Abdominal pain is NEVER normal. It doesn't mean you have something horribly wrong with you but it does need to be evaluated by a medical professional, not your coach. Abdominal pain with loss of appetite deserves a visit or at least a call to your primary care provider.

Let us know how you are doing.

Lynn

Maggiemagu 02-26-2011 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3731453)
maggie- we must be kindred souls....:hug: we both conquered the 160's just today! it is a rush isn't it when the numbers finally turn to the next 10's. i thought i would never get thru 160's but today it is worth it! here's to kicking 150's fat butt!

SV - i updated my tickers. hello 159! :carrot:

Rondar..Congrats to you as well, it does feel totally amazing!! I agree the 160's seem to take forever, so maybe that means 150's will fly by for both of us...Fingers and toes are crossed :hug:

tcswain 02-26-2011 06:27 PM

Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.

Mrs Diettrich 02-26-2011 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3731177)
Morning everyone :)
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs :carrot:

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!

Oooh Stacy, I'm so excited for you! That's great!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3731256)
I am a little frustrated, I know there was a scale debate going on here a few days ago and now I know what others were talking about. I had my WI last evening and the scale showed 165. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 160. I know the scale fluctuates, but 5 lbs is a big number. I guess maybe the time of my WI might be a factor. Just wanted to vent....thanks!!

How much water did you drink before your WI? I weighed my water bottles and found out that one of my 32 oz. bottles (filled) weighs 2 lbs. Don't worry too much about the scale discrepancy... I've gotten on the same scale 4 times in a row and got 4 different weights, spanning a 10 lb range. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3731319)
According to the new IP Phase 1 protocol sheet, muffins are no longer listed as restricted, but the pancakces are - do you not use the same package to make both?

I would think so! I'll have to look at the new phase 1 sheet... As soon as I find it. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmilk (Post 3731395)
Excellent Rondar, will try the vanilla + banana pineapple mix tomorrow...going out to buy some different packets now. By curiosity...how much do you guys pay for a box of 7 packets? Are we allowed to say or talk about this on the forum?

Also....what's the overall attitude towards IP'ers without coaches on this forum...is that frowned uponed here? Are we considered lucky, not lucky, deviant :devil:....lol

I pay $4/packet ($28/box) - my coach lets me buy by the packet. And I think a third of the people here are doing this on their own! There's no stigma here, as far as I know!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3731400)
Ok, once again I'm running in here for help.

Going out to dinner with the MIL tonight, and we are going to Red Robin (YUM)

I would give my eye tooth for one of their burgers, so I have customizer my burger and it has calculated the the specs for me... (very cool webpage I must say) So what do you guys thing? Seems like a lot of fat (but then again, I don't know now many grams of fat I'm getting daily) and the sugar has me worried.

Shroom Burger - Patty and mushrooms only. No sauce, no bun, no cheese, no garlic butter....

Cal: 421
Fat: 28 g
Sodium 482 g
Carbs: 8 g
Fiber: 4 g
Protein: 33 g
Weight: 282g - this seem way over weight, maybe eating 1/2 of the patty?
Sugar: 3 g

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it.

I know you've already gotten some of your questions answered, but I thought I'd chime in. I googled it and 1 ounce = 28 grams, so you're right, that's a giant burger. Saving half is a great plan. I've heard Red Robin is really flexible for those on protein diets and will bring you your :burger: wrapped in lettuce so you can pick it up. The only thing you might want to check on is if the mushrooms are sauteed in anythiing - knowing Red Robin, it's probably butter or something! Have fun! :cbg: (And I'm really glad it isn't the pizza place...) How is the visit going so far?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3731743)
Has anybody else experienced ridiculous mood swings? It seems like I am crying all the time lately for no reason. I don`t feel happy, I`m losing interest in the diet because of boredom and lack of appeal with the food choices from IP. I was expecting to feel better, happier but all I`m feeling is in a slump. My coach has no advice and I feel like I`m hitting a dead end.:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by woolberger (Post 3731972)
Camio,

I have been following your posts and I'm worried about you. I am not a doctor (but I am a nurse). Abdominal pain is NEVER normal. It doesn't mean you have something horribly wrong with you but it does need to be evaluated by a medical professional, not your coach. Abdominal pain with loss of appetite deserves a visit or at least a call to your primary care provider.

Let us know how you are doing.

Lynn

Lynn's right - time to talk to a doctor. Or maybe you need to take a week off the program and see if it changes anything about the way that you feel. Or do both. :hug:

4meandbrandon 02-26-2011 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcswain (Post 3731979)
Just got back from WI. I have lost another 4 pounds which brings my weight loss down to -56.2. My original goal was to lose 60 pounds but I am thinking I will move my goal back to 70 pounds. I plan to start phasing off at the end of March. One of my sons is getting married in mid June and I want to enjoy all the celebration / food, etc. Plus by the end of March I will have been on IP for six months (seven months including phasing off during April) and I think it will be a good time for a break.

That's great. Gives us all more endurance to keep going! keep us posted.

whosinthemirror 02-26-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

WOW!!! Jaw dropping kind of wow! You must feel SO fantastic! Congratulations on the lacrosse. I bet you never thought that would happen again! Enjoy life my friend!

ladyvrod 02-26-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3731743)
Has anybody else experienced ridiculous mood swings? It seems like I am crying all the time lately for no reason. I don`t feel happy, I`m losing interest in the diet because of boredom and lack of appeal with the food choices from IP. I was expecting to feel better, happier but all I`m feeling is in a slump. My coach has no advice and I feel like I`m hitting a dead end.:(

Quote:

Originally Posted by rulemom (Post 3731809)
I have a quick question. Is it okay to skip veggies at lunch ? I have the chicken soup and feel pretty full. Usually add more veggies for dinner. It has been amazing the past couple of days with no hunger. Sometimes look at the clock and realize that I missed lunch. Thanks for any info!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3731949)
Have you tried blending your drinks and/or puddings with some ice the puddings come out nice and thick and the drinks I add a little extra water and have a drink that's like a shake, it's delish!!! Also I'm not a big veggie eater either and tend to stick to the same few BUT, I found that roasting them in the oven has become my favorite way to eat them, I would never eat cauliflower before but roasted it tastes great..Hope this helps a little.

and Kale chips!! I took them to a party so I would have something on the appetizer table I could eat. I didn't get hardly any! Everyone loved them! and I put root beer flavored stevia in the vanilla RTD it tastes like a root beer float! YUM

Tweety bird 02-26-2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

You are looking good, be proud of what you have accomplished and for what you are about to accomplish.

Tweety bird 02-26-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3731949)

Maggie how long do you roast them for and at what tempeture. Do you have to add any water to them?

Lucky Chick 02-26-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

You've done such an incredible job! I'm really impressed. You might want to change your avatar picture... that new shot of you is HOT!

Maggiemagu 02-26-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweety bird (Post 3732056)
Maggie how long do you roast them for and at what tempeture. Do you have to add any water to them?

I roast my Asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms (leave them whole it works better) and cauliflower. The reason the cauliflower is my fav is because it doesn't shrink as much as the rest of the stuff does. You can bake it on about 400 turning when it's nice and brown, I don't have that much patience so I put them under the broiler and watch them closely. I put a little EVOO and sometimes some spice but that's it, then I dip them lightly in WF Caesar dressing..YUM!! Let me know if you try it.

mamarix1 02-26-2011 08:29 PM

veggies

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3732102)
I roast my Asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms (leave them whole it works better) and cauliflower. The reason the cauliflower is my fav is because it doesn't shrink as much as the rest of the stuff does. You can bake it on about 400 turning when it's nice and brown, I don't have that much patience so I put them under the broiler and watch them closely. I put a little EVOO and sometimes some spice but that's it, then I dip them lightly in WF Caesar dressing..YUM!! Let me know if you try it.

I put mine in a large zip lock bag and add lemon juice and a little EVOO. I use all the veggies Maggiemagu does. I cut the zucchini into 1/4" long slices.
I have a grill pan, you know the kind with all the little holes, and put them on the grill on med. turn them after 10 minutes when they have the lovely grill marks. yum you are correct, the cauliflower is AWESOME grilled. I have also sliced turnips and grilled them too. They are soooooooooo sweet!

mlee21 02-26-2011 08:30 PM

Hey guys I was wondering if water with lemons is allowed?
Plain water has been tasting weird for me the past couple days so I thought I'd just drop a lemon in there.

I know that there is a rule of no fruits allowed, so I'm wondering if this interferes at all.

Adrean 02-26-2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlee21 (Post 3732120)
Hey guys I was wondering if water with lemons is allowed?
Plain water has been tasting weird for me the past couple days so I thought I'd just drop a lemon in there.

I know that there is a rule of no fruits allowed, so I'm wondering if this interferes at all.

Lemon is allowed on the diet... the only fruit allowed actually

Mrs Diettrich 02-26-2011 08:40 PM

All that talk yesterday about rewarding ourselves had me thinking and I think I found my reward for when this is all over... I love Tiffany...

RachaelCash 02-26-2011 08:58 PM

Wow, great job. That is fantastic.

RachaelCash 02-26-2011 09:03 PM

Hello Everyone,
I am new to posting on the forum but I have been reading it for about 8 weeks now. Everyone here is so inspirational and helpful. Thank you so much and I look forward to being a more active member. Have a great night everyone.

Brenley 02-26-2011 09:08 PM

Quote:

WOW Couts congratulations.. your new pic is amazing.. you must be so proud of your accomplishment.. have fun playing lacrosse with the "new" you!!

HokieHi 02-26-2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Congrats! 6 months on IP is quite and accomplishment, great job :carrot:

HokieHi 02-26-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lulabellabeauty (Post 3731756)
Hi everyone! I have officially started the ideal protein diet two days ago and I'm on day 3!! I'm so excited to be doing this and as far as cheating goes, the first day I had one fish cracker, a super tiny bite of kiwi, and an extra portion of lean meat. Although, my coach did tell me to have an extra packet the first week since I would be hungry at first, which I didn't. But other than that, I've been OP since and I am amazed at myself! I never do this good on any diet!! I really feel that I'm gonna do great on this and as I've seen so much success on here with everyone else, I know I can have the same success too!!
I'm gonna be moving next week out of my apartment into a new one, so I will be pretty busy which will def. make things easier for me, but I may not be able to post too much after this weekend.

Good job on getting started! I was on IP for almost 2 weeks before I stopped for a week for a cruise vacation. That 2nd week is SO much easier. Now I am back on day 2 and struggling through the evening carb cravings again. I keep reminding myself that they do go away somewhat after a week.

juiceman11 02-26-2011 10:13 PM

I usually do not get on here over the weekend, but the wife is out with friends and I am home watching the kids.

I must say there are so many great posts, SV and NSV's! Congrats to all!

Got to give a shout out to my fellow male Couts71, great job my friend, you look amazing, what an awesome accomplishment. You are looking fantastic.

I saw my wife's grandparents today and they had not seen me since I started in Jan and they were shocked at how much thinner I was. They had a nice meal and I had my chicken tenders with a big salad. It was a nice meal.

Her grandpa gave me 3 XL button down shirts that do not fit him anymore. THEY FIT! They actually look pretty good on me according to my wife. Feels good to not have to wear XXLT's just barely keeping them tucked in. Great weekend.

Hope everyone keeps at it and has a great remainder of the weekend. Stay on Protocol and know this plan works. Stick to it and we will all see results. Thanks for all your support.

WE CAN DO THIS!

blastergirl411 02-26-2011 10:21 PM

Happy Saturday Everyone. I am finishing up day 3 and have not gone off track at all! I am super shocked since I am a big carboholic and sugar addict. When I get hungry I just grab a few slices of lean, low sodium turkey slices.

I am adding in some alternate products, like sugar free Jello and that helps.

So far I haven't felt too bad at all. I struggle with chronic headaches and pain so I am used to that and can't tell the difference. HA! I guess that is one good thing right?

Looking forward to continuing this journey!! And looking forward to some pancakes after week 2!!!!

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 10:31 PM

Hi gang! :wave:

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to dinner.

Red Robin was great and I followed thru the plan, but I have decide I really dont like doing the restaurant thing on this plan. I just dont feel in control in those places. But I survived. MIL... AGH!!! She grabs my hubby and asks..."Is Sherry smoking?" :roll: Well **** yea, I'm smoking, I have smoked for 25 years... ****.... like she doesn't know. She leaves tomorrow and now we are getting roped into taking her to airport... watch me bail out of that task.

Hope everyone is having a great OP night. I did good tonight, but I don't feel like I did. I love this plan, but I am sure anal and I really hope this doesn't throw me into some kind of nuttyness down the road. "Can't eat this, can't eat that, what are the carbs in there, become some kind of organic or vegan or some kind of way out there thing.

Thanks for letting me vent!

4meandbrandon 02-26-2011 10:43 PM

Quote:

[QUOTE=Coloradodivegirl;3732301]Hi gang! :wave:

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to

Im glad everything went well. I have avoided the restaurants so far but I think I may try outback tomorrow.

blastergirl411 02-26-2011 10:44 PM

I am not a big vegetable eater but would like to be. I need help though, please.

I haven't really had Cauliflower cooked, grilled just raw. I did not care for broccoli at all. I have never really had asparagus that wasn't covered in sauce. I don't like mushrooms.

Mostly just stick with cucumbers, pickles, onions, cabbage, celery, green beans, corn and carrots.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=4meandbrandon;3732315]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3732301)
Hi gang! :wave:

Well I'm back - sorry dashed out and didnt say bye. Had to run to work first then off to get MIL and go to

Im glad everything went well. I have avoided the restaurants so far but I think I may try outback tomorrow.

4mean, I would check out the menu online before you go, it really is a great idea, that way you to in focused and with a plan.

I know you'll do good!

paupau 02-26-2011 10:51 PM

well started IP 7 weeks ago and down 25lbs... I had a planned cheat weekend last weekend and lucky for me, still lost .04lbs...went straight back on plan on Monday and can't wait for my weigh in on wednesday. Today was a great day..took all my size20, 18 and 16 pants and my 1x and 2x tops to the consignment clothes store, so hopefully I can get a little shopping money back. Then went to our local thrift shop, where there was a 50 percent off sale. Bought 3 pairs of size 12 pants and some large tops! so pumped. don't want to spend alot of money on clothes right now, because the weight just keeps melting away...so if I can get a few items here and there to tide me over, than I'm happy! Now that was just my fall and winter clothes, haven't even touched my summer wardrobe yet! Tons of room in my closet now!