3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226541-ip-weekend-chat-25-27-february-2011-a.html)

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:37 PM

Here ya go...

Mojito Cocktail:
1 cup of Perrier
1 cup of Tap water
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___

All those extract are in the cake section of the grocery store. Mine are from club house I don't think they have some calories or carbs.. The ingredients are water, propylene glycol, alcohol and artificial flavour. I think that it's allright.. anyway, it's better than cheating!!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3730831)
I have been feeling the abdominal/stomach pain for a few days now - I saw my coach on Wednesday and she said nothing about it. The worst part I find is the fact that thinking of food makes me feel sick. I cannot think of anything else that would be causing my pain - it is not TOM, it is not gallbladder or appendix - I just wish it would all stop - it is making me want to quit the diet and I don`t want to do that. I am just feeling at a loss for what else to do. I am waiting to find out if I should be doing the cleanse or not - I am trying to focus on the protein while I am not feeling well, but honestly the thought of eating at all makes my stomach toss and I feel like I need to grab a garbage can.:mad::(

Camio.....

I think you should see your doctor. I have to wonder if you have kidney stones. This protocol can be a little rough on the kidneys, especially if your drinking all your water + some.

JMO, I am not a seasoned member here, as I am a newbie, but I don't think you should cleanse with you feeling this way.

At least your doctor and rule out some underlining conditions.

CBG 02-25-2011 10:48 PM

NSV Alert! NSV Alert! My 'new' smaller pants I purchased before Christmas were getting somewhat saggy and baggy and so went shopping and tried on the next smaller size. Pretty pleased that the size 11 fit perfectly! Matched them with a cute little top and have a new outfit I can't wait to wear to work on Monday. Of course I am planning to enjoy the weekend first! Had a great steak, steamed asparagus and am enjoying a lovely glass of red wine. Yup, it is 'cheat' day today on phase IV...think I might get used to this :)

rondar 02-25-2011 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmilk (Post 3730779)
Hey y'all... I'm a new kid on the block =) Been reading through the boards for a few weeks now and there were so many interesting things to read that I never got around to actually making a profile id. So here I am...

Unlike most of you, I DON'T have a coach...and am doing this all on my own.... So I'm finding it hard to keep myself in check and motivated...but this forum will surely help. I'm on mat leave...so this is the perfect time for me to do this as I have full control over my meals....no unexpected group lunches at work, etc.... Except...I have a girls night planned for Saturday and I'm tripping....trying to stay motivated to not drink alcohol and stick to a salad, dressing on the side. I'm sure it won't be easy. Do you think Smirnoff Ice Lite would be ok?? Zero carbs....

Say.....I've been looking for hours today to find something on the forum...maybe I haven't figured out how to search well yet...but I have a box of these Banana Pineapple shakes that are just making me gag... They taste so "artificial" and "chemical". I was wondering if there is anything to do with them...like recipes or mods so that I can at least use them up.

Any help with this would be appreciated!!

gotmilk- welcome! i don't have a coach either. no big deal considering we have 3FC forum. this is the best place! you could try mixing 1/2 banana pineapple with 1/2 vanilla. might cut the taste some? as for the smirnoff's......omg, i'm looking over my shoulder for a flying caramel nut bar just for sayin that.... :o... i would just NOT do it. i drank once since jan 3rd, and got sick as a dog. no offense alexis and jace... i was a pretty regular drinker too and i just went cold turkey. it sucks but i just brew another cup of tea waiting to phase off for my birthday. i know of another person on this forum who had the same "got sick" experience.

4meandbrandon 02-25-2011 10:50 PM

Oh my....I will be drinking mojitos this weekend, for sur as long as the extract is on protocol. But my coach did say it was okay for the cereal pancakes.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3730854)
omg, i'm looking over my shoulder for a flying caramel nut bar just for sayin that.... :o... i would just NOT do it. i drank once since jan 3rd, and got sick as a dog. no offense alexis and jace... .

:rofl:

:rofl:

For both comments!!!!

ljpmo55 02-25-2011 11:00 PM

Just finished my 1st week of IP and lost 8.6 lbs! I am amazed. My leader told me about this site and I am grateful for all your posts..love the tips!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBG (Post 3730853)
NSV Alert! NSV Alert! My 'new' smaller pants I purchased before Christmas were getting somewhat saggy and baggy and so went shopping and tried on the next smaller size. Pretty pleased that the size 11 fit perfectly! Matched them with a cute little top and have a new outfit I can't wait to wear to work on Monday. Of course I am planning to enjoy the weekend first! Had a great steak, steamed asparagus and am enjoying a lovely glass of red wine. Yup, it is 'cheat' day today on phase IV...think I might get used to this :)

Ohhh CBG, congrats to you!!! Have a sip of that red wine for me :)

I too was a wine drinker.. can't say as tho I miss it, but I know my first
cheat day, it will be on my list!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljpmo55 (Post 3730863)
Just finished my 1st week of IP and lost 8.6 lbs! I am amazed. My leader told me about this site and I am grateful for all your posts..love the tips!

:welcome: ljpmo!!!!!

WOW!!! You deserve a Wooo Hooo for that!!!! Congrats!

gotmilk 02-25-2011 11:15 PM

Excellent Sherry, thanks so much!! I will give them a try! And thanks for the welcome note =) Are you a diver? I am too....got certified 6 yrs ago ....my hubby is my buddy....we go on cruiseships just so we can dive in every caribbean destination. Fun isn't it??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730843)
Here ya go...

Mojito Cocktail:
1 cup of Perrier
1 cup of Tap water
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___

All those extract are in the cake section of the grocery store. Mine are from club house I don't think they have some calories or carbs.. The ingredients are water, propylene glycol, alcohol and artificial flavour. I think that it's allright.. anyway, it's better than cheating!!

4meandbrandon 02-25-2011 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljpmo55 (Post 3730863)

CONGRATS!! on the great week.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmilk (Post 3730883)
Excellent Sherry, thanks so much!! I will give them a try! And thanks for the welcome note =) Are you a diver? I am too....got certified 6 yrs ago ....my hubby is my buddy....we go on cruiseships just so we can dive in every caribbean destination. Fun isn't it??

Your welcome!

Yes, I'm a diver too. We aren't real big cruiseline divers, so many ports, there really isn't enough time to do a 2 tank dive, and I'm a "cruiser" type person that I'm on that boat an hour before it departs.

We just fly to an island and we usually do either 4 or 5 dives a day. We have been all over the world diving, put has been put on hold for a few years because of my hubby's back. I'm keeping my paws crossed that maybe by the end of the year we can dive again :swim:

gotmilk 02-25-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730894)
Your welcome!

Yes, I'm a diver too. We aren't real big cruiseline divers, so many ports, there really isn't enough time to do a 2 tank dive, and I'm a "cruiser" type person that I'm on that boat an hour before it departs.

We just fly to an island and we usually do either 4 or 5 dives a day. We have been all over the world diving, put has been put on hold for a few years because of my hubby's back. I'm keeping my paws crossed that maybe by the end of the year we can dive again :swim:

That's awesome...we were actually looking into doing either a liveaboard or 1 week in Roatan Honduras or Dominica.....we ended up doing neither as we were blessed with a little one this year....our diving is on hold until he's old enough to be left with grandpa and grandma for a week...I'm thinking 15 yrs? lol

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gotmilk (Post 3730902)
That's awesome...we were actually looking into doing either a liveaboard or 1 week in Roatan Honduras or Dominica.....we ended up doing neither as we were blessed with a little one this year....our diving is on hold until he's old enough to be left with grandpa and grandma for a week...I'm thinking 15 yrs? lol

LOL... Well congrats on your little one...

Maybe at 12, you can get him certified and he can dive with you guys!

in4life 02-25-2011 11:51 PM

I stayed on plan all day today! I'll tune it tomorrow!

petiteandcute 02-26-2011 12:42 AM

Just stopped by to say hi. I read the post, welcome to the new people and I hope everyone has a good weekend. I'm learning what phase 4 is all about. I wonder if I will ever return to some foods I ate before Ip. So far there are some foods I don't want. I hope my attitude toward food has changed. I want to be able to continue to say no when I decide I need to. I am enjoying my new size and I want to keep it. Good nite, Judy

momoffive 02-26-2011 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinO (Post 3729736)
Morning Ladies and Gents.... gosh I feel like this is rude of me to brag about my weigh in - but I guess that is PART of the reason we are all doing this right - so... drum roll please.... week 1 - down 6.4 lbs and 4 inches ;)

Congrats!!! Thats awesome!!!

momoffive 02-26-2011 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3730022)
Hi all,
I've rewarded myself with a cut and color. I would like to get my nose pieced, too. I am a 36 year old mom and I know mom's a lot older with nose piercings!!

I'm doing that for my 20 lb loss mark too, but wondering about the 50 lb. I am turning 36 soon too.. hmmm;)

momoffive 02-26-2011 01:47 AM

Sorry to bug everyone, but I looked on both recipe threads and couldn't find what I had seen last week. I am looking for a recipe that uses the orange pancake mix, but it makes 3 little muffins? I was really excited to try that, so I bought the mix, but now can't find the recipe? Whoever wrote that, could they tell me which page or where or whatever? I have looked for 30 mins and I am too tired. Thanks so much.

Tweety bird 02-26-2011 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couts71 (Post 3730217)
Thanks Girl, you are looking pretty fantastic yourself keep up what you are doing.

You are doing great and I enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work. You are and inspiration to alot of us and you are showing us that it can be done.

Tweety bird 02-26-2011 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3730734)
Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.

I started the floralax about 1 week ago and on Wednessday I had diarrhea for most of the evening and abdominal cramping. I blame it on the floralax myself. Cut the florax down to one tablet a day , and have not really had a good BM since Wednessday. Feeling a bit bloated, use to haveing one every day before starting the diet.

Beachbella 02-26-2011 05:44 AM

momoffive - did a little research on those muffins. I found this on the site...do not know if this was the recipe or not....

MINI MUFFINS
35ml cold water, mix with 1 pack of Ideal Protein choc. crepe (or orange)
Put in small muffin tins
bake 350 degrees for 10min or put in microwave safe cup for 45 seconds.Can be topped with IP pudding of choice.

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 08:33 AM

Good Morning! :coffee:

I had a blast last night hanging out here. My other blog isn't too happy
with me because I haven't been over there much as I'm usually here.

I'll hang out here for a few, drink my :coffee: & RTD.

Hope everyone has a great OP day!!!

If there is anyone who is feeling weak, I'm leaving you some :dust:

ontariophotogal 02-26-2011 08:45 AM

Morning everyone :)
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

14.5 lbs :carrot:

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3731177)
I just have a quick second to check in before I'm off for the day but wanted to share with you all. Had my first official weigh in this morning and although she didn't measure me this week I am down.....

I couldn't be happier! Thank you all so much for helping me through this week. I'm looking forward to the new me!

OMG... YEA for you Ogal!!!!!

This is me ~~~> :cheer:

That's the way to do it!!! Have a great day! I know you will, with that great news tucked in your pocket. :)

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 09:02 AM

Has anyone ever noticed that the like icon that shows that were online
looks like I sunny side up egg?

Well there's my silly little thought for the day......just thought I would share.

jupiter 02-26-2011 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3731195)
Has anyone ever noticed that the like icon that shows that were online
looks like I sunny side up egg?

Well there's my silly little thought for the day......just thought I would share.

lol, that was my first thought also!!!

jupiter 02-26-2011 09:06 AM

Someone needs to start another "Life After Phase 1" thread since the other one is closed. I really like reading those two threads. Lots of info in there and it keeps me on track.

Coloradodivegirl 02-26-2011 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3731198)
Someone needs to start another "Life After Phase 1" thread since the other one is closed. I really like reading those two threads. Lots of info in there and it keeps me on track.

Hi Jupiter...

I hang out over there reading too. Don't look at me to start a new thread, I always seem to mess them up, I'm sure one of the seasoned members will do that for us.

Doesn't it look like phase 4 is corn-fusing? YIKES. Should be interesting for me, as I'm not a big breakfast eater, and with my work schedule, that just isn't "real life." I know me, I will research the **** out of it, and come up with something.

Hollmark 02-26-2011 09:51 AM

Quote:

WOW!!! Congratulations...that is awesome!!!

Hollmark 02-26-2011 09:55 AM

I am a little frustrated, I know there was a scale debate going on here a few days ago and now I know what others were talking about. I had my WI last evening and the scale showed 165. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 160. I know the scale fluctuates, but 5 lbs is a big number. I guess maybe the time of my WI might be a factor. Just wanted to vent....thanks!!

cmsgrrl 02-26-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Ontario way to go on losing 14.5 lbs. Now don't you feel better about sticking to protocol?

rulemom 02-26-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by in4life (Post 3730914)
I stayed on plan all day today! I'll tune it tomorrow!

That's the way to do it. One meal,one day one week!!! Every Wednesday after I get weighed and lose weight I think one week wasn't so bad. I will try again for one more week. It has been six weeks now I am feeling better and looking better. I believe my tummy is shrinking!!! Just yesterday I felt "skinny"my tummy is even flatter. Stay with it and you will see results!!! Good luck with today!!!:smug:

Hollmark 02-26-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3731198)

Hey Girlie... Try to stay warm, it's pretty cold out there!! I check the weather daily cause my husband is still working in Regina..oh let me rephrase that, he is freezing his buns off out there!! LOL It's cold here, but not as cold is it is there. Kinda makes it hard to do outdoor activities when it's -43!!
Hang in there, spring has to come soon!!

cmsgrrl 02-26-2011 10:04 AM

Good Morning Sherry. I am drinking my :coffee: as well.

ontariophotogal 02-26-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3731256)
I am a little frustrated, I know there was a scale debate going on here a few days ago and now I know what others were talking about. I had my WI last evening and the scale showed 165. I hopped on the scale this morning and it read 160. I know the scale fluctuates, but 5 lbs is a big number. I guess maybe the time of my WI might be a factor. Just wanted to vent....thanks!!

Were both readings on the same scale? I've noticed about a 4lb difference between mine and the one at the clinic I go to...(the one at the clinic is nicer to me). I'm sure you know this but no two scales are the same and what my coach has recommended I do is not bother with mine at home at this point and just stick with hers. I agree with what she said too in that as long as we're staying OP, it'll work :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3731266)
Ontario way to go on losing 14.5 lbs. Now don't you feel better about sticking to protocol?

Absolutely :carrot:

jupiter 02-26-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3731269)
Hey Girlie... Try to stay warm, it's pretty cold out there!! I check the weather daily cause my husband is still working in Regina..oh let me rephrase that, he is freezing his buns off out there!! LOL It's cold here, but not as cold is it is there. Kinda makes it hard to do outdoor activities when it's -43!!
Hang in there, spring has to come soon!!

I am trying to stay warm!!! It is about 5 degrees warmer this morning then yesterday morning!! Makes feeding the cattle a challenge that is for sure. Blew a leak in one of the hydrolic hoses on the tractor.

I hope your husband doesn't have to work outside in this weather!!!

jupiter 02-26-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3731204)
Hi Jupiter...

I hang out over there reading too. Don't look at me to start a new thread, I always seem to mess them up, I'm sure one of the seasoned members will do that for us.

Doesn't it look like phase 4 is corn-fusing? YIKES. Should be interesting for me, as I'm not a big breakfast eater, and with my work schedule, that just isn't "real life." I know me, I will research the **** out of it, and come up with something.

I see svelting started another one!!!

I have been studying the phase 3 and 4 protocol sheets and reading those threads since I started IP hahaha.

Vanessa333 02-26-2011 10:36 AM

Good morning everybody!!

Last week was HORRIBLE!! I cheated a lot I felt horrible I had stomach pain it was awefull, I didn't drink enough water, missed some vitamines SO, really bad week. I'm back on track this week and ON protocol. I can do this!

have a good OP day!

Camio87 02-26-2011 10:42 AM

muffins/crepes

According to the new IP Phase 1 protocol sheet, muffins are no longer listed as restricted, but the pancakces are - do you not use the same package to make both?