3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Weekend Chat - 25-27 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/226541-ip-weekend-chat-25-27-february-2011-a.html)

4meandbrandon 02-25-2011 07:59 PM

whoops.....I meant carbs.......ill blame ky spell check

cmsgrrl 02-25-2011 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccerdixie (Post 3729506)
So happy it's Friday!!! Missed WI this morning going to try and go tomorrow morning....I don't think I lost and pounds but I notice the inches i have lost since most of my work clothes are not fitting. So the question is do I buy new clothes or not?

I hope everyone had a great day and I look forward to reading all of the NSVs and SVs........

Happy Friday!! Have a great weekend:carrot:

Check out the consignment shops in your area, goodwill etc. to find some transition clothes. I purchased some Lee jeans from the VF outlet in a smaller size in December. Too bad I didn’t get some 12’s & 10’s at $11 each!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beachbella (Post 3730290)
I am taking one for the team and will let you know how I am doing.

You are sooo brave :cool: ! Thank you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinO (Post 3730511)
Okay guys - I am literally having a hormone fueled mental break down right now. Today was good in general - worked and got my nails done in prep. for my trip...... then I came home..... just in time to witness the pizza delivery guy pull up and deliver a pizza to my family - well if that wasn't enough to make me want to cry - I unhappily ate my grilled chicken and broc. - blah. I somewhat got over myself just in time to go through my new food order- I had to order for over a week as I am away until Monday 3/1 - well wouldn't you know - the clinic messed up my order - they shorted me 6 of my lunch packets - chili, spag., etc. GRRR. I left them a message - but I know they wont get it until Monday - and by then I will be gone....

I want to cry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! argh!

Sorry for the drama! lol.

Erin get yourself to Walmart and purchase some pure protein bars in chocolate peanut butter. A little more calories than IP but around the same protein. Use one of them as a restricted once a day.

4meandbrandon 02-25-2011 08:02 PM

Omg....I give up

wendyiris 02-25-2011 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by couts71 (Post 3730180)
Just had WI#14 today and I am happy to say that I am down -3.8 lbs for a total weight loss of -78.2 lbs since starting IP. I have also lost 5.5 inches this week for a total loss of 54 inches since starting IP. I hope everyone has a AWESOME weekend and good luck to everyone on their weight loss journey.

Awesome news on your loss of weight and inches! I've been recovering from knee surgery...not weight on it for 6 weeks! I'm going stir-crazy already. I am going to try to weigh myself tomorrow on my usual day (it's been a week since the surgery) and get back on protocol. Keep up the great work!

wendyiris 02-25-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. I know I am. I went to my WI and I am down -5 lb this week. Which is a total 42 lbs in 8 weeks. I have never in my life been on a diet that I have lost this much weight already. I am on cloud nine right now. It is totally unbelievable.

So as promised for the newbies out there I started the Novi Cleanse today sold by IP. It is for 23 days and it cost me $67.00. I have a sheet of instructions that I will scan to email and then post to you guys on Monday. So here's to my 23 day cleanse journey. I am told parts will be ugly while the toxic waste is being eliminated from my body but I am up for the challenge. My coach recommends the cleanse after AT LEAST 4 weeks of being on IP stage 1. Just a FYI for everyone. So this one is for you newbies, I am taking one for the team and will let you know how I am doing.

Yeah! Congrats on your loss!

Mrs Diettrich 02-25-2011 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinO (Post 3730511)
Okay guys - I am literally having a hormone fueled mental break down right now. Today was good in general - worked and got my nails done in prep. for my trip...... then I came home..... just in time to witness the pizza delivery guy pull up and deliver a pizza to my family - well if that wasn't enough to make me want to cry - I unhappily ate my grilled chicken and broc. - blah. I somewhat got over myself just in time to go through my new food order- I had to order for over a week as I am away until Monday 3/1 - well wouldn't you know - the clinic messed up my order - they shorted me 6 of my lunch packets - chili, spag., etc. GRRR. I left them a message - but I know they wont get it until Monday - and by then I will be gone....

So, did your clinic give you something else instead, or just 6 fewer packets than you ordered? I agree with Chris - if you have Costco, they have some great protein shakes by Pure Protein, they come in chocolate & vanilla in 18 packs for $23 or so... Those are good to have on hand. At Wal-Mart (or maybe even the grocery store), you can find EAS CarbControl shakes - not my favorite, but they'll do in a pinch. You can get protein powder at GNC... Check out the Alternatives thread for more ideas. In a pinch, you can have eggs for breakfast and do meat at both lunch & dinner as more of a phase 2 thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730512)
Thank you Mrs. D & Rondar!

For calming me down. I know this sounds nutty, but I just feel like I want it out of me... lol. I guess going home and doing some hard dancing probably isn't the answer either, is it?

I know it's not the end of the protocol world, but I don't like it, not one
little bit.

I guess I should try and put it behind me. *whew*

Well, a little dancing never hurt anything. I know you don't like it, but you're the one that ate it. There was no one holding a gun to your head, was there? :hug: Forgive yourself and move on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4meandbrandon (Post 3730597)
Got a quick question.....I try to stay away from restricted but is it better to have them in the morning vs. Late at night???????.......mmmmmmm. I ask because when we can add crabs its in the morning from my understanding. I'm trying to treat myself with restricted instead of a cheat.

Morning is better than late at night, just because your night snack is designed to give your body protein to burn at night and restricted packets have less protein in them that is also more difficult for your body to access. The protein in the "liquid" packets is more easily accessible by your body. But you can also have your restricted packet at lunch...

Coastalcrafter 02-25-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Got a quick question.....I try to stay away from restricted but is it better to have them in the morning vs. Late at night???????.......mmmmmmm. I ask because when we can add crabs its in the morning from my understanding. I'm trying to treat myself with restricted instead of a cheat.

Thanks for the laugh.. at first I thought you wanted to add Crab to your shakes..hahahaha
hey we all have oopsies with the keyboard..
glad you joined us!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 08:28 PM

Quote:

Hi 4mean :wave:

I THINK you can have a restricted anything, but I THINK they recommend you don't have them for your evening snack.

But, imho if you feel a cheat, doesn't matter what time of day, it's better to restricted then a real cheat...

KY spell check... LMAO!!!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 08:31 PM

Whoopsss...

4mean is rubbing off on me.... lol

ANYTIME... lol

Maggiemagu 02-25-2011 08:35 PM

Hello my IP friends and happy Friday!!!

Rondar....I want to pierce my belly button, I will be 45 this year and married 25 years but I don't care I'm going to wear a bikini (which I have never in my life worn) and show off my belly button ring :)

Another idea is both my husband and son (my other son will to when he is 18)have matching tattoos with the kanji sign for strength, I may do that as well to remind me of the strength it took to get the weight off and a reminder of the strength I will need to keep the weight off.

NSV...I have a pair of Jeans 10's that I was finally able to take the tags off of and wear today (they were actually loose), bought them in November and grew right out of them, now I shrunk back into them!!! YIPPIE!!!

rondar 02-25-2011 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730364)
Oh thank you, thank you, thank you Rondar & Jace!

So this will probably slow down the weight loss, is that true?

***pet pet pet*** cute Jace on the head... :)

sherry- if you ingested say 500 cal in oil, it will set you back 500 of the approximately 3500 needed to lose a pound. i wouldn't worry about it much. the important thing is not cheating with a carb. THAT would set you back to day 1, and you would have to induce ketosis all over again. so in the big picture, i would say you chose the lesser of two evils!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrean (Post 3730451)
is anyone having an issue with meg dry skin?? mine is usually dry (nice Alberta winters for ya!) but it has been esspecially dry since I started this diet and I am getting what looks like exzema on one of my hands. Any suggestions on how to deal with this? I am going through lotion at a very rapid rate!

adrean- coconut oil or olive oil. i prefer coconut oil to anything else. pm me if you want more info about brand, where to buy and easy ways to use it. dermatologist likes me to use Vanicream available at costco in the pharmacy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3730566)
Sure- send me your email thru a personal message,where I can you send you some pics, and I will reply with my email .. Then send me a pic of your face and I'll give you more ideas.. glad to help!

I gave DAMGI (from the IP boards) a new cut and foil highlights, and she loves it! She's been back again and again! .. and she looks great!! from size 14 to size 6 and slim!!!

coastal- will do!

Quote:

4meandbrandon- i'm not sure i understand your question, but i'll give it a shot. logic would lead me to say the higher carb products would have more time to be used over the course of the day if you have them early vs. late at night. Total carbs should only be 20-25 per day including all the veggies and IP foods. I wouldn't ADD any bar to the scheduled foods, but perhaps position it as your snack and place it where you need it most during your day and even have a nibble here or there or half in the am and half in the pm. does that help?

4meandbrandon 02-25-2011 08:49 PM

Thanks all...it seems like every week I'm tweaking IP to maximize the benefits. I have had to switch my main meal to lunch which is working out better. I hate going to bed feeling stuffed after having my third packet.

Mrs Diettrich 02-25-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3729873)
hi all!

has anyone else been feeling urges to somehow mark the weightloss milestone in their life when you hit goal?

like a new tatoo, drasticly different hair cut, job change, completing a "bucket list" item or something significant like that?

i'm not all the way there yet, but find i'm having an internal yearning to do "something".

comments please... and if yes, please what the action is why the action is significant to you.

have a great day everyone! and welcome back carla!

I think that this is a totally normal feeling - I mean, you are going through a MAJOR life change. Maybe it's a drastic hair change - a lot of people with long hair are unwilling to cut it because it's their veil, something to hide behind. Or they've always thought that when they were heavier, they couldn't pull off a cute short haircut, so now they're cutting it all off. For some people, their entire life is changed by weight loss and through the process, they have realized that in more than just their physical appearance, they're "settled" for less than they deserve. Losing the weight frees them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyonIP (Post 3729916)
Carla glad you had a chance to pop in here.:hug:

Yesterday I had my WI. I was only down .6 pounds but that put me at exactly 61 pounds lost, but its also TOM.
My coach told me that I was the most drastic case as far as before/after success! WOW, I couldn't believe that! ME??? So she wanted me to do a testimony of IP and put it in the newsletter with pics.

Yay for you! Is it on to phase 3 now? You'll have to send us the link to the newsletter, or just scan it in here so we can see it! Or mail it to me and I will. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3729921)
hi rondar! i'm not sure yet, but i was thinking about cutting all of my hair off. i have really long hair that goes to the small of my back. i've had it this way for the last 6 years. i was thinking that if losing weight is going to give me a different body, why not completely change my hair so that i look almost unrecognizable? i think it would be fun. i like to think about running into people that i haven't seen in a year (after the weight is lost and the hair is gone) and them not even knowing it was me. to me, that seems like the ultimate reward... if that makes sense.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rondar (Post 3730113)
long division- you could donate your hair to locks of love....how awesome would that be???

Quote:

Originally Posted by longdivision (Post 3730148)
oh, absolutely! that is something i have always wanted to do anyhow since my mom has had cancer twice already and my aunt died of cervical cancer. locks of love is a great cause!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter (Post 3730340)
Just so you know- 'locks of love' requires 12" of hair length or more( has to be tied before cutting) you can google Locks of Love and print out the form. ( I have done it) Now 'wigs for kids" will take 10" or more.. Each site has requirements. It takes about 8-12 donations of hair to make a wig..
The volunteers separate the hair by colors and length. It's quite a process. Both are wonderful causes!

If I may suggest, You'd look great with hair just below your shoulders with a dragged forward angle in front that would create layers down the sides, and you could even do a side bang to show off that pretty face! Or ir you decide to go braver, I have some cute pics I could send you..

May I suggest donating your hair to Pantene's Beautiful Lengths program, rather than Locks of Love? BL actually gives away the wigs to patients while LoL requires payment, either through a sponsorship by someone else, or from the actual patient. And longdivision, I think you'd be gorgeous with short hair! I think it's a great idea! (then again, I'm obvs a fan of short hair... :D)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3729954)
I have been feeling under the weather for a couple of weeks now. I know it is mostly just a cold, but the last couple of days I have felt really sick to my stomach. I am having to force myself to eat and it is just making me feel worse. I am taking the Floralax daily (with supper) as well as the multi, cal-mag and pot-cal. I also take an Omega 3 and Enzymes. Should I continue to force myself to eat? Will it stall my progress if I don`t?

At the very least, I'd try to get all your packets in, and if you can get some veggies in, that's a bonus. Forcing yourself to eat when you REALLY aren't feeling like it (and then them making you feel worse) isn't going to help you out at all. Maybe try to eat an egg or two a day also. Then your body is getting calories and protein and you're giving your system a little rest. I'd keep up with the floralax though, because without the veggies, you're more likely to be dealing with the big C. Feel better! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3730049)
Great topic...I think about this lots and have decided jewelry is in my future- jewelry has marked significant occasions in my life (wedding, birth of my daughter) so why not mark this significant occasion with something just for me--every time I look at it I will be reminded of how far I have come.

This is a great idea - I love Tiffany jewelry and think that hitting my goal might be the time to pick out something new. After all, I got my first piece the week that I moved across the country with a friend to try life on my own - it's the teardrop necklace and is symbolic of the tears of joy and sadness that I cried throughout the whole process. It's still my favorite necklace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joliebug82 (Post 3730074)
I'm not interested in a piercing or tattoo, and my hair changes frequently anyway, so I'll be following Mrs. D's fabulous example and getting my boobs fixed. I don't want them smaller, just higher! I'd like to do a full body lift (thanks to those pesky twins!).

Start saving girl! So far my hospital bills are up to $37,000 for this experience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sister Kate (Post 3730186)
Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheekyWit (Post 3730219)
Aspartame can sometimes fool the body into gearing up for sugar (meaning insulin is produced, pancreas is pumping etc) so you may want to avoid aspartame if possible. Also one thing that helped me with hunger and I feel a :rollpin: coming on...but getting a bit more fat. I know for me the allotted 2 tsps of fat/olive oil was not enough...and even consuming another packet didn't help as it just gave me more carbs when what I needed was fat. You may want to try eating an egg (I eat mine hard boiled) and I mean the WHOLE EGG. For me doing this with a bit more olive oil helped immensely. (and actually helped me lose more weight)

Are you taking the IP supplements? what type of salad are you eating? how about your veggies? Which packets are you consuming and when? How tall are you? If you could let us know what you have done so far today maybe we can help by going over your diet line by line.

Hang in there ... and let us know exactly what you are doing:hug:

I don't have any advice to you, especially since you haven't posted what your daily intake of food looks like (that would really be helpful - specific veggies you're eating, packets, what you put in your coffee, etc). What does your coach say? I have to say, my hat is off to you - I would never make it 19 days feeling that way. How much have you lost already? Have you gotten any ketostix to see if you are showing ANY ketones in your urine? For some people, the body responds to aspartame in a similar manner as it does to sugar - that's why it isn't advised. I agree with Cheeky - a little extra fat might help you just feel better. Even a restricted packet might help.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 08:52 PM

Thanks for your imput Rondar....

I guess it's not all that bad, but I don't want to be set back at all! lol.

Time to move pass it.

Tho this should be an interesting weekend as my MIL is in from Houston.
They are already talking about going out to breakfast in the morning and dinner tomorrow night (the kids get to choose the dinner restaurant) I just have a feeling it will be some pizza joint. AGH!

Mrs Diettrich 02-25-2011 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730668)
Thanks for your imput Rondar....

I guess it's not all that bad, but I don't want to be set back at all! lol.

Time to move pass it.

Tho this should be an interesting weekend as my MIL is in from Houston.
They are already talking about going out to breakfast in the morning and dinner tomorrow night (the kids get to choose the dinner restaurant) I just have a feeling it will be some pizza joint. AGH!

Well, if you want to eat breakfast at the restaurant, you could treat breakfast as your "real" meal of the day, get eggs, or a ham & veggie omelet. Then just get a salad at the pizza place. You could even bring extra veggies with you for your salad so that you knew you were getting your 2 cups in.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3730672)
Well, if you want to eat breakfast at the restaurant, you could treat breakfast as your "real" meal of the day, get eggs, or a ham & veggie omelet. Then just get a salad at the pizza place. You could even bring extra veggies with you for your salad so that you knew you were getting your 2 cups in.

Well thanks Mrs. D....

I feel a like misguided by restaurants after today.. lol. An don't they usually add milk or something to their eggs for scrambling or omletes. I could get poached eggs I guess, that would work.

Here's another issue, I LOVE my RTD's... lol

I'm definately planning on just a salad at dinner, especially if it's a pizza joint. I'm gonna have hubby try and find out where they are thinking about going before I have lunch so I have a plan and I can look at a online menu.

Yea know I hate to say it.. I just don't like interruptions in my life on this plan, plus my MIL is one of those "Oh heck, two bites won't hurt ya" Couldn't you just &itch slap someone when they say crap like that?

Sorry, I'm venting.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:06 PM

**running for my shaker and :cb: pudding for dinner**

:hun:

cmsgrrl 02-25-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730679)
Well thanks Mrs. D....

I feel a like misguided by restaurants after today.. lol. An don't they usually add milk or something to their eggs for scrambling or omletes. I could get poached eggs I guess, that would work.

I'm definately planning on just a salad at dinner, especially if it's a pizza joint. I'm gonna have hubby try and find out where they are thinking about going before I have lunch so I have a plan and I can look at a online menu.

Yea know I hate to say it.. I just don't like interruptions in my life on this plan, plus my MIL is one of those "Oh heck, two bites won't hurt ya" Couldn't you just &itch slap someone when they say crap like that?

Sorry, I'm venting.

Sherry your posts always make me smile. It will be OKAY the extra oil you had a lunch. It will make your skin not as dry and it is a good for you oil.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3730688)
Sherry your posts always make me smile. It will be OKAY the extra oil you had a lunch. It will make your skin not as dry and it is a good for you oil.

Awwww, I'm glad I can make ya :) CMS! That makes me happy.

Glad to hear there's a silver lining to a boo boo that I made today,
god knows I need help in the dry skin department.

I have always had really dry skin (thanks Colorado) and I know of Rondar's
trick with the coconut oil and an used deoderant casing. I can't wait to try it!
I even have coconut oil that I bought about 2 weeks ago. I really need to put it in the shower with me. :)

Does it really work in your hair too? I thought about putting it just on my lenght, but then I kind of freaked out... lol (yea, imagine that... lol)

rondar 02-25-2011 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maggiemagu (Post 3730653)
Hello my IP friends and happy Friday!!!

Rondar....I want to pierce my belly button, I will be 45 this year and married 25 years but I don't care I'm going to wear a bikini (which I have never in my life worn) and show off my belly button ring :)

Another idea is both my husband and son (my other son will to when he is 18)have matching tattoos with the kanji sign for strength, I may do that as well to remind me of the strength it took to get the weight off and a reminder of the strength I will need to keep the weight off.

NSV...I have a pair of Jeans 10's that I was finally able to take the tags off of and wear today (they were actually loose), bought them in November and grew right out of them, now I shrunk back into them!!! YIPPIE!!!

maggiemagu- i would have to be able to find my belly button first to pull of the belly button ring.....:D

Quote:

Day 19 and and starving. Someone please help out. I have posted before about not being in ketosis, and still am not. I even email the Ideal Protein website, but got no response. Does the hunger ever pass? I had my bloodwork done, and all is perfect, but am dog tired and frustrated. I already had an extra packet today, but it just ain't cutting it. I have been chewing sugar free gum, til my gums hurt. I don't expect any great loss on Monday for my weigh in - so if I'm not in ketosis, can having aspertane hurt? Please forward any pointers if you can be of help - frustrated and in a snow storm in Atlantic Canada....

sister kate- i'll prob catch H*!! for this but i recommend reading some atkins material about forcing ketosis. i'm going to white out the next few lines so others don't have to see anything off protocol....* you could probably google "forcing ketosis" or "ketosis resistance". it i were in your shoes, i would carefully calculate ALL of my carbs and make sure i was under 20. exercise to help burn the glycogen stores in the body. drink lots of water. you've probably done all that, right? if so, i would knock out the carbs completely for 1-3 days and use only animal proteins and fat. that....my friend.... will surely do the job. i speak from experience on that one.... i never even heard of ideal protein packets the first time i used a ketogenic diet... also nectar by syntrax has zero carbs for a whey protein isolate. i get it from netrition. you can pm me anytime for more details. *

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:21 PM

ok honestly... I have to admit....

I LOVE white :write:... (lol) I feel like I'm sneaking in for a peak of something bad... LOL. Then again, I LOVE secrets, ohhh and the secrets I will take with my to my grave... :o

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:26 PM

Hmmmmm....

I wonder where Amber's been. I wonder if she's mad at me for :kickbutt: her. I haven't seen her since....

Sorry Amber, come back and tell us how your doing!

rondar 02-25-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730679)
Well thanks Mrs. D....

Sorry, I'm venting.

sherry- hmmmm......i always wanted to &itch slap my ex MIL anyways...:D PM me if you want some coconut oil education!!

erino- my fam pulled the bad word, round, flat flying saucer food thing delivery on me my first week. OMG i actually yelled at them went in my bedroom and slammed the door! pretty juvenile, right?! but after i collected myself i joked with my 16 year old that maybe i could lick the cardboard (DH rushed the box outside to the trash) That's when it got easier for me. i accepted that the tv wasn't going to quit running food commercials, people around me were not going to stop eating, restaurants and stores would still stand, and now i'm ok with that. it was my choice to over eat and gain weight. Now I choose to honor my body by losing it and no one around me has to pay a price for it. i'm so much happier and balanced having made the conscious decision to let it go! have a great trip!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:35 PM

LOL Rondar..... :)

**running to PM Rondar & Jace**

*pet pet pet*

Camio87 02-25-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

At the very least, I'd try to get all your packets in, and if you can get some veggies in, that's a bonus. Forcing yourself to eat when you REALLY aren't feeling like it (and then them making you feel worse) isn't going to help you out at all. Maybe try to eat an egg or two a day also. Then your body is getting calories and protein and you're giving your system a little rest. I'd keep up with the floralax though, because without the veggies, you're more likely to be dealing with the big C. Feel better! :hug:
Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.

deelee10 02-25-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

When I was experiencing hunger my coach said I could do an extra IP packet, or a little more protein or more veggies. I've been better with a little extra protein in my dinner -extra chicken, beef or fish. And I really try to make sure I love my protein. I got sick of chicken and have been eating more beef and fish a couple of times a week. My evening cravings don't seem as bad. I can't do the restricted items - gets me wanting more carbs. About aspartame - my coach said IP believes it may cause cravings. I thought it would kill me to give up my diet pop but I stopped. I use Truvia instead. When I need a drink I add lemon juice and Truvia to water for a pretty tasty lemonade.

Maggiemagu 02-25-2011 09:49 PM

RONDAR.... LOL, I'm still working on my tummy, It's my worst feature that's why the reward for actually getting it to look good, I can't wait to get there it's what keeps me motivated.

I so agree with you about the food others eat around me, I even stated it once to someone that was upset about others eating around her. It's not always easy but it sure helps make us stronger and more conscious of why were in the position we are.

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3730734)
Thanks Mrs D. I had pudding for breakfast, spinach for lunch and am trying to get in a little bit of pork and spinach for supper and will try to get my desert packet in. I didn`t get my packet in at lunch today - I am keeping up with the floralax and am going to e-mail my coach. I just am not enjoying the intense abdominal pain I am getting and the total lack of desire to eat is making it terribly hard to get anything in, however I do not want my body to go into starvation mode. So, I am getting what I can and will hope it doesn`t affect my loss too much.

Get feeling better soon Camio!!!!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 09:54 PM

Speaking of Tummys.....

Do you think I will lose my pooch by the time I hit my goal? You know the pooch I'm talking about, it sits right below my waist line...

I have never had kids, just doggies.... lol.

Mrs Diettrich 02-25-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio87 (Post 3730734)

I think the most important thing your body needs is the protein to protect your muscles - if the only thing you want is chocolate shakes for all three packets, go with it! Are you sure there is nothing else going on that could be causing the abdominal pain?

Mrs Diettrich 02-25-2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730755)
Speaking of Tummys.....

Do you think I will lose my pooch by the time I hit my goal? You know the pooch I'm talking about, it sits right below my waist line...

If nothing else, it should shrink! Never having seen pictures of you, where else do you store your fat? Boobs, butt, thighs?

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:01 PM

Camio - how long have you felt sick?

Do you have fever or chills? Are you tinkling ok? Are you having cramping?

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3730759)
If nothing else, it should shrink! Never having seen pictures of you, where else do you store your fat? Boobs, butt, thighs?

Mostly my stomach area. My chest is pretty small (as a matter of a fact I asked my coach if he could save my boobs...) lol and I have never had a butt. Maybe my thighs, but not much there either.

Here's to it shrinking!!! :cheer2:

gotmilk 02-25-2011 10:06 PM

Hey y'all... I'm a new kid on the block =) Been reading through the boards for a few weeks now and there were so many interesting things to read that I never got around to actually making a profile id. So here I am...

Unlike most of you, I DON'T have a coach...and am doing this all on my own.... So I'm finding it hard to keep myself in check and motivated...but this forum will surely help. I'm on mat leave...so this is the perfect time for me to do this as I have full control over my meals....no unexpected group lunches at work, etc.... Except...I have a girls night planned for Saturday and I'm tripping....trying to stay motivated to not drink alcohol and stick to a salad, dressing on the side. I'm sure it won't be easy. Do you think Smirnoff Ice Lite would be ok?? Zero carbs....

Say.....I've been looking for hours today to find something on the forum...maybe I haven't figured out how to search well yet...but I have a box of these Banana Pineapple shakes that are just making me gag... They taste so "artificial" and "chemical". I was wondering if there is anything to do with them...like recipes or mods so that I can at least use them up.

Any help with this would be appreciated!!

couts71 02-25-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rideagain (Post 3729523)
Well yesterday was the 4 week mark and i am down 12.5lbs and 12 inches.
i am soooo excited now for summer for 2 reasons, 1. i hope not to feel as self consious in shorts! and its freezing here again! need some heat badly..
have a great weekend everyone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErinO (Post 3729736)
Morning Ladies and Gents.... gosh I feel like this is rude of me to brag about my weigh in - but I guess that is PART of the reason we are all doing this right - so... drum roll please.... week 1 - down 6.4 lbs and 4 inches ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmyonIP (Post 3729916)
Carla glad you had a chance to pop in here.:hug:

Yesterday I had my WI. I was only down .6 pounds but that put me at exactly 61 pounds lost, but its also TOM.
My coach told me that I was the most drastic case as far as before/after success! WOW, I couldn't believe that! ME??? So she wanted me to do a testimony of IP and put it in the newsletter with pics.
Have a great weekend all! As my son said, "There's frosting on the roof, but no snow" :D

Quote:

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is ready for the weekend. I know I am. I went to my WI and I am down -5 lb this week. Which is a total 42 lbs in 8 weeks. I have never in my life been on a diet that I have lost this much weight already. I am on cloud nine right now. It is totally unbelievable.

So as promised for the newbies out there I started the Novi Cleanse today sold by IP. It is for 23 days and it cost me $67.00. I have a sheet of instructions that I will scan to email and then post to you guys on Monday. So here's to my 23 day cleanse journey. I am told parts will be ugly while the toxic waste is being eliminated from my body but I am up for the challenge. My coach recommends the cleanse after AT LEAST 4 weeks of being on IP stage 1. Just a FYI for everyone. So this one is for you newbies, I am taking one for the team and will let you know how I am doing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky Chick (Post 3730306)
WI #2 and down another 4.6 lbs for a total of 9 in 2 weeks. I'll take it. Also down another 7.5 inches (but I think my coach was willing the tape measure tighter in a couple spots). LOL

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollmark (Post 3730598)
Just got back from WI # 7 with a loss of 1.5 lbs and 5.5 inches!! I was hoping for a little more, but I'll take whatever loss I get!!
Half-way there!

Congrats to all of you on your successful loss of weight. Keep up the great job you are doing. :bravo:

ontariophotogal 02-25-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coloradodivegirl (Post 3730755)
Speaking of Tummys.....

Sherry, you crack me up:rofl:

Had what I consider a great NSV tonight....went to one of those house parties where your friends are selling something, you know like Fantasia or candles and stuff....this one was for home organizing and decor. I knew there was going to be food and drinks so I planned ahead, made my shrimp stirfy (which was delicious btw), brought a bottle of water and a nesta packet and off I went. As expected, there was a whole layout of food and while I allowed myself to glance at it, I kept walking, ate what I had with me and didn't even think about the other stuff just sitting there waiting. Feels good to know that in just 8 days, I've already learned a lot :)

My official weigh in is tomorrow now since this morning's was re-scheduled due to weather. Praying that scale is good to me!

Have a great night everyone!

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:14 PM

Hi Gotmilk! :wave:

:welcome: You have found your way to a great forum. These guys & dolls will keep you motivated and focus! I have all of them to thank for me starting the program.

Check the http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...n-packets.html thread... it should give you some great ideas.

My personal fav is the banana pudding with a few drops or walnut or almond extract.. yum!

I wouldnt recommend the smirnoff, alcohol is a big no no. Try water with lemon or water with any number of extracts. Does anyone have the recipe for a faux mohito on hand???

Coloradodivegirl 02-25-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ontariophotogal (Post 3730787)
Sherry, you crack me up:rofl:

Had what I consider a great NSV tonight....went to one of those house parties where your friends are selling something, you know like Fantasia or candles and stuff....this one was for home organizing and decor. I knew there was going to be food and drinks so I planned ahead, made my shrimp stirfy (which was delicious btw), brought a bottle of water and a nesta packet and off I went. As expected, there was a whole layout of food and while I allowed myself to glance at it, I kept walking, ate what I had with me and didn't even think about the other stuff just sitting there waiting. Feels good to know that in just 8 days, I've already learned a lot :)

My official weigh in is tomorrow now since this morning's was re-scheduled due to weather. Praying that scale is good to me!

Have a great night everyone!

:)

:congrat: on staying on OP!!!!! Yea for you! and here, I'll do a little cheer for ya! :cheer2:

You go show Mr. Scale who's boss!!!!

Camio87 02-25-2011 10:33 PM

I have been feeling the abdominal/stomach pain for a few days now - I saw my coach on Wednesday and she said nothing about it. The worst part I find is the fact that thinking of food makes me feel sick. I cannot think of anything else that would be causing my pain - it is not TOM, it is not gallbladder or appendix - I just wish it would all stop - it is making me want to quit the diet and I don`t want to do that. I am just feeling at a loss for what else to do. I am waiting to find out if I should be doing the cleanse or not - I am trying to focus on the protein while I am not feeling well, but honestly the thought of eating at all makes my stomach toss and I feel like I need to grab a garbage can.:mad::(

Beachbella 02-25-2011 10:33 PM

Hello everyone thanks so much for the congrats on the weigh loss so far. I am enjoying it.

Juiceman and Couts71 thanks so much for always giving me a "high five" I really appreciate it. You guys are doing great as well!

Carla - So good to finally hear from you. I will take a once a week check in from you then nothing at all. So glad you are still around.

I hope everyone has a wonderful night.