Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 04:12 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LNinCT View Post
Good Weds Morning! How to do make a shortcut on my desktop - so that I can come back to the daily IP Chat ? Thank you!.
Week 5 - Blood Pressure is NORMAL with NO meds!!!! First time in YEARS.
Losing FAT - Weight down 15 pounds. So much easier to get ready for work now!
Wow congrats on the normal blood pressure! What great things you are doing for your health. You should feel very proud!!

BTW, just click on favorites, add it as a favorite and then you can drag the favorite link to your desktop
Old 02-16-2011, 04:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 190.8/185/140

Height: 5'8"

I hit my prepregnancy weight today at my WI even if my first baby was 11 yrs ago. Ha, oh well. Better late than never!

I was a bit discouraged today...I've been using their body fat analyzer at the clinic and it showed that out of my 4.6 lb weight loss, 3 lbs were fat, and 1 was muscle I suppose the .6 was water weight? I guess I was hoping to not lose any muscle, but maybe a little loss is unavoidable?
Old 02-16-2011, 04:19 PM   #48  
IP Start Date: 2-18-11

S/C/G: 130/104/110 PH 3

Height: 5'0" Age: 46 (But I'm 29 in my heart & soul)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman79 View Post
I started IP yesterday and my coach told me that it was ok to workout since I have been working out 5-6 times a week before I started. On yesterday on the daily thread Rondar said that I shouldn't be working out. I was just wondering what other peoples ideas, thoughts, and what their coaches said. Have a great day and thanks for all of your support.
Sandman...

Well I just typed you a long a$$ post and hit the wrong button and sent it off into cyber ****.... Grrrrrrr!!!

Anyway, No you should not be working out on phase 1, it doesn't matter what you did before phase 1. Honestly, some of the coaches out there don't know what the hay they are talking about. Your best bet is to visit this blog often, do looks of reading on the IP threads and ask questions... there is a great bunch of ladies and gents here that will inspire you and help you on your journey, and be safe about it.

Hope this helps ya!!

S.O.S. still looking for ya, showgirlaz... where they hay are ya??

Sherry
Old 02-16-2011, 04:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 318/291/220

Height: 6'3.5

Default Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I have been reading stuff on here and other sites that I can find other information.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:35 PM   #50  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I started IP yesterday and my coach told me that it was ok to workout since I have been working out 5-6 times a week before I started. On yesterday on the daily thread Rondar said that I shouldn't be working out. I was just wondering what other peoples ideas, thoughts, and what their coaches said. Have a great day and thanks for all of your support.
Hi Sandman. No, you are not supposed to work out on Phase 1, however I am a dance teacher and excercise is unavoidable for me. I have found that I need to add extra protien in or my weight loss will stall. It is doable but not the recommended norm.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:39 PM   #51  

Quote:
Sandman!.. glad you found us...

Exercise is a much discussed topic here & not everyone agrees on what you should do... as with most things in the weight loss experience, it depends on the individual... my advice is go to our Exercise thread & read everything there... pay especially close attention to anything written by Elizabeth (username deinekatze)..

hugs
Old 02-16-2011, 04:47 PM   #52  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

6 pounds! SIX FREAKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooottttttttt! I was expecting a loss this week, but not that much of one! May I add that I am smack dab in the middle of TOM too? Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I celebrated by hitting the clearance racks at Target and getting 5 new tops.
Old 02-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #53  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
6 pounds! SIX FREAKING POUNDS!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooottttttttt! I was expecting a loss this week, but not that much of one! May I add that I am smack dab in the middle of TOM too? Yipppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I celebrated by hitting the clearance racks at Target and getting 5 new tops.
Awesome job Jess!!
Old 02-16-2011, 04:57 PM   #54  

Fantastic, Mrs D!!!.. what great news!.. & if I've failed to welcome you back on your triumphant return, well, back!!!.. you're looking mighty good & I'm so glad you're feeling good too...

hugs

Last edited by Aunt Sheshie; 02-16-2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: to correct a word I noticed in Mrs D's reply...
Old 02-16-2011, 04:59 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:

Excellent!!!! I know after my reduction I lost like 6 lbs of boobs. Don't recommend as a weight loss program. Just think that bathing suit season will be fun with a flat tummy and little boob. Take care of yourself. Pics were great.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Weigh in # 4 today. Lost 2.8 lbs. Kinda wanted it to be more but will take it. I am actually at the goal weight that I put down when I started. I thought it would be impossible to get there. 17 lbs in a month and 17 Inc ain't to shabby. Thanks everyone who posted all week they are what keeps me motivated

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Yay Jess! I was wondering how your were doing since your surgery! I have been off the board for a bit. The pictures look great! And congrats on the huge loss!
Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Just checking in

Having an OP day today, heading to my daughters in Cleveland tomorrow for a few days to see my grandbabies, I told her we're hitting Sams club on the way home from the airport, I'm not taking any chances! I really WANT this.

Everyone who has posted is doing great, are the people who are feeling guilty just lurking and not posting?

Come on guys, we all learn from the experiences of others.

Good luck this weekend, I'll try to post from Ohio if I can bear to put that baby down.

Old 02-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #59  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Although opinions differ a bit on this and certainly if your job demands it then it is a different story -- however give your body at least 2-3 weeks to get adjusted and then go ahead and add back the exercise if you need or want to but the first 2-3 weeks are hard on the body as it makes major adjustments. I agree with Aunt Sheshie that you should read the exercise thread - for some people once they resume exercise (at a significantly reduced intensity) it is fine and for others it seriously stalls weight loss -- this would be something fun for you to experiment with on this diet but try to take it easy (if possible) the first couple of weeks. Be very careful as your body may enter starvation mode at which time not only will you be unable to lose weight your body will start to consume muscle mass. If you MUST exercise be sure to eat another packet and preferably one that is higher in protein (soups, puddings and RTDs). This diet is restricting you to between 600-1000 calories which is a pretty drastic calorie reduction for a man and for any body who is exercising. I've noticed that when I do exercise I feel like I was hit by a mack truck, then backed over and then run over again the next day. I swim as part of a competitive triathlon relay team -- I have had to give that up for the next few months because I found I could not do practices and events and be any good for myself or my team. I still do light exercises but it isn't even CLOSE to what I was doing before and I have yet to feel stellar afterward. Good luck to you.. and please listen to your body these first few weeks

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-16-2011 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:09 PM   #60  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
that sounds absolutely terrible. i would look for another coach if i were you. there have to be multiple IP sources in the LA area, with it being so big and all. personally, i am excited to see my coach and dr. every week. i am the only one there during my appointment, and they do not rush me at all. they are very supportive of my progress, and they take the time to discuss any problems i am having (cheats or otherwise), and they never scold me or threaten, we talk like adults. i think that is how coaches and weigh ins should be.

As a side note; LOVE YOUR PICTURES!!!!! YAYYYYY you -- you look great!!!! Very inspiring and so noticeable-- isn't this diet amazing on how it makes over the body (not just the weight)? Thanks for sharing and posting .Oh and I too LOVE SF!!!! (you look so dang cute in your avatar)
Closed Thread