3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Wed 16 February 2011 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/225797-ip-daily-chat-wed-16-february-2011-a.html)

EatAnts 02-16-2011 06:29 AM

IP Daily Chat - Wed 16 February 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

To see what big losses, NSVs, and inspiring stories you missed yesterday: Tuesday, 15 February 2011

locks 02-16-2011 06:38 AM

Good morning everyone! Hope you all had wonderfull dreams, I woke up laughing, must be all the veggies shocking my body lol. Today is day two after Valentines day, we survied it ! I made many friends giving away all my chocolates. Finally they are gone, and I didnt even nibble. Now back to normal!

CBG 02-16-2011 07:28 AM

What a great way to start the morning...checking out the IP forum. Always nice to see what's happening and to celebrate when fellow members have NSV's and/or weight loss. Also a great place for advice, support, recipes, encouragement and... sometimes a wake up call when we veer a little too far off track. I am thankful for this forum as I believe it is what makes IP really effective. A special thank you to Sheila E for faithfully getting our daily thread started each day. Appreciated!

JSP 02-16-2011 07:33 AM

Quote:

JSP- How awful, your size 6's are getting to loose... (WHAT!?!?!?)

OK Rondar, that is me, embarrassed! In hindsight, that is a odd thing to complain about! Not that it was a complaining....:)

As for your soda question, I haven't had any real hankering for one since IP. I do indulge in sparkling 'Ice' drinks, which have a nice fizz. I know we are supposed to stay away from carbonation, but drinking these (sweetened with splenda) hasn't hurt my loss in any way.

Coloradodivegirl 02-16-2011 07:39 AM

Good Morning everyone!

I havent posted in several days, but have been reading along with all of you. A big congrats to you JCWilk :) How very romantic for you to be proposed on Valentines day... awwwww. Mrs. D is now a B and you look fantastic! Such wonderful stories of NSV and funny cheat stores.. lol.

I survived my birthday (valentines day) after 3 days of celebrating, I think I'm on a birthday hangover. I'm glad that's over for another year.... shhheesh. Now it's time to get serious and focus!

Tonight is my workshop for IP and I'm excited! I'm interested to see how they explain this protocol and if they know the new change as far as change in protein in phase 1. If I don't like the "feel" of them or if they try and charge me an assinine amount of money to get started, I will just do Ideal to go, actually it may be a bit easier that way if I want to mix in Lindor products. I guess we will see what happens...

Amber when you feel a cheat coming on, you need to sign on to the blog, these IP'ers will talk ya down from the ledge... :) But it was nice seeing you post here..

I'm about ready to send out of cyber guard as one of us is missing... S.O.S. we need to find Showgirlaz...where in the world has she been???

Have a great IP day, I'll be joining you soon enough! Now back to the rafters for me to sip on my coffee...

CutieEli 02-16-2011 08:01 AM

Good morning everyone!!!
I haven't logged in since last week but I did think of you guys everyday ;)
I am glad to read all the losses you guys are GREAT!!!

I need to get back on track!!! This weekend we celebrated valentine's day and I had planned everything so I don't cheat..but it did not go as planned. I ended up cheating and now getting back is hard!!! Financially I can't afford IP products for the whole week(thank God I have a stash in my closet) my pay has not been stable since January..and I am about to go BAZOOKA on compensation..anyway that isn't the point lol All this to say that I can't afford IP products,veggies and my meat if I want to my bills, my tuition fees and everything that comes with that. When I come to think about it...it's only my lunch that I cheat..(a cheat is a cheat I know) I have my shake in the morning, stupid stuff at lunch and for supper my mother in law makes supper so I just take meat and veggies if there are any...

Anyways I will try to go find some veggies for lunch at the cafeteria downstairs..today could be back to square one !!! :)

Have a great day guys!!!

LNinCT 02-16-2011 08:13 AM

Good Weds Morning! How to do make a shortcut on my desktop - so that I can come back to the daily IP Chat ? Thank you!.
Week 5 - Blood Pressure is NORMAL with NO meds!!!! First time in YEARS.
Losing FAT - Weight down 15 pounds. So much easier to get ready for work now!

Camio87 02-16-2011 08:38 AM

One more day before my 3rd weigh-in - my scale says I am down 20.8lbs. I am hoping this sticks for my official weigh-in tomorrow. Or goes down even more! I am on a sick day today - woke up feeling terrible. Not sure if it is the diet or work or lack of sleep or a combo of some or all of those things. Survived Valentine`s day. Gave all my chocolates to my boyfriend.
Good luck to all and have a great IP day!

meandmax 02-16-2011 08:41 AM

Good morning everyone...well i'm back, I went off IP in the beginning of December with the hopes to continue on my own...but that did not work out in my favour!! So here I am...getting back to basics. I will go in the clinic today and start over....wish me luck!! It worked great for me when I started so there is no reason for it not to work for me now....summer is coming and i'm looking forward to a nice new bathing suit!! :)

juiceman11 02-16-2011 08:45 AM

Good morning all. Here is to another 100% IP day and one more day closer to your goal, be it long term or mini goal.

All week today, I have been leading a group of employees in a class and on the shop floor training exercises. Monday morning there were bags of M&M's, twinkies, honey buns....etc for snacks for the group. Lunch was provided from a Mexican restaurant, whatever you wanted. It has been a rough 3 days but I have not indulged in any of the snacks.

Most of the group took the liberty to poke fun of my lunch, of salad, drink and veggies. Didn't bother me, I just smile and said enjoy your calories. I know later on I can have that catered lunch and just be smarter what I order and how much.

I kind of enjoy the challenge of saying no I will not eat this or that or drink this or that. I do it at work on a daily basis and at home on a daily basis. It is a weird kind of fun! Am I sick.....

Have a great day everyone!

juiceman11 02-16-2011 08:56 AM

From yesterday....

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshb (Post 3713810)
Nice to meet you! I think what I am getting are Summer squash, its just confusing because zucchini is on the list whereas its called "zucchini squash" let me link to what they look like and what they mean.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_squash

^ I am allowed to have that on phase 1 right?

A little update on the documentary. (one that I am making on my weightloss which started nov. 2 2009)

I jogged/fast walked in the Sedona Marathon! I was interviewed by the radio station 102.9 and once I get the link to that ill share it with you guys! I did the 5k run which was 3.1 miles and I did it in under an hour!

I remember in high school I could do 1 mile in an hour at my heaviest.
Thank god for ideal protein, I still have some pounds to go but the big part of my weightloss journey is over!

How is everyone?

Nice to see another male on this forum and program, there are a few of us here. I think you got your question answered, but thought I would comment. I and my family eat zuccini (green) and the yellow squash that has the same shape as green zuccini at least once a week sometimes more. I have had no adverse effects and love them roasted in the oven or put in a foil pouch with oil and seasonings and baked in the oven.

Great job so far in your journey, keep up the good work.

Addy 02-16-2011 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3713631)
Talk about burning up the boards!

On a more sober note, I hope your father not only realizes how well you've done, but says something wonderful and kind.

I don't know a lot of fathers who can come up to that mark, however much the love, you and protect you, and still think of you as their little girl. If he doesn't, oh well.

Thanks Linden!
My Father is so supportive and couldn't believe how well I have done! My Father and I are very close and even though I will always be his little girl, he treats me as an adult. The love and support from my family is amazing, I am truely blessed.

ash825 02-16-2011 09:59 AM

Good morning IPers! I have a pretty random question but one that's been on my mind. You know how there is research saying that charring things on the grill can lead to health problems if consumed too much? What about roasting veggies in the oven? I roast at least once a day and I like them pretty dark. Thoughts?

Aunt Sheshie 02-16-2011 10:11 AM

Summer Squash...

Summer squash
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yellow crookneck squash, a variety of summer squash. Summer squash are a subset of squashes that are harvested when immature (while the rind is still tender and edible). All summer squashes are the fruits of the species Cucurbita pepo (although not all squashes of this species are considered summer squashes), but they are considered vegetables in terms of culinary use. The name "summer squash" refers to the short storage life of these squashes, unlike that of winter squashes.

Summer squashes include:

Cousa squash
Pattypan squash (Scallop squash)
Yellow crookneck squash
Yellow summer squash
Zucchini (courgette)

~~~~~~~~~

I couldn't find what I was looking for, the reason summer squash is allowed in Phase 1 & winter squash isn't, but my own suspicion is the sugar content... since summer squash is eaten in an immature stage, it has little sugar... winter squash, on the other hand, is eaten when mature & has high sugar... just a guess on my part, but as an amateur botanist, it makes sense to me... anyway, to answer JoshB's question, yes, the yellow squash that looks like zucchini is allowed, it's zucchini's first cousin...

hugs :hug:

reinergirl 02-16-2011 10:29 AM

WI #4 for me this morning. Du Ta Da.....down another 4 pounds, 0.5inches. That makes 20 pounds and 35 inches total in 4 weeks. I went shopping last night and bought a new bra (that unfortunately did not go down) and a new pair of jeans and dress pants. I went from a size 22 to a size 18. Have a wonderful 100% OP day to all my fellow IPer's. WE CAN DO THIS!!!