Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 07:26 PM   #91  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Thanks for the support y'all. I am really excited - surgery is scheduled for Feb. 10th & I will go back to work on March 7th. I will be talking to my coach about it tomorrow and to the PA when I go in on Friday for my pre-op appt because I wonder if I should be phasing off before surgery. Others have talked about the need for extra calories in healing, so it's something that I am curious about.

Joliebug82 , I will be happy to send you some pics! I should be going from a DD to an A or B.
I have a friend who recently went from a G (yes a G!) to a C cup (and lost 5 pounds!), but she didn't do IP while she recovered. Unfortunately, she never started back on IP. I miss my IP buddy.

But then I've read posts from other people who are in treatment for cancer and on IP.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:31 PM   #92  
Re-Started IP 1/17/12

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Oh yes, I'm sure! I have been lugging these ladies around with me for 18 years - they're too big for my body and I'm tired of hurting!
I'm with ya sista! I'd love to be a B cup. Even a C cup is too big in my mind.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:22 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 207/184/160

Height: 5'8

Default coffee

Okay , I am a pacific Northwest girl. We LOVE coffee. I know it will dehydrate us. Is the rule to drink an extra glass of water for each cup of coffee?

Does anyone know of a wonderful decaf? I am a coffee snob. No Folgers for this girl.

Thanks,
Linda
Old 01-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #94  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Okay , I am a pacific Northwest girl. We LOVE coffee. I know it will dehydrate us. Is the rule to drink an extra glass of water for each cup of coffee?

Does anyone know of a wonderful decaf? I am a coffee snob. No Folgers for this girl.

Thanks,
Linda
Cafe Vita used to make an excellent decaf - not sure where you are in the Pacific Northwest-they are out of Seattle. I haven't had their coffee in a few years but it was our stand-by at the cafe. You have to drink an extra 8 oz of water on top of your daily requirement for every cup of coffee beyond the first. (as a former pacific northwest girl myself I can hear your coffee-less induced sigh all the way over here on the east coast )
Old 01-18-2011, 08:54 PM   #95  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello all,

Just finished my 2nd week on IP and I am down another 5lbs! That puts me at -13.3lbs and -6.5 inches!

Thankfully that is motivating because week 2 was much harder than week 1 for me. I wanted everything in sight! No cheats though, I stuck to it and I'm glad it paid off. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM   #96  

Default Going on the 4th week without much success

Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting. I'm on my 4th week of IP and since last week I have only lost a total of 5.5 pounds and 1.5 inches around the waist. I'm adherent to the program, but just don't know why I'm not loosing the weight. Any ideas? I'm doing EVERYTHING that I'm supposed to but getting quite frustrated.

Help!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:40 PM   #97  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I`m on my 7th day today, and feel really weak. When I stand up I get lightheaded for a tiny bit also. Just have no energy. Is this normal?? I`m drinking over 64oz of water, and eating everything I need to eat, so just wondering if it`s normal to feel like this. I guess I should say this is the 1st time I`ve not felt good while doing this diet
Are you getting in enough salt? Try this, mix 1/3 tsp salt in a glass of water and drink it quickly. If that sounds difficult take the salt straight from a spoon and chase with a large glass of water. IF your blood pressure is a bit off, the salt will fix things in 15 to 20 min.

Are you getting your supplements? If not, your electrolytes can be off from the increased water intake and added urination.

Are you prone to low blood sugar? Try having another packet; the chocolate drink is a good option or the mango peach. It helps a bit with low blood sugar.

If that still doesn't work, try having a restricted food product (even 1/2) like a bar or choco soy puffs.

OR, this is a last resort but will work if you are hypoglycemic, have anywhere from 1 ounces to 3 ounce of orange juice. The juice will be pure sugar and anywhere from 3 to 9 carbs (3 carb per ounce). It should be your last resort but, it will help to correct a sugar low without adding too many carbs to your day. Try to use the smallest amount possible.

Some people need to have a few more carbs in a day than other people. Try adding the smallest amount back and then, wean yourself back down.

You should not be feeling weak or light headed.

If you find you respond to adding a few more carbs to your day, talk to your coach about trying to do an extra packet a day for the next week or, if you had to have the orange juice, ask if you should be using the alternate phase 1 plan (for high carb eaters and diabetics).

I am prone to hypoglycemia. Change that, I WAS before this diet. During the diet, as things corrected, I had to adjust my foods a little to accommodate for the sugar lows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw83 View Post
I am also wondering about using sugar free honey. I made the honey dijon salad dressing from the recipe thread with it. But now I`m wondering if maybe it isn`t good to use in Phase 1?? It has maltitol syrup and acesulfame k in it. What are the thoughts on these??? Is there a thread that talks about other sweeteners? Really need to know if I can keep eating that yummy salad dressing! It only calls for 1 1/2 teaspoons in the recipes, per 1/2 cup of oil.
sugar free honey by nature's hollow is made with Xylitol. It among the lowest of the glycemic index sugar alcohols. 1 tablespoon give you 8g carb and you have to count 4g for your day.

If you can control how much you use in the recipe and then split that into portions where the sugar alcohol is of little impact, you should be fine on and OCCASIONAL basis.

The tips for newbies has some information on the use of sugar alcohols.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-newbies.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulleriina View Post
Is EVO actually 2 tsp or 2 tbsp ???? It is really big difference between calories and fats ???
Yes, it is a big difference. 2tsp is the allotment. Some people can use more fat in the diet and see no difference. I am one, I was using about 2tbsp a day and losing over 3 pounds a week. Not all people are the same. My coach had me add a tsp a week til we found what worked for me and kept me losing.

On an occasional basis using more won't be a problem (it does add fat and calories) but, if you do this regularly, don't need fat, and are close to your goal weight, it CAN cause you to lose more slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaChick View Post
I posted this on another thread, but has any one heard or tried Miracle Noodles?
Miracle noodles or shirataki noodles are used by many here. I like them as a "pasta" prima vera or stir fry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Can or has anyone made the omlete at home, then reheated it for lunch? Thinking of how I could get some solids for lunch besides my veggies and lettuce. I do not have restricted items yet and am staying away from them until I am 3 weeks in or maybe longer. Just looking to mix it up a bit.
I think it works well. I have often rewarmed it and rolled it up in a lettuce leaf to eat like a wrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hi to all:

I haven't posted in a little while now, but I am excited and WORRIED at the same time as I will officially be ending Phase 3 tomorrow and venturing on to maintenance.

While on Phase 3 for the past two weeks, I have maintained my weight and have neither lost nor gained any weight for which I am very thankful.
Lorrie

P.S. Can't seem to find a Phase 4/Maintenance forum on here --- I am open to suggestions!
So glad to see you on here!! That is great that phase 3 is working well for you. LUCKY girl!

I see you have been pointed to the life after links. Make sure to pay close attention to Novak and WannaBeIP. They left some WONDERFUL advice. ESPECIALLY pay attention to the sticky thread. Most of Novak's awesome notes are in there.

Quote:
Anyone have any feedback on phasing off before surgery so that I have the extra calories/nutrients for healing? I'm goign to ask the PA about it on Friday, but I wanted to get your input too.
Treat it as a break start phase 2 tomorrow, I think you can do one week on phase 2. Then do phase 3. If you do two weeks at phase 3, you might have a day or two on phase 3 but, it will be significantly more nutrition and calories as you will have back dairy, fruit, grain, and some more veggies for regular use. You will then be in phase 4 by your recovery. If you can maintain til march you just jump back on phase 1 to start losing again. MAYBE your doctor will be ok with you doing a phase3 or alternate phase 1 during recovery so, take that information to them or email/fax it to them for approval.

Several people have had surgery on here. Hopefully someone can chime in on the matter.

SO, as day two comes to a close. I feel great!!!

Nice day, very easy. Started off with a tea and vanilla RTD. Later was a lemonade and a salad loaded with veggies. Dinner was YUM!! I had buffalo chicken wings, seasoned turnip fries (a few), broccoli and celery (no ranch or bleu cheese but, very good). Had a large Romaine salad with avocado oil/apple cider vinegar/sea salt/pepper dressing. Dessert is chocolate mint pudding.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

This second round is going just fine!! I am responding like I did the first time round it seems.

Thank you all for your kind support yesterday. It really meant so much and still does. You are all the best!!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 01-18-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:42 PM   #98  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingSasha View Post
Hi Everyone,

This is my first posting. I'm on my 4th week of IP and since last week I have only lost a total of 5.5 pounds and 1.5 inches around the waist. I'm adherent to the program, but just don't know why I'm not loosing the weight. Any ideas? I'm doing EVERYTHING that I'm supposed to but getting quite frustrated.

Help!
Do you mean that since you began you've only lost a total of 5.5 lbs? Any inches other than the 1.5 inches around your waist?

For us to be able to give you some advice, it might be helpful to know what you eat over the course of the day, a ballpark idea of how much you weight, how much water you're drinking, etc.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:44 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rach can do it View Post
Hello all,

Just finished my 2nd week on IP and I am down another 5lbs! That puts me at -13.3lbs and -6.5 inches!

Thankfully that is motivating because week 2 was much harder than week 1 for me. I wanted everything in sight! No cheats though, I stuck to it and I'm glad it paid off. Hope you all are having a wonderful day!
You are on a roll! Great job on on the loss and sticking to protocol! Keep it up

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Help!
I know in the past some people were allowed restricted items off the bat? Have you been using all of the products or just the restricted? Getting your water in? Oil? Hmmmm......are you exercising? Tell us about one of your days specifically and we can help you more Keep coming for support and do not give up! It may be something someone here can help with
Old 01-18-2011, 09:45 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 196/188/125

Height: 5'0"

Quote:

I am so looking forward to being able to wear strapless tops without HAVING to wear a bra. I haven't ever been able to wear a halter top because of the pain of having it pull down on my neck. I can't wait.
Believe me - I understand. I went from DD to B (at 5' tall) and the BEST thing was that everything was so perky I didn't have to wear a bra for almost a year. (I did mind you - but didn't HAVE to) Considering I felt like i use to be able to throw them over my sholder - seeing them where they were supposed to be was AMAZING! 10yrs later they are still looking good - just a little bigger now that I've gained weight - but still perky

Congrats!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Height: 5'6"

Thumbs up

AFM--NSV, walking up my stairs carrying my twins to their beds (50 pounds up and down the stairs several times a day, whew!) and MY SHORTS FELL OFF! Just fell right down around my ankles, so I just kicked them off and kept climbing. I got a serious case of the giggles, though! They were tight three weeks ago!!![/QUOTE]

Good Job! I'm so jealous! Who wouldn't wish for that kind of NSV! Glad you were at home tho!

sorry i see my quote didn't work-

Last edited by rondar; 01-18-2011 at 09:54 PM. Reason: oops
Old 01-18-2011, 10:00 PM   #102  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Hi Everyone,

Help!
Can you provide a little more information of what you are eating, how much you are getting for water, what supplements you take, if you are exercising? It would help us help you troubleshoot!

Btw, I am glad you have found us. WELCOME to the group! You will find lots of support here!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 PM   #103  

I weighed in at 147lbs when I initially started and my goal weight is 105. I did not have any restricted foods since I wanted to ensure weight loss (it was hard, but I didn't know what I was missing, so it was okay). My coach allowed me to have the jello 3 times a day the second week since the food was not tasting well and now during this third week I have been drinking the vanilla shakes 3 times per day. I have been eating the correct amount of veggies for lunch & for dinner, the alloted protein & vegetables. I drink a ton of water and take the vitamins. I have only cheated once a few days ago with a slice of bacon. I will say, that I haven't been exercising - it wasn't recommended for the first 2 weeks. Maybe that's what I'm missing then? I purchase all IP foods from the IP center. I weigh in Thursday...we'll see how that goes. I was expecting at least 3 lbs a week, but it's getting expensive with little results.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I weighed in at 147lbs when I initially started and my goal weight is 105. I did not have any restricted foods since I wanted to ensure weight loss (it was hard, but I didn't know what I was missing, so it was okay). My coach allowed me to have the jello 3 times a day the second week since the food was not tasting well and now during this third week I have been drinking the vanilla shakes 3 times per day. I have been eating the correct amount of veggies for lunch & for dinner, the alloted protein & vegetables. I drink a ton of water and take the vitamins. I have only cheated once a few days ago with a slice of bacon. I will say, that I haven't been exercising - it wasn't recommended for the first 2 weeks. Maybe that's what I'm missing then? I purchase all IP foods from the IP center. I weigh in Thursday...we'll see how that goes. I was expecting at least 3 lbs a week, but it's getting expensive with little results.
Two last questions-how tall are you? And are you getting in your oil?

The jello should not have been eating 3 times a day because it lacks some of the amino acids that the other packets provide. I'm not sure if that would slow down your loss...
Old 01-18-2011, 10:17 PM   #105  

I'm 5 feet tall & I'm definitely getting the oil. You know, I did see in a past posting that you shouldn't have the jello that often, but when I spoke with my coach about it, she stated that it was okay. I'm not having the jello anymore since the vanilla shake are so much convenient.
Closed Thread