Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #76  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Can or has anyone made the omlete at home, then reheated it for lunch? Thinking of how I could get some solids for lunch besides my veggies and lettuce. I do not have restricted items yet and am staying away from them until I am 3 weeks in or maybe longer. Just looking to mix it up a bit.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 226/172/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaChick View Post
I posted this on another thread, but has any one heard or tried Miracle Noodles?
I tried them twice, and ended up throwing them away both times and just recently read the prep tips on the Recipe Thread #2 and realized I was not following the instructions, haha. I might give them another shot sometime.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 245.6/193.4/180.0 IP 10/17/10

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
Oh yes, I'm sure! I have been lugging these ladies around with me for 18 years - they're too big for my body and I'm tired of hurting!
Before you go that small have your doctor show you the difference in photo's.. Just saying!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:46 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Can or has anyone made the omlete at home, then reheated it for lunch? Thinking of how I could get some solids for lunch besides my veggies and lettuce. I do not have restricted items yet and am staying away from them until I am 3 weeks in or maybe longer. Just looking to mix it up a bit.
Yup! I do it all the time!!! Works great!
Old 01-18-2011, 05:55 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I am only about 2weeks ahead of you and the truth is the first few days really sucked for me and I was EXHAUSTED until about day 6 -- it helps me to frame it in terms of detox - I have never detoxed from anything so I cannot say for certain but it helps me think of it that way - this is a struggle for both the mind and body (and for me bad habits like mindless grazing)- just keep in mind that the benefit outweighs the few days of misery. We can do anything for a few days no matter how hard- it just a process. I tell myself "you have to go through it there is no going around it." (my inner monologue) At least I knew when I was feeling like garbage that my body was doing what it needed to - and that gave me some comfort. My best advice --DRINK ALL YOUR WATER and then some (caps only for emphasis not yelling ) Take your supplements, salt and oil and follow the program --it will work-- (I say this as a bona fide certified skeptic)
I have been drinking well above my reccommended amount of water! I love water and have really committed myself to this program. I have never in my life been excited about a diet or weight loss. I don't have my first weigh in until Monday, and I am very excited to see what kind of progress I make!!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:11 PM   #81  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Quote:
I posted this on another thread, but has any one heard or tried Miracle Noodles?
Yes! Most of us use them in Stir fry or with one of the Walden Foods sauces... they are wonderful!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:35 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
This is day four for me... I am struggling big time. I am really hoping that the temptations won't be as strong while I working as they were at home!!! I was absolutley EXHAUSTED yesterday, went to bed early last night and feel pretty good, so far, today...
Any tips or tricks you can offer a true newbie??
I found day 4 to be the worst. Worst headache, worst mood, worst feeling. Day 5, you will feel much better!

Quote:
A lot of us use them all the time. I use them regularly. They are a fabulous thing.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #83  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Default Starting Phase 4 tomorrow --- and scared to death!!!

Hi to all:

I haven't posted in a little while now, but I am excited and WORRIED at the same time as I will officially be ending Phase 3 tomorrow and venturing on to maintenance.

While on Phase 3 for the past two weeks, I have maintained my weight and have neither lost nor gained any weight for which I am very thankful.

I am looking for any advice I can find on how to handle the maintenance part of this program. I know that more foods will be introduced into my body and I am so worried about gaining weight!!

Thanks to you all for all the great support you have provided to me on my journey!!!

Lorrie

P.S. Can't seem to find a Phase 4/Maintenance forum on here --- I am open to suggestions!
Old 01-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #84  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
hahaha that's funny...but only cause i would so do something like that!!! Funny how similar we all are in our thinking. I am at a chiropractor's office and it's just wide open so clothes are mandatory. I weighed in the first time in jeans and a sweater. so i have at least wanted to always wear jeans, being how cold it is and all. thinking about going to a regular shirt for tonight...but then i will always have to wear a lightweight shirt. It's one thing to lose poundage cause of the clothing choice, it's a totally other thing to gain it!!!
mamadancer-i would BUT i must say I don't have leggings. i am very self conscious of my legs and well i don't remember the last time i wore shorts, skirts above the mid calf OR leggings. looking forward to the day when i am not embarrassed by the lower half of my body!
I started out at 164 and am 5'4... I absolutely despised my legs.. BUT I started feeling a lot better about them around the 140 mark.. I'm at 134 now and am about a size 6 without completely hideous legs Just thought I'd throw that out there for you to look forward to. We have a very similar weight-loss goal.. I know we will look fabulous!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:00 PM   #85  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Hi to all:

I haven't posted in a little while now, but I am excited and WORRIED at the same time as I will officially be ending Phase 3 tomorrow and venturing on to maintenance.

While on Phase 3 for the past two weeks, I have maintained my weight and have neither lost nor gained any weight for which I am very thankful.

I am looking for any advice I can find on how to handle the maintenance part of this program. I know that more foods will be introduced into my body and I am so worried about gaining weight!!

Thanks to you all for all the great support you have provided to me on my journey!!!

Lorrie

P.S. Can't seem to find a Phase 4/Maintenance forum on here --- I am open to suggestions!
Look for info on Phase 4 on the: Life after Phase 1 (atleast I believe that's its title) lots of good stuff there. Great job on losing your weight!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:01 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanandZeus View Post
Can't seem to find a Phase 4/Maintenance forum on here --- I am open to suggestions!
Lorrie ... Congratulations on a successful phase 2 & 3!! That's a big deal.

Here's the thread you're looking for:
Life after Phase 1
There's also a "sticky" thread of the same name.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:03 PM   #87  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
REALLY??? You are going to an A or B? I am a DD (was a DDD) I can't imagine going to a B let alone an A. I have thought of a lift and reduction in the past, but, given my hip waist ratio, I don't think I would look right below a D or DD.

I am so happy you were approved. I am sure it is something you will be glad to have done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by longdivision View Post
this made me smile. i think it's funny that us girls always want what we don't have. i have always been an A or B (they are a full B now due to weight gain), but always wanted to be a full C cup. i know that losing weight on IP is also going to make me lose the small, although awesome, weight that i put on in my chest

so cheers to you for being able to acquire the perfect size for you!!! i am very excited for you!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmsgrrl View Post
Before you go that small have your doctor show you the difference in photo's.. Just saying!
Believe me, I know it is small. Part of the issue is that for insurance to pay for it as "medically necessary", they have to remove 500 gms of tissue from each side. The basic rule of thumb is that it is 150 gms per cup size. Going from a DD to an A/B is going to be about 500 gms. So in some ways, I don't have much choice in going that small. But I am truly okay with it. I don't have very broad hips and under all this extra padding, I'm actually quite petite. I'll just finally have the chest to match the rest of me! All the rest of the women in my family are in the A/B region - I don't know how I ended up so well endowed... Even before I really started to put on weight, I had pretty decent sized boobs.

I am so looking forward to being able to wear strapless tops without HAVING to wear a bra. I haven't ever been able to wear a halter top because of the pain of having it pull down on my neck. I can't wait.

Anyone have any feedback on phasing off before surgery so that I have the extra calories/nutrients for healing? I'm goign to ask the PA about it on Friday, but I wanted to get your input too.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:12 PM   #88  
Lorrie

S/C/G: 280/191/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Lorrie ... Congratulations on a successful phase 2 & 3!! That's a big deal.

Here's the thread you're looking for:
Life after Phase 1
There's also a "sticky" thread of the same name.
Thanks ladies for the quick responses

I will check that link out!

Thanks for the congrats!!!

Lorrie
Old 01-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #89  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Water is a hard one for me too. I love flavored water and when not on this diet that is what I drink. My coach says no to the flavor packets. I usually have to have my water ice cold too. What has helped me is to actually have the water at room temp. and starting at 8 in the morning I drink an 8 oz. glass every hour on the hour. I stop doing that at around 4 and have one more glass at supper time. If I don't stop I am up every hour during the night The reason it has to be room temp is because I chug it and I cant chug it if its ice cold Hope you find a solution because it is so so important.
Thanks SweetSheila. I am going to have to try that.
I was down 5.4 lbs and 14 inches!!! Very excited and on my way!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM   #90  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by aharmeyer View Post
This is day four for me... I am struggling big time. I am really hoping that the temptations won't be as strong while I working as they were at home!!! I was absolutley EXHAUSTED yesterday, went to bed early last night and feel pretty good, so far, today...
Any tips or tricks you can offer a true newbie??

That was me this past weekend. Just hang in there. By day 5 I was feeling much better and each day it has gotten better and better.
Closed Thread