Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I am soooo craving for a soup for supper!!! Anyone has any ideas on recipes that are quick and that do not involve the IP soup's??
I was also craving soup yesterday!! I even googled low carb vegetable soups to see what came up, some looked interesting.

I think I gained almost 2lbs yesterday from all the coffee I drank trying to stay warm!! Today I vow to have a large bottle of water after every mug of coffee! Or switch to tea!? Tomorrow is my official weigh in and I'm worried that I will show a gain, which is a first!! I would hate to start going in the other direction, I only have 10 more pounds to go!
Old 01-18-2011, 12:38 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Good luck!!!!! I made my coach (who works in a dr. office) weigh me in only my underwear - since I knew that I could "fool" the scale (I really shouldn't admit I have done this -but I have -- ohhhh the things I learned at WW) by strategically deciding what clothes to wear on weigh in days. The clothes are no longer part of the equation for me which makes it a constant rather then a variable. In the meantime I will cross my fingers and toes for you
hahaha that's funny...but only cause i would so do something like that!!! Funny how similar we all are in our thinking. I am at a chiropractor's office and it's just wide open so clothes are mandatory. I weighed in the first time in jeans and a sweater. so i have at least wanted to always wear jeans, being how cold it is and all. thinking about going to a regular shirt for tonight...but then i will always have to wear a lightweight shirt. It's one thing to lose poundage cause of the clothing choice, it's a totally other thing to gain it!!!
mamadancer-i would BUT i must say I don't have leggings. i am very self conscious of my legs and well i don't remember the last time i wore shorts, skirts above the mid calf OR leggings. looking forward to the day when i am not embarrassed by the lower half of my body!

Last edited by amber2beme; 01-18-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:29 PM   #33  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Newbie question here:

I did some research on coffee creamers vs skim milk and this is what I found

Skim Milk for 1 oz.: has 11 calories, 1.5 grams of carbs and 0.1 grams of total fat.

French Vanilla Sugar-Free liquid creamer 1 tbsp: has 15 calories, 1 gram of carbs and 1 gram of fat.

Would it be IP no-no to have the french vanilla in my one cup of coffee every morning rather than the skim milk?

Thanks!!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #34  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I asked my coach this and he said I'm not getting enough water, ketones are also released when you're slightly dehydrated, and because of my weight I'll be in a higher range. Maybe because guys lose faster? I know they're kind of silly and not a great indicator because they're not always accurate, but I find it so reassuring when mine turn pink or purple.

I do not think I am dehydrated, as I drink 140-160 oz of water a day with only 2 cups of caffinated coffee in the morning. Might be due to the fact that I just started IP, or that I am male and we tend to lose more faster. Not sure, just thought I would see if anyone had some thoughts. Thank you.

Last edited by juiceman11; 01-18-2011 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM   #35  
IP 10/28/10

S/C/G: 294.6/181.8/144 (8/3/11)

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
AFM--NSV, walking up my stairs carrying my twins to their beds (50 pounds up and down the stairs several times a day, whew!) and MY SHORTS FELL OFF! Just fell right down around my ankles, so I just kicked them off and kept climbing. I got a serious case of the giggles, though! They were tight three weeks ago!!!
Great NSV! I will be laughing for the rest of the day. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:43 PM   #36  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
no nono ! hahha I started here on this site in Nov.......but my IP life started Aug 4th.

That WOULD have been amazing eh? thanks for your kind words tho
Oh, silly me! Well, you STILL rock in my book!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #37  
Donna

S/C/G: 207/195.4/130

Height: 5'2''

Hello Everybody. I go for my first weigh in today. 1 day earlier due to snow for tomorrow. It was a rough rough first week. I did all the right things but I felt like a mack truck had hit me! Blah. Feeling better now though. It was like I was going through detox! My biggest issue is water. I am not drinking enough but cannot figure out how to get more. Any hints?
Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #38  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Congrats Mrs. D!! I know you are thrilled.

I hope everyone stays strong and on protocol and have a great week. All I know is this diet works. Relax, follow the outline cause its all there on the sheet and you will get results...if not pounds then inches. Either way, something is gonna go and you will be a little step closer to goal. NEVER GIVE UP! YOU ARE WORTH THE EFFORT!
Said with love and support.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Oh, silly me! Well, you STILL rock in my book!
aw thanks...right back at you! Keep up the good work... this plan is amazing!
Old 01-18-2011, 01:56 PM   #40  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Yucky weather on the east coast day. Slid right through a red light this morning and decided to turn around and work from home. Not worth it.

Made some yummy chilean sea bass last night with spinach and grape tomatoes. Served it over arugula. 7 oz of fish is a lot. I am going to try the Big Mac salad today that everyone raves about. You guys have me curious..lol

Weight in is on Friday. Trying to stay away from the scale until I see my coach on Friday.

Keep up the good work everyone
Old 01-18-2011, 02:03 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
Hello Everybody. I go for my first weigh in today. 1 day earlier due to snow for tomorrow. It was a rough rough first week. I did all the right things but I felt like a mack truck had hit me! Blah. Feeling better now though. It was like I was going through detox! My biggest issue is water. I am not drinking enough but cannot figure out how to get more. Any hints?
Water is a hard one for me too. I love flavored water and when not on this diet that is what I drink. My coach says no to the flavor packets. I usually have to have my water ice cold too. What has helped me is to actually have the water at room temp. and starting at 8 in the morning I drink an 8 oz. glass every hour on the hour. I stop doing that at around 4 and have one more glass at supper time. If I don't stop I am up every hour during the night The reason it has to be room temp is because I chug it and I cant chug it if its ice cold Hope you find a solution because it is so so important.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #42  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
Newbie question here:

I did some research on coffee creamers vs skim milk and this is what I found

Skim Milk for 1 oz.: has 11 calories, 1.5 grams of carbs and 0.1 grams of total fat.

French Vanilla Sugar-Free liquid creamer 1 tbsp: has 15 calories, 1 gram of carbs and 1 gram of fat.

Would it be IP no-no to have the french vanilla in my one cup of coffee every morning rather than the skim milk?

Thanks!!
Many of us use the Vanilla RTD (ready to drink) as a creamer rather then skim milk. (since I don't use the whole package -usually a vanilla RTD lasts me 4-5 days as a creamer- my coach says I don't need to count it) Part of this diet and the rigors of this diet involve changing the chemistry of your body - there are certain things that hamper the bodies ability to become Alkaline and hinder entering into ketosis --I suspect it is more then just carb counts that are taken into account when the diet was created
Old 01-18-2011, 02:18 PM   #43  
Jess

S/C/G: 282.4/228.1/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
I was also craving soup yesterday!! I even googled low carb vegetable soups to see what came up, some looked interesting.

I think I gained almost 2lbs yesterday from all the coffee I drank trying to stay warm!! Today I vow to have a large bottle of water after every mug of coffee! Or switch to tea!? Tomorrow is my official weigh in and I'm worried that I will show a gain, which is a first!! I would hate to start going in the other direction, I only have 10 more pounds to go!

So I found that if I just make hot water (like tea) and drink that it keeps me warm and I am still getting in my water for the day.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM   #44  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Many of us use the Vanilla RTD (ready to drink) as a creamer rather then skim milk. (since I don't use the whole package -usually a vanilla RTD lasts me 4-5 days as a creamer- my coach says I don't need to count it) Part of this diet and the rigors of this diet involve changing the chemistry of your body - there are certain things that hamper the bodies ability to become Alkaline and hinder entering into ketosis --I suspect it is more then just carb counts that are taken into account when the diet was created
So the Vanilla RTD is a ready to drink IP product? I will have to check with my coach, I didn't see any of those when I bought my products for this week. Thanks!
Old 01-18-2011, 02:20 PM   #45  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bianchd View Post
I am a water drinker - and here is how-- Water does taste -- even plain water. I find that I cannot drink all kinds of water - for instance I cannot drink tap water because to me it tastes weird and smells funny (at least in my area) I also cannot drink mineral waters/spring water as I don't like the taste. Keep trying water to see which one tastes best to you -- it is so much easier to consume your water if you like the taste. If I cannot find the water I like it is VERY VERY difficult for me to drink my daily intake. I figure if I cannot drink wine then I can turn my palette to water (ha, ha, ha) - and for me that is the secret and the key to drinking my daily water. See if you can find a plain water that tastes good to you (I find reverse osmosis water actually has a mild sweet flavor which I like)
Closed Thread