Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:01 AM   #16  
Started IP 01/10/11

S/C/G: 289.4/192.6/200

Height: 5'11"

Question about Ketone test sticks. I have used them and compare them to the colors on the bottle. I seem to always be in the last 2 colors which above it say "Large". What exactly does this mean? I know my body is in Ketosis, but what does "Large" imply? Does it imply heavy Ketosis state? Just trying to understand.

What would cause the Ketone levels to drop? Say if I went down from large to small.

Is it ok to always be in the upper ranges?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:03 AM   #17  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all! Just wanted to RE ask my IP omelette question regarding the higher carb content? did anyone else see that? Was it not like 3 before? now with the new packaging it is 6 or 7 I think?? how many carbs does it take before an IP item is considered restricted? in the 'teens'?
HMMMM that is strange - I just got my box of omelettes yesterday. I just checked the nutritional label on the side of the box and it says 3 for carbs
Old 01-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
HMMMM that is strange - I just got my box of omelettes yesterday. I just checked the nutritional label on the side of the box and it says 3 for carbs
YEAH, this was a new packaging omelette box........... that is what caught my attention to check the label.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:16 AM   #19  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Good morning all! Just wanted to RE ask my IP omelette question regarding the higher carb content? did anyone else see that? Was it not like 3 before? now with the new packaging it is 6 or 7 I think?? how many carbs does it take before an IP item is considered restricted? in the 'teens'?
I don't pay a lot of attention to the carb counts but I have noticed that all the restricted bars have carb counts in the teens (15-18g) so I don't think the omelet is close to moving to restricted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
This and other posts makes me wonder if i should be tracking how many carbs I am taking in each day. I weigh in tonight and if it is not very good then maybe i will start doing that. I have just been trusting in the program and saying ok i have been told to eat this and that through out the day. but my coach also isn't one that gives out restricted items right away....and i eat the omelette. Not sure if that at least answers wether or not that one is restricted. From what I have read everything has gone up so that would probably still put the omelette in the relatively low side of things. According to my scale i broke into the 140's this morning! All be it only by .2 but HEY that for me is huge! I find that my body holds on at the end of a 10 pound range so as i bust into the next 10 pound range i get super excited cause things should pick up again. Too bad i weigh at night with jeans on at the "officially weigh in"!! Still should see a couple pounds gone CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME
Fingers crossed! Why don't you wear leggings instead of jeans?

Mrs Diettrich Congrats!

Medicmom Sounds like a great day! Enjoy!

Couts I second Kaarin...I think it's time for some progress pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
For me WI is after work today. I think (hope) I'm down about 3 lbs, and that will put me into the 180's. Man, it's been a LONG time since I was there!
I was at my family doctors yesterday for the first time since being on IP and he is fully on board. I haven't been on my high blood pressure pills for about 2 months and my recent blood work shows that my blood sugar is way down so that I am out of the 'danger' zone and back to normal. My cholesterol is still a little high, not enough for meds, but that's probably mostly due to my Finnish heritage.
I really need to go buy a few new clothes for work. I've been trying to hold out because I still have several sizes to lose. But my pants all have baggy butt and my tops and jackets are way too big. Oh well, nice problem to have.
Hope you all have a fabulous IP day!
Congrats on the weight loss and the great blood work results! Do you have a second hand store where you are? It's a great place to get cheaper replacement clothes for our ever-changing bodies. If not, a lot of stores are starting to have their end of season clearances now. A good time to pick up a few new items. Get staples (like tank tops if you layer) a size smaller. They stretch and it won't be long til they fit perfectly.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Well everyone seems to be happy this morning and I am right there with you! I once again am 2 lb. Peggy! I seem to always lose 2 lbs. a week. which to me is super awesome!
So WOOT WOOT! heres looking at February and the 130's which will blow my mind!
Old 01-18-2011, 10:33 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Well everyone seems to be happy this morning and I am right there with you! I once again am 2 lb. Peggy! I seem to always lose 2 lbs. a week. which to me is super awesome!
OMG! 130! Do you remember when we weighed 130???? LOL! I am striving for 135 after I return from vacation! Hoping for that by summer.

Lookin good, did you figure out how to post the pictures?
Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 AM   #22  

Default Big Breakfasts...

Just when I decide to move more of my calories to breakfast, I find this article from Science Daily
Quote:
Big Breakfast Generally Doesn't Help Weight Loss

ScienceDaily (Jan. 16, 2011) — Does eating a big breakfast help weight loss or is it better to skip breakfast altogether? Available information is confusing but new research published in BioMed Central's open access journal Nutrition Journal clears a path through these apparently contradictory reports.

Dr Volker Schusdziarra, from the Else-Kröner-Fresenius Center of Nutritional Medicine, conducted a study on over 300 people who were asked to keep a journal of what they usually ate. Within the group sometimes people ate a big breakfast, sometimes small, and sometimes skipped it all together.

Schusdziarra said that "the results of the study showed that people ate the same at lunch and dinner, regardless of what they had for breakfast," this means that a big breakfast (on average 400kcal greater than a small breakfast) resulted in a total increase in calories eaten over the day of about 400kcal. The only difference seen was the skipping of a mid morning snack when someone ate a really big breakfast, however this was not enough to offset the extra calories they had already eaten.

The group addressed previous research, which suggests that eating a big breakfast reduces total calorie intake over the day, and showed that this data is misleading. This earlier research only looked at the ratio of breakfast calories to daily calories and in Schusdziarra's study this ratio seems to be most affected by people eating less during the day. In other words their breakfast was proportionally, but not absolutely, bigger. So it seems that there is no magic and that, unfortunately, in the fight for weight-loss, eating a large breakfast must be counteracted by eating substantially less during the rest of the day.

In order to lose weight sensibly NHS guidelines (UK) suggest restricting calorie intake, cutting down on saturated fat and sugar, and eating 5-a-day fruit and veg.
But, since I'm only moving calories, not adding, this shouldn't make any difference now in Phase 1... but it could be something to watch out for in later phases...

hugs
Old 01-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #23  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lase88 View Post
Good Morning fellow IP'ers,

I have been plagued with a gastrointestinal virus the last few days. All the veggies have been making things worse. Anyone have any words of wisdom?

I stomach was so bloated yesterday when measured by my coach that it was up 2 inches! I lost inches everywhere else though.

I just began my 4th week yesterday. I have lost 13 lbs! I am a slow loser so I am very happy with this great achievement! This program is amazing!

I still have not taken the time to write my story in the introduction page. Life is too busy.

Have a great day,
linda
Congratulations on your loss!!!!!! - slow or fast a loss is a loss - sorry you are feeling so crummy. I find broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, turnips, radishes and green peppers really hard on my stomach when I am sick - cucumbers, celery and spinach seem to be a bit better (at for me). I hope you feel better
Old 01-18-2011, 10:45 AM   #24  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
This and other posts makes me wonder if i should be tracking how many carbs I am taking in each day. I weigh in tonight and if it is not very good then maybe i will start doing that. I have just been trusting in the program and saying ok i have been told to eat this and that through out the day. but my coach also isn't one that gives out restricted items right away....and i eat the omelette. Not sure if that at least answers wether or not that one is restricted. From what I have read everything has gone up so that would probably still put the omelette in the relatively low side of things. According to my scale i broke into the 140's this morning! All be it only by .2 but HEY that for me is huge! I find that my body holds on at the end of a 10 pound range so as i bust into the next 10 pound range i get super excited cause things should pick up again. Too bad i weigh at night with jeans on at the "officially weigh in"!! Still should see a couple pounds gone CROSS YOUR FINGERS FOR ME
Good luck!!!!! I made my coach (who works in a dr. office) weigh me in only my underwear - since I knew that I could "fool" the scale (I really shouldn't admit I have done this -but I have -- ohhhh the things I learned at WW) by strategically deciding what clothes to wear on weigh in days. The clothes are no longer part of the equation for me which makes it a constant rather then a variable. In the meantime I will cross my fingers and toes for you
Old 01-18-2011, 11:02 AM   #25  

Smile 2nd WI - I'm so happy!

My second WI was last night. I am down 5.4 lbs but I had a cheat day on Saturday. I am wondering if I may have lost any muscle or if the scale will creep back up next week. I hope not! I am sooo motivated! Thanks for the great posts! have a wonderful day everybody!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:16 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...Good Morning from snowy icy NJ (again)......I was supposed to go for WI, but had to postpone due to weather.

I have been cranky and depressed for a week...missing my daughter, tired of being home, MD said no work for another 2 wks... so, here it is....

MY CONFESSION: I had 1.5 pizza slices Saturday night.... I am not beating myself up about it because I made the decision to have it and feel NO guilt !! I tried to make the 'best' choice possible, thin crust, lite on cheese, extra mushrooms,etc... I did feel a bit nauseous afterwards..but I truly enjoyed every bite and realized that I have learned self-control and that eventually I CAN have a fatty treat every now and then !! I hope it didn't do much damage on the scale....I am not too far away from my 1st goal, but I do plan on adjusting my goal wt !!
My hub started IP on Sunday...he needs to lose 25 lbs...every one of those lbs is in his belly....I measured his belly , weighed him and am packing his lunch, coaching him,etc....I did remind him that HE has to want to do this, the 1st 2 wks are hard but WE have to go to Hawaii and visit Jules and I be strutting the beach with or w/o him !! =-)

I do enjoy reading all ur posts! You are all so inspirational !!
Good luck w WI's this week and congrads to all those w scale and NSV's!!

HAVE A GREAT 100% IP DAY !!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:23 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 247 / 247 / 180

Height: 5'6

Hello beautiful IP'ers!!!

I haven't logged on yesterday and on the weekend!!!
This weekend was tough. I did cheat unfortunetly. I can't beat myself up about it what is done is done and once again realized it was not worth it!!! Ugh why do we still do it???

I have a new coach I am sad because my old one was AWESOME and we bonded but she left the centre I go to...life goes on! I got to meet my new one last night and she is pretty great too!!! Full of energy and she inspired me like crazy with her weight loss so I am ready to continue my weight loss adventure with her!!!

CONGRATS to all the loses I have read that is AWESOME gang!!
I am soooo craving for a soup for supper!!! Anyone has any ideas on recipes that are quick and that do not involve the IP soup's??

I hope WE ALL have GREAT day on IP !!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #28  
Loving the Sleeved Life

S/C/G: 267/252/133.5

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I have been 'stuck' in the 60's for quite a while now..... loss is slower... I will be ecstatic to 'bust into the 50's'......... CROSSING fingers for you
I was checking out your stats and OMG! From 220s to 160s since NOVEMBER!!! That's amazing, you're awesome, and GO YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
My son and I are gonna just hang out in the warm house and see what kind of trouble we can get into!
To be 3....he wants ice cream for breakfast :S
Your son sounds adorable, and I love the Jammie Day! Have fun, incredible shrinking woman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning fellow IPers!
I haven't figured out how to multi-quote from a previous days thread so will repeat what I said there. Mrs Dietrich - WOO HOO! Couts - great loss, but I think we need a picture . Welcome back SweetSheila - I really enjoyed reading your posts when I first discovered this site back last fall.

For me WI is after work today. I think (hope) I'm down about 3 lbs, and that will put me into the 180's. Man, it's been a LONG time since I was there!
I was at my family doctors yesterday for the first time since being on IP and he is fully on board. I haven't been on my high blood pressure pills for about 2 months and my recent blood work shows that my blood sugar is way down so that I am out of the 'danger' zone and back to normal. My cholesterol is still a little high, not enough for meds, but that's probably mostly due to my Finnish heritage.
I really need to go buy a few new clothes for work. I've been trying to hold out because I still have several sizes to lose. But my pants all have baggy butt and my tops and jackets are way too big. Oh well, nice problem to have.
Hope you all have a fabulous IP day!
I DITTO your fantastic shout-outs from yesterday's news. Mrs. Deittrich, Couts, and SweetSheila you guys are rocking it! Congrats on the boobage news! I wonder...how much will you lose from losing some of those? Can't wait to see! (Is that weird? Probably, but almost no such thing as TMI here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceman11 View Post
Question about Ketone test sticks. I have used them and compare them to the colors on the bottle. I seem to always be in the last 2 colors which above it say "Large". What exactly does this mean? I know my body is in Ketosis, but what does "Large" imply? Does it imply heavy Ketosis state? Just trying to understand.

What would cause the Ketone levels to drop? Say if I went down from large to small.

Is it ok to always be in the upper ranges?
I asked my coach this and he said I'm not getting enough water, ketones are also released when you're slightly dehydrated, and because of my weight I'll be in a higher range. Maybe because guys lose faster? I know they're kind of silly and not a great indicator because they're not always accurate, but I find it so reassuring when mine turn pink or purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
2lbs. a week is wonderful! February in the 130s. Holy Cow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheekyWit View Post
Good luck!!!!! I made my coach (who works in a dr. office) weigh me in only my underwear - since I knew that I could "fool" the scale (I really shouldn't admit I have done this -but I have -- ohhhh the things I learned at WW) by strategically deciding what clothes to wear on weigh in days. The clothes are no longer part of the equation for me which makes it a constant rather then a variable. In the meantime I will cross my fingers and toes for you
I go in a sweater dress with tights and a tank top underneath. From the first day, I stripped to my tights and tank (except for the picture! I want to be able to post my before and afters in more than my skivvies!). My coach laughed because I blush when he measures me, but oh well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceymr View Post
My second WI was last night. I am down 5.4 lbs but I had a cheat day on Saturday. I am wondering if I may have lost any muscle or if the scale will creep back up next week. I hope not! I am sooo motivated! Thanks for the great posts! have a wonderful day everybody!
What an awesome loss! Don't let that cheat day plus loss encourage you to do it again, though, just to test your limits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
I have been cranky and depressed for a week...missing my daughter, tired of being home, MD said no work for another 2 wks... so, here it is....

MY CONFESSION: I had 1.5 pizza slices Saturday night.... I am not beating myself up about it because I made the decision to have it and feel NO guilt !! I tried to make the 'best' choice possible, thin crust, lite on cheese, extra mushrooms,etc... I did feel a bit nauseous afterwards..but I truly enjoyed every bite and realized that I have learned self-control and that eventually I CAN have a fatty treat every now and then !! I hope it didn't do much damage on the scale....I am not too far away from my 1st goal, but I do plan on adjusting my goal wt !!
My hub started IP on Sunday...he needs to lose 25 lbs...every one of those lbs is in his belly....I measured his belly , weighed him and am packing his lunch, coaching him,etc....I did remind him that HE has to want to do this, the 1st 2 wks are hard but WE have to go to Hawaii and visit Jules and I be strutting the beach with or w/o him !! =-)
You are so close! Keep it up! Good luck to your hubby and you will look and feel great strutting that beach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutieEli View Post
I haven't logged on yesterday and on the weekend!!!
This weekend was tough. I did cheat unfortunetly. I can't beat myself up about it what is done is done and once again realized it was not worth it!!! Ugh why do we still do it???
We do it because we are addicted to food. Rosemary has some great advice, check out the self-sabatoge thread.

AFM--NSV, walking up my stairs carrying my twins to their beds (50 pounds up and down the stairs several times a day, whew!) and MY SHORTS FELL OFF! Just fell right down around my ankles, so I just kicked them off and kept climbing. I got a serious case of the giggles, though! They were tight three weeks ago!!!
Old 01-18-2011, 11:49 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to encourage everyone to do well today. If your struggling take time to review your goals, look at your before pics, and make time to get on here for support. For those of you that have weigh in's today

Sheila
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 218.7/212.6/165

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joliebug82 View Post
I was checking out your stats and OMG! From 220s to 160s since NOVEMBER!!! That's amazing, you're awesome, and GO YOU!

!!!

no nono ! hahha I started here on this site in Nov.......but my IP life started Aug 4th.

That WOULD have been amazing eh? thanks for your kind words tho
Closed Thread