Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 06:01 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Wed. 6 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-06-2010, 06:59 AM   #2  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

What a great morning! My 15 year old granddaughter is coming today. I haven't seen her since the middle of summer and I can't wait for her to see the weight I have lost. I am excited.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:23 AM   #3  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning All!! Hope everyone has a happy hump-day Wednesday!! I am excited for Thanksgiving with my family this weekend, and my oldest sister coming back home with me to spend next week with me!! It will be nice to have someone else in the house, even if it is just for a week! I think I might end up keeping her!

Good luck to all those with their WI today!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Good morning! I have a question about TOM. Has anyone missed their TOM while on this diet?

Have a great IP day and all the best with everyones WI today!

Blessings!
Melissa
Old 10-06-2010, 08:41 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

OK, WI this a.m. which according to my scale I finally hit 15lbs and I think it's real. Hit is Sat a.m. when I woke but think Friday night alittle dehydrated so might have been a fluke. I really wish I was avg a couple lbs more per week but I watch everyone else and that's about normal.

(Copied from I'mSvelting blog)
"Sometimes as the “official” weekly weigh-in approaches, I get an acute attack of dietheadus severis. Rather than just accept the number that shows up on the scale, I think about how to game it. Drink more water! Have some extra salad! Drink less water! Eat only after the scale visit! Take a few fibre capsules!. Wear lightweight clothes! Brew and drink some completely unnecessary “get things moving” tea!

I know what the number is on my home scale when I weigh naked first thing in the morning. Why do I care what the number is hours later after having eaten, trekked to work, had litres of water and put on clothes?"

THIS IS SO ME EVERY WEEK - HOW DO I STOP THE SICKNESS

Question, do you set your goal or is there a certain goal for height?

Last edited by LAShutterbug; 10-06-2010 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:54 AM   #6  
Started IP 8/29/10

Big day at work today.... we have a Thanksgiving Potluck for 80 people planned for lunch. Deep-fried turkeys, roasted potatoes, stuffing, etc. This will be a challenging day, but my plan is to eat turkey, salad (that I'm bringing) and raw veggies. I will not think about the 8 pumpkin pies from Costco that are sitting in the back of my car. I will not.

Have a great on-plan day all!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:56 AM   #7  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookie View Post
Good morning! I have a question about TOM. Has anyone missed their TOM while on this diet?
I have never missed completely, but I have been late and early. I was told that you can miss, have it two times a month, and even people who have gone through menopause can get it again because you store hormones in your fat, so as your fat is being broken down, the hormones are released, so it can throw off your system..
Old 10-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #8  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

I know I have seen this somewhere before.....but any recommendations for cough drops/syrups that won't kick me off the wagon? I was sooooooo fighting temptation to pop a cough drop yesterday. Ugh. Colds blow (literately!) I swear if I teach my students anything this year.....it will be to COVER THEIR MOUTH! UGH!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:21 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Hallawe'en Challenge--as of this morning we lost 700.2lbs--way to go!!!!

Good Wed. Morning!!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!
to everyone with great WI, NSV and all the Newbies!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:42 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Second Weigh In

Good morning everyone!
Had my second WI last evening and I'm down another 4.2 lbs! I am SO happy!
Congratulations to everyone else yesterday with their great results and NSVs.

Shrinking Susie, I've also thought a lot about my goal weight - you and I are pretty much the same except you are an inch taller (and much younger! ). A doctor told me years ago that 140 lbs on someone in their 20s/30s looks different on someone older. Basically, that the older person didn't need to weigh as little. I don't know if this is bull kaka or not.
Anyhow, my thought, and I think Carla did this, is to get to 160, see how I feel about it and give myself a break. If I feel the need to lose another 10-20 lbs I will start IP over again.

Wishing everyone a fabulous IP day!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM   #11  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Anyhow, my thought, and I think Carla did this, is to get to 160, see how I feel about it and give myself a break. If I feel the need to lose another 10-20 lbs I will start IP over again.
Originally I had thought I would get to 160 and then see if I wanted to go further, but I decided I will aim low, and stop wherever feels right. I was going to stop and take a month or two off but then I was like in that month or two I could have been finished! It's all about my lower body now. I have barely lost any inches through my thighs and calves, and that is what I hate the most about my body, so I'm not ready to give up!!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! It is still raining here- we are now on day 4 of drab and dreary, yech! At least it's a good excuse to have a fire going! I have a question. I have been searching through the IP recipes to find a salad dressing that is legal. I am finding stuff with things in it that I can't eat right now (a lot of oil, almond shavings, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction? I use Walden farms stuff, but it is really expensive and would like to make some of my own. Thanks! Everyone have a great day!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:51 AM   #13  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning all! It is still raining here- we are now on day 4 of drab and dreary, yech! At least it's a good excuse to have a fire going! I have a question. I have been searching through the IP recipes to find a salad dressing that is legal. I am finding stuff with things in it that I can't eat right now (a lot of oil, almond shavings, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction? I use Walden farms stuff, but it is really expensive and would like to make some of my own. Thanks! Everyone have a great day!
I just put some olive oil on my salad, some sea salt and squeeze a lemon onto it! Really tasty!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:06 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now a member of the "losing hair club".

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I can do to combat this? I realllly don't want to be bald for my wedding. I don't think it would make for great pictures.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #15  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now a member of the "losing hair club".

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I can do to combat this? I realllly don't want to be bald for my wedding. I don't think it would make for great pictures.
I joined the club three weeks ago. I asked the Canadian Rep about it when I was at the seminar my work was having and he said take 2 anti-ox every day, and take 6 omega 3 for two days, 4 for 2 days, then 2 a day forever... I haven't started yet because I have been bad with taking my regular vitamins, so I want to get back on track with those first and see if that helps. But I was like Oh My! I clean my brush out every morning and get the amount of hair that would usually be after two weeks. And I clogged the bathtub drain twice already! Good thing I have thick hair!
Closed Thread