Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #46  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post

I also......have a severe hair loss problem. I was kinda hoping that this diet would improve it. We'll see, it can't possibly get any worse, I wouldn't notice it anyway!
Have you had your thyroid checked recently. Hypothyroidism, untreated, is a major cause of hair loss.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 191/135/115..started 10/4/10

Height: 4'10.5"

Day two on program for me. I love how they call to check with me every day to see how it is going! Question, can we have lemon in our water? I saw it was an allowed seasoning so I would think yes. I was going to ask about it today and totally forgot while talking to the nurse I am so excited. I didn't feel sluggish this afternoon...so that is great! So far, so good!!
Old 10-06-2010, 07:47 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Had my 5th WI this morning and was super pumped. 4.5 lbs for the week and I hit the 15.5lbs total so avg is 3lbs which I was so excited. But the biggest part is the inches. Chest - 5, Waist 6.5, Hips 5, Arms 2.5 and Thighs- 1.5. My clothes are really getting too big and that's cool too. Hope all have a great next WI and mine continues.
Old 10-06-2010, 07:59 PM   #49  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
I know I really need to chant this one, how about you all?

Drink your water and shout this Water Cheer!

Drink your water chug chug chug
Down it goes say glug glug glug
Fat will wash right off your thighs
Soon you’ll wear a SMALLER SIZE!

It's sunny outside but I'm feeling dreary today, wishing I could move back where I came from. My hormones are all out of wack from peri menapause. I want to eat bad stuff! Does that make me a bad person? Naw just a food addict of the worse kind!

Hang in there everyone!
The chant is adorable!
Old 10-06-2010, 08:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Had to share with you. I just found out that a couple family members were discussing my sour disposition the other day. One said to the other that she thought it was because I had been on this diet so long that I was hungry. The hunger was making me grouchy! Too funny. I guess there was no chance they were making me grouchy?

Little do they know that I am rarely ever actually hungry! I think my success is making them wish I was hungry.

Kuddos to me and IP!

Last edited by doxigirl; 10-06-2010 at 08:40 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #51  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Had to share with you. I just found out that a couple family members were discussing my sour disposition the other day. One said to the other that she thought it was because I had been on this diet so long that I was hungry. The hunger was making me grouchy! Too funny. I guess there was no chance they were making me grouchy?

Little do they know that I am rarely ever actually hungry! I think my success is making them wish I was hungry.

Kuddos to me and IP!
I'd bet on your interpretation.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
About the supplements. What are they? Fish oil?
The Omega 3 caps are borage oil and fish oil (sardine, anchovy and salmon). 1 capsule provides 400 mg EPA, 200 mg DHA and 200 mg GLA; recommendation is 3 capsules per day.

The Anti-oxy caps are herbal/spice anti-oxidants such as green tea, turmeric, berry extracts, resveratrol (grapes) and lycopene (found in tomatoes). Recommendation: 2/day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
I am on Day 6 and yesterday and today have been the first days I have been craving carbs. I almost killed my partner for his pizza sub! LOL!

I weighed this morning (even though I promised myself I wouldn't) Down 8 pounds!!!!!! I also have moved my belt notch by 2 holes on my uniform pants!

Everyone in my household is sick, and I have spent my first week on IP with Pneumonia. I managed to have all sugar free cough suppressant which was a relief. I was worried it would screw stuff up, but it obviously didn't.
2 notches on your belt! What a great non-scale victory (NSV) for your first week. And the 8 lbs speak for themselves. Glad you didn't hurt your partner. IP might be difficult to do behind bars. Good thinking about the sugar free cough suppressant, I never would have thought to look for that.

MotherDuckMJ and salesgod Between the two of you, you capture the full experience of drinking LOTS of water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngn4God View Post
Day two on program for me. I love how they call to check with me every day to see how it is going! Question, can we have lemon in our water? I saw it was an allowed seasoning so I would think yes. I was going to ask about it today and totally forgot while talking to the nurse I am so excited. I didn't feel sluggish this afternoon...so that is great! So far, so good!!
On my sheets, lemon is listed as acceptable for use as a condiment so a slice in water should be okay. Let us know what your nurse/coach says. Lucky you to have daily check-ins!
Old 10-06-2010, 09:14 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 202/165/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post

Drank my water wee wee wee
Now I have to pee pee pee
I've watered the throne so much, you know
Three baby toilets have started to grow...

I expected something witty and awesome from you in response. Thanks for living up to my expectations.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

hey there everyone... had a NSV today -> I ran into a cousin of mine and he asked where's the other half.. I thought he meant my DH so I told him working in the fields ( farmer) and he replied nooooooooooooo I meant you... wow was that a moment I won't forget to soon... just wanted to share =)
Old 10-06-2010, 09:24 PM   #55  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post
I see you have done awesome. When did you start?
Thanks - I started April 14 - 5 1/2 months ago. I feel fantastic. The best part is that I was taking many shots of insulin a day and now I am on a very minimal amt.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:29 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post

Drank my water wee wee wee
Now I have to pee pee pee
I've watered the throne so much, you know
Three baby toilets have started to grow...

Love that Dave!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngn4God View Post
Lemon is good to go. It's saved me a couple of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenley View Post
hey there everyone... had a NSV today -> I ran into a cousin of mine and he asked where's the other half.. I thought he meant my DH so I told him working in the fields ( farmer) and he replied nooooooooooooo I meant you... wow was that a moment I won't forget to soon... just wanted to share =)
Oh WOW! How fun is that, way to go!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcswain View Post
I microwave my cappucino for 45 seconds, stir and then heat again for 45 seconds. I watch it while it puffs up. The same with the chocolate drink. You can heat that into hot cocoa but you have to watch it. Enjoy it with a dollop of WF marshmallow creme on top
Not sure about the hot drink....do you just heat the water and then add the packet or do you mix it and then heat it?? I am like many others and don't want to waste a good protein by screwing up

thanks for your help
wen

p.s. love the cheers
Old 10-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I have never missed completely, but I have been late and early. I was told that you can miss, have it two times a month, and even people who have gone through menopause can get it again because you store hormones in your fat, so as your fat is being broken down, the hormones are released, so it can throw off your system..
Thank you Susie. I guess I will have to just be patient and wait to see what happens.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:24 PM   #59  

from another thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ
I feel frustrated with myself <snip>
I've lost 30 pounds in just a little over a month. I have over 100 still to lose, sometimes the road feels so long and I get discouraged. I want this and I need this. I can do this all the way... right?

I've never ever been successful all the way to a weight-loss goal. I've been heavy my whole life. I really want this but I have to find a way to quit sabotaging myself! I've just been crying off and on all day, I hate that food means this much to me!

You can do it
Yes you can
Please put down
That frying pan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
Not sure about the hot drink....do you just heat the water and then add the packet or do you mix it and then heat it?? I am like many others and don't want to waste a good protein by screwing up
Really wise people learn from other people's mistakes, so listen up! Mix the packets with water then heat. I tried mixing a cappuccino packet with hot water and got sweet-coffee flavored water with lots of bitty protein floaters. It was very unappetizing to look at and the texture was appalling. Needless to say, I haven't repeated that experiment!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-06-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #60  
Started IP 8/29/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post

thanks for your help
wen

p.s. love the cheers

I mix it up first, then put in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then another 30 seconds. It's important not to cook the protein, so test at 30 seconds to see if you need more time. I don't like tea or coffee hot, so making it "warm" is to my liking anyhow
Closed Thread