Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default My clinic "changing" protocol

Went for my weigh in last night and was told our clinic (coastalcrafter goes to the same one) is "changing" protocol. DH and I were like "what" I haven't read about protocol changes at 3FC.

It turns out they went to a seminar this weekend and got in trouble. Now we have to fill out our journals for them to review each week and can't have anything that isn't on the Phase 1, 2 or 3 sheets. HUH? Isn't that what we are supposed to be doing and have been for 11 weeks? okay, yes we have gone off protocol a couple of times

From the beginning it has bothered me that they don't check my journal even though I fill it out every day. If I had a week that was a little low, my coach never really questioned it. She asks "how was your week" and I might say "not great", but she doesn't ask any further questions.

OH! And they got new tape measures so every one of my measurements INCREASED by an inch or inch and a half. Fortunately, I tend to focus on my weight and not my measures. I know I am getting smaller because I am now wearing 6 or 8s instead of 16s. But I know there are lots of folks that place a great deal of importance on their measurements.

Coastalcrafter and I have never particularly cared for the way our clinic is run. The owner has no medical background (that we know of)....we think she's in it for the money. Apparently Corporate may have threatened to shut them down. They have clients who have been on the program for close to a year and not reached goal. I guess Corporate got fed up. Coastalcrafter can tell you about her coworker who has been on since I think Jan, but cheats every week with wine. Another friend of a friend has been doing the program with one or 2 glasses of wine ALMOST EVERY DAY!!

I am not sure how they will handle cheaters aka off protocolers. Maybe kick them out of the clinic??

Anyway, long story to get to my point that YEAH finally my coaches will be coaching!!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:51 AM   #17  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Great job kaarin!! :clap: :clap: 4 lbs. a week = I take it!

I hope I don't start losing hair. I was losing it before I started IP. And my hair is very fine and thin.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 AM   #18  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

My family came home from two months in France, Spain and Morocco...my grandson says he has "half the grandma he had before", my daughter said "you're so tiny" so now they think I should be done....but I'm not..They will have to deal with it. I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually look at myself in a fullview mirror!!!

The friend who got me interested in IP lives in Tampa and he came over on my coast yesterday and couldn't believe what had happened to me...he said "where did you go"? You have half the behind and half the bust you had. It was really a NSV day for me!!!!

By the way, I also pick something to wear that doesn't weigh a lot on my WI days..it's an old habit.

Marilyn
Old 10-06-2010, 12:00 PM   #19  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Gained .1 pound on my weigh in but lost a couple of inches. I like the loss of inches, but the weight needs to come off too, so we are looking at options to switch things up a bit. I had gone to all non-restricted packets other than on the days when I do lots of dancing and so she'd like me to have a restricted packet a day and see what happens. If I don't see change by the weekend then I may try another option.

I expect weeks like this will happen and so, while I'm disappointed, I'm not defeated.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:11 PM   #20  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosemary2612 View Post
What a great morning! My 15 year old granddaughter is coming today. I haven't seen her since the middle of summer and I can't wait for her to see the weight I have lost. I am excited.
I see you have done awesome. When did you start?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:14 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
I know I have seen this somewhere before.....but any recommendations for cough drops/syrups that won't kick me off the wagon? I was sooooooo fighting temptation to pop a cough drop yesterday. Ugh. Colds blow (literately!) I swear if I teach my students anything this year.....it will be to COVER THEIR MOUTH! UGH!
WYOangel are starting weights are the same...our goals are the same and we are both teachers...weird and cool...what do you teach?
Old 10-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Good morning everyone!
Had my second WI last evening and I'm down another 4.2 lbs! I am SO happy!
Congratulations to everyone else yesterday with their great results and NSVs.

Shrinking Susie, I've also thought a lot about my goal weight - you and I are pretty much the same except you are an inch taller (and much younger! ). A doctor told me years ago that 140 lbs on someone in their 20s/30s looks different on someone older. Basically, that the older person didn't need to weigh as little. I don't know if this is bull kaka or not.
Anyhow, my thought, and I think Carla did this, is to get to 160, see how I feel about it and give myself a break. If I feel the need to lose another 10-20 lbs I will start IP over again.

Wishing everyone a fabulous IP day!
I have the same plan...165....if I need to go further I will , but I will probably take a break.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning all! It is still raining here- we are now on day 4 of drab and dreary, yech! At least it's a good excuse to have a fire going! I have a question. I have been searching through the IP recipes to find a salad dressing that is legal. I am finding stuff with things in it that I can't eat right now (a lot of oil, almond shavings, etc). Can someone point me in the right direction? I use Walden farms stuff, but it is really expensive and would like to make some of my own. Thanks! Everyone have a great day!
I started a thread yesterday about this....a response I got that I am enjoying right now is....1 tsp of evoo, 1 tsp of dijion, sea salt, 1/4 packet of stevia, and cider vinegar to consistancy...yummy, but has a kick.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:21 PM   #24  

I P daily, too...
oh, sorry, I thought this was a poll..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now a member of the "losing hair club".

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I can do to combat this? I realllly don't want to be bald for my wedding. I don't think it would make for great pictures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I joined the club three weeks ago. I asked the Canadian Rep about it when I was at the seminar my work was having and he said take 2 anti-ox every day, and take 6 omega 3 for two days, 4 for 2 days, then 2 a day forever... I haven't started yet because I have been bad with taking my regular vitamins, so I want to get back on track with those first and see if that helps. But I was like Oh My! I clean my brush out every morning and get the amount of hair that would usually be after two weeks. And I clogged the bathtub drain twice already! Good thing I have thick hair!
My experience with hair loss started pretty early, I had probably been doing IP protocol for about a month... now, having just finished my 4th month, I think it's mostly stopped falling out & I'm starting to see lots of little fuzz in between the hairs that didn't fall out... maybe the omega 3s I've been taking for other reasons helped that too... (fish oil is supposed to be good for that darned saggy skin).. mine didn't get too thin anyway... my mother noticed it, but I think she's just super-observant...

So, don't worry, it'll grow back... don't stress about it though, could be that might make it worse before it gets better... (gleaned from my very UN-scientific research/experience)..

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
Anyway, long story to get to my point that YEAH finally my coaches will be coaching!!
Great news about your (& CC's) coaches!.. you're doing great anyway, but it'll be nice to be getting the right help...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
My family came home from two months in France, Spain and Morocco...my grandson says he has "half the grandma he had before", my daughter said "you're so tiny" so now they think I should be done....but I'm not..They will have to deal with it. I'm finally getting to the point where I can actually look at myself in a fullview mirror!!!

The friend who got me interested in IP lives in Tampa and he came over on my coast yesterday and couldn't believe what had happened to me...he said "where did you go"? You have half the behind and half the bust you had. It was really a NSV day for me!!!!

By the way, I also pick something to wear that doesn't weigh a lot on my WI days..it's an old habit.

Marilyn
I can't wait for my son & his family to see me!.. I can just imagine my little 5-year-old grandson saying, "Hey, you're not Grandmom!"..

hugs
Old 10-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default day 1!!!

Here goes!!
Had my first meeting and got my food for my first week. I'm excited. I had cappucino for breakfast. Note to self: Do NOT microwave for a full minute......what a mess!
I have a cold and can't taste a thing. I have no idea if I liked it or not. *sigh*
I will be looking to all of you for support to make it.
thank you
Old 10-06-2010, 12:48 PM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
Here goes!!
Had my first meeting and got my food for my first week. I'm excited. I had cappucino for breakfast. Note to self: Do NOT microwave for a full minute......what a mess!
I have a cold and can't taste a thing. I have no idea if I liked it or not. *sigh*
I will be looking to all of you for support to make it.
thank you
Welcome, and hope the cold is on the way out. Just a tip: If you heat drinks, do it on defrost and for 30 seconds to start with. Don't microwave it in the shaker.
Old 10-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #27  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
It will be nice to have someone else in the house, even if it is just for a week! I think I might end up keeping her!
You made me giggle -- something I rarely do at 6:53 in the morning!
Old 10-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #28  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post

Marilyn
What a great story! It's times like this that make all the hard work and dedication worthwhile. Good for you!
Old 10-06-2010, 01:03 PM   #29  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Hello all. I've been avoiding 3fc like the plague since my vow to stay on protocol last Thursday. Had a rough break up with the boyfriend of 2 years on top of one of the most stressful school weeks of my life. Therefore, I did not even come close to following plan. On the bright side, I did tend to eat smaller portions of healthier options then I used to would have back before I started this program. Oh and did I mention last week was TOM? Needless to say, when I stepped on the scale yesterday morning I was unimpressed. I drank a ton of water yesterday though and dropped 3 lbs over night. Ha it's crazy how our bodies work. Regarding hairloss, I feel like I've always had a lot come out in the shower and so on.. so if it's happening now, I don't notice a difference. I'm still trying to make 20 lbs. by Halloween. It's going to be extra tough after the train wreck this weekend. Fortunately, I'm only up 2 lbs. from last week and I'm willing to bet it's just water retention seeing as how I didn't even gain 5 lbs. back after being off plan all summer long. I don't think one weekend of being very cautious about my choices could make me gain 5 lbs. LOL. I remember reading similar stories from those of you who have had TOMS and been shocked to wake up and see a 5 or 6 lb. weight gain only to have it all come off within the next few days. This is encouraging. Well congrats to everyone who stayed strong this past week. Have a wonderful day
Old 10-06-2010, 01:23 PM   #30  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Well, I hate to say it, but I'm now a member of the "losing hair club".

Can anyone point me in the right direction or tell me what I can do to combat this? I realllly don't want to be bald for my wedding. I don't think it would make for great pictures.
Withing the last 2-3 days, I think, Carla gave here full regimen. I use 2 Inositol capsules, 500 mg each, NOW brand; and 2 fish oil, 1000 mg each daily. I'm in week 16 and haven't lost hair yet, thank goodness.
Closed Thread