Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 08:45 AM   #376  

S/C/G: 148/111.5/115

Height: 5'4"

Stacerp, I am sorry about your mum and dad. I lost my parents a few years ago and it changes your life, destabilizes you, no matter how old they are. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your dad.

Dina, my heart goes out to you and your friend. My best friend in the world is battling cancer. I agree with the poster who said go visit, cherish the time you have left, try to make each other laugh in the face of the terror. Everything seems so heightened at a time like this. My friend said, "The universe feels very open." I think that about sums it up.

My thoughts for peace and some comfort are with you both.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:44 AM   #377  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
so I posted some incriminating ones of me on the PROGRESS PHOTOS link too...hope mine don't end up in the news LOL... not ready yet but getting there ;-)
Awesome pictures! What I love is the change that happens in such a short amount of time. OH and by the way.....my pictures were in our stinkin newspaper yesterday too!!! I better get some free product over this
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 AM   #378  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Awesome pictures! What I love is the change that happens in such a short amount of time. OH and by the way.....my pictures were in our stinkin newspaper yesterday too!!! I better get some free product over this
Girl seriously, GET ON IT!!!! you are a celebrity now! No joke, they really should compensate you somehow.

I am letting everyone know here that I will NOT be happy if my pics make it out somewhere out there. I am sharing with you all whom I trust but no one else. When I am famous that would not be a good thing to be reminded of ;-)
Old 08-12-2010, 10:16 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Has anyone else noticed that they bruise easier since starting IP? Maybe I've just become more clumsy? lol
Yes, my legs have been itching this week and I think I have bruised them from itching too hard. I have bruises all over my legs.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:36 AM   #380  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
What would bother me, Carla is that they didn't contact you. It seems like the least they could/would do. You signed a release, but they still should have "congratulated" you on being selected as the new "IP Cover Girl"
Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM   #381  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
What would bother me, Carla is that they didn't contact you. It seems like the least they could/would do. You signed a release, but they still should have "congratulated" you on being selected as the new "IP Cover Girl"
I would have to agree with you Kelsey! I didn't like finding out by getting phone calls from my friend and dad. I might have myself a little discussion with them the next time I go weigh in. Maybe since I want to start Phase 1 in September to get 10 lbs off they could at least give me 1 week of food or something
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #382  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
I would have to agree with you Kelsey! I didn't like finding out by getting phone calls from my friend and dad. I might have myself a little discussion with them the next time I go weigh in. Maybe since I want to start Phase 1 in September to get 10 lbs off they could at least give me 1 week of food or something
Hey your their new poster girl I'd tell em you want 10 pounds for free and they can have another pictuuuurrreee....and you could even throw in a testimonal ...hee hee... you look fantastic, great job!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #383  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
go visit, cherish the time you have left, try to make each other laugh in the face of the terror. Everything seems so heightened at a time like this. My friend said, "The universe feels very open." I think that about sums it up.
Laughter is simply the best medicine and yet sometimes it is the hardest thing to do.... so I send out my smiles and laughter to you all that need it the most today
Old 08-12-2010, 12:41 PM   #384  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
So sorry to hear about your dad and yes we do remember you.

hey I got off for the wedding also so getting back on track recently...not as strict as I could be either. Lets get back on this track, shall we?

Welcome back!
I did see your wedding pix - you were absolutely gorgeous! (as we all knew you would be)

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Stace! Welcome back.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My deepest sympathies for your loss. I am very glad you were able to be with him and your family when it was so important.

I think your coach was really kind. You are going to do just great getting back to where you are and moving down from there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Welcome back Stacerp. I wondered what happened to you. So sorry to hear about your Dad. Aren't you amazing to get right back up on the horse and lose 6 lbs already?? Sounds like you will be fine. You rock!
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Stacerp....I was so excited when I saw your pic. I am so sorry about your father. Welcome back.....I'm trying really hard to make the 140's. As I'm sure you know, the rally is going on this week, so I am really busy and can't get to weigh in. So, I'm hoping that by next week I'll see that 4 on the scale!!
I'm so glad to have you back.
I was so happy to see you still hear as well!! I'm a little jealous that you have pulled so far ahead of me in the losing department, though! haha Seriously though, congratulations!! You are doing awesome and I am sooo happy for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Stacerp: very sorry to hear of your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family.

today is an emotionally difficult day for me. A great friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 5 years ago (she's 40 yrs old now) and has been fighting it ever since. today, she called me to let me know that she will be admitted to hospice care today and I am devastated. although i've seen her through this horrific journey and knew that she has been struggling in the fight, the realities of losing her are difficult. I feel helpless and sad. Her mother is here taking care of her, but I feel for her mother as well, who has 2 children, my friend and an autistic son. I cannot imagine how and what she is feeling right now knowing that her daughter will no longer be here in person. it just breaks my heart to know that there is nothing i or anyone else can do.

feeling sad, dina
Dina, that is very, very sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. Trust me, you will never regret spending 'too much' time with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
STACERP - I'm so sorry for you loss. Welcome back! Sounds like you are doing well and you'll be back to where you left off before you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Stacerp & Dina: So sad for both of you -- Dina, I lost my dear friend last September to cancer and I think of her nearly every day. Very sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
dietfrenzy and Stacerp: So sorry. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Of course we remember you! I'm so sorry about your dad...

And yes, this you DO have control over. So welcome back, we're glad you're here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicjul View Post
Welcome back stacerp

I am very sorry to hear about your father.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
Stacerp, I am sorry about your mum and dad. I lost my parents a few years ago and it changes your life, destabilizes you, no matter how old they are. I'm glad you got to spend some time with your dad.

My thoughts for peace and some comfort are with you both.
EVERYONE: Thanks so much for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It really does mean so much to be away for a time and come back to all of you While I am extremely sad to have lost both my parents already, I feel very blessed to have been able to spend every moment of their last few months with them (They lived 9 hours from me and my DH took care of the 3 kids and all their activities while I was gone). Anyway, it's good to be back here!! Love you all
Old 08-12-2010, 12:44 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Had my 1 week weigh in today (reintroduction...). Lost 6.8 pounds and 6.25 inches. Gotta love all that water weight going whoooosh! the first week Still not back to where I was, but trudging forward!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #386  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Had my 1 week weigh in today (reintroduction...). Lost 6.8 pounds and 6.25 inches. Gotta love all that water weight going whoooosh! the first week Still not back to where I was, but trudging forward!
Hi,

I can't find your post about your father BUT my condolences. I can't imagin loosing my father, in fact, I will be giving him a call shortly.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:58 PM   #387  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
WHOO HOO !!! Great loss !!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Pita: Do you think it's your gycogen stores finally kicking in?

Also, I had a moment of panic when I realized that at 147, if my goal was really 135, I'd be about 7-8 pounds from phasing off.

I decided I'd get to 135, though, and then make the call about my goal weight, so that makes me at least 12 pounds away. I think I want to change it to 130 or 125. Co-workers keep saying I have nothing more to lose, but honestly, you haven't seen me naked! Eek!
who knows what is going on. this morning I was back down around 126 again. I had pork suasage last night so maybe too much salt was the culprit. I need to leave the scale in the dust and move on.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:06 PM   #389  

Quote:
Erin, hang in there...add magnesium at night too and see how that helps you move your #2s ;-)

Here is something I found that may also help shed some light for you...as always PLEASE don't panic with the scale as much, look at how your clothes fit!

"When the muscles are not used to being worked out regularly, they are more likely to become sore and increase in size. After you have been working out for a while, the muscles will stabilize in size and become more toned when doing aerobic exercises. Cardiovascular activities like running, walking and swimming tend to promote lean, toned muscles. Certain activities will yield larger, stronger muscles, which can contribute to weight gain. For example, lifting heavier weights can put on muscle. Some weight gain due to muscle building is common. The upside is that after the muscles are sufficiently strong enough to handle harder workouts, you can burn calories faster."

The weight gain you have experienced is absolutely normal. It is known as the ‘initial weight gain’ which happens to many people when they begin a comprehensive exercise program which includes cardiorespiratory training, resistance training(exercising with weights), and flexibility training. This scares many people - women especially.
SO ignore the weighing scale, but instead, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself :

How do you look?
How do your clothes fit?
Are good changes going on with your body shape or physique?
Are you generally feeling better?
you know it was how my pants fit that saved the day for me this morning. I was so sad last night with what the scale showed me, this morning I wore my tightest pants and they are just fine, hopped on the scale (just to check) and a few pounds was gone. IF I had really gained 3 pounds, no way I would so comfy in my pants right now.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #390  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
DEFINITELY! I would ask for the product. That is crazy that they wouldn't give you a heads up.

Quote:
Girl seriously, GET ON IT!!!! you are a celebrity now! No joke, they really should compensate you somehow.

I am letting everyone know here that I will NOT be happy if my pics make it out somewhere out there. I am sharing with you all whom I trust but no one else. When I am famous that would not be a good thing to be reminded of ;-)
I think you can give them formal written notice that you revoke your waiver and require them to request and obtain your permission before using your pictures. It might be worth a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
That would bother me too! At least I was asked and notified before my pictures were used. I know it might not be the case going forward but, I won't be blindsided.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
who knows what is going on. this morning I was back down around 126 again. I had pork suasage last night so maybe too much salt was the culprit. I need to leave the scale in the dust and move on.

"By Jove! I think she's got it"

spoken by Professor Higgins from the musical -"My Fair Lady" and in the book Pygmalion by George Bernard Shaw

I think you are doing the right thing. Go by how your clothes fit. A pound or 4, up or down, will often vary from day to day. Just watch that they don't stay up for days on end. If you are happy with how your clothes fit and feel right now. Use that as a gauge to see if you are still where you want to be.

It is time for you to enjoy living maintenance!
Closed Thread