Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #361  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
congrats to all the wonderful losses recently and stacerp, we missed you!! i'm so sorry to head about your dad

i've been pretty sad lately...started working out last tuesday and started phase 3 this week, i'm up 4 lbs. i just don't even know where to begin on how defeated i feel. waaah waaah i know, but i thought the working out was going to help and that i wasn't gonna gain a bunch with phase 3. i need some motivation to not throw in the towel. WHEN WILL THIS ALL BE GONE? 4 months almost, aggggggh!!!

Erin - I gained 4 pounds this week as well - after my big drop of 8 last week, I gained 1/2 of it back - I've been on my feet alot more - working at my husbands store, today i had to put away 32 cases of soda, so I'm getting a work out while working and since I really haven't done any exercising since I've started IP - that is what I'm blaming it on!!!! plus i'm not gettin all my packages/veggies or salads in - so I'm sure that's also why this happened.

To all who have offered there opinion on my fasting, I've decided against - i've done so good so far and the changes my body have gone through so far, I dont' want to risk having more changes. My husband is understanding - today was day 1 and he did not do well - as for myself, i had 2 hours of sleep because I closed our business @ 11:30 pm - and then went home to cook him breakfast - once he got up at 3:15 AM to eat i couldn't go back to sleep - then i had to work this morning at my FULL TIME job - had my WI and then went home to prepare this dinner (love the crock pot!!!) and started working at the store @ 3 pm -

So right about now I'm dragging my behind!!! and unforutnatley I need to go home and do it all over again.... but on a positive note - my mom send me some before pics and I'm shocked @ the change - i had them up at work and everyone couldn't believe it - I'll post them as soon as I have the time!!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:04 PM   #362  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frita View Post
Erin - I gained 4 pounds this week as well - after my big drop of 8 last week, I gained 1/2 of it back - I've been on my feet alot more - working at my husbands store, today i had to put away 32 cases of soda, so I'm getting a work out while working and since I really haven't done any exercising since I've started IP - that is what I'm blaming it on!!!! plus i'm not gettin all my packages/veggies or salads in - so I'm sure that's also why this happened.

To all who have offered there opinion on my fasting, I've decided against - i've done so good so far and the changes my body have gone through so far, I dont' want to risk having more changes. My husband is understanding - today was day 1 and he did not do well - as for myself, i had 2 hours of sleep because I closed our business @ 11:30 pm - and then went home to cook him breakfast - once he got up at 3:15 AM to eat i couldn't go back to sleep - then i had to work this morning at my FULL TIME job - had my WI and then went home to prepare this dinner (love the crock pot!!!) and started working at the store @ 3 pm -

So right about now I'm dragging my behind!!! and unforutnatley I need to go home and do it all over again.... but on a positive note - my mom send me some before pics and I'm shocked @ the change - i had them up at work and everyone couldn't believe it - I'll post them as soon as I have the time!!!!!
i'm starting to think water retention has something to do with it..i know this is probably TMI, but i haven't gone #2 in about 5 days, i even took 3 novilax last night and NOTHING. ack! you'd think with phase 3 and having more fiber i would be more regular, but this is obviously not the case. anyone have an explanation for THIS?

frita
i think you made a wise decision and i hope hubby is supportive

Last edited by mamaerinb; 08-11-2010 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Stacerp: very sorry to hear of your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family.

today is an emotionally difficult day for me. A great friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 5 years ago (she's 40 yrs old now) and has been fighting it ever since. today, she called me to let me know that she will be admitted to hospice care today and I am devastated. although i've seen her through this horrific journey and knew that she has been struggling in the fight, the realities of losing her are difficult. I feel helpless and sad. Her mother is here taking care of her, but I feel for her mother as well, who has 2 children, my friend and an autistic son. I cannot imagine how and what she is feeling right now knowing that her daughter will no longer be here in person. it just breaks my heart to know that there is nothing i or anyone else can do.

feeling sad, dina
Old 08-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #364  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Dina, I feel bad for you. I'm so sorry about your friend. Go and visit. Talk about all the fun things you have done. Laugh and enjoy each other as long as you can. I lost my best friend 5 1/2 years ago to a heart attach(she was 41) We never got to say good-bye. I miss her very much and so many times want to tell her those little things that you love to share with a best friend. They don't mean much to anyone else. Anyway, my thoughts are with you during this really hard time.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:39 PM   #365  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinoa1823 View Post
YAY!! I made it to ONEderland!! 197.5 official weigh in this week
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful news!

KELSEY - Thanks and congrats on your new and improved BMI. I was so happy when I made it, but its taking a lot longer to reach 145 - normal.

HOPEFUL - Thanks a lot! You're so close. When do you leave for Italy? I just got my pre-vacation plan from my coach. She wants me to start Phase 2 on 8/18 for 2 weeks and then go to Phase 3 for 2 weeks, but rather than go to Phase 4 on vacation, she suggested I stay on Phase 3 to allow for cheats. She swears I won't gain more than 3 lbs. if I do it that way, so I'm going to follow her suggestion.

STACERP - I'm so sorry for you loss. Welcome back! Sounds like you are doing well and you'll be back to where you left off before you know it.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:41 PM   #366  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
i'm starting to think water retention has something to do with it..i know this is probably TMI, but i haven't gone #2 in about 5 days, i even took 3 novilax last night and NOTHING. ack! you'd think with phase 3 and having more fiber i would be more regular, but this is obviously not the case. anyone have an explanation for THIS?

frita
i think you made a wise decision and i hope hubby is supportive
Erin, hang in there...add magnesium at night too and see how that helps you move your #2s ;-)

Here is something I found that may also help shed some light for you...as always PLEASE don't panic with the scale as much, look at how your clothes fit!

"When the muscles are not used to being worked out regularly, they are more likely to become sore and increase in size. After you have been working out for a while, the muscles will stabilize in size and become more toned when doing aerobic exercises. Cardiovascular activities like running, walking and swimming tend to promote lean, toned muscles. Certain activities will yield larger, stronger muscles, which can contribute to weight gain. For example, lifting heavier weights can put on muscle. Some weight gain due to muscle building is common. The upside is that after the muscles are sufficiently strong enough to handle harder workouts, you can burn calories faster."

The weight gain you have experienced is absolutely normal. It is known as the ‘initial weight gain’ which happens to many people when they begin a comprehensive exercise program which includes cardiorespiratory training, resistance training(exercising with weights), and flexibility training. This scares many people - women especially.
SO ignore the weighing scale, but instead, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself :

How do you look?
How do your clothes fit?
Are good changes going on with your body shape or physique?
Are you generally feeling better?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:55 PM   #367  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Erin, hang in there...add magnesium at night too and see how that helps you move your #2s ;-)

Here is something I found that may also help shed some light for you...as always PLEASE don't panic with the scale as much, look at how your clothes fit!

"When the muscles are not used to being worked out regularly, they are more likely to become sore and increase in size. After you have been working out for a while, the muscles will stabilize in size and become more toned when doing aerobic exercises. Cardiovascular activities like running, walking and swimming tend to promote lean, toned muscles. Certain activities will yield larger, stronger muscles, which can contribute to weight gain. For example, lifting heavier weights can put on muscle. Some weight gain due to muscle building is common. The upside is that after the muscles are sufficiently strong enough to handle harder workouts, you can burn calories faster."

The weight gain you have experienced is absolutely normal. It is known as the ‘initial weight gain’ which happens to many people when they begin a comprehensive exercise program which includes cardiorespiratory training, resistance training(exercising with weights), and flexibility training. This scares many people - women especially.
SO ignore the weighing scale, but instead, look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself :

How do you look?
How do your clothes fit?
Are good changes going on with your body shape or physique?
Are you generally feeling better?

thank you eli, i so needed this, especially from you! i'm going to keep trucking. i have worked out 4 days out of the last 8. i know that some say not to do that but i feel that along with my healthy eating habits i've learned from ip, i NEED to make exercise a REGULAR thing-which it never has been before. i took a bunch of pictures last week from all angles and am planning on tracking my progress through pictures every two weeks. i feel full and bloated every night after all the food i consume, but the morning i feel like i'm at 162 again-though the scale is not saying that. you're right i need to just re-focus on the long term and not so much on the morning weigh ins. i ideally want to be at 155 with muscles and in a 6 with every clothing manufacturer. and who knows..maybe these 4 lbs will be muscle that goes straight to my booty. workin' on that perky round butt(like you)!!
Old 08-11-2010, 11:56 PM   #368  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Stacerp & Dina: So sad for both of you -- Dina, I lost my dear friend last September to cancer and I think of her nearly every day. Very sad.

To all those who said they bruise easily...ditto over here. I bruise easily normally, but this is much more. I feel like someone, maybe Carla, answered what they thought it was. I've given up searching the forums, otherwise I would try.

Ok....drumroll....I made the 140's tonight with a vengence...147.8...that's 3.8 pounds. I think I yipped I was so excited. If I lose 2.8 pouns this week, I'll go from Overweigh to NORMAL BMI. Woot Woot!

On the way home from the clinic, I thought about what I did last week to make it successful -- it was a crazy, stressful week filled with houseguests and weddings, so it wasn't easy. The fact that I accomplished that with so many distractions made me excited about the possibilities for following the diet to the end.

*I think that last week my loss was actually bigger...but the big C was a problem. Who knows, but I think that was a factor.
*I decided I wasn't going to cheat, and I was going to tell my out of town friends why, that way they weren't always bugging me to eat things I couldn't. We eat well when we're together normally, but it was great and they were really supportive.
*I let myself be flexible in ways I don't normally on the diet -- so, if I needed more protien, I ate it. Eggs, mostly, I ate three over the weekend that I wouldn't have normally had at different times. One was on a late night where I hadn't gotten dinner, and was starving and nearly popped a ravioli in my mouth just to keep from passing out.
*So that I wasn't totally out of it, one day I had a little bit of steak and eggs with everyone.
*One night, when I couldn't get anything on plan where I was, so I ate a bar for dinner and my veggies I'd packed. Glad I had them.

Overall, my experience with my friends, the fun we had, or the wedding weren't lessened by not eating or drinking what everyone else was. Would it have been nice to have the Moet Champagne? Yeah. Will I there still be Moet in the world when I'm done with IP? Yup. My reward was the nearly 4 pound loss!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:14 AM   #369  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Up 3 pounds. Pretty upset. Only culprit, too much alcohol. I am in phase 4 so please don't say I shouldn't as I am allowed BUT I CHOSE the wrong kind.

Last edited by pitakitten; 08-12-2010 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:34 AM   #370  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
Up 3 pounds. Pretty upset. Only culprit, too much alcohol. I am in phase 4 so please don't say I shouldn't as I am allowed BUT I CHOSE the wrong kind.
Pita: Do you think it's your gycogen stores finally kicking in?

Also, I had a moment of panic when I realized that at 147, if my goal was really 135, I'd be about 7-8 pounds from phasing off.

I decided I'd get to 135, though, and then make the call about my goal weight, so that makes me at least 12 pounds away. I think I want to change it to 130 or 125. Co-workers keep saying I have nothing more to lose, but honestly, you haven't seen me naked! Eek!
Old 08-12-2010, 01:42 AM   #371  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
COngratulations

Quote:
i've been pretty sad lately...started working out last tuesday and started phase 3 this week, i'm up 4 lbs. i just don't even know where to begin on how defeated i feel. waaah waaah i know, but i thought the working out was going to help and that i wasn't gonna gain a bunch with phase 3. i need some motivation to not throw in the towel. WHEN WILL THIS ALL BE GONE? 4 months almost, aggggggh!!!
I understand your need to exercise. Hopefully, given you are in phase 3 it may change once your body gets adjusted to the new routine.

Quote:
Some information I recently read in an interview given by Mike Ciell, indicates that they wake up the gut in phase 2 and the pancreas in phase 3. They do it in that order because some people do have a bit of sensitivity and they begin to have digestive and intestinal stress as the "real food" is added back. He also indicated that it is very important that we go through all phases for the appropriate times to get the benefits long term. If we shoot straight to real food similar to phase 3, then some people go back to producing insulin like they did. I am guessing your issues may have to do with adjusting to the new food volume. Fiber should cause you too "move" but, for some people, it first causes the big C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Stacerp: very sorry to hear of your loss. my thoughts are with you and your family.

today is an emotionally difficult day for me. A great friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 5 years ago (she's 40 yrs old now) and has been fighting it ever since. today, she called me to let me know that she will be admitted to hospice care today and I am devastated. although i've seen her through this horrific journey and knew that she has been struggling in the fight, the realities of losing her are difficult. I feel helpless and sad. Her mother is here taking care of her, but I feel for her mother as well, who has 2 children, my friend and an autistic son. I cannot imagine how and what she is feeling right now knowing that her daughter will no longer be here in person. it just breaks my heart to know that there is nothing i or anyone else can do.

feeling sad, dina
I am sad for you Dina. That is a very difficult thing to go through. Your friend is lucky to have had you there all these years. My thoughts are with you and I hope you find a way to enjoy the precious time you have with your friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
OK. Lady! Have your pity party, then put on the big girl pants, and be glad you are in phase 4!

I know what you are saying. It is very disappointing. The thing is, as I see it, WE WILL NEVER CONSTANTLY be the weight we wish to be. Take some stress out of your life and find a reasonable weight range . Say 123-129. That allows you to drift up or down by 3 pounds. Always go back to phase 1 until the added weight is dropped. It works like that.

You may vary that much in a day and not have had any alcohol, truffles, or dehydration from over exercising.

I know you will get right back on track and next week will be sharing that you have reached 120!
Old 08-12-2010, 07:07 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
YEH!!

Quote:

feeling sad, dina
dietfrenzy and Stacerp: So sorry. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM   #373  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Overall, my experience with my friends, the fun we had, or the wedding weren't lessened by not eating or drinking what everyone else was. Would it have been nice to have the Moet Champagne? Yeah. Will I there still be Moet in the world when I'm done with IP? Yup. My reward was the nearly 4 pound loss!
Nice

Quote:
today is an emotionally difficult day for me. A great friend of mine was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer 5 years ago. today, she called me to let me know that she will be admitted to hospice care today and I am devastated. it just breaks my heart to know that there is nothing i or anyone else can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Hi everyone! Wow, lot's of new faces Some of you may remember me (?) before I suddenly went AWOL a couple of months ago. We lost my dad on July 8th and I came home a week later.

I started back on IP last Thursday. It feels really good to have control over something in my life.
Of course we remember you! I'm so sorry about your dad...

And yes, this you DO have control over. So welcome back, we're glad you're here.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:38 AM   #374  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Quote:
YAY!!! It feels awesome, doesn't it?! Congrats!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:39 AM   #375  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Welcome back stacerp

I am very sorry to hear about your father.
Closed Thread