Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 10:35 PM   #406  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
Help me help me help.

I've had a headache for 2 days straight. I've done the salt shots more than once a day and have gotten ZERO relief.

I don't really want to take pain killers because I guess I'm afraid they'll screw me up ketosis wise.

Someone give me the ok to pop some Advil...I'm dying over here. It hurts to blink my eyes.
Advil doesn't have carbs. Take them. Don't be in pain girl!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:36 PM   #407  
Start Date: 2/8/10

S/C/G: 207.1/155.1/134

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
My IP doc says phase 2 for 1 week and then phase 3 for the trip BUT I am asking again next appointment. I don't think I want to be on phase 3 (big breakfast) on this trip. I want to enjoy a glass of wine, a piece of bread with olive oil. I can skip the pasta, most of the desserts and a huge meal in the morning. I am sure I will go back to phase 1 after the trip. Still want to lose 17 lbs. Wish I could lose it before the trip. I leave on September 5.
I love and miss breakfast, but I can do the vanilla rtd's everyday. Just wish I could get them. Lindora and New Lifestyle were both out of stock. I'm sure I can modify the big breakfast, but I understand the reason for it is so you burn the carbs off all day. I shrunk my stomach and the last thing I want to do is stretch it out.

You are sooooo good "a glass of wine" - I hope I can limit wine to 2 - 3. I agree with you on the bread and I can skip pasta, potatoes, rice, beans and the like. One bite of a dessert I really want to try is enough for me, but I'm going to do my best not to, maybe fruit. I will also do my best to stay away from cheese, but that, wine and french bread are my fav, and will be much harder to resist. Did I mention I was going on a cruise? Yikes!!

One thing I can say is - there will be a lot of walking, so hopefully that will help. After what happened to you on your bike, I want to make sure I get enough protein. Water is no problem for me. I was thinking of taking the IP bars. For the past 6 months I rarely have the bars and when I do, I only have 1/8 - 1/4 of the bar, but they are the only IP products besides the chips that are ready to eat and I can pack.

Stacerp lost over 6 lbs. already. I'm sure going back on Phase 1 will take care of any gain.

I leave the 18th so I hope to hear about your trip before I leave.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:37 PM   #408  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayoubi View Post
originally posted in a July chat thread on today's date
So I'm on Day 2 of IP out of my doctor's office and I feel terrible today. I've been plagued with fatigue, constant headaches, and all day ever since forcing down each meal I've had so far just thinking about it makes me extremely nauseous (I'm nauseous typing this post!). I haven't enjoyed one thing that I've eaten yet out of an IP packet besides the bar I went for to up my blood sugar a bit, and I think it's the smell and taste of protein that makes me feel so sick to my stomach. Will this end? Are some foods/drinks just better than others? I'm not sure I can deal if I have to feel this way every day.
kayoubi I hope you find this post.

If you've read the chat threads, you'll know that the first few days of IP can be tough. You should see an improvement tomorrow or the day after. Almost everyone has gone through this initial transition -- and we're still here because it ended Hang on!

Everyone has their favorite packets and they're all different. You'll have to try them to find some you like.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #409  
aka, Rosie

Smile

Quote:
Help me help me help.

I've had a headache for 2 days straight. I've done the salt shots more than once a day and have gotten ZERO relief.

I don't really want to take pain killers because I guess I'm afraid they'll screw me up ketosis wise.

Someone give me the ok to pop some Advil...I'm dying over here. It hurts to blink my eyes.
Get some relief take the Advil. I had to take some for a couple of days, a couple of weeks ago, I don't think it messed up my ketosis. But, I don't know for sure, I did still have a loss. I say get the relief now. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by 6710; 08-12-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 PM   #410  

Quote:
Help me help me help.

Sorry to hear it's sooo bad. I hope you can read this. I'm with Rosie ... take an ibuprofen. I wish I could remember which thread mentioned that there was nothing to worry about when taking ibuprofen while on IP. The regular cautions with it still apply -- maximum daily dosage for a limited period of time (4 days I think) -- check your bottle.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:02 PM   #411  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Just popping in to say hello,............ sending hugs and condolences to those who shared they lost loved ones.. I was shocked to read in the newspaper a client of mine whom we thought beat cancer suddenly died rom it.. She was 54, and a bright, cheerful, energetic lady. Our loss is heaven's gain.

Today was the anniv of my Mother In Law's passing (I was her caretaker), she was a fun loving woman full of vinegar! I miss her dearly..
Aug 27 is the 1st anniv of my nephew's death. He was the victim of a home invasion/robbery and shot for just being home.. so sad..

I have been very emotional on this diet. It makes sense because I am an emotional eater, so now that I am not eating the 'good feeling' carbs I love, I have to deal with all these emotions... woo.. this is rough... so quess what I did today at work? I asked my boss to cut off my hair into a chin length bob..She didn't want to do it.. I insisted..My co workers were shocked, I always had the long wavy beautiful hair that I wore many ways.. well now that my face is thinner I can wear a smooty bob! My hair grows an inch a month, really! So If I want it long again it'll grow!! I just needed a change, hoping it helps the blues go away... it has!!!

I echo your thoughts with being emotional. I lost my 60-year-old dad on June 9 after a five-month battle with cancer (WAY too fast).... a freak cancer... esophageal, even though he didn't smoke or drink ever. My parents celebrated 40 years last summer. Anyway, a few weeks later, my mom and husband and I decided to do this all together (IP). After 4 weeks I'm down about 25 lbs... I told her I'm so grateful with this because without it I was only going to go off the deep end the other way... which would have led to the 400's, no joke. So, a long journey to go, but better to go this way.

Anyway, I feel more emotional, too, but have attributed it to Dad's death (mild depression, etc.) overall. Not sure that's all, though. Just saying, I understand the emotional! And I miss bread!!
Old 08-12-2010, 11:46 PM   #412  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibug02 View Post
I don't know what to do...I am on my second day...and I need something to put on the lettuce. Walden Farms is NASTY!!! Any suggestions?
Have you checked out the recipes threads for dressing options? There are a few. I seem to remember a raspberry vinaigerette that is made using the IP jello. I know there is a mustard thyme recipe. I am sure of an Italian and a caesar dressing too. I think there are at least 6 on there. OOOO... just remembered a thai dressing and a cumin lime dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker View Post
Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm on day 2 and I'm hoping after tomorrow I won't get a raging headache at 3:00. I'm getting married in less than a month and am trying to get the last few pounds off. I can't believe how much I'm looking forward to my weigh in. I realized today that my consultation didn't provide a lot of the information I need. I think I'm going to request another meeting at my site.

Quote:
Just popping in to say hello,............ sending hugs and condolences to those who shared they lost loved ones.. I was shocked to read in the newspaper a client of mine whom we thought beat cancer suddenly died rom it.. She was 54, and a bright, cheerful, energetic lady. Our loss is heaven's gain.

Today was the anniv of my Mother In Law's passing (I was her caretaker), she was a fun loving woman full of vinegar! I miss her dearly..
Aug 27 is the 1st anniv of my nephew's death. He was the victim of a home invasion/robbery and shot for just being home.. so sad..

I have been very emotional on this diet. It makes sense because I am an emotional eater, so now that I am not eating the 'good feeling' carbs I love, I have to deal with all these emotions... woo.. this is rough... so quess what I did today at work? I asked my boss to cut off my hair into a chin length bob..She didn't want to do it.. I insisted..My co workers were shocked, I always had the long wavy beautiful hair that I wore many ways.. well now that my face is thinner I can wear a smooty bob! My hair grows an inch a month, really! So If I want it long again it'll grow!! I just needed a change, hoping it helps the blues go away... it has!!!
HI! I am so sorry for your losses. I know what you mean about the emotional eating that you "used" to do. I have had to deal with many of these "anniversaries" and all without the food. Sometimes it is very hard. I have actually gone to bed early a few times just to get past it.

Quote:
thanks so much for your kind words... I am a thyroid cancer survivor, the east coast has the highest rate of thyroid cancer , maybe it;s the granite or the fish we eat on the coast here???

anyway, great weight loss!!
I didn't realize the east coast had the highest thyroid cancer rates!! Interesting. I am in the southwest and both my grandmother and my sister have had thyroid cancer. BOTH survived. My grandmother had it back in 1959 and, back then, because it was encapsulated all they did was a partial thyroidectomy. For my sis, she had the same thing but, they opted to do a full thyroidectomy with radiation treatment.

I am so glad that you have beat your cancer. That is a great thing to hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chale1 View Post
Hi -
I just started the ideal protein diet 4 weeks ago and I am down 17.4 pounds. I am so excited to read everyone else's opinions.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Help me help me help.

I've had a headache for 2 days straight. ....

ABSOLULTELY!! Ibuprofen is perfectly fine to take!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
I echo your thoughts with being emotional. I lost my 60-year-old dad on June 9 after a five-month battle with cancer (WAY too fast).... a freak cancer... esophageal, even though he didn't smoke or drink ever. My parents celebrated 40 years last summer. Anyway, a few weeks later, my mom and husband and I decided to do this all together (IP). After 4 weeks I'm down about 25 lbs... I told her I'm so grateful with this because without it I was only going to go off the deep end the other way... which would have led to the 400's, no joke. So, a long journey to go, but better to go this way.

Anyway, I feel more emotional, too, but have attributed it to Dad's death (mild depression, etc.) overall. Not sure that's all, though. Just saying, I understand the emotional! And I miss bread!!
I am so sorry for your loss. Your father was so young. I know that first year is full of emotional challenges. You will get the good and the bad of this. The good, you will find what things are your emotional triggers and learn how to get past them. The bad, sometimes it feels extra challenging when you are in that moment and trying to retrain yourself. You will find overall the diet really helps you to stay strong.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:06 AM   #413  

S/C/G: 166/139/140

Height: 5'6"

I had my 3rd WI and I've now lost a total of 12 lbs. Yeah! It was my TOM that week too, and I've drop a couple of pounds according to my scale in the last couple days.

I can't even express what a breakthrough this is for me. I was always a weight watchers girl, went two different times all the way to goal and used that program to maintain and all was well until after the birth of my second child. I had developed an underactive thyroid and I couldn't lose weight to save my life. I went back to weight watchers and was lucky if I lost a pound in a month's time. I began jogging and was up to 15-18 miles a week, tracked my calories, still couldn't lose weight. It was taking all I was doing just to maintain. This went on for 3 years. When I heard about IP I was desperate for something that would work, and even then I thought I would never be able to lose weight as fast as everybody else because of my thyroid. But I was wrong. My week average is 4 lbs. I've never lost weight like this before. Even in my early 20's (I'm 39 now). This October is my birthday and it looks like at 40 I'm going to be thinner than any time in my 30's!! WOW!

My desperation has helped me not to cheat because I knew I had nothing else to fall back on, but I can definitely say, if it worked for me, it really can work for anyone!

Kelley
Old 08-13-2010, 02:12 AM   #414  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post
I had my 3rd WI and I've now lost a total of 12 lbs. Yeah! It was my TOM that week too, and I've drop a couple of pounds according to my scale in the last couple days.

... I had developed an underactive thyroid and I couldn't lose weight to save my life. I went back to weight watchers and was lucky if I lost a pound in a month's time. I began jogging and was up to 15-18 miles a week, tracked my calories, still couldn't lose weight. It was taking all I was doing just to maintain. This went on for 3 years. When I heard about IP I was desperate for something that would work, and even then I thought I would never be able to lose weight as fast as everybody else because of my thyroid. But I was wrong. My week average is 4 lbs. I've never lost weight like this before. Even in my early 20's (I'm 39 now). This October is my birthday and it looks like at 40 I'm going to be thinner than any time in my 30's!! WOW!

My desperation has helped me not to cheat because I knew I had nothing else to fall back on, but I can definitely say, if it worked for me, it really can work for anyone!

Kelley

WOO HOO!! That is wonderful! I am so happy to see you had an excellent 3rd week/TOM weigh in.

I know what you mean about the constant work out and watching of diet only resulting in gain. I too had a underactive thyroid and was having the same experience! I went into this with the attitude "if I can only lose 1 pound a week it is more than I am doing now." I lost an average of 4 pounds a week for the first 10 weeks!! It was the first time in my life I was dropping and not plateauing!

I am so happy for you that you are experiencing the wonderful benefits of this plan!
Old 08-13-2010, 07:10 AM   #415  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Just a thought... Could we have a Sticky labeled "IP - Simply Facts"? We could use this to post the files for protocol, nutritional values, etc. There are probably 10 or 15 posts throughout our site that have important informational attachments. It seems like we repeat them frequently because nobody can find them. I would think the number of posts could remain small. Any thoughts?
Old 08-13-2010, 07:35 AM   #416  

S/C/G: 141.5/135.5/130-132?

Height: 5'4

Here's to Day 3 and high hopes that I don't get a headache!!
Old 08-13-2010, 08:05 AM   #417  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Another GREAT article.... I for one have seen this "trend" grow like a weed.... PLEASE keep an eye on your kids...and yourselves!....have I said how much I dislike Estrogen yet? Yeah, the reason I gained weight

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08...-consequences/
Old 08-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #418  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelleFL View Post
I love and miss breakfast, but I can do the vanilla rtd's everyday. Just wish I could get them. Lindora and New Lifestyle were both out of stock. I'm sure I can modify the big breakfast, but I understand the reason for it is so you burn the carbs off all day. I shrunk my stomach and the last thing I want to do is stretch it out.

You are sooooo good "a glass of wine" - I hope I can limit wine to 2 - 3. I agree with you on the bread and I can skip pasta, potatoes, rice, beans and the like. One bite of a dessert I really want to try is enough for me, but I'm going to do my best not to, maybe fruit. I will also do my best to stay away from cheese, but that, wine and french bread are my fav, and will be much harder to resist. Did I mention I was going on a cruise? Yikes!!

One thing I can say is - there will be a lot of walking, so hopefully that will help. After what happened to you on your bike, I want to make sure I get enough protein. Water is no problem for me. I was thinking of taking the IP bars. For the past 6 months I rarely have the bars and when I do, I only have 1/8 - 1/4 of the bar, but they are the only IP products besides the chips that are ready to eat and I can pack.

Stacerp lost over 6 lbs. already. I'm sure going back on Phase 1 will take care of any gain.

I leave the 18th so I hope to hear about your trip before I leave.
Chelle- I have stockpiled the vanilla drinks- have about 3 weeks worth. I just kept checking Lindora every day. Bought once at full price and once on sale. But they are too heavy to take to Italy so like you, I am planning on taking bars like I did to Napa in February and packages of some drink- maybe the yogurts. I do love breakfast too (will be thrilled about phase 3 here in the states) but that isn't what I'm looking forward to in Italy. More the long leisurely lunches or dinners...Don't want to have eaten all the food at breakfast so I can't enjoy the later meals. We return on the 15th to NYC. Drive for 8 hours on the 16th for our baby boy's college parents weekend. I will really try to tell you all about the trip before the 18th but I'm not going to have much computer time. On our way to the beach for a week this coming Wednesday. It will be challenging as well... pina coladas or margaritas?? I guess not.

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 08-13-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:42 AM   #419  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

For those that have the headaches: I had them too and took Aleve, didn't seem to affect weight loss.

Yesterday I got kind of dizzy and I noticed I was more hungry than I had been recently, so had to eat a protein bar and drink an extra protein shake. Has anyone else had this happen or am I coming down with the cold virus that my daughter just got over?
Old 08-13-2010, 09:35 AM   #420  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Another GREAT article.... I for one have seen this "trend" grow like a weed.... PLEASE keep an eye on your kids...and yourselves!....have I said how much I dislike Estrogen yet? Yeah, the reason I gained weight

http://www.politicsdaily.com/2010/08...-consequences/
There was a segment about this on the Today Show yesterday. It's really sad that kids are having to deal with this at such an early age. It mentions a study that shows it doesn't happen as much in northern California - possibly due to a healthier lifestyle.
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38600414/ns/38547066

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelleyAnn View Post

I can't even express what a breakthrough this is for me. I was always a weight watchers girl, went two different times all the way to goal and used that program to maintain and all was well until after the birth of my second child. I had developed an underactive thyroid and I couldn't lose weight to save my life. I went back to weight watchers and was lucky if I lost a pound in a month's time. I began jogging and was up to 15-18 miles a week, tracked my calories, still couldn't lose weight. It was taking all I was doing just to maintain. This went on for 3 years. When I heard about IP I was desperate for something that would work, and even then I thought I would never be able to lose weight as fast as everybody else because of my thyroid. But I was wrong. My week average is 4 lbs. I've never lost weight like this before. Even in my early 20's (I'm 39 now). This October is my birthday and it looks like at 40 I'm going to be thinner than any time in my 30's!! WOW!

Kelley
Congratulations, Kelley! That is so exciting!! This was my 'last chance diet' too. Your excitement and enthusiasm reminds me of how I felt in the beginning. Thanks for the reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefulTricia View Post
Chelle- I have stockpiled the vanilla drinks- have about 3 weeks worth. I just kept checking Lindora every day. Bought once at full price and once on sale. But they are too heavy to take to Italy so like you, I am planning on taking bars like I did to Napa in February and packages of some drink- maybe the yogurts. I do love breakfast too (will be thrilled about phase 3 here in the states) but that isn't what I'm looking forward to in Italy. More the long leisurely lunches or dinners...Don't want to have eaten all the food at breakfast so I can't enjoy the later meals. We return on the 15th to NYC. Drive for 8 hours on the 16th for our baby boy's college parents weekend. I will really try to tell you all about the trip before the 18th but I'm not going to have much computer time. On our way to the beach for a week this coming Wednesday. It will be challenging as well... pina coladas or margaritas?? I guess not.
Wow- you are going to be busy! Have fun, and revel in how wonderful you will feel traveling in your new body!!

~Stacey
Closed Thread