Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #346  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Well I had my weigh in today and only lost one pound. It is a still a loss and I am not upset about it. The last few times I have gone the coaches have been concerned with my muscle. When I first started the scale would not even tell how much muscle I had because it was so low. I am loosing weight but my muscle is not going up hardly at all. The coaches are concerned and have not seen anything like it with anyone else. They have added an extra packet and nothing. They had me quit walking. Now I am walking again. How do I get that muscle? When my muscle does go up it comes down the next week. Any ideas why this would be or what I need to do? Is this just the way I am built. Maybe I am just a small muscle kinda gal
Depending on the method or tools they are using there may be some significant error in the results. Don't become too excited or worried.

Elizabeth may offer the best answer for how to get the muscle.

I remember my trainer once told me, "women don't have the hormones to make them bulk up quickly. It takes a lot of work over a year for some women to put on just 7 pounds. Most women have between 25 and 50% of their LEAN body mass (not total weight) as muscle" . Granted some people are truly blessed and gain muscle with easy. But, nothing is wrong with you if you are just a lean/slender build person. You may have to be satisfied with losing weight and maintaining muscle & lean body mass until you are in a place where you can more aggressively weight train and create the level of muscle you desire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post

But I took a deep breath, logged in here, and within minutes I have calmed down. I am just hoping that DH will offer to cook dinner. We work together - offices right next to each other - so he knows how frustrated I am today. Maybe he'll say "relax, read a book, I'll call you when dinner's on the table".

A girl can dream, right?

Thanks to all of you for "being" here.

Oh and I had another 3.8 loss at weigh in last night. 13.6 total in 3 weeks. Which is sad that such a bad day took the fun away from sharing that information with everyone.

2 of these to show that what I put on I can get off!
Congratulations on the 3.8 pound loss. That is great!

I am sorry to hear today is going a bit rough. I hope you ask your husband to cook tonight if that is what you need. More importantly, I hope he agrees to do it.

Here is hoping tomorrow is better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Has anyone noticed very pronounced veins in your arms or legs? I looked down one day and the inside of arm was blue. Very blue. Then I looked down at my leg and it was the same way! I have never seen my veins so pronounced that my limb appeared blue.

It definitely helps! I was searching on something else on the forum and just ran across your post from last week and thought about PM'ing you. If you figure out anything that lessens the pain, please let me know. I took a break from exercising this week but it still hurts at random times. Thanks Pita!
I have the more pronounced veins now and definitely see blue on my hands forearms, biceps (inside) and my feet. My legs are still thick so not much shows there.

Regarding your pain, Please tell your coach and doctor. You really should not have pain associated with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI#7 Results: -2lbs!!

Over halfway to goal!!! 20lbs lost so far!!! YESSSSS!!!!!

Take that horrible week!
Halfway!! That is fantastic Keep up the good work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
My read of the sheet is that this is the protocol for breakfast ONLY in phase 3, so in addition you have the whole protein lunch and dinner, plus the 2 c. veggies and salad, etc. So, its meant to be 500-600 calories JUST for breakfast. Am I mis-reading it? My DH is starting phase 3 on Saturday so I am especially curious..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post

I just read her your post... I'll give her the hug tomorrow when I fly up to NH for my mom's birthday.

You are reading it correctly. This is for breakfast only. The BIG breakfast.
thanks Rocky and Novak! WOW, no wonder this is called "the big breakfast"! yum!!

Novak, Enjoy your mom's birthday. I hope she has a wonderful time with you all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Thanks for all the feedback. I've decided to be honored that they want to use my pictures I shouldn't be embarrassed at what I looked like, I should be so proud of where I am now.

My DH is so cute, he still looks at my before picture and says, "Are you sure they didn't photoshop this picture? That can't be you!" I love him <3
What a sweet man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Hi everyone! Wow, lot's of new faces Some of you may remember me (?) before I suddenly went AWOL a couple of months ago. My Dad was diagnosed with a rare blood disease and I quickly went to spend time with him. (We lost my mom 3 years ago to cancer). Needless to say, I didn't have enough IP food to take with me so I kind of winged it for awhile. Both my sisters and their families were there - so lot's of cooking and food. I eventually went to the dark side and did NOT phase out. I now see just how important those phases are. We lost my dad on July 8th and I came home a week later.

I started back on IP last Thursday. I had gained 10 pounds back.... I could really feel it too - I was miserable (could mostly feel it with back fat that I had lost all of ewww According to my scales I have lost probably 8 of that in the last 6 days. I will get the official count tomorrow. My coach was really sweet (or appalled haha) and wouldn't show me my prior measurements for comparison when I restarted. I'm excited to have control again over my food choices. It feels really good to have control over something in my life.

Anyhoo, long story somewhat shorter, I am back and thrilled to see progress you all have made!! IP RAWKS!!
Stace! Welcome back.

I am so sorry to hear about your father. My deepest sympathies for your loss. I am very glad you were able to be with him and your family when it was so important.

I think your coach was really kind. You are going to do just great getting back to where you are and moving down from there!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6710 View Post
Posts do occur very quickly, I can't keep up either. Congratulations on joining IP and welcome on board! I haven't tried the jelly, so I'm sorry I can't help you with it, but I'm sure someone else will respond. I know Salesgod loves it. I think it's really great that your coach supports your appreciation of this board. Here is a link for the commonly used Acronyms, hope it helps. Rosie
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-acronyms.html
Thanks for the link to the list. I did not realize it was there. Pretty funny to read them all. I must be old because I feel weird not typing complete words!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:46 PM   #348  
Mitts

S/C/G: 207/174/???

Height: 5.0

Hi,
I have more questions :
- why is aspartame not good ? Really the question is why can we not drink diet pops, even if it is all zeros
- how bad is it to miss a protein in a day, sometime I get carried away with work and I forget to eat my lunch. Can I just go with two for that day or should I take two at supper ?
- how do I get a idealtogo account ? I sent them two emails asking to register and they never got back to me.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

Mitts

Old 08-11-2010, 07:48 PM   #349  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitts View Post
Hi,
I have more questions :
- why is aspartame not good ? Really the question is why can we not drink diet pops, even if it is all zeros
- how bad is it to miss a protein in a day, sometime I get carried away with work and I forget to eat my lunch. Can I just go with two for that day or should I take two at supper ?
- how do I get a idealtogo account ? I sent them two emails asking to register and they never got back to me.

Once again, thank you for all your help.

Mitts

I will answer the second one... you need to feed your body so your sugar levels don't drop...plus you don't want to lose muscle mass... you are in a very low calorie diet as is so you need to have protein to sustain the muscle and burn the fat
Old 08-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #350  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

[QUOTE=Mitts;3432621]

Mitts
/QUOTE]

Here's the URL for registering: http://www.idealtogo.com/phpbb3/ucp....0152f4225e30d9 Or, just Google "register idealtogo."

Last edited by Linden; 08-11-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 07:52 PM   #351  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
Hi everyone! Wow, lot's of new faces Some of you may remember me (?)
Anyhoo, long story somewhat shorter, I am back and thrilled to see progress you all have made!! IP RAWKS!!
Welcome back Stacerp. I wondered what happened to you. So sorry to hear about your Dad. Aren't you amazing to get right back up on the horse and lose 6 lbs already?? Sounds like you will be fine. You rock!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:58 PM   #352  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

hey all,
I just got an online coupon from New Lifestyle (where I get the vanilla RTDs that are identical to IP. They also have mocha and chocolate). It says I can forward it to anyone, so here is the code info:

Save $35 Add $200 or more worth of products and save $35 off the price of your order when using the coupon code: aug2010
Offer Expires: 8/31/10
Not applicable to CA state sales tax or the cost of shipping.
Available once to each household and can be shared with any friends.

I am not sure what the "cost of shipping" thing means, since if you order $200 or more the shipping is free. Maybe just their standard language? but you can try ordering, put the code in and you should get free shipping AND $35 off, I think.

I can't put the link here but google New Lifestyle
Old 08-11-2010, 08:21 PM   #353  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Stacerp....I was so excited when I saw your pic. I am so sorry about your father. Welcome back.....I'm trying really hard to make the 140's. As I'm sure you know, the rally is going on this week, so I am really busy and can't get to weigh in. So, I'm hoping that by next week I'll see that 4 on the scale!!
I'm so glad to have you back.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:28 PM   #354  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

I just completed my weigh in after 6 weeks on IP. I only lost 2.5 pounds but my husband was very quick to remind me how much my loss is showing in other areas and he really likes it! ;-)
Old 08-11-2010, 09:39 PM   #355  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Has anyone else noticed that they bruise easier since starting IP? Maybe I've just become more clumsy? lol
Old 08-11-2010, 09:44 PM   #356  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Has anyone else noticed that they bruise easier since starting IP? Maybe I've just become more clumsy? lol
I do! I have bruises all over. Unless I've become more clumsy, too.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #357  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Haha, I notice mostly on my legs... I look and am like "Where did that come from?"
Old 08-11-2010, 09:50 PM   #358  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
Haha, I notice mostly on my legs... I look and am like "Where did that come from?"
I have them all over - legs, arms, hips, back. I look like I've been in a fight.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:53 PM   #359  

S/C/G: S/C/G -- 240/183.5/150

Height: 5'4

YAY!! I made it to ONEderland!! 197.5 official weigh in this week
Old 08-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #360  

Height: 5'8"

congrats to all the wonderful losses recently and stacerp, we missed you!! i'm so sorry to head about your dad

i've been pretty sad lately...started working out last tuesday and started phase 3 this week, i'm up 4 lbs. i just don't even know where to begin on how defeated i feel. waaah waaah i know, but i thought the working out was going to help and that i wasn't gonna gain a bunch with phase 3. i need some motivation to not throw in the towel. WHEN WILL THIS ALL BE GONE? 4 months almost, aggggggh!!!
Closed Thread