Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 06:35 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Mamaerin & Pita - I'm sorry if I'm considered part of a mean girl club, I'm sure that's the implication. I feel like I'm trying to offer help to those who ask, and encourage people along the way.

I think over time I've been sympathetic to everyone who has fallen off the wagon at one time or another and discussed the pros and cons of having a few extras here or there or not.

I have had people privately message me with their frustrations over the in-depth talk of cheats and how hard it is for them and I thought someone should mention it in public on the forum. It was never meant as an attack but rather as another opinion for all of us to consider.

I'm not perfect, nor is anyone on here. I've occasionally had cheese and butter and even mayo on this diet and even went off program on mothers day so believe me I understand that this diet is hard and sometimes we do adapt it to help us through it.

I want this forum to be a nurturing environment for all of us, including those who are 100% protocol and those who aren't, but I do feel like when I mentioned the concerns that had been brought to me I was then attacked for it, when I was just trying to get everyone to think about how talking in depth about cheats can harm those who are also struggling.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, that has never ever been my M.O. Today I have a sick feeling in my stomach and want to bow out of this forum even though I need it to get through the next 60 lbs of my journey because I'm fairly shy and sensitive and think maybe I never should have said anything at all even though I felt it was right to mention. Now I'm being personally attacked for it.

Anyway this diet is hard, any diet is and we all need to be positive and supportive and think of the feelings of the entire group and I'm sorry if I was insensitve toward anyone, I just thought I should speak up to hopefully benefit everyone and I guess for my personal psyche I won't do that again.
Jordanna you offer much needed advice and I don't think anyone was pointing the finger at you so to speak. I think we all just need to step back take a deep breath and put this all behind us and move on.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #122  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
I actually agree with lets not talk about anything that has NOTHING to do with IP. I would like to suggest that should include: family, marriages, kids, divorces, pets and religion for that matter.

I for one am fully supportive of that.

Jordana: the only thing that you have said which has been hurtfull to me personally has been "to keep your cheats to yourself". That is actually a very harsh thing to say when someone shows up for support. If you can't give support then you shouldn't comment and if you can then thats lovely. To be honest I was feeling very dizzy and after posting the comment I realized that it was due to not taking my suppliments. I have always appreciated the positive feedback that you give and I believe I have mentioned this before but I owe that rhubarb recepie to you "I think".
Pita, perhaps I should have worded it better - I didn't mean that you shouldn't tell everyone you had a cheat, like I said, this diet is hard and we all fall off the wagon here and there. We are surrounded by all the comforts of food and drink all of the time, and we all need encouragement to get back on the wagon.

Perhaps I should have said that we don't need the nitty gritty details of what we indulge in...I easily could have told everyone what I ate on mothers day, but didn't feel it was fair to bring it up.

I'm sorry that I didn't word it better...that was my mistake.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:45 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Hey Everyone!!!....what do you say to starting a new thread for the week, and get back to the love???????
Old 06-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 179/156/150

Height: 5' 7.5"

Wow - it's pretty rough out here today. Tempers are flaring - you would think we are all on a diet or something!!!! ;-)

Maybe a solution would be a special thread for "I fell off the wagon" where people who want to confess their cheats can and people who don't want to hear about it can ignore that thread.

Hang in there everyone. We are all after the same goals!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:47 PM   #125  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
Jordanna, we want you to stay! You have to! I'd like to see the forum talk about healthy food and IP, etc. rather than talk about alcohol which is not part of IP.

It's time for some to stop the venom and get better; not bitter! We've got some excellent veteran IP folks on here that I'm afraid we're going to lose! We need their straightforward FACTS and INFO on the PROTOCOL and all things IP and LOW CARB. If you've been on IP for a month or less, your knowledge may not be that of someone who has been on for 5 or 6 months so let's let these wonderful veterans continue to be the fantastic resource they have been. Those veterans in Phases 2, 3, and 4 are very important to me and others so please refrain from discussing personal escapades that are not beneficial to the forum. We have limited space on the board so let's use it wisely and stay focused on the topic.

i agree jordanna, we all want you to stay.

chimp, i only see one truly bitter person on this board in all actuality. i think most of us are here for the right reasons-to give and get support and to GET BETTER. i honestly hope you never have to deal with a "personal escapade" and get to sit in your house all day on the ip forum where it's safe.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #126  

Jordanna, I want to train to run a 5k one day, too. What coach to 5k program did you download from iTunes?
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #127  

i Have Started A New Thread For Us all For The Week
Old 06-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #128  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
I just need to mention that I did feel personally attacked because right after I answered someones post about the nuts and seeds and the reasoning about not being on protocol you immediately pointed out that ribs weren't on protocol...which I am aware of...

then your brought up my rhubarb crisp recipe being slathered in butter...

and I also felt that the "bikini on the weekend comment" might have been at me because clearly I'm much larger than any of the other ladies who made comments today...and that almost left me in tears because believe me I'm quite aware that I will never be able to wear a bikini and don't need others pointing it out.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that words can be hurtful and we need to be aware of what we say on here. I hope all of this can stop because I'm unhealthy and I need this forum to lose another 60 lbs on top of the 70 that are gone. My journey is long and I personally need all the help I can get.

i will say again, i was not attacking you and my point was that everyone falls and needs help getting back up. it was purely coincidence that your post about seeds was before mine. if you'd truly like to know who my post was mainly intended for please PM me if you are that interested and i will gladly say a name.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #129  

I agree with diceydoe. Maybe we need a ''Confess your sins "" thread ?

oh and also a new week thread

Common everyone, let's get back to loooove!

Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #130  

Height: 5.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Jordanna I know you are doing the C25K program. I just started and have only done a few days but I do regularly exercise (videos) anyway I am having alot of chafing on my upper inside thighs sorry if TMI ! Have you had this problem and any idea what to do? It really hurts!
You need to go to a sports store and ask for the runners chafing stick. its like deoderant and you us it on places you will chaf..marathon runners use it all the time..
Old 06-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #131  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Default final note before heading out of this thing they call "work"

Quote:
Pita, perhaps I should have worded it better - I didn't mean that you shouldn't tell everyone you had a cheat, like I said, this diet is hard and we all fall off the wagon here and there. We are surrounded by all the comforts of food and drink all of the time, and we all need encouragement to get back on the wagon.

Perhaps I should have said that we don't need the nitty gritty details of what we indulge in...I easily could have told everyone what I ate on mothers day, but didn't feel it was fair to bring it up.

I'm sorry that I didn't word it better...that was my mistake.
alright, understood about the details; although majority of mine has to do with drinking and it seems that not that many folk around here have been fund of that. Reason I mentioned the details yesterday I think was because I was trying to count the calorie intake. Trust me nothing I put in my mouth was that yummy.

btw I can never look good in a bikki. I am very very short and could never wear one because of my built. My swimwear of choice includes halter top and board shorts; that is me regardless of how much I weigh.

on another note; its interesting to me how sensitivity plays into weight. One of my best friends has always been over weight and at times I have felt bad wearing a tight shirt or dress around her because I would always get zinged. The jab usually has nothing to do with what I am wearing but has to do with other aspects of my life (note: tight clothes were worn when I weighed less than my fat old self). I really think the point that erin was making was that she has improved her body even during a short period of time and is feeling good about it. That is where we all want to be at some point, for some it happens sooner than others.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #132  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

I'm so disappointed in the forum today. It makes me miss the ones who have left us.

Let's all try to be respectful of one another. Some are bigger, some are smaller, some have been very loyal, some have had a few cheats, some are whiney, some are b*tchy, but at the end of the day, we are all here for education and SUPPORT, not to be criticized.

I love you all, let's take a deep breath and start over.

Last edited by Kelsey; 06-08-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM   #133  

I started a new thread.....so we can put this whole thing behind us
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceydoe View Post
Wow - it's pretty rough out here today. Tempers are flaring - you would think we are all on a diet or something!!!! ;-)

Maybe a solution would be a special thread for "I fell off the wagon" where people who want to confess their cheats can and people who don't want to hear about it can ignore that thread.

Hang in there everyone. We are all after the same goals!
I think this is a BRILLIANT idea!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:00 PM   #135  

Height: 5.8

wow...Im sad that a forum I love and women I admire have been put through this crap today..wow... Hug it out people and let's get back to the positives, we all have so much crap we deal with in real life lets have positivity in this forum...

Off for my run...did 6.5km last night in 40 minutes have I mentioned I love IP
Closed Thread