Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 07:04 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceydoe View Post
Wow - it's pretty rough out here today. Tempers are flaring - you would think we are all on a diet or something!!!! ;-)

Maybe a solution would be a special thread for "I fell off the wagon" where people who want to confess their cheats can and people who don't want to hear about it can ignore that thread.

Hang in there everyone. We are all after the same goals!
I think this is a fabulous idea! I know that I appreciate learning from others experience's, whether they be successes or cheats or whatever. I didn't know, for instance, about carb hangovers. They now terrify me and keep me straight. My personal struggle frankly has been with alcohol. I really like wine, man. And it was something I wanted to discuss and solicit info because alcohol doesn't have carbs, and I wanted to know the what's what.

I get sort of freaked out when people start to discuss what shouldn't be discussed. Thats just seems wrong and narrow-minded. Maybe we do need to have cheat threads, and alcohol threads. This whole discussion has gotten too contentious, IMHO. I'm with Jordanna with the pit in my stomach. And with Calgarygirlie. Let's get back to the love.

Last edited by kellyrook; 06-08-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceydoe View Post
Wow - it's pretty rough out here today. Tempers are flaring - you would think we are all on a diet or something!!!! ;-)

Maybe a solution would be a special thread for "I fell off the wagon" where people who want to confess their cheats can and people who don't want to hear about it can ignore that thread.

Hang in there everyone. We are all after the same goals!
I totally agree. Have a post for those who fall off the wagon. I know it would be alot easier for this thread to be about info and support.

If there was a seperate thread for this, then there will be support there for the little "accidents".
Old 06-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
....I don't want to hurt anyone, and if you take my comments badly, please remember that my first language is french, and that I don't really know every words in english.. I'm not mean, I'm just stupid, and I'm learning!
Stupid? Hardly! I truly admire your ability to communicate on this forum. I know people who have lived in the US their entire lives and have english skills that are way worse than yours. You go girl, stupid should not be in your vocabulary.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by doxigirl View Post
Stupid? Hardly! I truly admire your ability to communicate on this forum. I know people who have lived in the US their entire lives and have english skills that are way worse than yours. You go girl, stupid should not be in your vocabulary.
I agree! You make major sense!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #140  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
i agree with doxi your english is wonderful and though it's sad to say, many americans don't know anything but english. you should be proud of yourself, and you are a great "friend" on here to many
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 PM   #141  

new thread for the week html, not sure how the others do it!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...esh-start.html

ah! i guess i did it!!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-08-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 204/ticker/145

Quote:
I agree with diceydoe. Maybe we need a ''Confess your sins "" thread ?

oh and also a new week thread

Common everyone, let's get back to loooove!

"Confess your sins" thread sounds like a good idea. As a "newbie", I am not sure I should even get in this conversation, but I must. I have been reading posts on this forum for several months. One of the things that most impressed me was the honesty and sincerity of the members. I have been on support sites where the members never even discussed the diet.
I am always interested in reading the positive and/or the negative and comparing the comments to those members’ results. I have learned a lot that way about what is successful and what is not. Let's face it; we are all looking for a small way to cheat from time to time. Personally, I like to learn from other people's mistakes. Hopefully they learn as well, but I am always trying to pick up tips - good or bad.

Anyway, I love IP and I love this forum! You guys and gals are the best and I think we should just chalk this day up to dieter stress and move on.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #143  
Persian Queen

Height: 5'4''

Smile This is like AA to me...

[QUOTE=BevS;3330263]
Regarding resetting the pancreas:

It's in Dr. Tran's book which this diet is based on, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You. You can download this book from his site: www.trantiendiet.com.

Thanks BevS. This is really helpful.

As a newbie, I want to beg everyone not to leave the forum. If we don't talk about our cravings, then no one would know to give us suggestions to overcome them. I think that if someone in one of AA meetings admited that he had a slip, others would help him. I also agree we don't have to go into details of what we had. Jordanna, I am bigger than you, so there (LOL).
I spoke yesterday about my cravings. The sad thing is if I weren't on this plan or other restrictive plans, not in a million years would I crave peanut butter. The smell of it makes me sick under normal circumstances. It isn't even used or exists in the country I am from and whoever comes to visit from the old country thinks it is cattle food and why are Americans obsessed with it. They have peanut but not peanut butter and it is the food of poor people who can not afford a better type of nut like pistachio!

One healthier craving I have involves fruit and I now think it is probabely the sugar in the fruit that calls me not the healthy part.

You see how I brought it all to little selfish me? Comeone guys, I need all of you. I have 80 lbs to lose.

I think a ligit thing here for some of you who pay the higher price and follow real IP, is that people like me ask questions about alternatives but I truly am sorry. I did go to the alternative forum and just couldn't relate. So, for now you have to put up with me and my questions.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #144  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

I guess I started this, so it’s fitting that I end it.

In rereading my post, I’m at a loss to find any attacking or belittling or bitterness. If people are seeing something I am not, I’m not quite sure how.

The whole point of my post was not to slam “cheaters.” It was to point out that there is a danger in using the protocol in a way that encourages going in and out of ketosis... that there are repercussions when folks repeatedly cheat, slip... call it what you will... assuming that everything will be okay as long as they get back into ketosis again.

I am particularly sensitive to it, because that’s exactly what my sister’s husband is doing... she and I discussed it this morning before I posted. He has an alcohol problem he denies, but when he goes away fishing for a few days, he suddenly isn’t losing any weight. We know what’s going on and are concerned, particularly because it’s compounded by his high blood pressure and diabetes. But he won’t recognize that it’s a problem, because he’s still losing weight.

I took that discussion a step further in my head... thinking the only way to really make things okay, is to pay attention to the behavior that causes the slip. Do I automatically eat because I am sad or stressed? Or do I feel I need to have a drink in social situations? Or in a time of crisis? I believe that constantly repeating those behaviors during the diet may prevent us from being able to maintain our losses when we’re done. Now is the perfect time – as Lady5andy so brilliantly points out – to face those demons and assure that we will be able to succeed over the long haul.

I am no saint by a long shot... there are far more virtuous people on these boards than me. And I do not judge anyone’s reasons for having a hard time doing the very difficult work of reinventing ourselves. It’s all very personal... Slips happen, and I have encouraged people to press on despite them and achieve their goals. But I will not tell anyone that it’s okay to drag their bodies through the process over and over again. It is NOT healthy.

I do not apologize for posting my views in this regard, but I do feel badly that “all **** broke loose” and Jordanna was hurt in the process. Clearly, some folks felt I was attacking them... if people want to hate me for my views, so be it. But please don’t mistreat those who might happen to agree with me.

Everyone who knows me here knows the level of support I have brought to the table these last four months. My primary goal has been to make myself healthier, and encourage others to achieve that, as well. I’d like to think that is why everyone is here.

I didn’t really want to go out chased by a mob waving pitchforks and torches, but if that’s how it turns out, I have no regrets about anything I’ve posted on this board. I wish all of you the best in achieving your goals in a healthy and sustainable way. I'll just continue coaching my sister, who is losing like a champ BTW!
Old 06-08-2010, 07:52 PM   #145  

[QUOTE=TXRealtor;3331229]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Regarding resetting the pancreas:

It's in Dr. Tran's book which this diet is based on, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You. You can download this book from his site: www.trantiendiet.com.

Thanks BevS. This is really helpful.

As a newbie, I want to beg everyone not to leave the forum. If we don't talk about our cravings, then no one would know to give us suggestions to overcome them. I think that if someone in one of AA meetings admited that he had a slip, others would help him. I also agree we don't have to go into details of what we had. Jordanna, I am bigger than you, so there (LOL).
I spoke yesterday about my cravings. The sad thing is if I weren't on this plan or other restrictive plans, not in a million years would I crave peanut butter. The smell of it makes me sick under normal circumstances. It isn't even used or exists in the country I am from and whoever comes to visit from the old country thinks it is cattle food and why are Americans obsessed with it. They have peanut but not peanut butter and it is the food of poor people who can not afford a better type of nut like pistachio!

One healthier craving I have involves fruit and I now think it is probabely the sugar in the fruit that calls me not the healthy part.

You see how I brought it all to little selfish me? Comeone guys, I need all of you. I have 80 lbs to lose.

I think a ligit thing here for some of you who pay the higher price and follow real IP, is that people like me ask questions about alternatives but I truly am sorry. I did go to the alternative forum and just couldn't relate. So, for now you have to put up with me and my questions.
yes, thak you BevS about the quote on the pancreas and insulin.

funny that you mention the peanut butter thing. i have always HATED peanut butter to the max but i too find myself craving it. something about sweet, salty and crunchy all at one time sounds invigorating! maybe it's because there's nothing like it on IP, well maybe except for the vanilla peanut bar which is to DIE for if you're craving pb

please continue with the alternative options, i think most on here do appreciate that. i myself get a discounted rate for being in an IP office, but i would look to you and your advice on alternatives if i did not get that. it's still pricey with the discount and have learned ways to incorporate non-ip items into my diet when they are not around because of people like you
Old 06-08-2010, 09:17 PM   #146  
Persian Queen

Erin, I can't have the bars yet. This is my 16th day but I'll order the ones from Lindora next time they have a sale or ship free promotion. That was a good suggestion. I do very well all day at work and then I come home and see all this food everywhere especially now that the kids are out of school. The twins are 14 and drink protein shakes for sports performance and eat other good and some bad food too but they do burn so much as well. I have to admit they are listening more to me about the evils of sugar. I also am going to order the mini-mixer unless someone here has had a bad experience with it.
Also, I added a little of cinnamone to my Premier protein shake and it is so much better plus they say so many good things about this spice these days, it is unbelievable.

Novak, please stay.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #147  
Persian Queen

What if I have a fifth protein if I feel like I wanted to cheat. Water didn't help, extra hot tea didn't.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #148  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
I agree! You make major sense!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
i agree with doxi your english is wonderful and though it's sad to say, many americans don't know anything but english. you should be proud of yourself, and you are a great "friend" on here to many
You girls are such cuties You're making me cry (no jokes here, that's true). I'm trying to do my best but sometimes, like everything, it is hard to keep up and I don't understand everything that everyone say here. I understand most of it, but there's some expression that I can't figure out because in french we don't say that. I'm learning, and I really appreciate the fact that you understant what I say MUCH LOVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post

I spoke yesterday about my cravings. The sad thing is if I weren't on this plan or other restrictive plans, not in a million years would I crave peanut butter. The smell of it makes me sick under normal circumstances. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
funny that you mention the peanut butter thing. i have always HATED peanut butter to the max but i too find myself craving it. something about sweet, salty and crunchy all at one time sounds invigorating!
Whoah, That is SO WEIRD !! I'm craving peanut butter also, and never ever I was thinking about peanut butter, and now I think about it everyday. I cannot even remember the last time I've eat peanut butter before the diet !

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRealtor View Post

Novak, please stay.
Yes, Please, please, please !!!
Old 06-08-2010, 10:05 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

I love PB on celery and most especially on granny smith apples and occasionally a PB and banana sandwich. So I have always loved it but I have been craving it too. I have also been craving nuts. I adore Brazil nuts, cashews, almonds any nut really. I always eat them organic and raw. Sometimes I soak them and/or sprout them. They really are high in calories though so I am going to have to learn after IP that I have to be cautious with them and limit my intake. Maybe not have them around the house so much anymore.

kellyrook Just noticed you and I are very close in height and start weight. I was actually 215 on April 1st and decided I had to do something about it. I started Atkins and lost 11 lbs then found out about this diet and started it on May 11th. You are doing awesome. When did you start?

Last edited by natural girl; 06-08-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:08 PM   #150  

Quote:
You girls are such cuties You're making me cry (no jokes here, that's true). I'm trying to do my best but sometimes, like everything, it is hard to keep up and I don't understand everything that everyone say here. I understand most of it, but there's some expression that I can't figure out because in french we don't say that. I'm learning, and I really appreciate the fact that you understant what I say MUCH LOVE

Whoah, That is SO WEIRD !! I'm craving peanut butter also, and never ever I was thinking about peanut butter, and now I think about it everyday. I cannot even remember the last time I've eat peanut butter before the diet !

Yes, Please, please, please !!!

please let us know of the expressions you aren't understanding. i would hate for you not be "in the loop"-another expression-means: informed; up to date; current; part of the discussion.

hugs to you as well!

french is such a beautiful language, wish i could have stuck with it longer. i took it for one year but couldn't keep up, took spanish my entire life and thought it's be a piece of cake to learn-boy was i wrong! i am bilingual in spanish and american sign language instead-maybe that would be trilingual i don't know..

naturalgirl, i too am a big nut fan. almonds, cashews, macadamia nuts(covered in chocolate are my favorite but oy..can't do that).

i do know that they are full of wonderful natural oils and can be a part of a healthy balanced diet. i think i've read 12 almonds is a serving size(which before ip, i could have never stuck with). once i'm on phase 4 i will most likely look at them as a HUGE treat with only 5 or 6!

my husband is severely allergic to tree nuts, so since we married i haven't been allowed to even keep them in the house, probably better for the waistline i guess but it did drive me nuts during the holidays when i wanted to bake and could never use them

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-08-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Closed Thread