Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2010, 05:52 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
[B]

Jordanna!..Are you thinking pork or beef ribs?? let me know how it all turns out, I have been eyeing them in that darn Costco.
My husband brought home pork ribs from Costco, I cut out lots of the fat pre-cooking and then we boiled them to pull out even more fat again, and now we're going to bbq them with a nice rub (unless it rains, darn weather)....I'm looking forward to them.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #107  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

okay ladies, this has probably been discussed before, but I dont have much time in the day to get on here so I'll just ask. I don't have any skim milk in the mornings and I'm not a big cheese fan unless it's on a hamburger ...... well... we are grilling hamburger patties for dinner. Can I have a slice of soy or vegan cheese on it? I was just going to mix the meat with garlic and parsley to make it flavorful, but I have a good amount of vegetarian items in my fridge and I was wondering if it would be okay. I think the carb count on it is <1 and no sugar or fat. Anyone had any? or a regular slice of cheese? I'm losing a crapload of weight and I don't want to ruin anything, but if the occasional soy slice or even regular american cheese wouldn't hurt, it sure would be nice to experience a little "burger normalcy". lol! :-) I haven't cheated once, but since I don't have skim milk ever, would this be considered a cheat? Thanks!!

~sarah~
Old 06-08-2010, 05:58 PM   #108  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah30 View Post
okay ladies, this has probably been discussed before, but I dont have much time in the day to get on here so I'll just ask. I don't have any skim milk in the mornings and I'm not a big cheese fan unless it's on a hamburger ...... well... we are grilling hamburger patties for dinner. Can I have a slice of soy or vegan cheese on it? I was just going to mix the meat with garlic and parsley to make it flavorful, but I have a good amount of vegetarian items in my fridge and I was wondering if it would be okay. I think the carb count on it is <1 and no sugar or fat. Anyone had any? or a regular slice of cheese? I'm losing a crapload of weight and I don't want to ruin anything, but if the occasional soy slice or even regular american cheese wouldn't hurt, it sure would be nice to experience a little "burger normalcy". lol! :-) I haven't cheated once, but since I don't have skim milk ever, would this be considered a cheat? Thanks!!

~sarah~
i'd say do a low fat cheese like a skim mozzarella slice and not a processed american type cheese, you should be fine. of course if you don't lose next week, probably the cheese was the culprit
but highly doubtful it will knock you out of ketosis.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #109  
Started IP 7/23/2012

S/C/G: 176/176/125

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
ribs are also high in fat and are not part of protocol.

regarding all the "controversial topics" today, i have to say i agree with pita, this is a learning process and i used to think a place to talk about what's going on in your daily struggles with IP. i have been on this program for 7 weeks, I HAVE CHEATED TWICE-shoot me. if people like me cannot come here and "confess" our "sins" without being patronized and chastized, i think this place is going to lose a lot of members and support.

to nitenic i apologize for my graphic description of my cheat on memorial day weekend, i definitely did not mean to offend you or anyone, i feel like if i get it out there and off my chest i am then accountable for my actions and can move on with my journey and learn from my mistakes.

i also am tired of the hipocrasy that goes on in here, a sin is a sin and a cheat is a cheat. this is not directed at any one person but i can remember seeing a few "ok" cheats awhile back that blew my mind. what makes my cheat any worse than slathering a "rhubarb crisp" with butter? what makes my cheat worse than "treating" myself to cheese or foods that ARE NOT ON THE PHASE 1 allowed foods? it's not part of protocol, why are you doing it? what makes my cheat worse than the person who doesn't drink all their water or doesn't eat all of their veggies or has extra protein or packet during the day or uses GOD FORBID a tablespoon of real mayo in their tuna salad?

it's gotten so ugly in here and i hope that the 'mean girl's club' gets a reality check soon. you WILL have to learn to eat everyday foods again, IP is not forever. i have learned how to eat right, and i've lost well-even though i did screw up twice. i wear a size 6 and wear a bikini on the weekends, do you? i have a healthy foundation for eating my the rest of life, but before just ate too much of it obviously. i know how to continue to lose weight and i won't gain it back.

keep punishing others and yourselves for the slips-it really shows your character is the worst light.

i myself will continue to talk about my daily struggles and any cheats that i have. i don't plan on cheating but if it does happen, i will come here to confess, refocus and try to get back on track as quickly as possible. if this bothers you, please feel free to block me.

i will also continue to support others on here with nothing but positive support on losses, nsvs and even the slips. i will continue to view this forum as a support group for women who have struggled with their weight and are trying their best to learn the right way to eat and get love and support from fellow women (and men?) who are going through this as well.

much love to all
Thank you for standing up! I would have to agree. I appreciate you being outspoken and so candid. Sometimes words can hurt us and chastizing others isn't a sloution, it just encourages more problems. I think that if people cheat, thats their business. Nobody is perfect and if you can't go talk to people who are going through the same struggles and tribulations that we've come to know so well, then who can we run to? I hope you don't feel alone because I truly hear where you are coming from. :-)
Old 06-08-2010, 06:00 PM   #110  

Quote:
Lady!! Hi! Je ne sais jamais si mon français est bien, mais ... Je pense que ce que le Dr Tran dit, c'est que le pancréas est un peu remis à zéro après les 3 semaines, mais pas que le régime est plus dans les 3 semaines, car il ya d'autres phases à suivre pour bien faire notre corps Retour à manger régulièrement. L'intention initiale de ce programme d'alimentation a été pour les athlètes de la forme de retrouver leur condition en ne perdant que de matière grasse et musculaire, donc peut-être 3 semaines, serait un montant raisonnable de temps pour eux.
Your English is getting better with each post! You are right, this is a great way to improve second language skills. Perhaps, I should go on a spanish weight loss site...I love that language
Ohhh, that makes sense !!! Maybe if it was designed for athletes at first, it's why he say 3 weeks !!

Each time you're talking in french, you're making my day.

On a completely other note, I don't know if I seem rude or mean when I answer to someone, but I just wanted to say that if It sounds rude sometimes, it's probably just because I don't know how to explain myself correctly in english. I don't want to hurt anyone, and if you take my comments badly, please remember that my first language is french, and that I don't really know every words in english.. I'm not mean, I'm just stupid, and I'm learning!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #111  
Nichole

Quote:

to nitenic i apologize for my graphic description of my cheat on memorial day weekend, i definitely did not mean to offend you or anyone, i feel like if i get it out there and off my chest i am then accountable for my actions and can move on with my journey and learn from my mistakes.

much love to all
No problem, chicka - still love ya! I haven't been perfect on plan either but I'm trying and I totally understand the need to get off your chest here instead of with (y)our coach.

p.s. I am so super HUNGRY today. I didn't eat enough at lunch today and forgot to pack my lettuce and celery.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #112  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitakitten View Post
very powerfull to see a woman of your be so outspoken. actually have teared up...for the second time today.
and nitenic

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-08-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 184/145/135

Height: 5"5

Quote:
i wear a size 6 and wear a bikini on the weekends, do you?
Mamaerin....totally respect your right to voice opinion, and think you have been a great support for many on the forum. I just ask that you please try and stay away from weight comparisons or weight mocking. It can be very hurtful for those who are not where you are, and get enough of it in the real world. Thanks
Old 06-08-2010, 06:07 PM   #114  

Mamaerin & Pita - I'm sorry if I'm considered part of a mean girl club, I'm sure that's the implication. I feel like I'm trying to offer help to those who ask, and encourage people along the way.

I think over time I've been sympathetic to everyone who has fallen off the wagon at one time or another and discussed the pros and cons of having a few extras here or there or not.

I have had people privately message me with their frustrations over the in-depth talk of cheats and how hard it is for them and I thought someone should mention it in public on the forum. It was never meant as an attack but rather as another opinion for all of us to consider.

I'm not perfect, nor is anyone on here. I've occasionally had cheese and butter and even mayo on this diet and even went off program on mothers day so believe me I understand that this diet is hard and sometimes we do adapt it to help us through it.

I want this forum to be a nurturing environment for all of us, including those who are 100% protocol and those who aren't, but I do feel like when I mentioned the concerns that had been brought to me I was then attacked for it, when I was just trying to get everyone to think about how talking in depth about cheats can harm those who are also struggling.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, that has never ever been my M.O. Today I have a sick feeling in my stomach and want to bow out of this forum even though I need it to get through the next 60 lbs of my journey because I'm fairly shy and sensitive and think maybe I never should have said anything at all even though I felt it was right to mention. Now I'm being personally attacked for it.

Anyway this diet is hard, any diet is and we all need to be positive and supportive and think of the feelings of the entire group and I'm sorry if I was insensitve toward anyone, I just thought I should speak up to hopefully benefit everyone and I guess for my personal psyche I won't do that again.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #115  

Quote:
Mamaerin....totally respect your right to voice opinion, and think you have been a great support for many on the forum. I just ask that you please try and stay away from weight comparisons or weight mocking. It can be very hurtful for those who are not where you are, and get enough of it in the real world. Thanks
CG, that was not my intention and I am sorry. The last thing I want to do is make people on here feel badly like a few have done to me and others. Consider it gone.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:14 PM   #116  

Jordanna, we want you to stay! You have to! I'd like to see the forum talk about healthy food and IP, etc. rather than talk about alcohol which is not part of IP.

It's time for some to stop the venom and get better; not bitter! We've got some excellent veteran IP folks on here that I'm afraid we're going to lose! We need their straightforward FACTS and INFO on the PROTOCOL and all things IP and LOW CARB. If you've been on IP for a month or less, your knowledge may not be that of someone who has been on for 5 or 6 months so let's let these wonderful veterans continue to be the fantastic resource they have been. Those veterans in Phases 2, 3, and 4 are very important to me and others so please refrain from discussing personal escapades that are not beneficial to the forum. We have limited space on the board so let's use it wisely and stay focused on the topic.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-08-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

I just want to say this- I see both sides to this and I realize IP is a protocol etc. but EVERY diet has its rules. Lets all be honest with each other sometimes we break, bend, stretch the rules. Not just with food but everyday life. This is why we are human and not GOD! He is the only perfect one among us. I can appreciate that it is hard to hear how others have cheated (I believe I posted I had to much vodka once, and ate 10 olives over the weekend) but we (the cheaters) have posted as a confession so to speak. To put it out there and EXPLORE the reason this has happened, get advice, an ear to listen, etc. Do some of us keep making the same mistake over and over? YES! but as with any mistakes in life you learn a bit more about yourself and why you made the mistake each time. I know I must have tried to quit smoking a million times in my life and several times I was successful but I would eventually go back. Why? I know now because I always told myself I could just have one and one led to another and another and eventually I was smoking a whole pack a day again. After a thousand times I learned my lesson! Some of us just take longer than others that doesn't mean that we should not be on the journey. Some here are stronger or have more will power, or this IS their thousandth time trying a diet and they FINALLY GET IT.

We are all in different places in our lives the object of this forum is to support one another. That does not always mean agreeing but there are more gentle ways to say things or give advice rather than scolding and ridiculing. Unfortunately I have had several PM's from people that fear being outcasted since they are "cheaters" That is not right and that is NOT what this forum is about. I welcome anyone here no matter what stage they are in. All that matters is that they are here trying to learn and make a better life for themselves and their families one day at a time.

Steps off soapbox.

Last edited by natural girl; 06-08-2010 at 06:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #118  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Mamaerin & Pita - I'm sorry if I'm considered part of a mean girl club, I'm sure that's the implication. I feel like I'm trying to offer help to those who ask, and encourage people along the way.

I think over time I've been sympathetic to everyone who has fallen off the wagon at one time or another and discussed the pros and cons of having a few extras here or there or not.

I have had people privately message me with their frustrations over the in-depth talk of cheats and how hard it is for them and I thought someone should mention it in public on the forum. It was never meant as an attack but rather as another opinion for all of us to consider.

I'm not perfect, nor is anyone on here. I've occasionally had cheese and butter and even mayo on this diet and even went off program on mothers day so believe me I understand that this diet is hard and sometimes we do adapt it to help us through it.

I want this forum to be a nurturing environment for all of us, including those who are 100% protocol and those who aren't, but I do feel like when I mentioned the concerns that had been brought to me I was then attacked for it, when I was just trying to get everyone to think about how talking in depth about cheats can harm those who are also struggling.

I apologize if I've offended anyone, that has never ever been my M.O. Today I have a sick feeling in my stomach and want to bow out of this forum even though I need it to get through the next 60 lbs of my journey because I'm fairly shy and sensitive and think maybe I never should have said anything at all even though I felt it was right to mention. Now I'm being personally attacked for it.

Anyway this diet is hard, any diet is and we all need to be positive and supportive and think of the feelings of the entire group and I'm sorry if I was insensitve toward anyone, I just thought I should speak up to hopefully benefit everyone and I guess for my personal psyche I won't do that again.
jordanna, no one is attacking you. my reason for my post was to stick up for a person that in the past has been very hurt by things some have said to her. you are actually a very pleasant voice of reason on here and have never felt that you have attacked me or anyone to be honest. from what i remember, you have always given honest but respectful advice.

my point was that most everyone on here has cheated in some way shape or form and it's wrong to belittle a person who is struggling during weight loss.

nothing in my post was directed specifically at you but your rhubarb crisp was mentioned because it was the first recipe that i could think of that included butter.

naturalgirl
agreed, agreed and agreed.

Last edited by mamaerinb; 06-08-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I actually agree with lets not talk about anything that has NOTHING to do with IP. I would like to suggest that should include: family, marriages, kids, divorces, pets and religion for that matter.

I for one am fully supportive of that.

Jordana: the only thing that you have said which has been hurtfull to me personally has been "to keep your cheats to yourself". That is actually a very harsh thing to say when someone shows up for support. If you can't give support then you shouldn't comment and if you can then thats lovely. To be honest I was feeling very dizzy and after posting the comment I realized that it was due to not taking my suppliments. I have always appreciated the positive feedback that you give and I believe I have mentioned this before but I owe that rhubarb recepie to you "I think".

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-08-2010 at 06:29 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #120  

I just need to mention that I did feel personally attacked because right after I answered someones post about the nuts and seeds and the reasoning about not being on protocol you immediately pointed out that ribs weren't on protocol...which I am aware of...

then your brought up my rhubarb crisp recipe being slathered in butter...

and I also felt that the "bikini on the weekend comment" might have been at me because clearly I'm much larger than any of the other ladies who made comments today...and that almost left me in tears because believe me I'm quite aware that I will never be able to wear a bikini and don't need others pointing it out.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that words can be hurtful and we need to be aware of what we say on here. I hope all of this can stop because I'm unhealthy and I need this forum to lose another 60 lbs on top of the 70 that are gone. My journey is long and I personally need all the help I can get.
Closed Thread