Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 209/184/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
*you're allowed caffinated tea and coffee but must replace it with an additional glass of water after the first cup
Is it an ounce for ounce replacement, or is it serving size? I count my "serving size" of water as a 12-16 ounce serving, but my coffee is typically around 8 ounces...
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #17  
ReStarted IP 6/4/2012

S/C/G: 210/210/150

Height: 5'2"

so this morning i mixed up a chocolate pudding with extra water to drink. i didn't have any splenda, so i used half a crystal light cherry packet. It's delicious. tastes like chocolate covered cherries
Old 06-28-2010, 10:04 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomamma View Post
What types of beverages can you have on Ideal Protein?
water, tea, coffee.....

and I was told pretty much any beverage I wanted as long as it contains 0 calories, 0 carbs, and 0 fat.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckywelch View Post
Is it an ounce for ounce replacement, or is it serving size? I count my "serving size" of water as a 12-16 ounce serving, but my coffee is typically around 8 ounces...
My coach had told me it was ounce for ounce replacement, but to basically drink as much water as possible anyway.

She also said I could have up to 4 Crystal Lights in a day. Does that seem right? I thought we were supposed to avoid aspartame?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post
My coach had told me it was ounce for ounce replacement, but to basically drink as much water as possible anyway.

She also said I could have up to 4 Crystal Lights in a day. Does that seem right? I thought we were supposed to avoid aspartame?
There are some Crystal Light's that are made with Splenda, that's probably what she was referring to. I haven't come across them yet, but I hear they're out there.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:47 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by moomamma View Post
What types of beverages can you have on Ideal Protein?
I've been mostly drinking water and the IP drinks/shakes; however, I have also indulged in the occasional Nestea Zero (0 carb, 0 sugar, 0 fat, made with Splenda) to feel a bit more "normal" at bbqs and parties where people are drinking alcoholic beverages.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:03 PM   #22  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

I found these drinks at Costco:
Sparking ICE
they are sweetened with sucralose, contain green tea and 3% real fruit juice (with the sugar removed) so they have 10% of several vitamins and minerals and antioxidants.
0 calories
0 carbs
They have just a light carbonation and they come in fun colors/flavors (black rasberry, pomegranite, etc.) They are really great to take to a bbq or other summer event when you want to feel like you are having a "treat".
Old 07-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #23  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

PowerAd Zero- I have only found this in berry flavour, flavoured water with splenda no fizz, they are not bad but I only use them when I really need something other than water.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I am not so sure this is a tip but it was a question and I have been asked to make it available to anyone new on the program here. Please PM me if you would like to see it edited off or put in a different thread. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Does anybody know the total (approx.) grams of protein that are allowed on IP?..

I was reading an article on Livestrong.com, & they recommended "To keep your metabolism stoked, eat at at least one gram of protein per pound of body weight." WOW!.. that seems like a lot, especially in my case!.. I doubt I even come close...

hugs
This will vary but your packets (3x per day at 18 -20 grams each) are roughly 58 grams. IF YOU EAT THE IP SOY NUTS OR PUFFS... there may be more protein than in other packets.. I do not have that information available.

Add in your meat portion which can change based on variety and ounces (chicken or beef is roughly 7 grams per ounce so, 35 grams fish varies but as example tuna is 49g in 7ounces) so on a chicken dinner day you might have 93g or a tuna dinner day 107g.

http://www.youngwomenshealth.org/protein.html

Then you have to consider that our veggies have protein too. 100g of asaparagus, broccoli, or cauliflower will add 3g each. Mushroom in the same quantity adds 2grams. So, if those were your 4 cups of veggies ( it may actually be a little more than 4 cups) then you added 11g more.

http://www.weightlossforall.com/protein-vegetable.htm

If choose to eat the SOYA (soy bean) vegetable option on our food guideline sheet for phase 1 you would add more
protein. If eating cooked canned soy beans 1/2c is 13g of protein, black soy beans (mature beans) are 9g per 1/2c, and green soy beans are 7g per cup.

This example is roughly 104g to 118g without soy beans. If you were to substitute just 1/2 of one vegetable serving with 1/2cup of black soy beans you would have 112g to 126g of protein per day. That is all before adding any of your salad elements.

http://www.soyfoods.com/SampleDay.html

Without eating a cup or more a day of soybeans, I am not sure we could get a great deal more that those levels considering we aren't adding nuts, dairy, beans/legumes, or grains. And, as with the nuts, dairy, beans/legumes and grains when we add soy beans we need to be aware of the extra carbs we are adding.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #25  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I am really encouraged by all of your stories and successes. I love the hints on how to get through those times when you are tempted to stray ( at events or restaurants) but manage to figure out a way to get past it. I used to have almost uncontrollable carb cravings, give in to them and then chastise and hate myself for it. I would feel like I had no self control. I think this new eating plan (IP) is finally making me feel in control, and that is such a lovely feeling.
I do believe that when my eating is out of control my life is out of control as well. I am hoping that the energy surge that many of you describe will kick in soon. I've been so missing that with all of this excess weight.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:32 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheeseCake4me View Post
I am really encouraged by all of your stories and successes. I love the hints on how to get through those times when you are tempted to stray ( at events or restaurants) but manage to figure out a way to get past it. I used to have almost uncontrollable carb cravings, give in to them and then chastise and hate myself for it. I would feel like I had no self control. I think this new eating plan (IP) is finally making me feel in control, and that is such a lovely feeling.
I do believe that when my eating is out of control my life is out of control as well. I am hoping that the energy surge that many of you describe will kick in soon. I've been so missing that with all of this excess weight.
CheeseCake4me, you've given me a lot to think about with your post... with me, it's sorta like the chicken or the egg?.. is my life out of control because my eating is out of control?.. or vice versa?.. since the end of February this year, I think I've felt like I've been more in control of my life & I believe that's why I've been able to get control of my diet... that was when I freed myself from a destructive long-distance relationship with a man I've known most of my life (& that's a long time, let me tell you, but it wasn't always destructive, it just turned that way in the past year or so).. before that, I was just gaining & gaining & that added to the feeling of being out of control... in early March after the initial shock had worn off, it was like somebody turned on the light, I could see more clearly & then after I found IP & this forum in May, life has been wonderful...

So, next time (if there is one) I find myself letting my eating get out of control, I'm gonna remember to examine the rest of my life... is it out of control?.. what do I need to do to get back to normal?.. most of all, I have to remind myself to "stop eating my feelings!" whatever they are, frustration, loneliness, boredom (that's a big one)..

Thanks, CheeseCake4me, for getting the wheels of my mind turning in such a profound way... this should help me the rest of my life...

hugs
Old 07-12-2010, 11:28 PM   #27  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default IP protocol in a nutshell.

In case your coach has not shared this handy reference guide to the Ideal Protein diet, here it is. I believe most coaches suggest two teaspoons of olive oil rather than two tablespoons. This is something for you to discuss.

I'm sorry the formating didn't carry forward.

www.trantiendiet.com

The Protein Diet Meal Planner

The purpose of this website is to inform you and not to help you go on an unsupervised diet. I would, however, like to discuss the protocols that I recommend, if only so that you won’t confuse them with diets
that use only protein packets.
This is a four-phase weight-loss diet, the fourth and last phase being the stabilization phase.
Protocol
Phase I = Active Weight Loss
Protocol I
Protocol II
Foods Allowed on the Diet
Phase II = 1st Intermediate Phase
1st Intermediate Phase
2nd Intermediate Phase
Phase IV = Maintenance Phase
I. First Step : Your everyday diet
II. Second Step : Managing those slip-ups

Phase I = Protocol I
a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea without sugar and with a drop of partly skimmed milk.
- 1 protein packet (protein packets generally contain between 15 and 20 g of protein).
- OR 1 measure of protein. This option is by far the most economical if you purchase a large container of
protein; however, large containers of protein are not available in all countries. The protein is diluted in
water instead of milk, because milk contains lactose, a sugar.
b) Noon:
- Raw or cooked green vegetables (about 7 oz.). Note: Vegetables to avoid: carrots, artichoke hearts,
green peas, beets, winter squash and, yes, even cherry tomatoes. You may have one or two regular
tomatoes per day, because they are not that sweet.
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor or cooking, and lemon juice or a drizzle of wine vinegar. Do not use balsamic
vinegar.
c) Late-afternoon snack (optional):
d) Evening: 1st Option:
- 5 to 7 oz. white fish (see the list; fresh salmon or other fatty fish is allowed once a week).
- OR 5 to 7 oz. seafood (shrimp, scallops, etc...). Note: Raw fish served in Japanese restaurants is
allowed once or twice a week, but hold the rice and coleslaw, which is often prepared with a very sweet
sauce!

2nd Option:

- 5 to 6 oz. poultry or lean meat (see the list). Poultry or meat must be prepared with little to no fat (about 1 to 2 tablespoons of oil). Choose white fish over meat, because it contains much less fat. You may also
have raw or cooked vegetables that are on the list of allowed vegetables. If you need to have a protein packet for an evening snack, it’s often best to skip the late-afternoon snack.

Note: If you have vegetable soup instead of steamed or raw vegetables with your dinner, you’ll tend to eat more vegetables. Although the allowed vegetables contain few carbohydrates, they still contain some
and if you eat 2 to 3 times more veggies in a soup, you might curb the weight-loss process. As a guide, 5 to 7 oz. green vegetables like green beans, zucchini or broccoli, is enough. Of course, you may eat large
amounts of green leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach.

You may have a third packet or measure of protein for an afternoon or evening snack.

If you want, switch your meals and have your dinner for lunch.

During this phase, you may not have: •Fruit, •Starchy foods, •Bread or Melba toast, •Cheese, or •Alcoholic drinks.

How long does Phase I last?

Phase I usually lasts as long as it takes you to lose 80% of the weight you would like to lose before moving on to the second phase. For example, if you want to drop 20 pounds, you’ll need to stay on the first phase until you’ve lost 16 pounds, or 6 to 7 weeks on average.

Phase I = Protocol II
a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.

b) Noon:
- Raw or cooked green vegetables (see the list of allowed vegetables).
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor. Canola and walnut oil are best, because they contain omega-3 fatty acids.
Do not use balsamic or sherry vinegar, because they are slightly sweet. Although moderate amounts of other vinegars are allowed, lemon juice is best.
- Vegetable add-ons: some plain tuna (about 3 oz.), a hard-boiled egg, 2.5 oz. lean ham or turkey (about two slices), 2.5 oz. crayfish or shrimp or 3 oz. white fish (see list).

If you experience hunger after lunch during the first days of the diet, add 1 packet or 1 measure of protein.

c) Late-afternoon snack:
- 1 packet or 1 measure of protein (optional).

d) Evening: 1st Option:
- 5 to 7 oz. lean fish or seafood. 2nd Option:
- 5 to 6 oz. chicken fillet, turkey, veal cutlet, or 5 oz. beef (only lean cuts – see the list).
- 7 oz. raw or cooked green vegetables.

e) 2nd Snack: You may feel a little hungry in the evening and want to snack on something sweet. I suggest that you have a protein packet for a snack (optional).

If you want, switch your meals and have your dinner for lunch to suit your lifestyle.

Remember to take your multivitamins and mineral salts (sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium), and to drink plenty of water – about 2 quarts a day.

You’ll need to use the salt shaker more liberally, because as you lose weight you also lose water and mineral salts and that can cause your blood pressure to drop.
The second protocol is similar to the first, except that it is slightly less restrictive at lunch.
If you have some animal protein for lunch instead of a protein packet, you’ll still lose weight and you’ll find the diet a little easier. I prefer protein packets for snacks at two crucial times of the day: late afternoon and/or evening.

The aim is not to follow the strictest diet possible, but rather to go on an effective diet that you’ll be able to stick with as long as possible under the best conditions.

Remember, a diet slip-up involving carbs (fast or slow), can stop weight loss for two to three days!!

Foods Allowed on the Diet
Lean Cuts of Meat
Lean cuts of meat include:

Beef: tenderloin, rib eye, back steak, flank steak, rump-steak, roast beef, tournedos steak, extra lean
ground beef, neck, shoulder of beef, shank.
Veal: cutlet, tenderloin, shank, inside round steak, breast, shoulder, rib.
Pork: tenderloin, filet mignon, cooked ham.
Lean Poultry (skinless): chicken, guinea fowl, turkey, poult.
Lean Variety Meats: heart, liver, sweetbreads, kidney, tripe, tongue.
And horse meat, rabbit, ostrich.
Lean Fish
Lean fish include:

Fish: catfish, pike, cod, plaice, hake, conger, bream, haddock, smelt, halibut, gudgeon, ling, pollock, dab,
burbot, sea bass, whiting, red hake, Atlantic cod, perch, skate, rockfish, shark, gurnard, dogfish, John Dory, walleye, sole, cunner, tuna (except red tuna), trout, turbot.
Seafood: oysters, hard-shell clams, soft-shell clams, surf clams, crab,lobster tail, Mediterranean prawns, scampi, lobster, mussels, cockle, squid, cuttlefish, periwinkle, whelk, scallops, shrimp…

Vegetables
Lettuce, radishes, green beans, white and red cabbage, cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, leek, endive, spinach, Swiss chard, zucchini, green pepper, eggplant, fennel, cardoon, celeriac, mushrooms, asparagus, sorrel, cucumber.

Phase II = 1st Intermediate Phase

The second phase lasts between one and two weeks.
a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.
b) Noon:
- Raw or cooked green vegetables.
- 5 oz. lean meat or poultry.
- OR 5 to 6 oz. lean fish. You may have fattier meat or fish 3 to 4 times a week.
- 2 tablespoons oil for flavor.
c) Late-afternoon snack:
d) Evening:
Dinner is exactly the same as lunch: 5 oz. lean meat or poultry with green vegetables.
You may have 1 to 2 dairy products per day, such as plain yogurt or 2% cottage cheese.
Comments: The second phase closely resembles the first phase, as your diet still excludes
carbohydrates and ketosis continues.
I now tend to shorten this phase to less than one week so that the first phase can be extended as long as
possible and protein packets are used for a late-afternoon or evening snack.

Phase III = 2nd Intermediate Phase
Carbohydrates are reintroduced to your diet during this phase.
a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.
- 2 oz. whole-wheat or whole-grain bread, lightly buttered (or use light butter).
- OR 1.5 oz. unsweetened cereal, like unsweetened rolled oats or muesli.
- One dairy product: partly skimmed milk, plain yogurt or cottage cheese.
- A fruit or freshly squeezed fruit juice (fruit is optional at this point).
b) Noon:
- Raw vegetables. All vegetables, including artichokes, carrots, etc., are now allowed.
- 5 oz. lean meat or poultry.
- OR 5 oz. fish (all fish are allowed).
- 1 tablespoon oil for flavor or cooking.
- 7 oz. green vegetables.
- Optional: yogurt.
c) Late-afternoon snack:
- A fruit, if you did not have a fruit for breakfast, or 1 protein packet.
d) Evening:

I. First Step: Your Everyday Diet
Maintenance is a two-step process.
a) Morning:
- Coffee or tea.-
2 to 2.5 oz. whole-wheat or whole-grain bread, lightly buttered or a small amount of sugar-free jam.
- OR 1.5 oz. unsweetened cereal, like unsweetened rolled oats or muesli.
- A fruit and a dairy product.
- Optional: an egg or a slice of ham or 1 to 1.5 oz. cheese (preferably hard cheese).
b) Noon:
- Raw vegetables.
- 6 to 7 oz. meat or fish. All meats and fish are now allowed, but be sure to go for lean meats and avoid
sauces.
- As many vegetables as you like. This meal contains little to no carbs (starchy foods or bread). You’ll
have your carbs for dinner…
- 1 tablespoon oil or more, because you can’t always control what you eat at a restaurant.
- One serving of yogurt or a piece of cheese (about 1.5 oz.).
c) Late-afternoon snack:
- A fruit or, better yet, a protein packet or bar. There’s no harm in having a snack.
d) Evening:
- As many vegetables as you want: in a soup, raw or steamed. Soups are best in the evening.
- A plate of slow-carb foods: 0.5 to 1 oz. rice, pasta, lentils, semolina, dried beans, quinoa, potatoes, etc.
- Go easy on the fat when preparing dinner (see below). Use no more than 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Optional: some lean animal protein, because you don’t really need to have meat twice a day. At the very
most, you may have 3.5 oz. white fish or 3 oz. lean ham or deli chicken, a can of plain tuna or seafood.
- For dessert: 1 serving of yogurt, 1 fruit or 1 serving of stewed fruit. Some recommend that you have fruit
as a snack. You may have a fruit if you want, but you don’t have to. Comment: You can switch lunch and
dinner and have your carbs for lunch and proteins for dinner. As a rule, avoid having fat with your dinner.
It’s bad for digestion and sleep, and it promotes acid reflux at night.
Stabilization Phase Principles or Rules
1. Food separation, or bad and good food combinations, is essential during the maintenance phase. I
recommend that you separate carbs and fats like a teacher separates two troublesome students.
Carbohydrates tend to cause weight gain and so does fat, which is why they are separated. Here’s the
basic rule: a meal that is rich in starchy foods should contain little to no fat and vice versa. Note: You do
not need to separate carbs and proteins if the proteins contain no fat, as is the case with white fish, for
example. A meal consisting of a starchy food (rice, potato) and white fish will not make you gain weight.

2. Should do you eat slow carbs for lunch or dinner? Contrary to popular belief, you should eat slow
carbs for dinner, but that’s not carved in stone. When you lunch at a restaurant or cafeteria, you might
have a hard time finding starchy foods (rice, pasta or potatoes) prepared without fat, and meat and fish
are often served with a sauce. If that’s the case, it’s best to go with a meal consisting of animal proteins
and raw or cooked veggies that’s prepared with a small amount of fat or sauce. You’ll have to forgo
starchy foods and bread, though. For dinner, have slow carbs with as many vegetables as you want. It’s
much easier to control fat intake when you dine in. For example, you can prepare spaghetti with some

fresh tomato, garlic, basil and a touch of olive oil. Have as many veggies as you like. You may have
some lean protein, like 3.5 oz. white fish, 3 oz. lean ham, or even some extra lean ground beef. However,
there’s no need to have meat twice a day.

It’s wrong to think that if you have slow carbs for lunch, you’ll be able to burn them throughout the
afternoon and that if you have slow carbs for dinner, your body might store them. It’s not that simple. Your
body doesn’t use up your lunch during the afternoon. It must digest your lunch, convert it and assimilate it
before it can use it for energy. Active people and athletes have pasta for dinner, but they don’t go out and
run at night. Similarly, the Tour de France has never been held at night!

At night, your body goes through a long period of fasting, rests and recharges its batteries for the next
day (just like a cell phone). You’d be making a serious mistake if you eliminated or reduced your evening
dinner. Finally, slow carbs are filling and easy to digest.

II. Second Step: Managing those slip-ups
There are minor, inconsequential slip-ups for which you don’t need to make up and major slip-ups for
which you will have to make up the next day.
1. Minor Diet Slip-ups:
These usually occur when you’re not eating at home, because it’s hard to avoid fats; however, you can
easily avoid carbs, or starchy foods and desserts. Have a first course and a main dish and even a small
glass of wine if you like. There will be no consequences, as long as these meals don’t become a habit.
Go back to your regular diet the next day.
2. Major Diet Slip-ups:
A major diet slip-up is a big meal with all the fixings. After all, you’re entitled to it, aren’t you? You can
make up for a major diet slip-up the next day by avoiding all fast and slow carbs for that ONE DAY ONLY.
All you have to do is you go back on the first phase of the diet for one day. Why is that? Because when
you eliminate all carbohydrates the day after a big meal, you reduce the amount of insulin secreted and
block fat storage. You might still gain up to two pounds the day after you, but don’t panic. You didn’t gain
two pounds of fat. Your body is unable to lose two pounds of fat in a day and it can’t gain two pounds of
fat in a day either. If two pounds of fat equal 9,000 calories and a woman eats an average of 2,000
calories per day, how could your body possibly store the equivalent of four to five days of meals after just
one meal? What do those two pounds of fat represent then? They represent the weight of the big meal
plus the water or fluid you had with it and that had not been eliminated by the time you stepped on the
weigh scale the next day.
Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 PM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Jordanna's wonderful suggestions.

I just lifted this from elsewhere (Jordana, right??) to make it easier for you to locate if you're new to the program:

Instead of the Chocolate drink which is 7 carbs, why not have the chocolate pudding as a drink for only 3 carbs!! Just add 10 - 12 oz of water I like mine with a bit of instant decaf coffee, some coconut extract & a bit of splenda...so good

♥Add a bit of coconut extract to your raspberry jello for a change of flavor!

♥Turn your vanilla pudding in to a shake by adding about 10 oz of water. Add a dash of vanilla extract, a dash of cinnamon and some splenda to make it seem like a delicious no no

♥for those hungry days - Use romaine lettuce in stir fry's in place of celery or bok choy, that way you can have your 2 cups of veggies plus the lettuce in your stir fry, it makes it seem like more food but without adding carb filled veggies. Trust me, you won't even notice it's lettuce!

♥Add some diet splenda sweetened ginger ale to your raspberry jello to give it some effervescence!

♥Superstore has blue label ketchup that is comparable to my recipe - 1 carb per serving...easier than making your own ketchup.

♥I've heard the WF ketchup is similar to cocktail sauce for anyone who's looking for something like that

♥if you feel the need to cheat, have a big glass of water and wait 15 minutes, if the craving hasn't gone away then grab your favorite IP package of food; A 4th package is going to be much... better for you than any other choice

♥Having trouble getting all your salt in everyday? Sprinkle a pinch in your water bottle every time you fill it up, or add a little to your IP puddings and shakes...it won't change the taste at all and you'll be ensuring you get your required salt everyday!

♥Try a veggie you've never tried before; you might find you have a new favorite veggie. Bok Choy & Napa cabbage are two of my new low carb favorites. Don't know how to use it - try my bok choy soup recipe!

♥Make an "IP Emergency Kit" in your purse. Include a days vitamins, sea salt, an extra IP pack, some splenda packages and a WF dressing package for those emergency days when you find yourself stuck.

♥use your water flavorings in 1L of water instead of 500 mls. This will cut down on the extra carbs & artificial sweeteners/flavorings you're taking in and in a few days you won't even notice the difference anymore!

♥Don't get stuck in a rut eating the same things over and over again, it's the easiest way to get sick of a diet and cheat. Try a new recipe, prepare your veggies in a new way. Have you borrowed an IP Cookbook from your coach? Have you tried roasting cauliflower or eating asparagus raw? Shake things up, you might find a new favorite!

♥Experiment to keep it interesting!

Don't rely on the same meals over and over again to get you through this diet, that is a sure fire way to fall off the wagon. Go online and look up low carb recipes, grab one from our discussion boards, borrow a cook book from Trista, take old favorites and add new spices...change it up so that you don't get bored and give up!

Mix up the packages into new flavors - I recently started adding half a package of chocolate pudding and half a package of cappuccino to 10 oz of water then pouring it in a mug and heating it for about a minute (give or take depending on the microwave). It's delicious and comforting and rich. Next I'm going to blend it with ice to make a yummy mocha ice cap!

Have you tried a dreamsicle yet (1/2 orange drink & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 8 oz of water)?

Have you tried a strawberry delight (1/2 strawberry pudding & 1/2 vanilla pudding with 10 oz of water)

or how about a double iced cappuccino (1 pkg of cappuccino mixed and 8 oz of coffee shaken over ice).

Experimenting with flavors and new ideas will keep you on the track to success!

♥ask questions & plan ahead!!

If you go out to a restaurant you can mix and match different dishes to accommodate your needs on Ideal Protein! Most restaurants will dry grill your food, change salads around to suit your needs, pull vegetables from one entree to serve as a side dish on your entree...all you have to do is ask!

It also helps to plan ahead, most restaurants show their menu online so you can plan your meal ahead of time and have a firm plan in place by the time you get to the restaurant with hunger and a weakened resolve!

What restaurants do you eat at on IP? What do you order? Feel free to share your ideas with everyone on the forum - knowledge is power & success for us all

♥Whether you have 20 lbs to lose and you're losing it a pound at a time or 100 to lose and you're losing it 4 or 5 at a time it can get overwhelming to think about getting to that end goal. Focus on mini-goals to achieve one at a time and reward yourself along the way; before you know it, you'll be there!

I put $50 in a jar for every month I'm on program with no cheats, at the end I hope to have about $600 to put toward a new wardrobe! I've also gotten a pedicure, a haircut & a new bike as rewards for my success. We don't always have to celebrate with food!

"I can't lose 120 lbs that's too hard to do but I can lose 10 lbs 12 times, that I know I can do!"

♥Have you been craving something you can't have? Try using the flavor profile from what you crave to create a meal that will satisfy your craving but keep you on program!

Try the Big Mac in a bowl recipe or Egg Pizza!

Last edited by Linden; 07-14-2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:21 PM   #29  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reba Roo View Post
This is my first time on this site and I'd like to figure out how to have the weight indicator bar and the pictures etc - where do I get that info

At the top of this page you will notice a purple colored bar with white words. That is a sort of control panel and the words are links to areas you can use to control your profile or, navigate the forums and threads.

THe USER CP tab is where your profile preferences, avatar (picture that shows with each post), profile picture (in the background and only shows when someone clicks on your username to see your full profile), and other signature elements exist. At this time, unless you have been on the board 20 days and 20 posts, you can create a signature but you are not allowed to post links or a ticker. You may still track your weight in the signature, add cute smiley or other animated emoticons (some use these to mark every 5 or 10 lbs lost), add a motivational quote or, any other WRITTEN, non linked, or html information.

Please read what the Moderator of our subforum posted about the weight indicator aka ticker. it will be very helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
Chickies, all this info is available in the first section of the main Forum.
Here's the ticker info.
You cannot post links until you've been here 20 days and done 20 posts.
(We are sooo mean but we do get spammers.)
If you need more information please ask!
Old 07-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 256/236/185

Height: 5 foot 9.25 inches

okay, a couple of things-
1) I'm finding I'm extra hungry today. Yesterday I probably - oh I admit it-I didn't get in all my food/calories. I also walked more at work than usual. I'm wondering - could it be my body is starting to act the way it should - letting me know when it is hungry? Research shows that when we don't override the hunger-no hungry stimulus in our brain we will eat what we need to maintain. That is why children often eat more at different times and less at others. Unfortunately most adults and many children learn to override and we eat for so many reasons besides hunger.
2) I'm starting to feel like a toddler with food jags. I eat something and just love it, and a week or 2 later I can't stand the thought of it. Anyone else have that problem?
Jean
Closed Thread