Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM   #391  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Good for you! I plan to do the same when my stock runs down. Would you mind sharing what products you ordered?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:02 PM   #392  
dedicated

S/C/G: 220/208/120

Height: 5'1"

Has anyone looked at the pizza on the protidiet stuff I'm looking at the info on it and it alsmost seems to be on plan??? Can this be true???
Old 03-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #393  

Ok so I'm considering doing this and I have a question although it may be stupid lol. Can you use mag-cal and multi-vitamans from GNC or Walmart instead of the Natura and if so how much would you take? and if you can only use Natura can someone point me in the direction of a store or website that sells it... Please and thank you!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:28 PM   #394  

S/C/G: 167/135/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
Has anyone looked at the pizza on the protidiet stuff I'm looking at the info on it and it alsmost seems to be on plan??? Can this be true???
Oh yeah! I have some. Of course, I treat it as a restricted, but add diced mushrooms, maybe a bit of green pepper, and a slice of mozzarella veggie cheese and you have got yourself PIZZA!! It tastes pretty darn good. Go for it.

Oh, and I use vitamins and other supplements that I buy at the grocery store. Just compare what you are actually getting in millegrams.

Last edited by Survalia; 03-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #395  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by r101 View Post
Good for you! I plan to do the same when my stock runs down. Would you mind sharing what products you ordered?
I used the spreadsheet that was developed that compared all the products. Here is what I ordered:

Proti-Thin Protein Wafer Squares - Dark Chocolate
Proti-Thin Snack - BBQ Soy Snacks
Proti-Thin Snack - Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks
ProtiDiet Hot Drink - Hot Cocoa
ProtiDiet Liquid Concentrate - Green Tea & Cranberry
ProtiDiet Liquid Concentrate - Tropical Fruit
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Smooth Caramel & Peanut
ProtiDiet Protein Bar - Supreme Caramel
ProtiDiet Pudding - Chocolate
ProtiDiet Pudding - Vanilla

I will probably get the EAS Carb Advantage RTD shakes as well. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:57 PM   #396  

S/C/G: 266/218/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I have lost all of my weight using these products as well as the CarbAdvantege EAS drinks from Sams Club. I recently purchased restricted bars also from Sams club. They are the detour bars and little higher in calories, but figured it was ok since I recently added exercise to my routine.
Thank you for sharing your experience! I am glad to hear about someone who has had success losing weight using alternatives.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 AM   #397  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneri View Post
Hi,
I am reading healthiest diet in the world. There it is mentioned, if you are following protine diet then it is better to use soy products and lentils.
The idea is always have carbs with protein, so your sugar will not spike up.
I felt the idea is great. She also mentions for so many nutrients are necessory for disgetion of protein and carbs.
Eating various veges is the best way of getting vitamines, which act as helpers in digestion.
Does your IP diet provide you all the nutrients?
Confused person
IP is an UN-balanced diet. Bodies were made for fat-storage, not fat loss, so the idea behind Ideal Protein is to eliminate carbs and force the body into ketosis - therefore burning fat that has been stored. A big part of the diet is taking vitamins to supplement those that are eliminated during the first - third phases of the diet. We eat four cups of veggies each day, so we get plenty of nutrients from those as well. Phases 3 and 4 (maintenance) slowly introduce good carbs back into the diet. By then, the body's cells will be more sensitive to insulin (the pancreas has not been producing much insulin during the first two phases), therefore reducing the sugar-insulin-more sugar cycle. There is a lot of info on the phases in the stickies part of the Ideal Protein forum. Dr. Tran's book is also a good resource for more information. Hope that makes it a little less confusing!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #398  
dedicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survalia View Post
Oh yeah! I have some. Of course, I treat it as a restricted, but add diced mushrooms, maybe a bit of green pepper, and a slice of mozzarella veggie cheese and you have got yourself PIZZA!! It tastes pretty darn good. Go for it.

Oh, and I use vitamins and other supplements that I buy at the grocery store. Just compare what you are actually getting in millegrams.
oooo now I'm exdited!! I have got to get my next order in!!
Old 03-07-2012, 04:30 PM   #399  
dedicated

I have some Proti-Thin soy snacks, chili lime and sour cream and onion they are terrible in my opinion!! I would be willing to give them to someone if you want them, just pay shipping or we could trade something? At any rate I know I won't eat them so I'm going to dump them if no one wants them!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 AM   #400  

S/C/G: 201/?see ticker?/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100poundfreeway View Post
I have some Proti-Thin soy snacks, chili lime and sour cream and onion they are terrible in my opinion!! I would be willing to give them to someone if you want them, just pay shipping or we could trade something? At any rate I know I won't eat them so I'm going to dump them if no one wants them!
I'll take them off your hands if shipping isn't outrageous to Indiana!
Old 03-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #401  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdorey256 View Post
Ok so I'm considering doing this and I have a question although it may be stupid lol. Can you use mag-cal and multi-vitamans from GNC or Walmart instead of the Natura and if so how much would you take? and if you can only use Natura can someone point me in the direction of a store or website that sells it... Please and thank you!
I use supplements from Walmart. I take a 3 tablets for 99 mg elemental potassium, Women's one a day and a Cal/mag/zinc twice a day. I read labels and made sure that the elemental ingredients matched IP protocol.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #402  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunladybug22 View Post
Nashua Nutrition has a Vanilla Peanut Bar by either Proti-Thin or Proti-Diet that looks very similar to the IP one.
Yes - it is exactly the same as IP. A lot cheaper too. Vanilla Nut is my favorite but they are currently sold out
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #403  
TexasGirl

S/C/G: 173.7/140

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacitaof2 View Post
I use supplements from Walmart. I take a 3 tablets for 99 mg elemental potassium, Women's one a day and a Cal/mag/zinc twice a day. I read labels and made sure that the elemental ingredients matched IP protocol.
Thanks - this will save me a lot of researching. Are they Walmart brand or another brand that you buy there?
Old 03-09-2012, 05:49 PM   #404  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yatese View Post
Thanks - this will save me a lot of researching. Are they Walmart brand or another brand that you buy there?
They are Nature Valley or something like that. Yellow label.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:08 PM   #405  

S/C/G: 187.6/177/130

Height: 5'4"

Thanks @mtnsun4!

I did pick similar ones and its reassuring to know i made good choices! I already use the EAS carb Advantage RTD shakes and really like them. They seem more in quantity than IP, but they dont seem to have affected me.

I hear Target usually has good deals on them.
Another options is Premier Protein(white cartons) if you are a Costco member
Closed Thread