Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:20 PM   #466  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEIslandGirl View Post
Hello Molly - I agree on the using the protein powders in shakes (just didn't like the watery texture). Have you ever found anything that compares to the IP puddings to use for shakes? I love my spinach shakes....

Hi PEIslandGirl,

Right now I'm up at our Michigan cottage and do not have all my different alternative products that I use to let you know. I brought with me Lindora's Double Chocolate Pudding. It is great, but has the big NO NO, aspertame. Did not catch that when I ordered it. I also have Nashua's Health Smart Chocolate Drink and it's been a couple of days since I had a shake with that, but I can't remember it not making a shake much different than using the IP Chocolate drink.

I will check the other different puddings and drinks I have at home. Since I've only been using alternatives for a month now, I've pretty much ordered all of the puddings (at least in the chocolate). I'm trying lots of things to find what I like the best.

I see the post right below yours, Mamazu says the Pure Protein makes up a great shake. That one I have not tried.

Molly
Old 05-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #467  

S/C/G: 195.0/172.8/150

Height: 5'5"

Morning All! I jumped the IP ship yesterday and bought the EAS Shakes from Walmart. I also bought the Pure Protein bars for a snack each day. Does this sound like I'm on the right alternative path? lol HELP! I don't want to screw my so far success up! lol
Old 05-10-2012, 11:03 AM   #468  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Morning All! I jumped the IP ship yesterday and bought the EAS Shakes from Walmart. I also bought the Pure Protein bars for a snack each day. Does this sound like I'm on the right alternative path? lol HELP! I don't want to screw my so far success up! lol
A lot of alternate IPers use EAS RTD Shakes and the Pure Protein bars, and they've been doing fine. Seems like you're on the right track.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:04 AM   #469  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amguidry View Post
I would like to say that so far I have lost 26 lbs. by using all alternative products from Wal-Mart!

This is my typical day:

8:30am B: EAS Advantedge Strawberry RTD shake
11:00am-1:00pm L: Small salad w/ cucumber/WF bacon ranch and 1.5-2 cups broccoli/zucchini/more cucumbers, EAS Advantedge Vanilla RTD shake
3:00pm - 4:00pm S: Pure Protein chocolate peanut butter protein bar
6:00pm -7:00pm D: Small salad w/ cucumber/WF bacon ranch, 5-8oz protein, 1.5-2 cups broccoli or zucchini
8:30pm - 9:30pm S: EAS Advantedge chocolate fudge RTD shake

I get my olive oil for the day by cooking it into my veggies.
I drink over about 100oz of water or more a day and take a multi vitamin.

I have never used IP products or supplements. I fully agree with the IP program and read a lot about it on this forum before I got started. I am a college student with a part time job and in no way can I afford to go to a coach and buy the IP food. I would like to say that I have followed the plan 100% with the alternative supplements too, but I have not because I did not want to order any supplements or go search for them in stores. I think the best thing to do would be to take at least a multi vitamin.

This is what works for me! Some use the Pure Protein bars as a restricted item only. I don't, as you see... I drink 3 shakes and eat 1 protein bar a day and I have consistently lost weight. I am on week 8 right now and have lost 26 lbs! Another factor is that I do boot camp M-F. Again, this is what works for me. I wanted to let everyone who was worried about using alternative IP products know that it does work as long as YOU DO NOT CHEAT and find what is best for you.
I like your plan! I am doing two EAS shakes and one Pure Protein bar a day though. Great job on the weight loss to date! Keep up the great work! Quick question though... what do you mean that you do boot camp m-f? Does that mean that you go off plan on the weekends? If so, do you drink wine/beer/drinks? lol Just asking because that is something that I am missing here and there! lol
Old 05-10-2012, 11:38 AM   #470  

S/C/G: 197.5/143.2/145

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer73 View Post
Absolutely! That's all I've used the entire time. I also like to alternate between EAS and the Pure Protein powder.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:48 AM   #471  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaZu View Post
Absolutely! That's all I've used the entire time. I also like to alternate between EAS and the Pure Protein powder.
THanks so much! I also wanted to ask if anyone has an occasional wine with their meal? I'm not a big drinker but when we go to a social event I like to have one. What consequences will I face?
Old 05-10-2012, 02:02 PM   #472  

S/C/G: 193/187

Default Results of research and question about omelettes

Hi everyone,

I am new, on day 6, successfully in ketosis and losing weight, and feeling ripped off by my clinic. After a few hours of research I have come up with some inexpensive products that I thought other newbies might like to hear about.
Here's my plan:

Vitamins and Mineral: NOW Liquid Multi Gels, Multi Vitamin & Mineral, 180 softgels $19.99 for 90 days supply
Omega-3: NOW Ultra Omega-3, 90 softgels $10.99 for 90 days supply
Ca & MG: NOW Calcium & Magnesium, 100 tablets $4.49 for 100 days supply
Potassium: 2 tsp cream of tartar mixed in with foods

For protein: Doctor's CarbRite Diet Smoothie, Creamy Chocolate, 1 lb. $13.99 for 15 servings.

All of these were ordered from netrition.com last night.

I remember reading in this forum someones's alternative for IP omelets using eggbeaters but now I can't find it. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks and all the best,
Milt
Old 05-10-2012, 02:14 PM   #473  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Milt - I can't afford the actual IP products but letting you know that I use GNC's AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60, which is a shake mix that you get 60g of protein into 1 serving (about 1/2 cup of powder) I cut that into 1/3 and use that in place of the shakes. It's not as good, but since I only slam one for breakfast and mindless drink the second at lunch it works out. I have one protein intake a day that is not a shake or dinner, usually a bar I order from Wonderslim.com (also cheaper than IP). Bonus of those shakes, they have 20g of protein per 1/3 serving and only 2g of carbs and <1g fat, win Price is $72 for 51 servings, buy it on BOGO with a gold card and it ends up being $85 (20% off + buy one get one) for 102 servings, hoorah

Vitamins I buy from the grocery store, total cost was like, $15 for a 100pill bottle of multivitamins, bottle of Calcium Magnesium, and bottle of Potassium Calcium.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #474  
04/23/12~Kara

S/C/G: 194.8/171.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by miltf View Post
Hi everyone,

I remember reading in this forum someones's alternative for IP omelets using eggbeaters but now I can't find it. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Thanks and all the best,
Milt
Milt-here's that "thread" topic, the original thread was gone but I found a quote of the post:

Originally Posted by IrishLass59
I loved the IP herb and cheese omelet, but found that I could use egg beaters, Land-o-Lakes powdered cheese, and Mrs Dash Tomato Basil or Onion Herb seasoning to make an omelet that is darn good for a tiny fraction of the cost. Need to use 3/4 cup of Egg Beaters to get the same protein grams, but then a quart costs like 5 bucks, versus $4 per omelet from IP!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:21 PM   #475  
Started IP 5-1-15

S/C/G: 210/196/160

Height: 5'5

A co-worker has ordered from Diet Direct and is going to let me try some products next week. I will keep you posted on what i find!!
Old 05-11-2012, 02:40 PM   #476  

S/C/G: 190/138 - 2012; Reboot 175/140

Height: 5"4

Good afternoon:

This is my first post and I have been doing the alternative IP plan since March 2012. I have lost 13.4 lbs thus far, and just recently had my first gain (1.3 lb). In reading more through the IP Phase 1 sheet of instructions, i realized that I was doing the alternative for diabetics!!!! I was given this sheet to follow and followed it 100% OP.

My typical day was:
breakfast: 2oz of EAS drink w/coffee plus 2 slices Eze bread

lunch: protein w/2 cups of veggies, plus salad

snack: banana

dinner: protein w/2cups of veggies, plus salad

snack: rest of protein drink from am

As of this week,

Breakfast - I've cut out the Eze bread and now drink my entire EAS drink for breakfast w/black coffee, plus 2 egg whites (unlimited, right?).

Lunch - EAS drink - w/2cups of veggies/salad
Dinner - 8oz protein - w/2cups of veggies/salad
Snack - EAS drink

Is this the correct way of doing this? I guess I'll see if it did something on my next weigh in (Tuesday).

On a side note, I want to say YOU ARE ALL an inspiration on staying 100% OP, which I thought I was on :?
Old 05-11-2012, 05:53 PM   #477  

Default Ugh!

Hi all, I've spent many sleepless nights reading through this and other threads before deciding to try this diet. Thanks for all the info!

It's been a week, I went from eating anything and everything to
EAS shakes, pure protein bars, egg whites, veggies, grilled chicken, suppliments, water, and some proti-diet snacks.
In a week I lost..... DIDDLY SQUAT

I only want to lose 20 lbs. (I want to keep some curves but stop buying bigger jeans) I do feel good aside from craving grilled cheese and bagels.

I'm also obsessively logging my food on the myfitnesspal app.
I'm not used to being on diets, but I've been so good.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong

Also can someone break down the amount of grams of fat, protein, and carbs allowed/needed on this diet. I searched and can't find an answer.

Thanks again for all your info and help... still chugging along but if another week goes by with no results, I may give up.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:17 PM   #478  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugh73 View Post
Hi all, I've spent many sleepless nights reading through this and other threads before deciding to try this diet. Thanks for all the info!

It's been a week, I went from eating anything and everything to
EAS shakes, pure protein bars, egg whites, veggies, grilled chicken, suppliments, water, and some proti-diet snacks.
In a week I lost..... DIDDLY SQUAT

I only want to lose 20 lbs. (I want to keep some curves but stop buying bigger jeans) I do feel good aside from craving grilled cheese and bagels.

I'm also obsessively logging my food on the myfitnesspal app.
I'm not used to being on diets, but I've been so good.

Don't know what I'm doing wrong

Also can someone break down the amount of grams of fat, protein, and carbs allowed/needed on this diet. I searched and can't find an answer.

Thanks again for all your info and help... still chugging along but if another week goes by with no results, I may give up.
What you're listing for food sounds good, but it could be how much of what. Some of those things (bars, drinks, snacks) are what is called restricted. They have more than 9 grams of carbs. You can only have one restricted a day. Usually all bars are restricted and some snacks are. You should have only three protein items. One restricted and two non-restricted or three non-restricted.
Then you need to have two cups of vegetables (the very low carb ones, no potatoes, carrots, etc.) at lunch and two cups at dinner. You also need 8oz of animal protein, like the chicken you mentioned. Limit egg whites to a quarter cup. The only things you can add have to be 0/0/0 fat, calories, carbs. Finally, lots of water is ultra-important. At least 64 ozs, not to exceed 128oz (1 gallon). That flushes the fat.

Hope this helps. If you don't find something here, maybe list some of your meals so we can see if there is something we see.

Molly
Old 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM   #479  
On IP since 04/29/12

S/C/G: 228/187/135

I've been in IP for two weeks now and really feel good, even though I just started. I placed my first order with Nashua yesterday to try some of the alternatives in order to get some variety ;-) Can't wait to receive it. Thanks for all the information sharing, it is of great value while navigating to find the best options to stay OP and save money :-) Greatly appreciated!
Old 05-12-2012, 01:35 PM   #480  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
What you're listing for food sounds good, but it could be how much of what. Some of those things (bars, drinks, snacks) are what is called restricted. They have more than 9 grams of carbs. You can only have one restricted a day. Usually all bars are restricted and some snacks are. You should have only three protein items. One restricted and two non-restricted or three non-restricted.
Then you need to have two cups of vegetables (the very low carb ones, no potatoes, carrots, etc.) at lunch and two cups at dinner. You also need 8oz of animal protein, like the chicken you mentioned. Limit egg whites to a quarter cup. The only things you can add have to be 0/0/0 fat, calories, carbs. Finally, lots of water is ultra-important. At least 64 ozs, not to exceed 128oz (1 gallon). That flushes the fat.

Hope this helps. If you don't find something here, maybe list some of your meals so we can see if there is something we see.

Molly
Thanks for responding, yeah I'm doing everything right. 2 shakes a day and either a bar or a proi-diet snack (BBQ soy nuts are good)
I'm eating salad & veggies, mostly cucumber. Drinking water, always been a water drinker, plus I feel like I'm swallowing supplements all day.
For my one meal, it's seared ahi or chicken. I did have 3 pieces of bacon today with my one egg white.
Hopefully I'll see some loss this week.

I've read that you need about 1 gram of protein for every pound (goal weight) but with the 2 shakes, bar/snack, and meat/egg whites I'm still way under.
Has anyone else read this? Is there a higher protein shake than the EAS with low carbs and cals? That tastes good too? The EAS ones aren't bad and the RTD is so easy.

Last edited by Ugh73; 05-12-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Closed Thread