Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 03:15 PM   #211  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hiya everyone,

I posted some 2 month and 40 lbs down progress pictures on my blog! I couldn't post them on here, I think the picture file is too big

I ♥ Ideal Protein
Ummm.....WOW is the only word I can think of. You look amazing!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:24 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

kate87 -
I love sushi and I have gone out for it 2x so far since I've been on IP (about to finish up my 8th week). You are not allowed to have wasabi - I asked my coach. Of course you can eat the soy sauce, ginger, and the diakon radishes. They usually use the diakon radish (white Japanese radish) as garnish on sashimi plates.

Order sashimi. Also, seaweed is an allowed veggie (it falls under the algae category). If they have seaweed salad (wakame) have some! I like it a lot. I think I counted that as 1 cup of veggies. And I had 7 pieces of sashimi (it's just the fish) which is about 7 ounces. In doing some research, I discovered that Yellowtail is a type of Red Fish, which is on the sheet. Pretty much every other type of fish that they will serve you is on the sheet too (except Whitefish - I can't find that one anywhere!).

Enjoy your sushi. There should really be a sushi smiley face icon, don't you think?
Old 03-18-2010, 03:33 PM   #213  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
+1 I'll take all the help I can get. EVERYONE knows I'm on this diet (friends/family/clients/etc). Just makes it a bit easier so they don't do things to sabbotage me.
I don't know why, but for some reason I am keeping it a secret. My husband and 2 boys know. I guess others will start seeing the weight loss and I'll have to fess up, but for now "mum's the word"
Old 03-18-2010, 03:58 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJC View Post
Ummm.....WOW is the only word I can think of. You look amazing!
Way to go--those pictures are wonderful!!! Like so many have already said, Jordanna, you are a true inspiration to us all!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:10 PM   #215  

WyoSun
Quote:
I find myself eating cukes most of the time because they are easy and I love them. Now that is the really lazy!!!!
Haha, me too! Well let's just be lazy and eat cucumber.

harlee_girl -
Wow I love what you did to deal with your snarky regional manager and boss. You go girl! You stick to this diet whether your colleagues want to derail you or not. That's so funny that you ate lettuce and they stuffed their faces. I find sometimes people don't want me to be on a diet because it makes them feel bad. Maybe they should do something about their poor eating habits too, you know? I like to avoid those sticky situations like the "boss taking you out to lunch" and luckily I haven't had to deal with any. Well done! The other thing you can do is switch your lunch and dinner. Have grilled fish or chicken with veggies and salad if you need to go out for lunch again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma
Weigh in yesterday. Very happy with my results this week! Lost 4.5 lbs! Bringing my total to date as 39.5 lbs!! Woo Hoo!!!! So happy I couldn't stop grinning! this is the lowest I have weighed in years!

The "assistant" was present - but I did not engage in conversation with her, except when she was arguing- I mean discussing - which detox tea I had purchased from a nutrition store. Wouldn't listen to what I said, kept insisting it was this product she had bought (laxative tea) Finally she conceded that she was thinking of a different product - but not until the coach stepped in and said something...... ugh - some people.......

Had another NSV moment yesterday as well - without even realizing what I was doing, I actually sprinted up the stairs at work! And was not out of breath at the top! YESSSS!!!!

Good luck to everyone on your weigh in's! Have a great day everyone!
Yay! What fantasic results - 4.5 pounds!!!

Good job on dealing with the assistant. Obviously she has little to no clue how to do her job properly. I'm so happy you have more energy and can run up the stairs now!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:16 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
I posted some 2 month and 40 lbs down progress pictures on my blog! I couldn't post them on here, I think the picture file is too big
Wow, Jordanna! You look fantastic! Your face especially looks incredible! Good for you!!!
Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #217  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
I don't know why, but for some reason I am keeping it a secret. My husband and 2 boys know. I guess others will start seeing the weight loss and I'll have to fess up, but for now "mum's the word"
I didn't actually start out wanting to tell everyone, but had to have an explanation when I wasn't eating the pizza or rita's or junk everyone else was. I was asked about it, so I figured the truth is best. Though I don't go into too much detail on the actual diet
Old 03-18-2010, 04:27 PM   #218  

carlashera -
Quote:
I didn't tell anyone at the beginning either. It took a full 6 weeks for my coworkers to notice. I usually ate salad for lunch anyway so it wasn't a huge difference. Now they all have noticed because they see the results! I only tell people if I want to tell them now anyway. I went out with my boyfriend's family once and I didn't even tell them. Then afterwards we went back to their house and had birthday cupcakes for the birthday girl (his aunt). I just said I was stuffed from dinner and didn't want one.

Also, things will change taste for you on this diet. It's so odd! I am with Jordanna on this one - I have my chocolate pudding, vanilla pudding, wildberry yogurt, and cappuccino drink. That's basically what I've been eating since week 2 or 3. Oh I had a box of omelets too, but I started getting sick of them by the end of that week. So I didn't order anymore. I like the pre-packaged vanilla and chocolate drinks too. I used those as coffee creamer (1 ounce at a time until they were gone). I also found that the dressing I made at the beginning out of vinegar, lemon, and olive oil which I grew to quickly hate, I now like again. Just eat what you like and don't order any more of the stuff you don't like. Your coach may let you trade in a few packets for something else too if you can't stomach it. And try something again a week or two later - you may find it's not as bad as you thought!

libbyshims -
Quote:
Major NSV for me yesterday- when cleaning out my closet last week, I found 3 pairs of jeans from 5 years ago. All designer and pretty expensive, which is why I held onto them for so long. Anyway, yesterday, I figured what the heck, I'm gonna see how far I can get them up my thighs..remembering that about once a year when I was feeling skinny, I would pull them out and couldn't get them past my knees. WELL--They FIT!!! Truthfully, they look a bit trashy--still need either 5 more pounds or a good stomach flu--but I was able to get them up and buttoned even!!! Woo Hoo!!!
Bwah ha ha! 5 more pounds or a good stomach flu to fit into those jeans!
They are up and buttoning now, next week they will look super sexy and not trashy. Aren't you glad you saved those designer jeans?
Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hiya everyone,

I ♥ Ideal Protein
What a difference! You have quite a pretty, heart-shaped face now. Mine is round no matter what my weight is!
Old 03-18-2010, 05:43 PM   #220  

Jordanna- You can really tell that you have lost a huge amount of weight! Your cute face looks so different too. Fantastic!!

Regarding telling people about the plan, I also haven't told many people. I told a couple and I could tell they thought "Oh, here she goes again" so I just stopped telling anyone I didn't have to. The few outside of my DH I did tell, I explained simply that it was a medical treatment program to lose weight. Eventully people will ask, but I think I will be selective in who and what I tell people. I haven't told my kids and will see my daughter the end of April and want to see what her reaction is. Hope to see my son in July, and I should have lost quite a bit by then.

Cinnamon- I think that some people do not want me to lose either as it just reminds them that they need to do something too. When I told my Mom, she said that if I lose too fast, I will just gain it back. So, I haven't shared anything since.

I have found that at times, I have a hard time eating all my dinner. I think my tastes have changed, and I eat more to just nourish myself, and just get it done. Some of the food I now think is good, a few weeks ago I wouldn't have eaten! Focus and motivation can do wonders.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #221  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
funny, I haven't really told anyone either. my husband, kids, and parents know, and anyone else who knows only knows because they have noticed that I've lost weight and have asked. Oh, btw, I had a nsv yesterday! I pulled off my pants w/out unbuttoning them!!! Yay!! I remember laying on the bed to button them!!
Old 03-18-2010, 06:55 PM   #222  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
funny, I haven't really told anyone either. my husband, kids, and parents know, and anyone else who knows only knows because they have noticed that I've lost weight and have asked. Oh, btw, I had a nsv yesterday! I pulled off my pants w/out unbuttoning them!!! Yay!! I remember laying on the bed to button them!!

[ YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT IS EXCITING

By the way, I was born in Tennessee. GO VOLUNTEERS!
Old 03-18-2010, 08:03 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Wow Jordanna you look awesome!!! You've just shrunk all over - your face is especially different - Way to GO!!
Way to go Jordan you look beautiful !
Old 03-18-2010, 08:31 PM   #224  

awww thanks everyone
Old 03-18-2010, 09:22 PM   #225  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Jordanna!!!! You look amazing!!! I can't believe how much different your face looks. And how much your back has changed as well. That is just awesome!!!!
My coach took some mid-way photos of me today and I'm excited to see them. Definitely a great motivator!
Closed Thread