Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #316  
Senior Member
 
stacerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 182

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Well it's day 2. I'm obviously new here. However, for the past 24 hours I've read post after post on here, so I feel like I already know most of you! My name is Melissa, I live in FL.
Welcome, Kelsey!
stacerp is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:52 AM   #317  
Senior Member 2/12/2010
 
HopefulTricia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 420

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
Has anyone's coach commented on Altoid Smalls - they're sugar-free and sweetened with Sucralose - no aspartame?
Yes my doc recommended them. At first I bought the
large box when I couldn't find the small one.
They are not the same. It must be the mini box. I carry
them around but haven't used them much. Only in the beginning when I felt like I had bad breathe.
HopefulTricia is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #318  
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacerp View Post
I read his book (online) the day before I started too. My only worry about doing this (packets only) is what happens when you start the other phases and add food (and more calories) into your diet? Maybe it's the same as doing the regular Phase 1 and going into the other phases... Your thoughts?
Thats a good question . I would be worried about that also .
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #319  
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Question Questions: (if I may???)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post


Welcome Kelsey!! I am pretty new here too. I am on my 9th day and it is going well. It's amazing once your get through the first 3 to 4 days how you're suddenly not hungry anymore and your body just kicks into gear. Make sure you eat all your packets and veggies and don't forget the salt or your headache will get you

Good luck. This website is soooo addicting. I look at it more than Facebook!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Welcome ! You will love this site . I have learned so much from all the great people on here . More than I get from my coach . You will do great ! And feel great also . Good luck !
#1 - Can vegetarians do this diet? My daughter wants to do it and she doesn't eat any meat, which I think as long as she did 4 packets daily would work.

#2 My daughter only wants to lose 12-14 lbs... is that okay for this type of diet?

#3 Is Splenda allowed? If so, how much, how often, when?

#4 My dr/coach said I can have italian dressing (wishbone) on my salad, has everyone else been told that? If so, how much is allowed?

#5 My dr/coach said "NO exersize" but I hear a lot of people talking about working out, so I'm confused... I know a few people who go to him and they are doing amazing!!! He himself has lost 50 lbs since January. So to work out or not to work out - that is the question!

SORRY! I've read and read to find the answers, but I just haven't got an answer, so I'm asking. THANK YOU ALL!
Kelsey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #320  
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

So I have a goal to loose 20 more lbs by the middle of April . I have gone way out of my comfort zone and have booked a Boudoir Photography session to surprise my husband with for our 16th anniversarry in May . So nervous and excited at the same time . He will love to have those pictures while he is in Iraq away from me .
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #321  
Started IP March 1, 2010
 
WyoSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sundance, Wy.
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

Goddess....you are right, 2 of the Lindora items(drink mixes) have aspartame in them. I had a couple during last week and didn't seem to cause me a problem, but I will use those sparingly. I don't use sweetener of any type in anything I drink or eat, so hoping that this won't be a big deal for me.
I am down almost 14 lb. and so far no one has noticed either. I'm not too worried about it. I am tall and can carry a lot of weight and my weight is distributed pretty evenly. When my face starts to thin out then people will notice. I am wearing vests and sweaters that I haven't had on in 2 years. It is nice to have something besides the 2-3 items I wore all the time.
You know I really noticed it in my socks. So many of them are tight at the top and made bad indentations in my legs. I noticed I could wear them now. I know it isn't much, but every NSV counts!!!!
Have a good day everyone..
WyoSun is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #322  
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
So I have a goal to loose 20 more lbs by the middle of April . I have gone way out of my comfort zone and have booked a Boudoir Photography session to surprise my husband with for our 16th anniversarry in May . So nervous and excited at the same time . He will love to have those pictures while he is in Iraq away from me .
WOW! You're inspiring!!! Way to go... it's a fantastic idea!
Kelsey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:03 AM   #323  
Started IP March 1, 2010
 
WyoSun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Sundance, Wy.
Posts: 319

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Default

Welcome Kelsey. Glad to have you join us.
WyoSun is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #324  
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Goddess....you are right, 2 of the Lindora items(drink mixes) have aspartame in them. I had a couple during last week and didn't seem to cause me a problem, but I will use those sparingly. I don't use sweetener of any type in anything I drink or eat, so hoping that this won't be a big deal for me.
I am down almost 14 lb. and so far no one has noticed either. I'm not too worried about it. I am tall and can carry a lot of weight and my weight is distributed pretty evenly. When my face starts to thin out then people will notice. I am wearing vests and sweaters that I haven't had on in 2 years. It is nice to have something besides the 2-3 items I wore all the time.
You know I really noticed it in my socks. So many of them are tight at the top and made bad indentations in my legs. I noticed I could wear them now. I know it isn't much, but every NSV counts!!!!
Have a good day everyone..
Newbie question: What is NSV???
Kelsey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #325  
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
#1 - Can vegetarians do this diet? My daughter wants to do it and she doesn't eat any meat, which I think as long as she did 4 packets daily would work.

#2 My daughter only wants to lose 12-14 lbs... is that okay for this type of diet?

#3 Is Splenda allowed? If so, how much, how often, when?

#4 My dr/coach said I can have italian dressing (wishbone) on my salad, has everyone else been told that? If so, how much is allowed?

#5 My dr/coach said "NO exersize" but I hear a lot of people talking about working out, so I'm confused... I know a few people who go to him and they are doing amazing!!! He himself has lost 50 lbs since January. So to work out or not to work out - that is the question!

SORRY! I've read and read to find the answers, but I just haven't got an answer, so I'm asking. THANK YOU ALL!
Yes Vegitarians can do this diet . My friend only needed to loose 18 lbs and did the diet and loss . Splenda is allowed but you have to count the carbs in each packet . My coach says that Stevia is better to use . I was told no dressings besides olive oil or the ones we make from Ip or walden Farms . My coach says no heavy excercising . I walk everyday 3 to 4 miles and I have lost almost 5 lbs every week . I know some are doing more and seem to be doing ok . I knw everyone is diffrent and you just have to know your body I guess. Its a great program ! I have lost 55lbs since I started 9 weeks ago .
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:05 AM   #326  
Senior Member
 
stacerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 182

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
#4 My dr/coach said I can have italian dressing (wishbone) on my salad, has everyone else been told that? If so, how much is allowed?
I'll leave the other questions for someone else. My coach said only Walden Farms or Oil & Vinegar (not Balsamic). I didn't have any Walden Farms until well into my 2nd week because I wanted to break the habit of having my salads drowning in Ranch or Bleu Cheese dressing. I would, and still do, have Olive Oil & Vinegar. Someone else here recommends Grape Seed Oil (can't remember who). When I went out to eat the first week and both restaurants only had Balsamic, I had olive oil and lemon slices. That was kind of hard, but also liberating in a strange way. Now I carry Walden Farm's Creamy Bacon dressing in my car and purse.
stacerp is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #327  
:)
 
Kelsey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Central FL
Posts: 483

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Yes Vegitarians can do this diet . My friend only needed to loose 18 lbs and did the diet and loss . Splenda is allowed but you have to count the carbs in each packet . My coach says that Stevia is better to use . I was told no dressings besides olive oil or the ones we make from Ip or walden Farms . My coach says no heavy excercising . I walk everyday 3 to 4 miles and I have lost almost 5 lbs every week . I know some are doing more and seem to be doing ok . I knw everyone is diffrent and you just have to know your body I guess. Its a great program ! I have lost 55lbs since I started 9 weeks ago .
Thanks for the answers!!! and so quickly - wow
Kelsey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:30 AM   #328  
Senior Member
 
Chaplains wifey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: washington
Posts: 201

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
WOW! You're inspiring!!! Way to go... it's a fantastic idea!
Thank you . I am really nervous but the lady does very beautiful pictures and very tasteful also . My husband will be so surprised because this is so not my character .
Chaplains wifey is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:39 AM   #329  
Member
 
Wyo Sky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 55

Default Measuring vegetables

Hello all,
I have a question regarding the vegetables (from the select list) that we are allowed to have two cups of at lunch and dinner. Does anyone ever go over the two cups? I have found out..

Although I have a food scale, I've been loading up my 2 cup measure (and sometimes just eyeballing it ) and going off that...I then started this week to measure with the scale and I can tell that I have actually been eating MORE of vegetables (over the two cups based on gram weights per cup by particular vegetable) than I thought I was and this is sort of a bummer.

I am also wondering what other people and their coaches (the ones that have a clue) say about going over the 2 cup veg...is it an ABSOLUTE NO-NO...or is ok to do from time to time? I am not talking about a heap more, but maybe 1/8 to 1/4 cup more?

A situation for me might be I cook up 2 cups broccoli and cauliflower but then while sauteeing some chicken, I end up throwing a few mushroom slices in. Am I fooling myself that this is OK when potentially it is NOT?

Any imput is great appreciated!
Wyo Sky is offline  
Old 03-20-2010, 11:48 AM   #330  
Kris M
 
Mystical Mamma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Thunder Bay, ON Canada
Posts: 211

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Default

Wow so many posts to get caught up on! Such great successes happening on a daily basis! Man, I love this forum! So much great support and encouragement!!


Want2Run -Woo Hoo! What an awesome job you are doing! So proud of you for reaching the 50 lb mark! You must feel so great! Hope to join you in this celebration shortly!! lol!

Libby shims - awesome NSV with the smaller sized jeans! - what an awesome thing to have happen!

Fluffy Momma - I also love the feeling of being able to pull pants off without unbuttoning them! The best!

Carlasherea: Love the quote you posted: "The scale lies, trust your size!" So so true! Congrats on your success so far! Doing great! Before you know it, you`ll be pulling your loose jeans off without unzipping them!

WyoSun 5.6 lbs is AWESOME!!! Keep up the great job!
Mystical Mamma is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IP Chat - Week of March 8 - 14th jordanna Ideal Protein Diet 551 03-19-2010 05:35 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.