Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

DH = Dear husband
Old 03-17-2010, 07:06 PM   #137  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Fluffymama and WyoSun for the encouragement!!! Man, this feels so good Now I get to go change my weight in my profile

Last edited by carlasherea; 03-17-2010 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM   #138  
IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
Hey Rritiki19 - don't throw that crappy WF ketchup away - add some spices (or not) and use it like a bbq sauce. I didn't like mine either but it really was good when I added some worchestershire (sp?) and spice over round steak or stew meat or roast in the slow cooker. I added cut up turnip, onion (which because it's steamed and not carmelized we can eat), baby carrots and potatoes for my family. Threw it together in the a.m., turned the slow cooker on low and voila...supper is made when i get home that evening.
Thanks for the great idea!!! I will definitely have to try something like that. My friend started IP a week ago and I'd been raving about turnip fries. Well she turned hers into mashed turnips instead with ham steaks and she said it was like Easter dinner. I had NEVER even thought of mashing them! I love when great ideas like this are brought to my attention!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Just had my first weigh in. I couldn't even look! I just told her to tell me if its good or bad. She laughed and said "It's Good"

7.8 lbs my first week on IP. I am so very proud and also convinced that there is something different about this diet.

She will measure me next week. I can't wait to hear about the inches. I notice that more than the weight.
Congratulations!!! You did awesome!!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:17 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 202/166/150

Happy St. Patrick's day, you IPer's, you!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffymama View Post
my coach said that the diet drinks will SLOW DOWN your weight loss, the carbonation is the killer! I believe her because I was in a rut for a couple of weeks and I completely cut out the diet coke and finally I lost 3 lbs again! I miss it, really I do, because I am a diet coke addict, but with what were paying every week for food, it is not worth the stall in weight loss.
Hi, fluffy, I was just reading about diet sodas. The studies say that most diet sodas don't inhibit weight loss. But the sodium in them could cause some people to retain water. And the carbonation can keep women's bodies from using calcium. The study actually said more than 2 sodas a day would do this, but that it wouldn't hurt men's absorption of calcium. Weird, huh?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:57 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
I love edemame too...however, when I asked my coach she said it was a no, because it is considered a bean. I was so saddened. I looked at the nutritional ingredients on the bag of frozen at my grocery store and although the protien count was high, so was the calories. Not sure if it was just the brand I had, but I decided to not eat it. That being said, if you find that you are eating it and it isn't having a negative impact on your loss I say go for it!!!
I'll have to see how my weighin goes on Friday, As I saw it on the sheet as soyabeans, and that's all edamame is, it's young soya beans, thought it would be ok, I'll let you all know tomorrow cause that is the only thing I've changed this week. and I love edamame
Old 03-17-2010, 08:03 PM   #143  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
DH = Dear husband
Does somebody knit? I know DH as a knitting term meaning Dear Husband!!!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:15 PM   #144  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Haven't knitted for 30 years. I got that term from another board I frequent.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:33 PM   #145  
Started IP Aug 4/09

S/C/G: 235/146/130 Healthy BMI=140

Height: 5' 3"

BevS: Thank you for the welcome back note... Already week 2 of this time around and feeling hungry again... Have not cheated or eaten anything wrong (trust me, after 7 months I know the plan!) and am still craving for food!! Wondering what is wrong because I haven't felt deprived on the 1st week back on plan...

RJC: I totally understand being tired of the packets/food! A good way to change the taste and bring it more appetizing is to add spices (ex: cinnamon on pudding, red pepper on omelett), flavors (almond or maple extracts on pudding or shakes) and veggies (broccoli in soups, zuchini in omelett) to some of them...

Good luck and I "still" commit not to cheat... even if cheese, peanut butter or chocolate spread would taste soooo gooood right now! (2 kids and a husband not doing IP in the house! )
Sorry, had to get it all out.....
Old 03-17-2010, 08:36 PM   #146  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Quote:
Okay, so I used to like the chicken soup. For 2 days. I tried it today and almost threw up. Literally couldn't eat the whole packet. I hope it doesn't affect anything that I only ate 1/2 a packet for lunch. I did get all my veggies in at least. I am thinking I would enjoy just having the chocolate and vanilla drinks.

Trying these other funky flavors are not working out. I finally can eat the omelet without gagging. Oh well, I guess you just have to get used to different flavors, but I think the chicken soup will have to be off my list permanately.
i can't stomach the soups anymore at all! to get through my omelette packets i had to add tobasco or some kind of hot sauce, along with onions and mushrooms, it made it edible to me.
Old 03-17-2010, 08:38 PM   #147  

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
Haven't knitted for 30 years. I got that term from another board I frequent.
That's funny, it's a term that is even in knitting books these days!!
Old 03-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 252/215/165

Quote:
Just had my first weigh in. I couldn't even look! I just told her to tell me if its good or bad. She laughed and said "It's Good"

7.8 lbs my first week on IP. I am so very proud and also convinced that there is something different about this diet.

She will measure me next week. I can't wait to hear about the inches. I notice that more than the weight.
Wow...Congrats...that's not "good" that's amazing.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #149  
Start 2014

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, fluffy, I was just reading about diet sodas. The studies say that most diet sodas don't inhibit weight loss. But the sodium in them could cause some people to retain water. And the carbonation can keep women's bodies from using calcium. The study actually said more than 2 sodas a day would do this, but that it wouldn't hurt men's absorption of calcium. Weird, huh?
Just one more thing that isn't fair when you compare men and women!!!! I guess if you have to have one have it right after your weigh in. It will be gone and no affect at your next weigh in. PRETTY SNEAKY
Old 03-17-2010, 09:51 PM   #150  
Start 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate87 View Post
i can't stomach the soups anymore at all! to get through my omelette packets i had to add tobasco or some kind of hot sauce, along with onions and mushrooms, it made it edible to me.
It worries me a little that things are already tasting icky to me on week one. I really narrowed down my choices this week to chocolate drinks and crispy cereal and puddings and yogurt for snacks. I hope that helps.
Closed Thread