Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2010, 02:49 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Can anyone tell me the best place to find shirataki noodles? I'm up in Canada so our selection of some things doesn't seem to be as good as what you can find in the US. I looked in the asian section of Safeway today, but no luck.
I ordered them online. www.miraclenoodles.com
Old 10-17-2010, 03:56 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Roasted Lemon Herb Chicken

Ingredients
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (3 pound) whole chicken
2 lemons
2 tablespoons olive oil

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

Combine the seasoning, salt, mustard powder, garlic powder and black pepper; set aside. Rinse the chicken thoroughly, and remove the giblets. Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle 1 1/2 teaspoons of the spice mixture inside the chicken. Rub the remaining mixture on the outside of the chicken.

Squeeze the juice of the 2 lemons into a small bowl or cup, and mix with the olive oil. Drizzle this oil/juice mixture over the chicken.

Bake in the preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours, or until juices run clear, basting several times with the remaining oil mixture.

(Notes: I made this tonight with a 5 pound chicken, so I upped all the amounts here. I put garlic and rosemary sprigs under the skin and in the cavity, as well. Overall, it was good. Needed additional salt. I pulled all the chicken off into 5 oz packages to have on salads for the next few days) Got it from Allrecipes.com.
Old 10-17-2010, 10:19 AM   #183  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Can anyone tell me the best place to find shirataki noodles? I'm up in Canada so our selection of some things doesn't seem to be as good as what you can find in the US. I looked in the asian section of Safeway today, but no luck.
Kaarin, I found them in Saskatoon "Dad's Nutrition Centre" - it's a locally owned vitamin/health food store that stocks some dry goods and produce, as well as the Miracle Noodles (also shirataki noodles). The noodles don't have to be refrigerated, so can be ordered on line at www.miraclenoodle.com. They do keep longer if you store in the fridge though.
Old 10-17-2010, 08:39 PM   #184  

Default Spicy Southwestern Slaw

Spicy Southwestern Slaw

1 bag shredded cabbage
1/3 c. minced cilantro
1/3 c. diced red onion

Dressing:
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
2-3 packets splenda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper,
1 small serrano pepper, seeded and finely minced (optional)

Combine cabbage, cilantro, and onion in a bowl. wisk dressing ingredients together and pour over salad.

I loved this!
Old 10-19-2010, 01:18 PM   #185  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default Celery Root Puree

This is (imho) even better than the cauliflower mashed potatoes. I think it's even better than real mashed potatoes!

2 large celery roots (aka "celeriac"), about softball size
salt
1/8c to 1/4 c EVOO
a dash of white pepper

Peel the celery roots: use a knife, not a veggie peeler. These things are tough!
Cut into small chunks, about 2" square
Boil salted water and add the root
simmer until soft, about 30 minutes
Drain and put into a food processor
Add the EVOO and white pepper and process until smooth and creamy. May need a dash more of salt.

Holy root veggies, batman, this is to die for!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:38 PM   #186  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Default Rotel Chicken

This is not original in any way! Nor is the title!

Last week, in a pinch, I made this, and DH requested it again right away.

I use the pre-cooked mesquite grilled chicken breasts that are sold in the frozen section at Sam's. I laid out six breasts in a 9x13 pan and pre-heated the oven.

In a bowl, I mixed two cans of Rotel (I used one original and one mild because I can't handle too much heat), and one can of regular diced tomatoes. I add a little cilantro, garlic salt, etc. to taste.

Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken, and cover with foil. I cooked it about 30 minutes at about 375. It takes longer to get the chicken heated with the tomatoes/juice in the pan than the chicken typically takes to cook, but it ends up being a nice spicy treat.

Hope I'm not steering anyone the wrong way with Rotel; just make sure you count the tomatoes as your veggies and plan accordingly.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:33 AM   #187  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default Bok Choy!

A simple preparation is to cut the bok choy in half lengthwise, soak it in a bowl of water for 15 minutes. Rinse carefully, especially at the base of the stalk. Place cut side down in a skillet with simmering salted water for 4 minutes or til tender. remove and season with salt and a little olive oil.

Another method is to heat a bit of oil in a skillet or wok using medium heat. add a tablespoon of fresh minced ginger to the pan and heat for about 30 seconds. Bring the heat to a med-high or high and add the bok choy. stif-fry for 1 minute. Cover and cook another 2 minutes until bok choy seems tender-crisp.

A third method is to use about a cup of chicken broth in the skillet with about a tablespoon of oil (some recipes call for more or use butter, I haven't needed it). Bring it to a simmer add the cut up bok choy or whole leaves if the pan is large enough and simmer again til tender(about 5 min). Remove the bok choy to a plate and keep warm. Then take the broth in the pan and add about a tablespoon of fresh garlic, 2 tsp of fresh ginger, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon soy sauce and some red chili (if you like it spicy). bring the mixture to a boil and reduce it to around 1/4 to 1/2 cup of liquid. Then spoon the sauce over the bok choy.

You can also cut up shiitake mushroom and/or red onion to the bok choy as it sautees.

I have used lemon instead of soy or a mixture of lemon and less soy. It is all quite good.

An alternate way to cut the bok choy is described in this recipe. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds good!

Braised Baby Bok Choy
INGREDIENTS
2 pounds baby bok choy or mature bok choy
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chopped red onion
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon white pepper
2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar (available in the Asian section of your grocery store, or from specialty Asian markets) NAKANO makes a natural one that is zero anything and can be used on plan

1. Trim the base of the bok choy, then chop off the leaves. Cut the base in half lengthwise, then cut the halves crosswise on a diagonal into 1/4-inch-thick strips. Cut the leaves crosswise on a diagonal into 1 1/2-inch-wide strips.

2. Place a large wok or a pot large enough to hold all the bok choy over medium heat. When it is hot, add the olive oil and rotate the wok or pot a bit to coat it evenly. When the oil is hot, add the onion and stir-fry until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the bok choy and season with the salt and pepper. Cover and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
Stir in the vinegar and serve hot.

Serves 4 to 6.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 207/194/125

Height: 5'4

I have a craving for chips. I remember seeing a post of how to make zuchini chips, but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know the recipe? If so, could you post it. Thanks!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:49 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabby Lou View Post
I have a craving for chips. I remember seeing a post of how to make zuchini chips, but can't seem to find it. Does anyone know the recipe? If so, could you post it. Thanks!
This is what I do.

slice the zucchini in food processor.

I use EVOO in a ziplock bag add zucchini coat zucchini with oil. Lay zucchini in a single layer on parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 until lightly brown, turn once.

They are yummy.
Old 10-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #190  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyvrod View Post
This is what I do.

slice the zucchini in food processor.

I use EVOO in a ziplock bag add zucchini coat zucchini with oil. Lay zucchini in a single layer on parchment paper over a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 350 until lightly brown, turn once.

They are yummy.
What is EVOO?
Old 10-22-2010, 08:13 PM   #191  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle7 View Post
What is EVOO?
Just in case someone isn't a Rachel Ray watcher, EVOO is her acronym for Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Old 10-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #192  

S/C/G: Start: 189/183/176/Goal:135

Height: 5'4"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
This is (imho) even better than the cauliflower mashed potatoes. I think it's even better than real mashed potatoes!

2 large celery roots (aka "celeriac"), about softball size
salt
1/8c to 1/4 c EVOO
a dash of white pepper

Peel the celery roots: use a knife, not a veggie peeler. These things are tough!
Cut into small chunks, about 2" square
Boil salted water and add the root
simmer until soft, about 30 minutes
Drain and put into a food processor
Add the EVOO and white pepper and process until smooth and creamy. May need a dash more of salt.

Holy root veggies, batman, this is to die for!
Love celery root puree....you can also add chix broth instead of EVOO....tonight I added cauliflower and broccoli to it! Yummers!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #193  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default Roasted Celery Root

This is way better than roasted potatoes or french fries trust me!

2 celery roots aka celeriac (about softball size)
peel with a knife
cut into 1/2" slices or 1" cubes
toss in EVOO

preheat oven to 350 with the baking pan in the oven

spread the celeriac on the hot baking pan. Roast for about 20 minutes, stir once. Once they are soft to the fork, give them about 2 minutes under the broiler. Remove from oven and sprinkle liberally with chunky sea salt.

(could probably try these with some rosemary too)
Old 10-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #194  

I misplaced my nutritional chart of all the Ideal Protein packets -- the one showing calories, fats, sodium, etc. -- and I can't seem to find the site from which I downloaded it. Can anyone help me find it again?

I started my Ideal Protein diet in April 2010 and have lost 85# in 6 months. I NEVER feel hungry, and I feel GREAT.
Paula
Old 10-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #195  
Soon to be 1 hot chic!

S/C/G: 206/177/135

Height: 5'0"

Thumbs up Chicken Bok Choy

Mix in a baggie:

2 TBS garlic powder
1 TBS cayanne
1 TBS sazon or Adobo

Cut up 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
Cut up 14 stalks of baby bok choy ( I like alot)
Cut up 2 pkgs of small portobella mushrooms

Coat chicken pieces very well with seasoning blend
Heat a heavy stock pot on high for 2 minutes
Pour 2 packets of truvia in hot pot melt for 15 sec
Add chicken, cover and turn temp down to med low - do not stir
after 15 minutes add mushroom and bok choy - stir well
cover for 5 minutes

then eat!

YUMMY!

Last edited by karries; 10-27-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Closed Thread