Alcohol 0g
Vitamin A 0 % Vitamin C 0 %
Calcium 0 % Iron 0 %
Vitamin D 0 % Vitamin E 0 %
Thiamin 0 % Riboflavin 0 %
Vitamin B-6 0 % Vitamin B-12 0 %
Phosphorus 0 % Magnesium 0 %
Zinc 0 % Copper 0 %

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
WatKat thank you so very much for taking the time and effort to list this out for me. I've been so unsure and feeling guilty when having this little pleasure at night. I squeeze a little lime juice into the seltzer and it is delightful. I'm also aware that carbs at .03 is for 1oz... multiply that by 8oz and that number becomes .24. Still not bad but not 0. Smile.

I'm not sure about the extracts for the drink recipes but my research shows that they are probably OK but I'm thinking should be limited.

Thanks again for your help.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:01 PM   #497  

S/C/G: 169.8/135/135

Height: 5'-2" - 41 years old - 2015 Reboot: 165.4/136.0/135

Recipe for Pudding Cookies and S'Mores

And idea to have your own s'mores:

So in experimenting, I made pudding cookies instead of the cakes.

Prep is following the pudding cake recipe with some changes:

oven at 375

1 egg white (I think I used slightly more because I have a carton and used 4tbsp and it says 3tbsp is one egg white)
2 oz water
fold in pudding packet

on cookie sheet (with wax paper or with pam) spoon (I used a tbsp measure) mixture onto sheet and spread in a flat circle (if you just mound it you will get little puffs)

cook at 350 for 20 to 30 min
half way through, flip the 'cookies' over and squish down with a spatula (they will puff up during cooking)

They are crispy first out of the oven, but get chewy over time. They keep well tho.

You could make a few of these ahead of time. Bring them in a baggy and when at camping reheat/recrisp by the fire.

Add a touch of WF Marshmallow and WF chocolate and sandwich.

Not a perfect s'more, but close.

Hmmm... this makes me want to try it now.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:55 PM   #498  
I know I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
To those of you who are missing alcool, and a drink or two, I've done something great when everyone around me is partying and I can't have a drink.
Sprinkle splenda to taste
3-4 leafs of fresh mint
1 splash of Mint Extract
3 splash of Rhum Extract
Lemon juice

Mix all this together with ice. This really taste like a mojito!

2 splash of banana extract
1 splash of coconut extract
1 splash of rhum extract
2-3 lemon slice
1 cup Perrier
1 cup tap water (well you can only put Perrier if you want)

Mix all this together with crushed ice, add splenda if you want, and it taste like Bahamas!!
___

All those extract are in the cake section of the grocery store. Mine are from club house I don't think they have some calories or carbs.. The ingredients are water, propylene glycol, alcohol and artificial flavour. I think that it's allright.. anyway, it's better than cheating!!
These sound perfect! I will be trying these! Thank you!
Old 07-09-2011, 04:05 PM   #499  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

For those fixing the "Fake Drinks" please check your extracts to make sure that they don't contain some kind of sugar.

Also, when doctoring up your puddings and shakes with vanilla be aware that McCormick Vanilla contains corn syrup! YIKES... That would be a sad way to get out of ketosis. Wilton's Clear Vanilla does not and can be found in major cake decorating depts of craft stores like AC Moore.
Old 07-09-2011, 05:12 PM   #500  

S/C/G: 247/189/145

Height: 5'2"

Today I made chocolate pudding cakes with a little cinnamon and coconut extract with one splenda. I only used one egg white. They came out just fine - shiny on the outside and a little chewy on the inside, so not quite cake-like, but a really nice change. Since I do not like the taste of the puddings, I appreciate an alternative. I used a nonstick mini-muffin pan.

I also made a good cucumber salad today, that reminded me of potato salad!

Cut a large/medium cucumber and about half of a bell pepper into chunks, enough for your 2 cups of vegetables. Dice a small amount of raw onion. (I used vidalia onion)

For the "dressing" I used a teaspoon of edamame hummus, very low in calories, maybe 1 carb and no sugar. A small squeeze of dijon mustard and about a cap of apple cider vinegar. A little sea salt, and mix all together. Really yummy! Next time, I may also add a little onion powder.

Last edited by katiebeth7; 07-09-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:12 PM   #501  

[quote=Beachbella;3780481]Just wanted to move this over to the recipe thread for easy finding...I have no idea who was the original poster...

Apple zucchini

I think it would taste great with the apple cinnamon puffs crunched up like an apple crisp when you bake it...

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. These are seasoned with cinnamon or apple pie spice and a bit of allowed sweetener. Microwave in a small glass dish with a lid for a few minutes for a "baked apple" dessert.

This is from my online coach... I made it and OH MY WOW!

OK here is a recipe that will be sure to be your favorite if it's for dessert or your veggies for the day. Take 4 zucchini and peel them so they have that fleshy apple color to them, then cut them length wise and slice like apples. I sprinkled with a little sea salt and lemon juice then put them in an 8X8 glass dish. Then spoon in several spoonfuls of Walden Farms Apple Butter make sure you mix and coat completely. Sprinkle with Allspice then put in oven for 30 mins on 350 degrees or until desired tenderness is achieved. When taken out sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy! You might want to let it sit a bit to let the juices thicken. It is even better the following day.

Or, the same ingredients can be simmered in a saucepan with a little water on the stove top until it is cooked down to "apple butter" and can used as a spread on crepes or topping on vanilla pudding.
Old 07-09-2011, 06:15 PM   #502  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbella View Post
Just wanted to move this over to the recipe thread for easy finding...I have no idea who was the original poster...

Apple zucchini

I think it would taste great with the apple cinnamon puffs crunched up like an apple crisp when you bake it...

Large zucchini can be peeled, then sliced lengthwise and seeded. Now slice crosswise to make pieces that look like apple slices. These are seasoned with cinnamon or apple pie spice and a bit of allowed sweetener. Microwave in a small glass dish with a lid for a few minutes for a "baked apple" dessert.

Or, the same ingredients can be simmered in a saucepan with a little water on the stove top until it is cooked down to "apple butter" and can used as a spread on crepes or topping on vanilla pudding.

The following recipe is from my online coach... I tried it and OH MY WOW!

OK, here is a recipe that will be sure to be your favorite if it's for dessert or your veggies for the day. Take 4 zucchini and peel them so they have that fleshy apple color to them, then cut them length wise and slice like apples. I sprinkled with a little sea salt and lemon juice then put them in an 8X8 glass dish. Then spoon in several spoonfuls of Walden Farms Apple Butter make sure you mix and coat completely. Sprinkle with Allspice then put in oven for 30 mins on 350 degrees or until desired tenderness is achieved. When taken out sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy! You might want to let it sit a bit to let the juices thicken. It is even better the following day.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #503  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

10 oz.coffee chilled overnight, blend w/1packet chocolate drink add Ice and drink very yummy!
Old 07-10-2011, 08:19 AM   #504  

S/C/G: 135.6/127/120

Height: 5'4"

this is my favorite drink of all I call it Strawberry Colada: 1packet strawberry pudding w/10oz h2o, 1 packet Pina colada drink w/ 10oz. h2o blend together then seperate into 2 mason jars for 2 delicious drinks. I like to make all my drinks ahead then chill then they are ready and cold to drink when I need them.

my 2nd favorite is as follows 1 packet Orange Drink 10oz. h2o, 1 packet Vanilla pudding 10 oz. h2o mix together then seperate into 2 mason jars chill and drink.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:20 AM   #505  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Time for a new thread as this one is past 500.
Closed Thread