Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Mock Turkey Pot pie (flavor)

Just made the best soup using IP Mushroom soup. It was so filling and I felt like I was eating the inside of a turkey pot pie.

I had a holiday party last week and there was a ton of turkey leftover so we made 6 turkey stock baggies 2 cups each.

Mock Turkey pot pie recipe
Sautee 1/4 cup white onions and 1/2 cup green bell peppers
add 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
mix IP Mushroom soup in 1-2 cup turkey stock cold (1 for super creamy and 2 for a nice soup flavor- I used 2 cups and I'm stuffed)
add to sauteed veggies and heat.
Chop 1/2 cup spinach and add last.
I added about 2 oz. of chopped turkey for some real turkey pot pie feel.

Yummy it just warmed me up.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:23 AM   #242  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
Just made the best soup using IP Mushroom soup. It was so filling and I felt like I was eating the inside of a turkey pot pie.

I had a holiday party last week and there was a ton of turkey leftover so we made 6 turkey stock baggies 2 cups each.

Mock Turkey pot pie recipe
Sautee 1/4 cup white onions and 1/2 cup green bell peppers
add 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
mix IP Mushroom soup in 1-2 cup turkey stock cold (1 for super creamy and 2 for a nice soup flavor- I used 2 cups and I'm stuffed)
add to sauteed veggies and heat.
Chop 1/2 cup spinach and add last.
I added about 2 oz. of chopped turkey for some real turkey pot pie feel.

Yummy it just warmed me up.
holy moly, this is a GREAT IDEA!
last weekend I think I perfected (for me) faux mashed potatoes, which would make the perfect topping!

3 baseball sized celery roots (celriac)
about the same amount of cauliflower: somewhere from 1/2 to a full head, depending on size.
you want the celery root and cauliflower to about a 1:1 ratio

peel the celery root and cut into 1.5" inch cubes. Microwave (no water added, but cover) for 6-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times midway. Get them to the softness you would expect for a potato if you were boiling it to make it mashed.

cut cauliflower into 1.5" chunks and microwave (don't add water, but cover) for 5-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times and test with a fork until they feel like a potato about to mash.

mix the celery root and cauliflower 50/50 in a food processor with a splash of olive oil and process it until it is the texture of mashed potatoes. Add some salt and white pepper.

I think you could use this to top the pot pie mixture and be really, really happy!! I will be, anyway!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:31 PM   #243  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
last weekend I think I perfected (for me) faux mashed potatoes, which would make the perfect topping!

about the same amount of cauliflower: somewhere from 1/2 to a full head, depending on size.

peel the celery root and cut into 1.5" inch cubes. Microwave (no water added, but cover) for 6-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times midway. Get them to the softness you would expect for a potato if you were boiling it to make it mashed.

cut cauliflower into 1.5" chunks and microwave (don't add water, but cover) for 5-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times and test with a fork until they feel like a potato about to mash.

mix the celery root and cauliflower 50/50 in a food processor with a splash of olive oil and process it until it is the texture of mashed potatoes. Add some salt and white pepper.

I think you could use this to top the pot pie mixture and be really, really happy!! I will be, anyway!
This is perfect! I havent' tried celery root root but was thinking what would be even better if there was some kind of crust or topping to go with it.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:39 PM   #244  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default bowl of cheesecake

Making this on xmas day!!!
Im pretty sure it wont mess with ketosis b/c the carb count is super low and NO SUGAR!!!!!!

melt some WF raspberry jam to drizzle over top of it!!! YUMMMMMM!~

Ingredients
2 oz 1/3 less fat Philly cream cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 pkts Splenda

Directions
soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds or less, stir in sour cream and sweetener, enjoy warm or chill.
Stir in IP friendly flavorings as desired.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 165.7
Total Fat: 14.5 g
Cholesterol: 45.3 mg
Sodium: 246.4 mg
Total Carbs: 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #245  

Default Key Lime Creamy Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Making this on xmas day!!!
Im pretty sure it wont mess with ketosis b/c the carb count is super low and NO SUGAR!!!!!!

melt some WF raspberry jam to drizzle over top of it!!! YUMMMMMM!~

Ingredients
2 oz 1/3 less fat Philly cream cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 pkts Splenda

Directions
soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds or less, stir in sour cream and sweetener, enjoy warm or chill.
Stir in IP friendly flavorings as desired.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 165.7
Total Fat: 14.5 g
Cholesterol: 45.3 mg
Sodium: 246.4 mg
Total Carbs: 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Here is another good one for Xmas as a special treat and not every day.
I made it for my Holiday Party

Ingredients:
Boil 2 cups hot water and dilute
1 package Key lime SF Jello (You could also make your own so it's asparatme free. I'm just not that talented! There are tons of Jello recipes on the board or IP Jello but I've never bought the IP one so I don't know consistency.)

Mix 1 1/4 cup of cold water with a container of Lowfat Ricotta cream until smooth.
Add a packet of splenda or stevia.
Mix hot water/jello mixture with ricotta mixture.
Pour equal servings into a cupcake pan and immediately put in fridge.
My recipe made 12 perfectly portioned settings.

Nutrition info on Lowfat Ricotta: 62 gram container has 7 servings.
Each serving has 3 grams fat and 3 grams carbs.

Once you have them in the 12 portions it's around 1.6 grams of carbs and fat per setting.
Add 1 tablespoon of whip cream and a dash of nutmeg and a nice treat for about 2.6 grams
Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #246  
Started IP 11/16/2010

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You can definitely make veggie chips without a dehydrator. You can actually turn your oven into a dehydrator by running it on a low heat (200 ish) for an hour or two. Just keep an eye on it!

Now, mashed cauliflower... I prefer mine with garlic because it helps cover the cauliflower taste more...

Jessica's roasted garlic mashed fauxtatoes

1 16 oz. bag frozen cauliflower florets
5-7 lg. cloves of garlic, peeled & cut in half (the flavor mellows when roasted)
1 Tbs. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Fold a piece of foil in thirds. Place garlic and olive oil in foil and fold to form a packet. Place garlic packet in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.

In a saucepan, boil enough water to submerge the cauliflower (about half full or so). Add frozen cauliflower and boil till tender (6-8 minutes). You could also steam the cauliflower to retain more nutrients. Drain cauliflower well and place in a bowl - turn your burner down to medium, but don't turn off. In bowl, add the contents of the garlic packet to the cauliflower. Using an immersion stick blender, puree mixture until smooth. Put the fauxtatoes back in the pot and put back on the heat for about 5 minutes to help the extra moisture to boil off (this is to get it "drier" or more the texture of mashed potatoes). Add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Sometimes when I make this (on the days when I don't have any milk in my coffee), I add some reduced fat feta after I return the mixture to the heat. It makes it creamier and adds a little saltiness from the feta. Feta is NOT part of the program, so this is a personal decision.

When I have these for my vegetable, I only eat 1 cup and count it as my two cups of veggies (because I figure that 2 cups of cauliflower mashed down will equal about 1 cup). Also, the stick blender really is the key to making these "potato-y". It gets them really smooth. You could try them in a regular blender or a food processor, but mashing them by hand just isn't going to get them there.
YAY! Thank you!!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #247  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
This is perfect! I havent' tried celery root root but was thinking what would be even better if there was some kind of crust or topping to go with it.
I love the celery root. but it is a root veggie like carrots, turnips and the like
so it has quite a bit of carbs. FYI
1 cup has:
Carbs 12g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 8g
Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 PM   #248  
4me

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up Egg Nog Pudding

You may want to try this. I made the vanilla pudding and added just a couple drops -- it's concentrated! -- egg nog extract (bought it from Kingarthurflour.com last year for baking). Sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon....oh....sinful!

I imagine you could do the same thing with the vanilla drink. I think the vanilla drink comes only in ready to eat and not a mix....not sure.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:08 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Similar eggnog idea!

I used a vanilla pudding packet, mixed with 8 oz water, and added about 4 squirts of DV eggnog syrup, shook it up, then sprinkled with nutmeg. Nummy!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:28 PM   #250  

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

I just wanted to share this tip. I have started freezing the left over juice from cooking fish and chicken. I usually just add soy sauce for moisture along with mushrooms, celery, zuc... or whatever vegetable I'm having. When I serve it there is usually about 1/4 cup I don't use.. so I freeze it in an ice container and bag the cubes when they're frozen. Just put with your veg. when there is otherwise no liquid for cooking.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:04 PM   #251  
4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
I used a vanilla pudding packet, mixed with 8 oz water, and added about 4 squirts of DV eggnog syrup, shook it up, then sprinkled with nutmeg. Nummy!
Sounds Yummy,too!
Old 12-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #252  
4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post

This sounds good...maybe a bit of tiny veggie cheese on top. I think it would brown.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:03 PM   #253  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

New salad dressing about 10 calories and 1 gram of fat off protocol

1 tsp of evoo
2 tsp of vinegar
1/3 packet of stevia
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/4 tsp of Mrs. Dash tomato, basil and garlic
1/8 ounce of feta crumbled up

yummy
Old 12-27-2010, 09:35 PM   #254  

Does anyone have the maple oatmeal cookie recipe. Thanks!
Old 12-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #255  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

This is one of the favorite things I make for dinner can you say yum yum yum <3 Hope others enjoy it as much as I do!

Chilli
- Lean ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 med. Onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp stevia or sweet-n-low
- ½ tsp Sea salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp paprika

1. Scramble the ground beef, onion and celery in a pot on medium until beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
2. Add the remaining 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Place the lid on the pot and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring several times.

This dish makes 5 ¾ cups.
Closed Thread