Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 - Page 17 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 11:25 PM   #241  
Member
 
kcjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Mock Turkey Pot pie (flavor)

Just made the best soup using IP Mushroom soup. It was so filling and I felt like I was eating the inside of a turkey pot pie.

I had a holiday party last week and there was a ton of turkey leftover so we made 6 turkey stock baggies 2 cups each.

Mock Turkey pot pie recipe
Sautee 1/4 cup white onions and 1/2 cup green bell peppers
add 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
mix IP Mushroom soup in 1-2 cup turkey stock cold (1 for super creamy and 2 for a nice soup flavor- I used 2 cups and I'm stuffed)
add to sauteed veggies and heat.
Chop 1/2 cup spinach and add last.
I added about 2 oz. of chopped turkey for some real turkey pot pie feel.

Yummy it just warmed me up.
kcjohn is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:23 AM   #242  
Getting it Done!
 
Rocky Monarch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 360

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
Just made the best soup using IP Mushroom soup. It was so filling and I felt like I was eating the inside of a turkey pot pie.

I had a holiday party last week and there was a ton of turkey leftover so we made 6 turkey stock baggies 2 cups each.

Mock Turkey pot pie recipe
Sautee 1/4 cup white onions and 1/2 cup green bell peppers
add 2/3 cup chopped mushrooms
add 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
mix IP Mushroom soup in 1-2 cup turkey stock cold (1 for super creamy and 2 for a nice soup flavor- I used 2 cups and I'm stuffed)
add to sauteed veggies and heat.
Chop 1/2 cup spinach and add last.
I added about 2 oz. of chopped turkey for some real turkey pot pie feel.

Yummy it just warmed me up.
holy moly, this is a GREAT IDEA!
last weekend I think I perfected (for me) faux mashed potatoes, which would make the perfect topping!

3 baseball sized celery roots (celriac)
about the same amount of cauliflower: somewhere from 1/2 to a full head, depending on size.
you want the celery root and cauliflower to about a 1:1 ratio

peel the celery root and cut into 1.5" inch cubes. Microwave (no water added, but cover) for 6-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times midway. Get them to the softness you would expect for a potato if you were boiling it to make it mashed.

cut cauliflower into 1.5" chunks and microwave (don't add water, but cover) for 5-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times and test with a fork until they feel like a potato about to mash.

mix the celery root and cauliflower 50/50 in a food processor with a splash of olive oil and process it until it is the texture of mashed potatoes. Add some salt and white pepper.

I think you could use this to top the pot pie mixture and be really, really happy!! I will be, anyway!
Rocky Monarch is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #243  
Member
 
kcjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
holy moly, this is a GREAT IDEA!
last weekend I think I perfected (for me) faux mashed potatoes, which would make the perfect topping!

3 baseball sized celery roots (celriac)
about the same amount of cauliflower: somewhere from 1/2 to a full head, depending on size.
you want the celery root and cauliflower to about a 1:1 ratio

peel the celery root and cut into 1.5" inch cubes. Microwave (no water added, but cover) for 6-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times midway. Get them to the softness you would expect for a potato if you were boiling it to make it mashed.

cut cauliflower into 1.5" chunks and microwave (don't add water, but cover) for 5-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times and test with a fork until they feel like a potato about to mash.

mix the celery root and cauliflower 50/50 in a food processor with a splash of olive oil and process it until it is the texture of mashed potatoes. Add some salt and white pepper.

I think you could use this to top the pot pie mixture and be really, really happy!! I will be, anyway!
This is perfect! I havent' tried celery root root but was thinking what would be even better if there was some kind of crust or topping to go with it.
kcjohn is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 01:39 PM   #244  
started IP 11/21/2010
 
jules26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 103

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

Default bowl of cheesecake

Making this on xmas day!!!
Im pretty sure it wont mess with ketosis b/c the carb count is super low and NO SUGAR!!!!!!

melt some WF raspberry jam to drizzle over top of it!!! YUMMMMMM!~

Ingredients
2 oz 1/3 less fat Philly cream cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 pkts Splenda

Directions
soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds or less, stir in sour cream and sweetener, enjoy warm or chill.
Stir in IP friendly flavorings as desired.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 165.7
Total Fat: 14.5 g
Cholesterol: 45.3 mg
Sodium: 246.4 mg
Total Carbs: 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 4.4 g
jules26 is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 02:56 PM   #245  
Member
 
kcjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 80

S/C/G: 187/168.6/145

Height: 5' 6"

Default Key Lime Creamy Jello

Quote:
Originally Posted by jules26 View Post
Making this on xmas day!!!
Im pretty sure it wont mess with ketosis b/c the carb count is super low and NO SUGAR!!!!!!

melt some WF raspberry jam to drizzle over top of it!!! YUMMMMMM!~

Ingredients
2 oz 1/3 less fat Philly cream cheese
1 tbsp sour cream
2 pkts Splenda

Directions
soften cream cheese in microwave for 30 seconds or less, stir in sour cream and sweetener, enjoy warm or chill.
Stir in IP friendly flavorings as desired.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 165.7
Total Fat: 14.5 g
Cholesterol: 45.3 mg
Sodium: 246.4 mg
Total Carbs: 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber: 0.0 g
Protein: 4.4 g
Here is another good one for Xmas as a special treat and not every day.
I made it for my Holiday Party

Ingredients:
Boil 2 cups hot water and dilute
1 package Key lime SF Jello (You could also make your own so it's asparatme free. I'm just not that talented! There are tons of Jello recipes on the board or IP Jello but I've never bought the IP one so I don't know consistency.)

Mix 1 1/4 cup of cold water with a container of Lowfat Ricotta cream until smooth.
Add a packet of splenda or stevia.
Mix hot water/jello mixture with ricotta mixture.
Pour equal servings into a cupcake pan and immediately put in fridge.
My recipe made 12 perfectly portioned settings.

Nutrition info on Lowfat Ricotta: 62 gram container has 7 servings.
Each serving has 3 grams fat and 3 grams carbs.

Once you have them in the 12 portions it's around 1.6 grams of carbs and fat per setting.
Add 1 tablespoon of whip cream and a dash of nutmeg and a nice treat for about 2.6 grams
kcjohn is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #246  
Started IP 11/16/2010
 
Phatlocalgirlnomore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Beautiful island of Maui
Posts: 30

S/C/G: 223/181/125

Height: 5'2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
You can definitely make veggie chips without a dehydrator. You can actually turn your oven into a dehydrator by running it on a low heat (200 ish) for an hour or two. Just keep an eye on it!

Now, mashed cauliflower... I prefer mine with garlic because it helps cover the cauliflower taste more...

Jessica's roasted garlic mashed fauxtatoes

1 16 oz. bag frozen cauliflower florets
5-7 lg. cloves of garlic, peeled & cut in half (the flavor mellows when roasted)
1 Tbs. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Fold a piece of foil in thirds. Place garlic and olive oil in foil and fold to form a packet. Place garlic packet in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.

In a saucepan, boil enough water to submerge the cauliflower (about half full or so). Add frozen cauliflower and boil till tender (6-8 minutes). You could also steam the cauliflower to retain more nutrients. Drain cauliflower well and place in a bowl - turn your burner down to medium, but don't turn off. In bowl, add the contents of the garlic packet to the cauliflower. Using an immersion stick blender, puree mixture until smooth. Put the fauxtatoes back in the pot and put back on the heat for about 5 minutes to help the extra moisture to boil off (this is to get it "drier" or more the texture of mashed potatoes). Add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Sometimes when I make this (on the days when I don't have any milk in my coffee), I add some reduced fat feta after I return the mixture to the heat. It makes it creamier and adds a little saltiness from the feta. Feta is NOT part of the program, so this is a personal decision.

When I have these for my vegetable, I only eat 1 cup and count it as my two cups of veggies (because I figure that 2 cups of cauliflower mashed down will equal about 1 cup). Also, the stick blender really is the key to making these "potato-y". It gets them really smooth. You could try them in a regular blender or a food processor, but mashing them by hand just isn't going to get them there.
YAY! Thank you!!
Phatlocalgirlnomore is offline  
Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 PM   #247  
Senior Member
 
ladyvrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bonney Lake,WA
Posts: 442

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcjohn View Post
This is perfect! I havent' tried celery root root but was thinking what would be even better if there was some kind of crust or topping to go with it.
I love the celery root. but it is a root veggie like carrots, turnips and the like
so it has quite a bit of carbs. FYI
1 cup has:
Carbs 12g
Fiber 2g
Sugar 8g
ladyvrod is offline  
Old 12-16-2010, 08:50 PM   #248  
4me
 
wendyiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Thumbs up Egg Nog Pudding

You may want to try this. I made the vanilla pudding and added just a couple drops -- it's concentrated! -- egg nog extract (bought it from Kingarthurflour.com last year for baking). Sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon....oh....sinful!

I imagine you could do the same thing with the vanilla drink. I think the vanilla drink comes only in ready to eat and not a mix....not sure.
wendyiris is offline  
Old 12-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #249  
Senior Member
 
Traveling Stitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 154

S/C/G: 183/141/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Similar eggnog idea!

I used a vanilla pudding packet, mixed with 8 oz water, and added about 4 squirts of DV eggnog syrup, shook it up, then sprinkled with nutmeg. Nummy!
Traveling Stitcher is offline  
Old 12-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #250  
Member
 
Lightweight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 36

S/C/G: 171.5/145/140

Height: 5'7"

Default

I just wanted to share this tip. I have started freezing the left over juice from cooking fish and chicken. I usually just add soy sauce for moisture along with mushrooms, celery, zuc... or whatever vegetable I'm having. When I serve it there is usually about 1/4 cup I don't use.. so I freeze it in an ice container and bag the cubes when they're frozen. Just put with your veg. when there is otherwise no liquid for cooking.
Lightweight is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #251  
4me
 
wendyiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling Stitcher View Post
I used a vanilla pudding packet, mixed with 8 oz water, and added about 4 squirts of DV eggnog syrup, shook it up, then sprinkled with nutmeg. Nummy!
Sounds Yummy,too!
wendyiris is offline  
Old 12-19-2010, 09:08 PM   #252  
4me
 
wendyiris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 53

S/C/G: 270/245/160

Height: 5' 9"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
holy moly, this is a GREAT IDEA!
last weekend I think I perfected (for me) faux mashed potatoes, which would make the perfect topping!

3 baseball sized celery roots (celriac)
about the same amount of cauliflower: somewhere from 1/2 to a full head, depending on size.
you want the celery root and cauliflower to about a 1:1 ratio

peel the celery root and cut into 1.5" inch cubes. Microwave (no water added, but cover) for 6-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times midway. Get them to the softness you would expect for a potato if you were boiling it to make it mashed.

cut cauliflower into 1.5" chunks and microwave (don't add water, but cover) for 5-7 minutes, stir 1-2 times and test with a fork until they feel like a potato about to mash.

mix the celery root and cauliflower 50/50 in a food processor with a splash of olive oil and process it until it is the texture of mashed potatoes. Add some salt and white pepper.

I think you could use this to top the pot pie mixture and be really, really happy!! I will be, anyway!

This sounds good...maybe a bit of tiny veggie cheese on top. I think it would brown.
wendyiris is offline  
Old 12-21-2010, 01:03 PM   #253  
maintenance since 2/16/11
 
darbs7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,612

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Default

New salad dressing about 10 calories and 1 gram of fat off protocol

1 tsp of evoo
2 tsp of vinegar
1/3 packet of stevia
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/4 tsp of Mrs. Dash tomato, basil and garlic
1/8 ounce of feta crumbled up

yummy
darbs7 is offline  
Old 12-27-2010, 10:35 PM   #254  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8

Default

Does anyone have the maple oatmeal cookie recipe. Thanks!
beckyinoklahoma is offline  
Old 12-28-2010, 02:01 PM   #255  
Taking it day by day =))
 
AvaLynn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alberta
Posts: 108

Height: 5'6

Default

This is one of the favorite things I make for dinner can you say yum yum yum <3 Hope others enjoy it as much as I do!

Chilli
- Lean ground beef or ground chicken
- 1 med. Onion chopped
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp stevia or sweet-n-low
- tsp Sea salt & Pepper
- 1 tsp paprika

1. Scramble the ground beef, onion and celery in a pot on medium until beef is no longer pink and the vegetables are tender-crisp.
2. Add the remaining 7 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Place the lid on the pot and simmer on low for 30 minutes, stirring several times.

This dish makes 5 cups.
AvaLynn is offline  
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ideal Protein Diet - Recipes Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 535 03-04-2010 10:02 AM
Ideal Protein Diet Chat - December 09 / January 2010 Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 786 01-22-2010 06:16 PM
Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat - November 2009 torchlaker Ideal Protein Diet 587 12-01-2009 01:43 PM
Ideal Protein Diet - Monthly Chat, October 2009 Leenie Ideal Protein Diet 299 11-01-2009 09:38 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.