3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/195511-ideal-protein-weekly-chat-feb-29-march-7-2010-a.html)

libbyshims 03-05-2010 01:57 PM

Can I Get a Wha Wha??

Major victory for me today!!!

Cleaned out closet yesterday and gave away to charity 9 bags of clothes that are too big!

Had weigh in today. Am on 4th week, so I got measured too and (drum roll pls.......)

I am down 14 pounds and 11 inches!!!!

I feel so amazing! It is crazy the differences from one week to the next. So excited --- this was just the motivation I needed to keep me away from the loaf of bread, tub of butter and bottle of wine!!!:carrot:

jen1125 03-05-2010 01:58 PM

I've seen some posts where some of you are using soy sauce in your recipes? My coach said anything we use has to have 0 cal, carb, fat, sugar. So how is soy sauce allowed, are you getting a special brand that has 0 calories?

Also, was wondering if any of you have some suggestions, I'm a very picky eater and hate most veggies. I've been living off of green peppers and cucumbers completely. I decided to try bean sprouts and make sort of a stir-fry tonight for dinner with those and sirloin. I really need something different. Do you have any suggestions as to what spices I can add to this for flavor?

RJC 03-05-2010 01:59 PM

Week 5 weigh in and down 4 pounds!

WOW.

So my guess to last week's 0 (lots of stress at work, little exercise, etc) is that I was retaining a bit of water maybe?

Bought 2 more weeks worth of the food.

Anyways:

Week 1 - 3
Week 2 - 3
Week 3 - 2
Week 4 - 0
Week 5 - 4

BlueMermaid 03-05-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 (Post 3186090)
Thanks Birman for the carrot information, I was also picking them out of my bagged salads.

Anyone ever feel dizzy/light headed? I was terribly dizzy when I got up this morning and more thirsty than normal. I drank 96 oz. of water between 6 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Thoughts?

I also get dizzy/light headed. I think you did the right thing drinking some water, you may have wanted to also eat some salt. I find that helps when I get the head rushes. Do you have any issues with your blood pressure? If you take medication you may need to talk to your doctor about reducing it.

BevS 03-05-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen1125 (Post 3186400)
I've seen some posts where some of you are using soy sauce in your recipes? My coach said anything we use has to have 0 cal, carb, fat, sugar. So how is soy sauce allowed, are you getting a special brand that has 0 calories?

The Kikkoman soy sauce I use has 10 calories in 1 Tablespoon, but it has 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 0 sugars for that amount. With as few calories as we are taking in daily, I'm not worried about 10 extra calories.

jordanna 03-05-2010 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jen1125 (Post 3186400)

Also, was wondering if any of you have some suggestions, I'm a very picky eater and hate most veggies. I've been living off of green peppers and cucumbers completely. I decided to try bean sprouts and make sort of a stir-fry tonight for dinner with those and sirloin. I really need something different. Do you have any suggestions as to what spices I can add to this for flavor?

My phase 1 protocol sheet says that soy sauce as a seasoning is allowed

dad 03-05-2010 03:00 PM

The signature option became available to me today so I'm trying it on.

Hang in there everyone!

Justice 03-05-2010 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3186399)

Cleaned out closet yesterday and gave away to charity 9 bags of clothes that are too big!

Had weigh in today. Am on 4th week, so I got measured too and (drum roll pls.......)

I feel so amazing! It is crazy the differences from one week to the next. So excited --- this was just the motivation I needed to keep me away from the loaf of bread, tub of butter and bottle of wine!!!:carrot:

That is AMAZING! I was just about to talk myself into falling off the wagon onto a cupcake until I read that. 11 inches................That is miraculous, congrats!

jordanna 03-05-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3186399)

Fantastic Libbyshims!! Well done :)

Hockey Mom23 03-05-2010 03:23 PM

Whoa, I just read in Dr. Tran's book that this diet is meant to be followed for 2-4 weeks? Seriously that's it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

And can I just say CONGRATS to Dad?! Your progress and stats are inspiring!

Birman 03-05-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dad (Post 3186530)
The signature option became available to me today so I'm trying it on.

What? You got the signature option with only 7 posts? Darn. I did 100 too many! :o

(Just kidding.)

Congrats, Dad, on the good stats. :)

Birman 03-05-2010 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3186347)
Re: unbalanced diet and IP.

I do remember when reading Dr. Tran Tien's book getting the feeling that he means this to be a very temporary diet. I see it as a "tool" or "secret weapon" to get the pounds off fast and sending me down the road to more healthful eating.

I feel exactly the same way, my Cyber Buddy. I love this diet! I love having this "secret weapon" in my arsenal, for when I really need a jump start. It gets me on the right path quick and powerfully. Then I can branch out into something more balanced and more doable longer term.

CinnamonSparkles 03-05-2010 03:54 PM

jen1125 - Here's how I like my stir-fry veggies (below). Soy sauce is just fine as long as it doesn't have MSG. My chiropractor uses it in his veggies every night and he's lost a crazy amount - 40 pounds in 7 weeks or something? Ugh men have it so easy.

My stir-fry:
I use 2-3 cloves of garlic (I press it in my garlic press, you can chop it too), fresh ginger (chopped - optional),
some chopped green onions,
1/2 tsp of grapeseed oil (or olive),
squirt of fresh lemon juice, and
1 Tbsp of soysauce.
2 cups of veggies - your choice!
Put the oil in first, heat it up, add the garlic and all your veggies, add the soy sauce, squirt the lemon juice on it, toss in the spring onions, and stir-fry it up! I sprinkle more soy sauce on as it is cooking. Sometimes I put some water in too (1/3 cup or less) and put the lid on the pot for a minute or two. Then the veggies get kind of steamed but with the nice flavor of garlic. Also you can chop up fresh ginger and add that too- add at the beginning with the garlic. This comes out great when you use broccoli, cauliflower, green peppers, zucchini (sort of close to cucumber which you like), and I bet it would taste great with bean sprouts! Also toss some spinach in there and it tastes delicious! I like baby bok choy too - the flavor isn't that strong, maybe you would like it in the stir fry? I understand about picky veggie eaters, but I'm not one of them! A note about texture - don't stir fry it too long or your veggies get soggy and mushy.

Birman 03-05-2010 04:05 PM

I too eat a lot of stir fry. What I especially like is to add Tofu Shirataki noodles to my stir fry. This special type of noodles has low calories and very low carbs and fat, but really adds to my enjoyment of my meal. Feels like I'm eating a LOT more food, too.

BevS 03-05-2010 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 (Post 3186564)
Whoa, I just read in Dr. Tran's book that this diet is meant to be followed for 2-4 weeks? Seriously that's it? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

The rest of the sentence in Dr. Tran's book says "...and may be prolonged in some cases." I'd say those cases are probably including those of us who have gained a lot of weight but are in generally good health.