3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/195511-ideal-protein-weekly-chat-feb-29-march-7-2010-a.html)

brenda1980 03-05-2010 10:50 AM

New Member!

Quote:

Originally Posted by babs181 (Post 3185860)
Today is my first day on IP, started with my breakfast as a pineapple banana drink and vitamins, it was a little strange having a sweetener in my coffee instead of sugar, I have a little headache, but am treating this with a homeopathic remedy that always works. I've been reading through the board as I prepared to start and am so excited by everything I see here. I'm working on IdealtoGo as there are no clinics by me. If anyone else is on IdealtoGo, any tips to stay motivated without actually seeing a coach in person?

Babs- your motivation will come very soon when you see the inches dropping off of you and feel it in your clothes. We can also provide you with added support when you are feeling :( or want to share a victory :carrot: or have :?:

Welcome and just get past these first days and it will all be down hill (and down-scale!)

BevS 03-05-2010 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birman (Post 3184838)
I wouldn't worry too much terribly much about carrot slivers. Carrots have a high glycemic index, but a low glycemic load. The latter number, which takes into account the serving size, is the number that matters most. The glycemic index is a relatively new concept, and research is still being done. Several low carb diets which initially forbade carrots due to it's high glycemic index now say that a small amount of carrot is okay due to it's low glycemic load.

I agree. My coach actually told me not to worry about the carrot slivers in the bagged salad I buy for convenience. I had been picking them out before.

Hockey Mom23 03-05-2010 11:22 AM

Thanks Birman for the carrot information, I was also picking them out of my bagged salads.

Anyone ever feel dizzy/light headed? I was terribly dizzy when I got up this morning and more thirsty than normal. I drank 96 oz. of water between 6 a.m. and 7:30 a.m. Thoughts?

brenda1980 03-05-2010 11:48 AM

So, I've waited patiently for my signature and weight tracker to become available. Now they are available, and I can't figure them out. Can anyone help me figure out how to post my weight tracker from tickerfactory.com?

beyourbestinidaho 03-05-2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ritiki19 (Post 3185224)
Wow! You have all been busy posting and losing weight! I just spent the last hour or so catching up after missing a week. I weighed today and was up .8 pounds. I had skipped a lot of my salads and several servings of veggies. My coach figures this is the reason for the gain. It made me realize just how important it is to eat all your food!

I am down 30 so far, but really haven't moved down but maybe one pant size. My "fat" size 16 pants were fairly tight when I started and are now too big. I just wondered if anyone else had experienced this????? I've read so many posts where people have lost several pant sizes and about the same pounds.

I so totally understand what you are saying. I have had the same dilemma going on. I started on 1/18 and I have lost 35 pounds---my pants have gotten looser, however, I own things in smaller sizes and I am no closer in being able to wear them. Somebody said that you do not loses inches and pounds at the same time. My coach measured me this last week and I have lost twenty inches they are just all over the place and not all in the stomach and butt!!!:?:

jordanna 03-05-2010 12:56 PM

moral seems low on the boards these days...I'm thinking we need to refocus and talk about how much we've accomplished and how far we've come to boost everyone back up!

Is there any other diet we could have lost the weight we have in this short amount of time?

Have you looked at your before pictures lately to see how far you've come?

Have you thought about how much better you feel with the weight off?

Have you gone to the grocery store and walked around with the bag of potatoes you've lost, or tried to carry the sticks of butter you've dropped?

Have a great weekend everyone!!

brenda1980 03-05-2010 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3186299)
moral seems low on the boards these days...I'm thinking we need to refocus and talk about how much we've accomplished and how far we've come to boost everyone back up!

Is there any other diet we could have lost the weight we have in this short amount of time?

Have you gone to the grocery store and walked around with the bag of potatoes you've lost, or tried to carry the sticks of butter you've dropped?

Jordanna- you are right, and thank you for the boost! This is why I come here- for people like you!

fluffymama 03-05-2010 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama (Post 3185607)
ritiki19 -
I have lost 33 and I am still wearing the same pants. They are baggy in the legs and backside, but I had gained so much weight around my waist that I still can't fit into smaller pants because the waist is always too small. I also think I was wearing my jogging pants so much before I started losing, that I didn't realize how tight my jeans were.

my pants are fitting the same way! It's depressing, I know!

cicibel 03-05-2010 01:11 PM

OK ladies tonight is my weigh in and I am so excited to see if I have lost much weight. My scales says only a pound or so but I am hoping it is way off. Last week was only a pound. Do you think that when you have a bunch of small losses in a row that one morning you wake up and 10 pounds will be left in the bed and you are just suddenly skinnier? Doesn't sound like that would be likely but one can hope (and pray). Thanks for the support you all give it does make things easier knowing other people have the same issues as you.

Lilita175 03-05-2010 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cicibel (Post 3186323)
OK ladies tonight is my weigh in and I am so excited to see if I have lost much weight. My scales says only a pound or so but I am hoping it is way off. Last week was only a pound. Do you think that when you have a bunch of small losses in a row that one morning you wake up and 10 pounds will be left in the bed and you are just suddenly skinnier? Doesn't sound like that would be likely but one can hope (and pray). Thanks for the support you all give it does make things easier knowing other people have the same issues as you.

Yes, it's called the "Whoosh Fairy" when you lose a lot suddenly (but you have to be very, very good for the fairy to visit you. LOL)

Birman 03-05-2010 01:23 PM

Quote:

...moral seems low on the boards these days..
NOW FESS UP. WHO HAS BEEN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH THE MILK MAN?

:D

Lilita175 03-05-2010 01:23 PM

Re: unbalanced diet and IP.

I do remember when reading Dr. Tran Tien's book getting the feeling that he means this to be a very temporary diet. I see it as a "tool" or "secret weapon" to get the pounds off fast and sending me down the road to more healthful eating.

I have kept track of my weight and measurements for many years. My inches lost on this diet are proportionately much higher compared to when I was at the same weight before. And my pant size is one size smaller than when I was at the same wt. before which indicates that I have lost a lot of fat. Yay!

I am "top heavy" and always lose in the bottom parts first. Hang in there if you are "bottom heavy." It will show up eventually. Be sure to measure your neck size! I have lost more than an inch around my neck.

brenda1980 03-05-2010 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birman (Post 3186346)
NOW FESS UP. WHO HAS BEEN HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH THE MILK MAN?

:D

NOT ME! He was too carb heavy. I'm having my affair with a butcher. :devil:

skittlescda 03-05-2010 01:34 PM

[QUOTE=Lilita175;3186347]Re: unbalanced diet and IP.

I have kept track of my weight and measurements for many years. My inches lost on this diet are proportionately much higher compared to when I was at the same weight before. And my pant size is one size smaller than when I was at the same wt. before which indicates that I have lost a lot of fat. Yay!
QUOTE]

I quite agree Lilita......I am down two pant sizes and 3" on my bust (I had forgotten how small breasted I really was lol) and my weight is only down 18 lbs. I am 52 years old and my entire family along with a few co-workers have told me I look 10 years younger. My hair and complexion are even nicer than they've been in years....so there is much more to this diets than just what appears on the scale. :carrot:

skittlescda 03-05-2010 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3186299)

SO WELL PUT JORDANNA.....I'VE HAD SOME SETBACKS IN THE LAST FEW WEEKS MYSELF BUT I FEEL THAT THIS DIET HAS PUT ME ON THE RIGHT TRACK AND I LOOK AND FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN YEARS.....DON'T GIVE UP PEOPLE!!