3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/195511-ideal-protein-weekly-chat-feb-29-march-7-2010-a.html)

BevS 03-03-2010 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarkbait (Post 3182640)
Because I weight 159lbs, I need 80g of protein, meaning I would need at least 4 packets, depending on the protein I was choosing to eat. Over the last few weeks, I only did 3 IP packets like the rest of you, but she was right, my muscle mass kept going down over the weekend, and even on days I would exercise. This last weekend, I started taking 4 packets and found that my muscle didn't go away and a lost more fat than weight really.

Hi, Sarkbait, With 3 packets, I average about 50 grams of protein, plus my dinner meal contains about 35 grams of protein (5 oz. X 7 grams/ounce), totalling 85 grams of protein. So, unless I'm mistaken, you would still only need 3 IP packets per day.

frogsrock 03-03-2010 04:51 PM

hey guys.. trying to get an answer before I leave work today. I cant get the comparrison docs up to look are the alternatives... looking for most comparable would you go with Lindora or new lifestyle? r the lifestyle premade shakes the same..

I know there is a different chat for this but I wasn't getting the quick response that I was hoping for.

Wyo Sky 03-03-2010 05:16 PM

MSG- Other Names For It

I copied this from migrainephd.com :

"Most people who have headaches are familiar with Monosodium Glutamate or MSG, but did you know that MSG has other names? Yes, it does because food manufacturers know that there are savvy consumers who know MSG is not healthy, but need MSG to make their dead food taste fresh and alive. Here is a list to get you started. Until I swore myself off of ALL additives in my food, my migraines were plentiful. Now that my diet contains zero tolerance for additives, I am migraine and headache free. Amazing"

Here are just a few of the other names for MSG

Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein

Hydrolyzed Protein

Hydrolyzed Plant Protein Plant Protein Extract

Sodium Caseinate

Calcium Caseinate

Yeast Extract

Textured Protein

Autolyzed Yeast

Hydrolyzed Oat flour

Malt extract

Malt Flavoring

Bouillon

Broth Stock

Flavoring

Natural Flavoring

Natural Beef or Chicken Flavoring

Seasoning

Spices

Carrageenan

Enzymes

Soy Protein Concentrate

Soy Protein Isolate

Whey Protein Concentrate

ckanable 03-03-2010 07:49 PM

Hey all! I asked the following question on the FAQ thread but no one has replied so I thought I would ask here:

Can we have any packet for any meal? For example - can I have a ready to go drink for my snack?

Thanks!

HopefulTricia 03-03-2010 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckanable (Post 3183171)
Hey all! I asked the following question on the FAQ thread but no one has replied so I thought I would ask here:

Can we have any packet for any meal? For example - can I have a ready to go drink for my snack?

Thanks!

Not all of us seem to have the same protocol but I will tell you mine. I can have 3 packets a day. Only one of those can be from the "restricted" list of bars, stew, spaghetti, chili, soy nuts, pancakes,oatmeal, ridges and chocolate soy puffs. A number of people have said they aren't allowed
any restricted items the first few weeks.
To answer your question, yes you can have a to go drink as your snack. The vanilla to go drinks are probably my favorite of all of the choices. Good Luck!

ckanable 03-03-2010 08:37 PM

Thanks HopefulTricia!

rachel13 03-03-2010 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3181182)
Oh yeah, forgot to mention last night I had a dream that I was sitting in my backyard with a baguette and a tub of butter. Just hanging out slicing off a piece of bread, buttering it and eating it. Crazy what food does to the brain! lol

Alright, so like I said I had to take an unexpected trip this week and it has been h**l for lack of a better way to describe it and so I snuck off to Panera Bread to steal their WIFI and when I read this I literally laughed out loud.. and was stared at... but it was so worth it. :) thanks for making me smile for the first time in 3 days...

libbyshims 03-03-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia (Post 3183194)
Not all of us seem to have the same protocol but I will tell you mine. I can have 3 packets a day. Only one of those can be from the "restricted" list of bars, stew, spaghetti, chili, soy nuts, pancakes,oatmeal, ridges and chocolate soy puffs. A number of people have said they aren't allowed
any restricted items the first few weeks.
To answer your question, yes you can have a to go drink as your snack. The vanilla to go drinks are probably my favorite of all of the choices. Good Luck!

I LOVE the vanilla to go drinks. I mix mine with a little bit of coffee, some crushed ice and put it in my Bullet Blender. I then drizzle the top with some WF chocolate syrup and pretend I am at Starbucks!

I have the same protocol, except my coach told me the salt and vinegar ridges weren't a restricted item. Love the bbq soy puffs, too. Nice for when I am watching TV.

rachel13 03-03-2010 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogsrock (Post 3182964)
hey guys.. trying to get an answer before I leave work today. I cant get the comparrison docs up to look are the alternatives... looking for most comparable would you go with Lindora or new lifestyle? r the lifestyle premade shakes the same..

I know there is a different chat for this but I wasn't getting the quick response that I was hoping for.

I am drinking a combo of Lindora premade mocha and EAS vanilla and lost 6 lbs. this past week. I think they are very similar.

want2run 03-03-2010 09:27 PM

Just dropping in to share...week 14 weigh in and down 48lbs total!!! I have never had a plan work so well. It was a tough couple of weeks but I am feeling good and moving forward. My average is 3.4lbs a week.

Lilita175 03-03-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3182867)
I've been on IP since Jan. 25 and have lost 14.5 lbs. I've been dealing with bad constipation for the last 2 wks & starting last night pain in my flank (right side under rib in my back). Today I saw my doctor and she told me that any diet high in protein and fat and low in fibre, vegetables and whole grains can lead to excess of uric acid which in turn can lead to kidney stones. She stressed that a high protein diet isn't for everyone and that excessive amounts of protein quite often cause other health problems, for some people potentially serious ones. While she ran some tests she brought in a nutritionist, who also warned me that because my consumption of fats and proteins is proportionately greater because of the elimination of most carbs, I am in a danger of liver and kidney damage. Well they've given me a lot to think about because I really want to keep on this diet but of course not at the risk of damaging my kidneys or having these pains.
The nutritionist knew right away what diet I was on and said that in recent months the clinic had seen an increase of visits from people with bowel and kidney problems, who've been on the IP diet. I live in a small town and the wellness centre is very new and only introduced this diet last fall.

I don’t want to scare anyone, and I won’t go into detail about the symptoms I’ve had the last few days, but they are not pleasant. I've been given meds for pain (a first for me) and tomorrow I'm booked for an ultrasound as they suspect I have a kidney stone. I've been told to stop eating the IP packs until they can determine what is going on.
I've been drinking in excess of 64oz of water a day and eating tons of veggies along with 2-3 IP paks per day. I had to stop the cal-mags because they gave me indigestion. Saturday I stopped eating the restricted items and have been only having the puddings, soups and shakes and this is when my problems started with my urinary tract and kidneys.

I'm not sure if it's diet related or not....I just want to get feeling better again.

Sorry to hear that you are having a hard time. This diet is not high in protein and fat. It is an "adequate protein and low fat, low carb diet."

One thing I do know is that there is a risk of developing gallstones when you lose weight rapidly especially on a very low fat diet. This diet emphasizes taking good fats (olive oil, grapeseed oil and fish oil.)

Another thought is that hardened stool in the intestine will cause pain the way you described.

Let us know what you find out! And I hope you start feeling better soon.

My internist approved this diet. She went to Dr. Tran Tien's website while I was there and looked it over and thought it was a very healthy diet. The only thing she said to avoid was the red meat and the shellfish (because I tend to have high cholesterol.)

fluffymama 03-03-2010 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PRINCASS (Post 3182656)
Wyosky.
I totally agree with you.
The thing is, I was under the impression that the "newlife" shakes are the same as "IP" shakes because the ingredients read the same. http://newlifestylediet.com/detail.aspx?pid=138&cid=12
http://idealprotein.com/ipcl_usen.asp?no=295&c=19&p=63

I'm pretty confident that the pre-made shake's (at least the vanilla) are the same thing i.p has. I have the vanilla i.p drink here and the picture and the ingredients are exactly the same. I was thinking about ordering some from this site, but they are temp. out of the vanilla shake

fluffymama 03-03-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ckanable (Post 3183171)

Thanks!

yes, that is all I get is the pre-made vanilla drinks. I have one for breakfast, lunch, and snack before bed...;)

fluffymama 03-03-2010 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3182867)
I've been on IP since Jan. 25 and have lost 14.5 lbs. I've been dealing with bad constipation for the last 2 wks & starting last night pain in my flank (right side under rib in my back). Today I saw my doctor and she told me that any diet high in protein and fat and low in fibre, vegetables and whole grains can lead to excess of uric acid which in turn can lead to kidney stones. She stressed that a high protein diet isn't for everyone and that excessive amounts of protein quite often cause other health problems, for some people potentially serious ones. While she ran some tests she brought in a nutritionist, who also warned me that because my consumption of fats and proteins is proportionately greater because of the elimination of most carbs, I am in a danger of liver and kidney damage. Well they've given me a lot to think about because I really want to keep on this diet but of course not at the risk of damaging my kidneys or having these pains.
The nutritionist knew right away what diet I was on and said that in recent months the clinic had seen an increase of visits from people with bowel and kidney problems, who've been on the IP diet. I live in a small town and the wellness centre is very new and only introduced this diet last fall.

I don’t want to scare anyone, and I won’t go into detail about the symptoms I’ve had the last few days, but they are not pleasant. I've been given meds for pain (a first for me) and tomorrow I'm booked for an ultrasound as they suspect I have a kidney stone. I've been told to stop eating the IP packs until they can determine what is going on.
I've been drinking in excess of 64oz of water a day and eating tons of veggies along with 2-3 IP paks per day. I had to stop the cal-mags because they gave me indigestion. Saturday I stopped eating the restricted items and have been only having the puddings, soups and shakes and this is when my problems started with my urinary tract and kidneys.

I'm not sure if it's diet related or not....I just want to get feeling better again.

I have had some of the same symptoms, and been through all of the tests at the dr.'s office. The difference is, My Dr.'s office sponsors the i.p. diet and have assured me that it is safe. I think a lot of the "pain" that I've experienced is constipation. They did a stomach xray and confirmed that I had stool remaining in my bowel. (Sorry if this is too much info for some!). Since then I have been adding mirilax to my water and "things" are moving much more smoothly! Haven't had anymore pain and am feeling much better! Stress can also be a contributing factor to not being able to "go" too. :goodluck:

RJC 03-04-2010 01:11 AM

Hello all.

Not sure what was going on but I'd not been in Ketosis for a while (tester strips) but am back in today.

The only difference last week was super crazy at work so really no workouts (1 lift prior to my 0 loss weigh in). I'm back in the gym hard this week and thankfully back in Ketosis. I was starting to get worried!!!
:)