3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein WEEKLY Chat, Feb 29- March 7, 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/195511-ideal-protein-weekly-chat-feb-29-march-7-2010-a.html)

libbyshims 03-06-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Birman (Post 3187238)
Swik: I will post in the other thread with book titles and stuff tomorrow afternoon.

Libbyshims: Stay away from those Vegas all you can eat buffets! A couple of months ago I stayed at the Paris hotel there, and their buffet is toooo good. I was noticing that Mandalay Bay has an ALL DAY all you can eat buffet. Don't go! (Or if you do, come back and tell us about it. :D )

Jen: I wouldn't consider the Miracle Noodles or the Tofu Shirataki noodles to be a restricted food. There is only 1 net carb per serving in the Tofu Shirataki and none in the Miracles Noodles. Blue Mermaid already posted where you can get the Miracle Noodles. You can find out where to get the Tofu Shirataki noodles here.

Hey Birman-thanks for the heads up on Mandalay Bay--that is where we are staying-ugh! Good to know...we are going with a group of people all size 2's AND we are renting a bunch on cabanas on the Saturday to lay by the pool....good times. Only kidding. Now that I am on IP, I can't wait to go. I won't be a size 2 by any stretch of the imagination, but I am hoping everyone is drinking so much that I look skinnier through their 'beer goggles'!!! LOL!!!

libbyshims 03-06-2010 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 (Post 3187097)
Thank you BlueMermaid for your Vegas information. My hubby and I are headed there 5 weeks from tomorrow, which will be after I've been on IP for 6 weeks. I told him tonight my goal is to stay on IP until we go to Vegas, then enjoy my vacation thoroughly (but probably not to the excess I'd have done in the past), and then just get back on the wagon when we get home. You are right, life is short and our vacation / time alone for just the two of us is something that doesn't happen often. Not that food makes it better, but if we want to share a treat we are going to do it. I really needed to read your information tonight, because today was a really crabby "poor me" day for me. Thank you very much!

Hey Hockey mom- what are your dates? We are April 9-11.
I am looking to create a low carb margarita recipe...will keep y'all posted.

ksb001 03-06-2010 09:18 AM

Here's my vacation plan (don't know if I can stick to it but if I at least have a plan, it's a start). I thought about bringing packets but probably won't since I'll be with other ladies and it's just too much explaining/hassle.

Breakfast: 2-egg Veggie omelet, probably egg beaters or egg whites but if not, no biggie. Real eggs cooked by someone else, that's a treat right there.

Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken or hamburger without the bun and salad - that's okay.

Dinners: I'll stick with steaks/meats with veggies as much as I can but I'm not going to stress about dinner - I'm enjoying myself too. I'm not a big drinker but enjoy a cocktail every once in a while. I'm sticking with Bacardi Rum and Diet Coke - has calories but no carbs and I think it's yummy with extra limes. I'm going to have one dessert (one?) because I love sweets and that will be my planned cheat.

It's not completely on plan but I'm still going to at least "TRY". If you're with good friends and being waited on, that's the enjoyment part. For once in my life, my vacation is not going to be centered on food. Should be interesting.

Eastcoastmama 03-06-2010 09:49 AM

Woo Hoo! Lost 3.4 lbs this week. Not lots of inches, but still thrilled. Finally, have a pair of pants that are really baggy. Might have to give them away. So excited, only 3.7 lbs to go before my BMI says I am not over-weight. Hope to reach that goal before my 3 month anniversary on the diet.:)

Eastcoastmama 03-06-2010 09:51 AM

I made the chocolate pudding this morning in the blender and added more water than supposed to and some ice. It was like drinking a chocolate shake. Very enjoyable.

jordanna 03-06-2010 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama (Post 3187442)
Woo Hoo! Lost 3.4 lbs this week. Not lots of inches, but still thrilled. Finally, have a pair of pants that are really baggy. Might have to give them away. So excited, only 3.7 lbs to go before my BMI says I am not over-weight. Hope to reach that goal before my 3 month anniversary on the diet.:)

CONGRATS ON THE LOSS EASTCOAST!!!!:D

Eastcoastmama 03-06-2010 09:58 AM

My coach is long distance. I call or email her each week. I weigh myself and my husband helps me measure. I send her the results. If I have questions, I can reach her by phone. She sends the packets through the mail.
I too get lots of encouragement from reading how everyone else is doing. My sister is on the diet and we talk almost everyday- she's great and my husband is so supportive! Don't know what I would do without them.

Keep up the good work everyone. Think of the end results! It is worth all of the effort. We will all be so much healthier!

jordanna 03-06-2010 09:58 AM

My coach was having a contest this week - anyone who loses 4 lbs or more gets a free box of food, I lost 5.7 lbs last week so I'm not sure I'll get there but I'm really hoping!! After all who doesn't want to get paid $27 for losing 4 lbs :)

I weigh in tomorrow and I've been 100% on program all week! Wish me luck :)

Eastcoastmama 03-06-2010 09:59 AM

Thank you Jordanna. You are an inspiration!:)

Novak 03-06-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by libbyshims (Post 3187394)
Hi Babs,

I love my coffee and couldn't stomach the sweetner in it. I bought the UHT vanilla drink and pour that in as creamer. I get my 2 cups of coffee and my protein at the same time. If I want it cold, I put coffee/UHT in my bullet and have it frappiccino style.

I agree about the coaching--big differences out there. This group has been a life saver for me. I come on here now more than Facebook and I love it!

Who's Babs?:shrug:

Novak 03-06-2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3187476)
Who's Babs?:shrug:

Never mind... I see. You should have done the double quote so as not to confuse me!

ksb001 03-06-2010 10:41 AM

I forgot to tell you all about the weird dream I had last night! I was going to a party and there was a big salad there but it was the kind with shredded carrots in it. I dumped the whole bowl out and was meticulously picking all the carrots out and Dr. Drew Pinsky (:?:) was helping me and telling me not to worry about every little carrot.

I should definitely not read these message boards and/or watch Celebrity Rehab before bed! LOL

Think this diet is controlling my life much?????

Mystical Mamma 03-06-2010 10:48 AM

Good morning! Has anyone done the detox on the program yet?

BlueMermaid 03-06-2010 10:48 AM

Best of luck!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3187452)
My coach was having a contest this week - anyone who loses 4 lbs or more gets a free box of food, I lost 5.7 lbs last week so I'm not sure I'll get there but I'm really hoping!! After all who doesn't want to get paid $27 for losing 4 lbs :)

I weigh in tomorrow and I've been 100% on program all week! Wish me luck :)

Good Luck Jordanna! You have been doing awesome and won't need luck. You are an inspiration to everyone. :angel:

BlueMermaid 03-06-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama (Post 3187443)
I made the chocolate pudding this morning in the blender and added more water than supposed to and some ice. It was like drinking a chocolate shake. Very enjoyable.

I think we should add some hints and tricks for the "newbies". It may be repeating but it takes a long time to read all the old posts.

My favorite is to cover the shaker with plastic wrap before I put the lid on. This is really helpful to keep you from licking the lid when you make the pudding. I also put the pudding in the freezer for 30-45 minutes and add cinnamon to the vanilla and butterscotch. I don't care for the other puddings.

:dust: Good Luck Everyone on your losses and nsv's!