Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 05:49 PM   #541  

S/C/G: 226.4/166.5/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Hi Everybody,
I started IP on Janurary 18, and have been lurking around reading all the postings and it has been so helpful. It has been extemely intresting following jordana--I do not know your height, however, you and I started the diet on the same day and we weighed extactly the same!! I might add we are losing at the same pace also. And reading the posts and browsing the recipies is extremely addicting.

Welcome beyourbestinidaho, I had my initial consultation on 1/18/10 and started the next day. I was supposed to have my second weigh-in today (we weigh in every 3 weeks) but we are having a snowstorm in Northwest NJ.

Again welcome to the thread, we look forward to getting to know you.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #542  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
Hi Everybody,
I started IP on Janurary 18, and have been lurking around reading all the postings and it has been so helpful. It has been extemely intresting following jordana--I do not know your height, however, you and I started the diet on the same day and we weighed extactly the same!! I might add we are losing at the same pace also. And reading the posts and browsing the recipies is extremely addicting.
Hiya beyourbest - I'm super short only 5'5"!! I'm sure you're much taller than I am

That's neat that we started on the same day and have been losing the same amount of weight.

Nice to see you here on the boards!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #543  
Started IP 2-18-10

Height: 5'8

Can anyone share some information on exercise with this diet. What are most of you doing and how long and how many times per week. I shared earlier that my coach said to only exercise at night for the first three weeks on IP which totally screws up my routine as I had been walking 1 hour each morning. Later on in the day is not something I can do on a consistent basis.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #544  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Today my husband told me to find a babysitter because he needs to take his hot wife out on a date!
[COLOR="Plum"]yay! This makes me smile just thinking about your "reunion". Hope you are taking full advantage of it!!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 PM   #545  
fluffymama

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22 View Post
I was having the same problem - as were lots of others. It's weird how much time you either think about or try to "go". I think i've figured out the problem. I was taking my 4 ca/mg tablets every day and just the other day checked the ca levels in my IP foods. I usually have a pudding every night for a snack - either as a pudding or with extra water as a drink. when i checked, the ca levels in the chocolate pudding are 263% of your daily ca requirement and the vanilla is also well over 100%. Other IP foods are low. Because I'm getting well over the requirment with the IP foods i'm having (chocolate and vanilla puddings) I have decided to skip my ca supplements:. Every thing is moving again and no problems at all anymore. I talked with my counsellor about this strategy and she's headed to a big conference and is going to ask.
wow! I just noticed your only four lbs away from goal! That is awesome!!
Old 02-25-2010, 06:03 PM   #546  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuesday925 View Post
Welcome beyourbestinidaho, I had my initial consultation on 1/18/10 and started the next day. I was supposed to have my second weigh-in today (we weigh in every 3 weeks) but we are having a snowstorm in Northwest NJ.

Again welcome to the thread, we look forward to getting to know you.
Hey Tuesday925 I also live in Northwest New Jersey (Morris County) some weather we are having and the worst is yet to come. Hang in there stay warm and dry and good luck on your next weigh in.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:10 PM   #547  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Is this in addition to the IP products? There is a heck of a lot of sodium in those soups.
Yes, it is in addition. It's because we're urinating so frequently. Our bodies are getting depleted of their sodium every day. That's why people are getting headaches a lot if they're not getting their sea salt. They told me I can even take more if I need to (get a headache). I think it might be different for people with high blood pressure, but they ask you that up front.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #548  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
Can anyone share some information on exercise with this diet. What are most of you doing and how long and how many times per week. I shared earlier that my coach said to only exercise at night for the first three weeks on IP which totally screws up my routine as I had been walking 1 hour each morning. Later on in the day is not something I can do on a consistent basis.
I must admit that I have not exercised at all beyond my normal activities--housework, grocery shopping, and bowling. I was told I didn't have to on this diet and if I did to keep it light and not get my heart rate up. They don't want you burning muscle and you don't eat enough carbs on this diet to justify much exercise. So if you do exercise strenuously, I think you should be sure to add a packet or two on those days. Of course, you should follow whatever your individual coaches are telling you.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #549  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I must admit that I have not exercised at all beyond my normal activities--housework, grocery shopping, and bowling. I was told I didn't have to on this diet and if I did to keep it light and not get my heart rate up. They don't want you burning muscle and you don't eat enough carbs on this diet to justify much exercise. So if you do exercise strenuously, I think you should be sure to add a packet or two on those days. Of course, you should follow whatever your individual coaches are telling you.
Not exercising sounds good to me.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:36 PM   #550  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Yes, it is in addition. It's because we're urinating so frequently. Our bodies are getting depleted of their sodium every day. That's why people are getting headaches a lot if they're not getting their sea salt. They told me I can even take more if I need to (get a headache). I think it might be different for people with high blood pressure, but they ask you that up front.
BevS, I do understand that we need extra sodium on this diet when we're are urinating so much. But do we need it the whole way through the diet? I'm just starting my 3rd week and today I'm going my normal level for the first time since starting. Last night was the first night since starting that I didn't have to get up as well. I'm hoping that I will settle in at this level. (Fingers crossed!) If so, do we still need the tons extra salt?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:40 PM   #551  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

sam0617:
You can walk for an hour every day. I do. Well, I walk throughout the day as I have a dog, but we take 2 walks in the morning and 2-3 at night. On weekends we walk farther and it takes about an hour (in addition to the necessary morning and evening walks). As long as you are not power walking like crazy, I think you should be fine. My clinic told me that all my dog walking is fine. When we had the blizzard earlier this February, sometimes I walked 2.5 hours a day. It was so nice not to have to work! My dog loved it.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:47 PM   #552  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam0617 View Post
I don't know the answer to this, but I walk 3 or 4 times a week on this diet (45 minutes of walking, but it takes about 90 minutes because I take my cat!) It's not strenuous exercise, obviously. I need it because otherwise I am very sedentary. I don't think strenuous exercise would be recommended on this diet, but I would think walking would be fine. If you have some protein before you go, I don't see why you can't go in the morning.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #553  
Started IP 2-18-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinnamonSparkles View Post
sam0617:
You can walk for an hour every day. I do. Well, I walk throughout the day as I have a dog, but we take 2 walks in the morning and 2-3 at night. On weekends we walk farther and it takes about an hour (in addition to the necessary morning and evening walks). As long as you are not power walking like crazy, I think you should be fine. My clinic told me that all my dog walking is fine. When we had the blizzard earlier this February, sometimes I walked 2.5 hours a day. It was so nice not to have to work! My dog loved it.
Thank you I feel much better about my routine.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #554  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie View Post
Me again...does anyone have any idea if Pork Rinds are legal? My guess is they're probably not due to the fat content, but they don't have carbs or sugars. However, I've missed that "crunchy" thing and saw these at the store the other day and remembered that other low-carb diets allow these. Anyway, I bought some and have been having a few each day to satisify that need. Hopefully they won't have a huge impact.
I would say no, not on plan....but I have had them and still had a loss for the week, and I ate the whole bag. They are fatty and not the healthiest choice...but for carbs/sugars aspect....I suppose it is better than potatoe chips? Good luck.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:44 PM   #555  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
As a treat to myself for reaching the 30 lb mark, I am going to buy the Wii Fit pro tomorrow to help me with the exercise!

Heard it is super fun and actually works!

Anyone else use this?
This is my reward for reaching my first mini-goal too. I will be purchasing it this weekend and am looking forward to it very much!!!
Closed Thread