3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

sam0617 02-25-2010 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3171703)
hi sam0617 WONDERFUL job....8.5 pounds is amazing. Week one results are always so encouraging !! Are you eating restricted items or staying clear of them for awhile.

:carrot:

I have not had any restricted items. I had posted a question whether or not members thought eating restricted items had a negative influence on weight loss and a few folks responded and those seemed to avoid the restricted items or limit them to 1 or 2 per week. My coach suggests that restricted items be avoided for your first three weeks.

Tuesday925 02-25-2010 08:45 AM

sam0617- Congrats on your 8.5lb loss way to go!!! I was supposed to weigh in today in Cedar Knolls but due to the weather I am rescheduled to tomorrow at 1:45. Our weigh-ins are every three weeks unfortunately.

BlueMermaid 02-25-2010 08:46 AM

Great Job!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3171692)
First weigh in this morning down 8.5.bs and lost 6.75 inches.

M http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097...165/217.5/.png y

Alright Sam! Great first week for you! I am sure you are super motivated now!! Don't it feel good? :cb::dance::cb:

Sandrab 02-25-2010 09:02 AM

sam - just wanted to mention that you and i started out at the exact same weight, we are the same height pretty much, and have very similiar goals. I started this diet on sept 20th and was vigilant for the first 4 months, during which time i lost 45 lbs. i then had some unexpected turn of events, and did not remain as vigilant, but manage to maintain at 52 lb weight loss. I am still battling to stay "honest" on the diet, have not regained any weight, lose the odd pound here and there. I am getting closer to moving to the alternative stage and introduce more exercise and regular foods back into my life. So just wanted to make mention of that, it is amazing how fast those months went, and how seemless this diet was/can be. I also chose not to use the restricted items, still don't. So just wanted to wish you luck in your journey, as i seen the similiarities in our goals!

Hockey Mom23 02-25-2010 09:23 AM

Good Morning! The headache is gone. :D And, I have already seen progress. I'm a part of a "biggest loser" contest, and weigh in is every Thursday morning. I started IP on Tuesday morning, weighed at home and got the same result as last week's biggest loser weight. Today, my weight at home was 5 pounds LIGHTER from Tuesday morning. Seriously, that's like magic to me.

My coworker bought donuts this morning, and I don't even want one. After seeing those results in just two days, I can easily pass up a donut. This is totally not like me! It's going to be a great day, I can just feel it.

skittlescda 02-25-2010 09:28 AM

Good Morning.....Could we have people who are following the IP diet eating one restricted food per day to post and let us know how you have done (are doing) on the diet and how much you are losing weekly. I'm reading so many posts lately from people who avoid the restricted items.

Also, I'm having a serious problem with constipation since I started wk 3 (I'm in wk 4). On Dr. Trans website he says constipation is definitely the most common adverse effect of all diets, not just the protein diet and as a rule, only those who tend to be constipated even when not dieting, are affected. I've tried their recommendations for treatment along with eating lots of veggies and drinking more water than the diet calls for but still having problems. I'm wondering if maybe my system is just not cut out for this.
Anyone else experiencing the same problem.

I really don't want to give up on this diet and I enjoy the foods. My diets normally consists of breakfast a drink or omelette, lunch chicken soup with sauteed veggies (sometimes with a lettuce salad) and dinner is fish or chicken with veggies and salad and snack either pudding, bar or puffs. Loads of water throughout the day (I have a huge bottle always full at my desk). I'm taking cal-mag (told to go down to 2 because calcium is constipating) and one potassium. Sea salt on my food but I'm probably not getting the full 1/2 tsp a day.

alihal 02-25-2010 09:32 AM

Sam0617 - What a great loss for your first week!!! Sure does feel good to see the scale going down!

Hockey Mom23 - 5lbs lighter whoo hoo!!! You will find that some of things you always loved, like the donuts, do become alot easier to pass up. It gets too exciting to see the pounds coming off when you get on the scale. BTW <3 the team edward shirt on your profile pic, edward all the way!!!

alihal 02-25-2010 09:36 AM

[QUOTE=skittlescda;3171832]Good Morning.....Could we have people who are following the IP diet eating one restricted food per day to post and let us know how you have done (are doing) on the diet and how much you are losing weekly. I'm reading so many posts lately from people who avoid the restricted items.

QUOTE]

My first couple weeks I was just using IP products and having 1 restricted a day and that was when I had my best losses. I started slowing down after that but I was cheating and drinking light beer....

Mystical Mamma 02-25-2010 09:39 AM

Woo Hoo! I lost another 3 lbs this past week!!! That brings my total to 30 pounds since January 2!!

30 lbs = the amount of cheese an average American eats in a year!!!!

Thats a LOT of cheese!!!! :)

Crazy, eh! When I look at it this way, it is no wonder I was always tired out, cranky and plain old sore! I was carting around a 2 month old horse on my back daily!! I wonder though if we have massive muscles under all our "extra's" since we're carting this crap around day in day out???

I've downsized my extra load from the 2 mth old horse to an Irish Setter! My burden is getting lighter with every day that passes! Gotta love it!

fluffymama 02-25-2010 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3171832)
Good Morning.....Could we have people who are following the IP diet eating one restricted food per day to post and let us know how you have done (are doing) on the diet and how much you are losing weekly. I'm reading so many posts lately from people who avoid the restricted items.

Also, I'm having a serious problem with constipation since I started wk 3 (I'm in wk 4). On Dr. Trans website he says constipation is definitely the most common adverse effect of all diets, not just the protein diet and as a rule, only those who tend to be constipated even when not dieting, are affected. I've tried their recommendations for treatment along with eating lots of veggies and drinking more water than the diet calls for but still having problems. I'm wondering if maybe my system is just not cut out for this.

I really don't want to give up on this diet and I enjoy the foods. My diets normally consists of breakfast a drink or omelette, lunch chicken soup with sauteed veggies (sometimes with a lettuce salad) and dinner is fish or chicken with veggies and salad and snack either pudding, bar or puffs. Loads of water throughout the day (I have a huge bottle always full at my desk). I'm taking cal-mag (told to go down to 2 because calcium is constipating) and one potassium. Sea salt on my food but I'm probably not getting the full 1/2 tsp a day.

I have had the same problem from the beginning w/ constipation. I have some milk of magnesia every other day or so to keep things moving, my Dr. recommended this. She sd. that I could have miralax also. I figured w/ all the salad and veggies I ate, and water I drank I wouldn't have this problem, but I was WRoNg!!! sO, I just stick w/ my m-o-m and am a happy camper!:o

fluffymama 02-25-2010 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3171855)
AS of my last weigh in, I have now lost 30 pounds which equals the amount of cheese an average American eats in a year!!!!

Thats a LOT of cheese!!!! :)

Crazy, eh! When I look at it this way, it is no wonder I was always tired out, cranky and plain old sore! I was carting around a 2 month old horse on my back daily!! I wonder though if we have massive muscles under all our "extra's" since we're carting this crap around day in day out???

I've now downsized from a horse to an Irish setter!! lol! Gotta love it!

That is Awesome News!!! Congrat's on all your hard work!!!:cool:

alihal 02-25-2010 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=skittlescda;3171832]

QUOTE]

My mom said the EAS shakes make her go....maybe it could help get things moving for you?? Also have you tried tea or coffee? Coffee works on me and my sister in law drinks this special tea...not sure what it is called, but it also gets things moving.

libbyshims 02-25-2010 09:45 AM

[QUOTE=alihal;3171850]
Quote:

Originally Posted by skittlescda (Post 3171832)

QUOTE]

My first couple weeks I was just using IP products and having 1 restricted a day and that was when I had my best losses. I started slowing down after that but I was cheating and drinking light beer....

Hi guys,

I am on week 3 (weigh in tomorrow-fingers crossed to break out of the 160's) and I have been having the restricted items off and on. That being said, I have been down 7.5 in 2 weeks but feel this week I am slow going. However, I did start working out this week and have been having a bar at night after my workout. That may be a factor. I have been thinking about switching to all non restricted for next week to see how it goes if I am not happy with my loss tomorrow. Will let you know.

Did anyone see their loss slow down when they first started working out?

Mystical Mamma 02-25-2010 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texas Sweetie (Post 3168916)
Hi everyone,

On the plus side, weighed in this morning and am down 6.2lbs!!!!!

Would love to hear from others on how they manage stress and what they do to curb the need/desire to reach for food at that time. Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Weigh to go! ;) That is an awesome loss!

I too am a stress eater. When I find myself craving something, I will first off have 1-2 big glasses of water, wait 10-15 minutes and see if that helped. Alot of times when I crave something, it is really because my body is thirsty! If that doesn;t work, then I will have some lettuce or celery or even a mouthful or two of a jello/pudding. That usually does the trick! If not, I go for walk, shower, anything to keep my mind off of it until the urge passes! Best of luck to you!

SylvieG 02-25-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alihal (Post 3171850)
Did anyone see their loss slow down when they first started working out?

I did see my loss slow down but I did gained muscle mass in the lasts 2 months. My clothes are getting looser!!