3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

sam0617 02-24-2010 07:12 PM

Jordanna thanks for letting us know your husbands reaction as we were all wishing you well and thinking good thoughts and sounds like it was all you hoped for.

fluffymama 02-24-2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3170716)
Okay so Dustin (my husband) came home and first he said hi to my little guy whom I was holding and then I passed him off to daddy and he looked at me and immediately was like...."wow, you look amazing".

The best parts of him coming home were that he was sitting on the floor playing with Hudson and he kept looking back at me in amazement and then when he hugged me after we put Hudson down for a nap he was like "I can't believe it, you feel so much smaller!"

:)

THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!! All of that hard work paid off!! cONgraTS!!:D

sam0617 02-24-2010 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3171032)
THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!! All of that hard work paid off!! cONgraTS!!:D

Fluffymama can I ask what date did you start IP

fluffymama 02-24-2010 08:08 PM

I usually have a cup or two of coffee in the morning but rather than using creamer or half and half I add the pre-made vanilla drink. It tastes good and I'm getting the best of both worlds! coffee and my i.p. choice!

fluffymama 02-24-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3171037)
Fluffymama can I ask what date did you start IP

I started Jan. 25...;)

sam0617 02-24-2010 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3171039)
I started Jan. 25...;)

Wow you lost 19lbs in 1 month . . . fantastic.
I also use the pre-mixed vanilla in my coffee in the am and it's not bad.

ritiki19 02-24-2010 08:24 PM

Jordanna!!!!! That is so awesome! What a great feeling! I bet that gave you the biggest boost and made all of your hard work worth it! I promise you that he won't be able to keep his hands or eyes off of you! And let's not forget kudos for your hubby for noticing and telling you how great you did!

smileyva 02-24-2010 08:31 PM

Hey everyone! I am so glad I found this board for support and even though I don't post much, I do enjoy reading what everyone is up to and how you are all doing. :)

(As a note on reading the posts, I get the daily digest of this board and it helps me keep up...I can read through all the posts from the day in one email....just a recommendation if anyone wants that option.)

I weighed in this evening after my first week on IP - I lost EIGHT pounds! I am stoked! I have been trying to do really well and to avoid temptations as best I can. My husband has been a big supporter and has really helped me a lot. I just need to continue to plan well and be prepared!

Oh, and I have a hard time getting in that 3rd packet each day...I either forget or fall asleep (I have a 2 yr old and a 3 month old...I sleep whenever I get a chance!)

Anyone else doing Phase I with just 2 packets and then a normal dinner and veggies?

Oh, I have found that drinking tea during the day helps me a lot too!

ritiki19 02-24-2010 08:32 PM

Marinated Tofu

I'm sorry I couldn't post the recipe. I was at work when I wrote it and thought the recipe was home, now I'm at home and realize the recipe is at work. This is just from memory, but I think it went a little something like this:

Cut tofu into bitesize pieces
1/2 c Tamari (low sodium is better obviously)
1/4 c water
4-5 cloves garlic minced
2 Tbsp olive oil (i suppose grapeseed would work too) I think you could omit this step, but I think it helps it brown. Plus 2 T isn't that much over the whole block of tofu
Red pepper flakes to taste - I like spice!

****If it's too salty for you then add some veggie stock

Then bake in a single layer in 400 degree oven for 15-25 minutes. It will brown and you can determine how brown you want it. I like mine pretty browned.

OMG!!! :?: I just realized I forgot to add that you want to drain your tofu for like a whole day BEFORE you put it in the marinade. I put mine between several layers of towels and put something fairly heavy on top to drain the liquid off and left it out for at least 6 hours. I'm sorry I omitted that before!!! Anyhow, I hope it works for you ladies and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I found that smaller bite-size pieces work best. Mine are a little large.

fluffymama 02-24-2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3171043)
Wow you lost 19lbs in 1 month . . . fantastic.
I also use the pre-mixed vanilla in my coffee in the am and it's not bad.

thanks! the pre-made vanilla drink is all I get from my clinic. I love it! I will use it in hot coffee as creamer, in cold coffee and ice like an iced coffee from McDonalds, or have it plain. I like all three ways. This is one thing that I get that I know I will enjoy and never get tired of!! Thanks for your encouragement! It get's easier everyday!!!

livelaughlove 02-24-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam0617 (Post 3170560)
I complete my first week and weigh in tomorrow morning. It seems like this day is dragging and I want it to hurry up and be over with so I can go to sleep and get up and weigh myself. I can't stand it!!!

Good luck tomorrow! I had my first weigh in yesterday and was so happy!! Down 6 lbs!! The first week is behind us and my counselor said that from day 7 on, you start feeling pretty darn good, higher energy, decreased cravings--she may be right..I do feel better today. I'm so excited that I have made it this far! I usually can't even go one day without snacking! I am amazed at myself to be honest with you! This program makes sense and is doable!! Let us know how your weigh in goes!!

Lisa:hug:

sam0617 02-24-2010 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livelaughlove (Post 3171085)
Good luck tomorrow! I had my first weigh in yesterday and was so happy!! Down 6 lbs!! The first week is behind us and my counselor said that from day 7 on, you start feeling pretty darn good, higher energy, decreased cravings--she may be right..I do feel better today. I'm so excited that I have made it this far! I usually can't even go one day without snacking! I am amazed at myself to be honest with you! This program makes sense and is doable!! Let us know how your weigh in goes!!

Lisa:hug:

Thank you and I absolutely will post my results.:D

newsiemom 02-24-2010 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluffymama (Post 3171038)
I usually have a cup or two of coffee in the morning but rather than using creamer or half and half I add the pre-made vanilla drink. It tastes good and I'm getting the best of both worlds! coffee and my i.p. choice!

Brillliant flufflymama. Thanks for the idea. I too miss my creamer like crazy.

Jordanna. . . so happy that you have a great hubby to notice all the hard work you have put in. You sound like a great family.

In regards to the non-restricted foods, I don't know if I could do it. I'm only on week 2, but I look forward to that restricted treat each night and think I might stray if I didn't let myself 'indulge' in the chocolate soy crisps or peanut butter vanilla bar. I suppose time will tell though, if I am losing slowly, I might have to step it up bit.
You guys are all great. I now put my kids in bed and then run to the computer for my 3FC fix. Ha!

rachel13 02-24-2010 09:16 PM

Hey everyone, congrats on your losses this week.

Jordanna....what an AWESOME reaction... :)

Does anyone know why we have to have the teaspoon on sea salt? I use it on my dinner usually but I know I don't have my full teaspoon.. is this ok?

jordanna 02-24-2010 09:18 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words!!

Not only did my husband notice my weight loss & and make me feel beautiful, he said I deserve a morning off and he's getting up with our little guy in the morning. (Even though he's just been up for 24 hours and has been working everyday for five weeks straight!!). I ♥ my husband!

Ritiki, when you say you strain the tofu and leave it out for 6 hours do you mean out of the fridge?