3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Monthly Chat February 2010 Continued #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/194723-ip-monthly-chat-february-2010-continued-3-a.html)

Novak 02-27-2010 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3174735)
Thanks, Novak, for your input. My best friend says I'm anal.:^: She does whatever she wants to with the diet and keeps losing almost as much as I have. She doesn't eat all the salt, skips her supplements all the time, eats a bar every day and sometimes an extra packet too. If we get chicken breast sandwiches when we go out to eat, I take mine off the bun, and she relishes every bite, including the bun. In seven weeks, I think I have lost three pounds more than she has. Not that we're competing.:)

I wouldn't recommend being as lax as your friend with this diet. It's basically chemistry, and it really does depend on following the protocol. No matter how small the infraction, the process is interrupted. Period. Some people just lose weight easier than others. Perhaps your friend is one of them. I am not.

At first, I found myself competing with the numbers I saw others achieving. I lost big the first week, but have evened off considerably around 3 pounds per week... sometimes less. Over the long haul, my average is still as promised - about 4.5 pounds a week - but I'm really not stressing about the weekly rate. There's nothing magical about a week. Who's not impressed when you can say, "I've lost 20 pounds since the last time you saw me?" It doesn't matter if you only logged a half pound the previous week. (A benefit of weighing daily, is that you can count your losses over any period of time you want!)

Anyway, while everyone starts this program to lose weight, that can almost be considered a side effect. Others have noted that fat loss is more significant than with other diets - your clothes get bigger than your weight loss would warrant. If you read the literature, the health benefits are significant... in my own case, I was able to cut my blood pressure meds in half after two weeks. I predict I'll be off them by the time I'm done. I had additional blood work done just before I began, and I'm confident those numbers will improve significantly, as well.

So go ahead and be anal. Don't be led astray... keep your head down and persevere. You're investing some big bucks in this, and you owe it to yourself to maximize your return. It may come more slowly or quickly than for others, but that's just a distraction. It's important to do everything you can to make it an efficient process. The weight loss and health benefits need to be optimized for you, and not someone else.

Eastcoastmama 02-27-2010 08:19 AM

Well, weighed in and down 2.2 lbs. Little by little.

Was so tempted last night, just had to leave the room. The kids were doing a science experiment. They were making homemade ice cream. It looked so good. I knew I couldn't stay. This was one of the first times I wished I wasn't on a diet. I think it was more the social part of it. They were having alot of fun.

Eastcoastmama 02-27-2010 08:24 AM

My next mini goal is to not be overweight in my BMI. Six pounds to go!!!
Can't wait! Started out obese in my BMI. It is so nice to see the numbers go down. I think this is the first time in a long time that I am actually looking forward to Spring. My spring clothes are going to fit so much better! I might even have to get new ones.:)

Ogdog13 02-27-2010 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanna (Post 3173958)
I'm going out for dinner and to a movie with my husband this weekend. The dinner will be no problem, I've already checked the menu and I'm going to have a steak with a double serving of asparagus but the POPCORN at the movies...ugh that's my downfall :)

I'm going to take my Saturday night IP treat with me (BBQ Soy Puffs) and sneak in an Orange Crush (sweetened with Splenda). I only allow myself a restricted item once a week so it will be a nice treat, but I hope the willpower gods are shining down on me because I love movie popcorn!

I'll just have to keep reminding myself that I weigh in on Sunday and it's not worth it to waste a whole week for some popcorn!!

Have a good weekend everyone!

Jordanna, have fun on your night out with the hubby. Hang in there, the popcorn isn't worth it! You've done so well so far keep on going strong!! Looking forward to hearing about your date. I'm single and have a date tomorrow at Maggiano's....also looked at the menu and plenty of fish and veggies to choose from!! Used you as inspiration.

Ogdog13 02-27-2010 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3174021)
Thank you. I rest my case. :)

Bwahahahah, y'all make me laugh! (thanks for the laughter!). I'm 5'5" and I consider it short as everyone in my family is 5'10" or above. :( I do, however, have a cousin who is 4'8". :)

sam0617 02-27-2010 09:50 AM

I am concerned about this week as I have been sick with a nasty case of bronchitis and having trouble fitting in all the food. I also have a sinus infection (someone just shoot me) I have forced down all the IP products and supplements not quite getting all the water in and I am freaking out that it will have a negative impact on my weigh in on Thursday. Hoping by tomorrow I turn the corner so I can get back on schedule. I am really really trying to get everything in but when you can't pick your head up off the pillow or stand upright without feeling dizzy and unstable it makes it difficult.

Mystical Mamma 02-27-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by want2run (Post 3174875)
Ok, so two downers for me today...one food related and one not.

I wish I had come on earlier and read all the posts about movie popcorn, I fell into a bucket of it this afternoon and so wish I had had more will power to avoid it. It didn't even taste as good as my memory is telling me it used to be. I will never get the above mentioned vision of the kid selling it out of my head now though. GROSS!!!

Secondly, as some of you may remember, I am a teacher and this morning a teacher in my neighborhood school was shot and killed while at school. This was a targeted incedent and it was not at my school, but the community is in shock and it just hits so close to home. When you see these things on the news you are always thankful it is not your community/school/someone you knew, but I drive by this school everyday on my way to work. Just so, so , so sad. My heart aches for the young teacher and her family, the school and students. Just senseless!!

First off my condolances to you and your community. This must be such a hard time for everyone. You are all in my prayers.
Secondly, don`t be too hard on your yourself over the popcorn episode. These things happen. The most important thing is that you pick yourself, dust yourself off and move forward from there.
You can do this buddy! I have faith in you! :hug:

Mystical Mamma 02-27-2010 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eastcoastmama (Post 3175146)
Well, weighed in and down 2.2 lbs. Little by little.

Was so tempted last night, just had to leave the room. The kids were doing a science experiment. They were making homemade ice cream. It looked so good. I knew I couldn't stay. This was one of the first times I wished I wasn't on a diet. I think it was more the social part of it. They were having alot of fun.

Great job on the 2.2 lbs! :carrot:

Mystical Mamma 02-27-2010 10:10 AM

Had so much fun with my wii fit this morning! Actually exercised for 30 minutes and didn`t even realize it! I think this is going to be a great investment!!! Have a great day everyone!
Keep up the good fight!

Wyo Sky 02-27-2010 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma (Post 3175280)
Had so much fun with my wii fit this morning! Actually exercised for 30 minutes and didn`t even realize it! I think this is going to be a great investment!!! Have a great day everyone!
Keep up the good fight!

Sounds like fun...I have been looking into purchasing a Wii but currently there are none where I live. What activities/games come with the Wii Fit? Which do you most enjoy? Are there two versions of Wii Fit? I am interested to know what people are doing on their Wii's so if I purchase one, I'll be getting the right one. ;)

RJC 02-27-2010 10:55 AM

Well my flight home was canceled Thursday night so no weigh in for me Friday morning. Getting ready to head in for a weigh-in now though.

I'm mixed on this week. Just don't FEEL like I'm down much. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

*To the poster that was up this week.....Starting workouts ,as others have said, will cause you to retain water. Did you use a different time of day for the weigh in? I know this effects me a ton....I'm easily 3-4 pounds heavier in the PM vs in the morning.

Mystical Mamma 02-27-2010 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wyo Sky (Post 3175309)
Sounds like fun...I have been looking into purchasing a Wii but currently there are none where I live. What activities/games come with the Wii Fit? Which do you most enjoy? Are there two versions of Wii Fit? I am interested to know what people are doing on their Wii's so if I purchase one, I'll be getting the right one. ;)

It is a blast! I bought the newer Wii Fit Plus version. Not sure what the difference is between the original and the plus though. My fave`s so far (mind you only day 1) are the biking through the park, hula hooping, various yoga moves, bumper balls, and snow ball fighting! I tried `flying`and `tight rope walking` but my balance is not so great .... yet!

Still feel like a clumsy duck, :tread: but hopefully that feeling passes with time! Many many other activities, but hard to explain some others, like being a penguin eating fishies!
lol!

BevS 02-27-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Novak (Post 3175067)
I wouldn't recommend being as lax as your friend with this diet. It's basically chemistry, and it really does depend on following the protocol. No matter how small the infraction, the process is interrupted. Period. Some people just lose weight easier than others. Perhaps your friend is one of them. I am not.

At first, I found myself competing with the numbers I saw others achieving. I lost big the first week, but have evened off considerably around 3 pounds per week... sometimes less. Over the long haul, my average is still as promised - about 4.5 pounds a week - but I'm really not stressing about the weekly rate. There's nothing magical about a week. Who's not impressed when you can say, "I've lost 20 pounds since the last time you saw me?" It doesn't matter if you only logged a half pound the previous week. (A benefit of weighing daily, is that you can count your losses over any period of time you want!)

Anyway, while everyone starts this program to lose weight, that can almost be considered a side effect. Others have noted that fat loss is more significant than with other diets - your clothes get bigger than your weight loss would warrant. If you read the literature, the health benefits are significant... in my own case, I was able to cut my blood pressure meds in half after two weeks. I predict I'll be off them by the time I'm done. I had additional blood work done just before I began, and I'm confident those numbers will improve significantly, as well.

So go ahead and be anal. Don't be led astray... keep your head down and persevere. You're investing some big bucks in this, and you owe it to yourself to maximize your return. It may come more slowly or quickly than for others, but that's just a distraction. It's important to do everything you can to make it an efficient process. The weight loss and health benefits need to be optimized for you, and not someone else.

I'm definitely not a fast loser either. Amen to all you said. :) And thanks.

libbyshims 02-27-2010 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilita175 (Post 3174981)
Did you tell your coach that you started a hardcore workout? If so, he/she should have told you that your muscles are holding on to water. It is caused by the inflammatory process.

When you exercise you are causing micro tears in the muscle tissue. The muscles are now "injured" and your body reacts by sending extra blood cells (fluid) to the injured areas. These blood cells contain special components to help heal the injured areas. The muscle tissue has become inflamed and swollen. Eventually the injured muscle tissue heals and becomes new muscle. And the fluid is released. It's a beautiful process.

Your body is simply holding fluid. Be sure to drink all of your water to help "flush" out your muscles.

Thanks Lilita!
You are absolutely right. I weighed myself this morning and I am at 159.5 nude! Yippee!!! I am not going to worry about yesterdays 5 pounds, just focusing on the future. Am eliminating the crystal light from my waters after I realized that each packet is 1 carb! I have a 3 qt. pitcher of cucumber water in my fridge that I am now going to drink each day. Reminds me of the Spa!

NSV last night-went to my monthly Dress club and everyone was noticing that I have lost and some even wanted the information on the diet. That is a huge bonus, because my coach will give me a box of free food for every referral. So far, I have referred 2 people and will probably add 1 or 2 more. Almost a full week of free food-yay!

Again, I can't tell you guys how much this site means...I don't think I would have made it through yesterday without it! Have a wonderful weekend, y'all!;)

fluffymama 02-27-2010 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 (Post 3174046)
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell. :?:

yes you can!! I use them all the time!