Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #271  

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
You know, ever since I first made the mashed cauli (not on I.P., but before...and I used cream and butter!) I actually prefer the taste to mashed potatoes. I think I'll try the fried turnips tomorrow night. Thanks.

Had Turnip fries for dinner tonight with a turkey burger! They were good, but I feel like a big turnip and they may be multiplying in my stomach? It was 2cups, but it seems like soo much!

This protocol is crazy like that!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #272  

For the more experienced IPer's....could you talk about how the inches vs the pounds on the scale. My sponsor focuses a lot on how your body is "re-shaped" and really wants you to see the results in the measurements and not always on the scale.

And I believe I have read here or maybe elsewhere that a 20lb loss on IP affects clothes fitting more drastically than 20lbs on another plan. Is this because of the fat loss vs the water/muscle/fat/whatever-else-may-be-lost plans?

When did you notice having to go buy new clothes? Anyone seeing a drastic body shap change? How about body shapes...are you an apple, pear...? Any particular shape losing faster/easier/more steadily?

Just curious!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:35 PM   #273  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by echobaby View Post
Welcome back Mirazon!! We missed you.
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back! Echobaby like you I've been on the strict plan again. Had my 1st official weigh in today and was pleasantly surprised to be down 5 lbs. I think this is like when we started and I'm shedding a lot of water picked up because of increased carbs. At any rate I'll take it!!!

Torchlaker so sorry to hear about you and your son's cars ! There's just no way to plan for situations like that. I wish you all the best in your car search.

As far as ketosticks go, I absolutely HAVE to use them. Logically I know that if I stay on program, I will remain in ketosis, but I guess I'm so visual that I want to verify at least once a day. I usually cut the sticks in half or thirds so they last longer. Just make sure not to touch the pads if you do this.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:42 PM   #274  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
My brother and sis-in-law have been in maintenance for over 6 months now and have not gained any wt. back. In fact, my brother lost his last 10 pounds after he reached maintenance. He had been on maintenance for a few weeks then he decided he wanted to go a little lower so he went right back on Phase I, lost the 10 pounds and is now back on maintenance. He is 5 ft 11 and lost 90 pounds since April 09. He now weighs 190 pounds, his high school wt. and has the energy of a teenager.

So I am a true believer that IP works. It's our last diet, Folks!
I'm a believer too!!!! Thanks for letting us know how your brother and sister-in-law are doing. I think being able to keep the weight off is the biggest concern of all of us in Phase 1 and 2.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #275  

And for Phase 1-er's.... How do you get your packets in?

This is how my last week has gone:

Breakfast: @ 7am Cappacino Packet (once tried with coffee, but enjoy it by itself)

Lunch: @12pm Soup Packet (chick or mushroom) with some added veggies, if I have left overs from the night before with a large leafy salad with cucumbers and mushrooms and a WF dressing

Dinner: @ 7pm ....as the plan states meat and veggies...I have been experimenting...steak, fillet of fish, turkey burger, chicken, pork chop, hamburger and the 2 cups of veggies....cabbage and celery stir dry, spinach with mushrooms stir fry, broccoli, mashed califlower, turnips, salad ( need variety )

Snack @9pm Butterscotch Pudding.

Extra's: Coffee with sugar free flavors and the 1 oz of skim milk. I have done this on three different days, only once with the flavor, all three times with the 1 oz of milk.

I think I need to stick my snack between lunch and dinner, what do you think? I so enjoy the pudding at night, but I know the plan suggests no eating after 8pm. And we just aren't home and eating dinner until 7pm. Since this was my first week, there was a 4th packet added in there either before Lunch or after, but the last few days I haven't felt the need for anything other than the protocol.

I also have two active kids, which means running around after work and sometimes a forced fast meal (often cases 30 mins to get from one place to another AND eat dinner). Anyone ever eat their meat and veggies for breakfast, veggies and packet for lunch, packet for dinner and then snack?

I am just trying to see how everyone makes this work for them in their busy lives. I work and have kids and run them all over....and sometimes a bad planner.

(long post, sorry)......but for example....

Tomarrow is one of those days. I was thinking about doing my meals this way...

Bfast- 2 whole eggs, spinach and celery omlet (the meat and 2cups veggies)

Lunch- Soup with veggies, Salad with veggies (which my lunch is also an on the go lunch because its weigh in day!!!!)

Dinner- Packet of something tasty---Cranberry maybe? (in the car while ordering the kids dinner, but nothing for me)

Snack: Pudding.

This would still be on plan and save my dinner fiasco, don't you think?

And since I am new, if you see anything to improve, let me know!

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:02 PM   #276  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilita175 View Post
We danced about 6 fast songs and I didn't get tired or breathless at all. I also enjoyed sitting on a bar stool (drinking iced water with lemon) without my jeans binding across my belly.

Talk about a couple of GREAT NSV's (Non Scale Victories)!!! In many ways these moments help to keep me more motivated than that blasted scale When I realize I'm now able to do something I hadn't previously been able to do, I know without a doubt this is worth it!

Does anyone else have any NSV's they can share to keep us all motivated?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:04 PM   #277  
Began IP 9/14/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
Well....I am SOOO HAPPY to report that not only did I avoid the cookies, crackers, chips, cheese ball, BBQ Sandwiches, and veggie dip....I wasn't even tempted!!!! Not one item made it to this mouth that wasn't supposed to be there!
Yeah You!!! This has to be so empowering!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #278  
Started IP 1/8/10

S/C/G: 192.5/166/130

Height: 5'4"

Committed1 --
I met with my consultant last Wednesday and began IP on Friday, so I'm still figuring this out too! My consultant told me that the reason we're supposed to have that last protein packet at night is so that our bodies will have something to "snack on" while we're sleeping and it won't go after the stored protein in our bodies (or something along those lines). I've been having mine around 9pm every night, though I do wish that I could have it in the afternoons sometimes. She also said that we could feel free to have our home-cooked protein meal for lunch or dinner (she didn't mention breakfast, but it seems reasonable, though I would check). My boyfriend (who I live with) is doing the diet with me, so we decided it was easier to do the packets in the morning and at lunch and to cook dinner together in the evening. However, we have no children and nowhere to run off to in the evenings. I think your plan sounds good if it works for you!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #279  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Yeah You!!! This has to be so empowering!
Thanks....VERY empowering. I count this as a NSV!!!!

Mirazon....70lbs in 4 months? OMG...you are awesome!!! Averaging 17.5lbs a month and over two holidays that love to add weight to everyone! That's like 1/2lb a day!!!

What about inches? Do you feel like a new person? Do clothes fit completely different? Do tell!

YOU should feel empowered!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:16 PM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilk View Post
Committed1 --
I met with my consultant last Wednesday and began IP on Friday, so I'm still figuring this out too! My consultant told me that the reason we're supposed to have that last protein packet at night is so that our bodies will have something to "snack on" while we're sleeping and it won't go after the stored protein in our bodies (or something along those lines). I've been having mine around 9pm every night, though I do wish that I could have it in the afternoons sometimes. She also said that we could feel free to have our home-cooked protein meal for lunch or dinner (she didn't mention breakfast, but it seems reasonable, though I would check). My boyfriend (who I live with) is doing the diet with me, so we decided it was easier to do the packets in the morning and at lunch and to cook dinner together in the evening. However, we have no children and nowhere to run off to in the evenings. I think your plan sounds good if it works for you!

OH...the packet in the evening reasoning sounds familiar...I was probably told that. I was given a book, to which I was told was my IP Bible, but this little tid bit is not in there. My "Bible" is missing some things! (hahaha) I go for a weigh in tomorrow and will ask.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #281  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Committed1, your plan sounds perfect. They say as long as you get all your foods in it doesn't matter when. Some say they have split the snack - 1/2 after lunch and 1/2 before bed. I just drank the Jello. Mmmmm, feels so good to have a warm drink here in cold Wyoming.

Last edited by toomanycats; 01-11-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:43 PM   #282  
Love

S/C/G: 238/in progress :P/208

Height: 5-9

Love reading you all !!

I'M in and out of the forum but it is alway good to get informations on IP and sharing storys

i just came back from 6 weeks in australia to see my bfriend . I had near 30 pounds off when he saw me . I was really feeing good on the beach with my baiting suit. I was a good feeling.
No need to tell that i took a break of IP , didnt want to bring the products oversea and in Australia , i didnt bother to look t up .
But i Did good , just put 2 pounds while I was away . I was very constience of my choises, but did do the pizza's and the beers at the pub

I had a great time and am ready to continue and drop the 22 ( 20 before a left) pounds left
Old 01-11-2010, 10:57 PM   #283  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirazon View Post
Does anyone else have any NSV's they can share to keep us all motivated?
Being able to walk up the stairs to my house with less effort!!! (Only 4 steps in the front and 4 in the back, but they have a high rise to them which made them more difficult.)

Not being able to reach the steering wheel with my thigh when I want to do something that requires both hands, while driving
Old 01-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #284  

Quote:
For the more experienced IPer's....could you talk about how the inches vs the pounds on the scale. My sponsor focuses a lot on how your body is "re-shaped" and really wants you to see the results in the measurements and not always on the scale.

And I believe I have read here or maybe elsewhere that a 20lb loss on IP affects clothes fitting more drastically than 20lbs on another plan. Is this because of the fat loss vs the water/muscle/fat/whatever-else-may-be-lost plans?

When did you notice having to go buy new clothes? Anyone seeing a drastic body shap change? How about body shapes...are you an apple, pear...? Any particular shape losing faster/easier/more steadily?

Just curious!
Hey there - I just hit my 20 pound mark. I started the program a size 14 and I moved to a size 12 on week 5 and then week 7 went down to a 10 and I just started week 9 and have noticed that the 10's are a little sloppy. I was shocked I could get into a 10 again but can't move down to an 8 because I have too much around my butt and thighs where my tummy is saying lets go to an 8.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #285  

S/C/G: 180/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
And for Phase 1-er's.... How do you get your packets in?

This is how my last week has gone:

Breakfast: @ 7am Cappacino Packet (once tried with coffee, but enjoy it by itself)

Lunch: @12pm Soup Packet (chick or mushroom) with some added veggies, if I have left overs from the night before with a large leafy salad with cucumbers and mushrooms and a WF dressing

Dinner: @ 7pm ....as the plan states meat and veggies...I have been experimenting...steak, fillet of fish, turkey burger, chicken, pork chop, hamburger and the 2 cups of veggies....cabbage and celery stir dry, spinach with mushrooms stir fry, broccoli, mashed califlower, turnips, salad ( need variety )

Snack @9pm Butterscotch Pudding.

Extra's: Coffee with sugar free flavors and the 1 oz of skim milk. I have done this on three different days, only once with the flavor, all three times with the 1 oz of milk.

I think I need to stick my snack between lunch and dinner, what do you think? I so enjoy the pudding at night, but I know the plan suggests no eating after 8pm. And we just aren't home and eating dinner until 7pm. Since this was my first week, there was a 4th packet added in there either before Lunch or after, but the last few days I haven't felt the need for anything other than the protocol.

I also have two active kids, which means running around after work and sometimes a forced fast meal (often cases 30 mins to get from one place to another AND eat dinner). Anyone ever eat their meat and veggies for breakfast, veggies and packet for lunch, packet for dinner and then snack?

I am just trying to see how everyone makes this work for them in their busy lives. I work and have kids and run them all over....and sometimes a bad planner.

(long post, sorry)......but for example....

Tomarrow is one of those days. I was thinking about doing my meals this way...

Bfast- 2 whole eggs, spinach and celery omlet (the meat and 2cups veggies)

Lunch- Soup with veggies, Salad with veggies (which my lunch is also an on the go lunch because its weigh in day!!!!)

Dinner- Packet of something tasty---Cranberry maybe? (in the car while ordering the kids dinner, but nothing for me)

Snack: Pudding.

This would still be on plan and save my dinner fiasco, don't you think?

And since I am new, if you see anything to improve, let me know!

Thanks!
My husband and I started have "dinner" for "breakfast" over a year ago--long before I heard of IP. It helps with his digestion and atrial fibrillation. So on the plan, we still do it that way. I just put a turkey breast in the slow cooker and we'll have that and cauliflower and salad in the morning.

Then I have soup or an omelet and salad for lunch. I found that I could put the omelet mixture into a small pie plate and bake it in the oven for 10 minutes or so. Then I can cut it into bite sized pieces, put it in a baggie and take it for when we are on the go in the car, etc. Or put the soup in a thermos. I usually take the shaker in the car with me with the Raspberry Jelly, Chocolate Drink or Blueberry Drink for those rides home when I am hungry after being out for so long. That with a few celery sticks and I can come home and feed my daughter without feeling famished.

Hope this helps....
Tina
Closed Thread